+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2012 Applicants - JOIN HERE!

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
My question and my message is can i get spouse :-

hi my wife wants to applly for me outland spouse sponsor visa she is original pr(main applicant) from last 2 and 1/2 yrs. yrs.for both of us it is second marriage her 1st husband got expired in india 2 years back. and i am divorcee from india divorce in dec. 2011.she is also indian but went to canada in 2010 we both meet online from matrimonial website marriage portal, i was in india and she was in canada she has 11 yrs daughter from 1st marriage, i know and we both dont have problem too, but will it affect our visa case. can u suggest will this kind of case gets visa.
i had never travlled to canada before , but before our marriage i and my mom in feb 2012 apply for visitor visa got rejected, wants to give her surprise. i had travel few asian countries and uk for business purpose for few days.
her age is 33 and mine is 32, we both meet online in jan 2012 and informed our parents did proper wedding in india in march 2012 honeymoon celebrated mine birthday party with friends and family too.she returned to canada after month staying together in april 2012 and with all photos , bills , forms, wedding cards, divorce degree, etc etc.can u help is this case straightforward or complicated. can i get sponsor spouse visa or not. she is working in canada.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Hi jpbs,

My question and my message is can i get spouse :-
it sounds like you already have one. ;)

my wife wants to applly for me outland spouse sponsor visa she is original pr(main applicant) from last 2 and 1/2 yrs. yrs
If you are saying that your wife became PR 2.5 years ago by being sponsored by her first husband. She needs to wait for another 2.5 years to be eligible to be a sponsor.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Dear Friends.

Some bad news at my side. I hope someone can please share his/her thoughts. I applied for my
spouse sponsorship on May 2nd, 2012 to CIC, Mississauga. Our visa office is New Delhi. Before submitting the
application I asked my wife to check with DMP, New Delhi and get her Medical. When my wife called the DMP, she
was misguided that Medicals can only been done after the File Number is generated. Because of this we submitted the
application without medicals and wrote on checklist that 'informed by dmp, new delhi that medicals can only be done after receiving file
number'. Lately when i was reading this forum, i came to know that medicals can be done without file number. we again cross-checked with DMP, after sending application and this time the agent told ohh yes medicals can be done without file number. So on June 27th, 2012 my wife did her medicals. Now problem is how should we inform CIC to add the missing medical to our file. As per current timeline it can take another 1.5 to 2 months before they touch my wifes file and it only takes me one day to send this missing document. Do CIC, Mississauga generally open the parcels as soon as they receive it to check missing documents and if not return the packet, or open packets after 3 months. I read in this forum two people who applied in starting May to cic, mississauga and their packets were returned in end of may due to missing documents. Kindly please share thoughts friends. I will be very grateful as my mood is very low.

regards, Godhelp

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Hi godhelp,

We've seen applications being returned after 2-3 weeks (initial check) and also after 3 months when they start processing it. So, it seems there is no definite way as to when they return the applications.

On all cases though, when they have returned the packages, they have made it possible for the applicant to retain their place in the queue, if they complete and resubmit their applications up to a set date. So the set back seems to be a couple of weeks.

Not to worry, it's going to be fine. I've also seen people sending missing documents before having their UCI, using their receipt number, but personally I'd rather wait till they communicate first. I know it's nerve wrecking! Hang in there :)

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
AnaMaria said:
Hi jpbs,
it sounds like you already have one. ;)
If you are saying that your wife became PR 2.5 years ago by being sponsored by her first husband. She needs to wait for another 2.5 years to be eligible to be a sponsor.
hi anaa maria ,
my wife is original PR her 1st husband was dependent spouse visa and also daughter too. all were from india she got.
she was not dependent spouse visa. she was main applicant from india.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Hello BCGirl,

Thank You very much for the reply. Can you kindly tell me how do CIC, Mississauga communicate for
missing document. Do they send an email or a postal mail. I have mentioned in the application package
my email address, and it is written if we put email address on application all communication come to
email. Can you please throw some light on this.

Thanks,
Godhelp

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
godhelp said:
Hello BCGirl,

Thank You very much for the reply. Can you kindly tell me how do CIC, Mississauga communicate for
missing document. Do they send an email or a postal mail. I have mentioned in the application package
my email address, and it is written if we put email address on application all communication come to

Thanks,
Godhelp
It seems to depend on the agent processing your file....some email and some send regular mail...... :(
]

canada_boi

May 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2012 App. Rcvd.......: April 30, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 8, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Passport Req..
Nov 28, 2012
Hello fellow May applicants!
Just want to be included on your spreadsheet.. I am applying for my wife's sponsorship and it's nice to see this forum rolling. Country of origin is from manila; Application mailed April 27,2012; Application received May 2, 2012. I think we will be on the same boat(or should I say same plane) when we get our visa's granted. :D Hope all of us reunite to our love ones the soonest. ;)

Thanks in advance to the spreadsheet admin. ;)

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
Hello May applicants. Just thought i'd let you all know. A friend of someone in April got AOR! 8)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
yippeeee :) getting closer everyday!

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna (principle applicant)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012 (rec. 22-May-2012)
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
oh and i can be added to the spreadsheet as well, here are the dates again:

Category: Fam/Spouse
Visa office: vienna, austria
Medical done: 02 march 2012
App. sent: 18 may 2012
App recieved: 22 may 2012

Im living in germany, my husband in toronto, so we are applying outside of canada.

Im glad to see 2 people going through the vienna office too, in here. Franzi is close to me with the date, just a bit earlier :)
Im one of those nervous people, that have a hard time waiting (impatient), and i guess i drive my hubby nuts between, he somehow manages better than me to stay relaxed, at least on the outside. And even though we go into the final steps in more than 2 years now, im having a harder time to deal with being away from him than at times before. But nothing there can be done other than wait and hope it goes smoothly and without big delays. I wish all of you luck and enough patience!!!
Hope we all hear good news in the next weeks....

peggyfran

May 16, 2012
pinder123 said:
Most of the approvals are coming via email I applied in March and mine came via email so if you have given your email....good enough....Call CIC and ask them to change your address.......If you have ever applied for citizenship...use ur client id and you can change your addresss......
Is there a number on their website to contact cic for this? (from outside Canada) I cannot seem to find one. Thanks for all the help!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
godhelp said:
Hello BCGirl,

Thanks,
Godhelp
Hey Godhelp,

reading from the different cases in this forum, I think it would be best to wait until VO New Delhi asks for it. Of course it is only my opinion! but the medical is more related to the applicant's file, and in Missaussaga it's mostly about the sponsor... so IF Mississauga asks for the medicals, then you can send it right away. As others have said, you won't loose your place in the queue, so it's no big deal It might add maybe a few weeks ( from 1 day to 3 weeks maybe, if I see how it went for others).
The other solution is to wait - once you have your sponsorship approval you will be given a UCI and reference number, and your file will be sent to New Delhi. AS soon as you have your UCI, and you know that your file is being transferred to New Delhi, then you can send them the medicals, and it will be easier to match it with your file since you will have the reference - so it seems ( to me at least) to be safer that way.

Good luck for waiting - it is nerve wrecking, but not much to do about it!
Sweden

ReturningHome

Jul 1, 2012
Hi. We sent our application from the UK on the 9th of May.
I am from Canada, and applied to sponsor my fiance who is from the UK.
Please add me to your tracker and I'll keep you updated on our status.

We are heading to Canada next month, so I can start looking for work. I guess my guy is going to get in a lot of fishing while he waits for his PR!

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Hello Sweden,

Its really not nice, that their is no consistency as to how they send communication, sometimes
postal letters and sometimes emails etc. I hope they just send us request on a missing document
after 3 months and dont send us whole packet. Anyone on the forum who just got missing document
request after 3 months and not the whole packet back.

Thanks,
Godhelp