Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
Are you sure she or her hubby got no e-CAS update at all? From my experience, it's pretty standard that everyone receives the basic updates in e-CAS about application received at Mississauga, sponsorship approved, received at the VO. It's just that often the "received at VO" update is the last one they get for months at a time and they are left wondering what is going on. Anyway, I don't know if you guys have a spreadsheet over at the Rabat thread but it would be very helpful to just see what patterns there are. Like, if this person got her AOR 3 months into filing the application (or was it 3 months from when it was received at Rabat), that's something for you to keep in mind. But it's hard to compare when you don't have several other people too. Oh, and I just wanted to clarify about the client ID thing. If she said Rabat assigned her husband a "new Client ID" she really must mean that it's his first Client ID as Client ID will never change. You are assigned one the first time you have any dealings with CIC, like getting a study or work permit. I got a study permit before I filed my application so that permit had my Client ID. Citizens do not have one.
HAHAHA... honestly I have no idea... this is a quote of what she wrote:

"My husband received a letter from Rabat last month after 3 month's. No e-mail just a letter. The letter just stated they received his app and this is your new client id number."

I have seen posts here that say that the letter changes infront of the same client id #. Did you find that?

You are right it would be nice to start a spreadsheet there. I wish I was more capable in that area as I would start one if there was an interest in it over there. I don't know I am finding immirgration is quite inconsistant. Different methods for different VO's...I think there should just be a simple standard over all. Do this and this and this and it would just make it easier for us as applicants. No questions of wondering if your going to get information from a VO or not. I have seen posts where people have said that sometimes the VO send confirmation and sometimes not?? That seems really odd to me....and lazy on behalf of the VO's that do not do it.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got around to calling the Access to Info & Privacy Client Service Unit of CIC (thank God someone at CIC actually picks up the phone as all I get when I call the Call Centre is my phone ringing busy for several seconds until the phone call is dropped).

The woman was very nice and helpful and told me that 1) they still accept the old form, and 2) they can see that I am in Canada by looking in their computer system so it's OK I didn't enclose the $5 (and I obviously don't need the authorization form because it's a request for my own records.)

She also said an agent has not yet looked at it. She noticed that my email address wasn't on there and, even though I checked off the box for receiving them via postal mail, I gave her my email address over the phone. She said I should receive the notes September 2nd (I'm guessing via email but I'm totally fine if they end up doing it the regular way too. I'm just glad the application is OK and not going to be returned to me because I didn't do something correctly).
spicymum said:
Thanks ddobro2 and Darque for taking the time to explain the CAIP notes forms as well as to everyone who set me pms on this.

I just completed the application forms and will be sending them out in the morning.

I completed the 2011 request form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

and hubby completed the authority to release personal information form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

I included the $5 cheque, proof of residency for myself and a copy of the email Accra had sent requesting an interview (just in case I did not quote the correct FILE NUMBER for my husband's application, they could see the correct information for themselves on the email.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
I just got around to calling the Access to Info & Privacy Client Service Unit of CIC (thank God someone at CIC actually picks up the phone as all I get when I call the Call Centre is my phone ringing busy for several seconds until the phone call is dropped).

The woman was very nice and helpful and told me that 1) they still accept the old form, and 2) they can see that I am in Canada by looking in their computer system so it's OK I didn't enclose the $5 (and I obviously don't need the authorization form because it's a request for my own records.)

She also said an agent has not yet looked at it. She noticed that my email address wasn't on there and, even though I checked off the box for receiving them via postal mail, I gave her my email address over the phone. She said I should receive the notes September 2nd (I'm guessing via email but I'm totally fine if they end up doing it the regular way too. I'm just glad the application is OK and not going to be returned to me because I didn't do something correctly).
FYI "sent by email" is usually for documents less than 25 pages.
Please let us know if it is larger than that when it arrives.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's gotta be. My expectations at this point are that I ordered it too soon and it'll have not much info I don't already know in it. But we'll see how it turns out. On another note, it seems like people from the Buffalo thread are telling me that I have a "forced AOR." Yeah, it's a new term we coined. ;D That's when you email your VO to bug them and they send you an automated email with your file number and that they received it (and then pray that you get off their back :p ). Not that I had some inconsequential reasons to bug them - I just wanted to know whether they got my CSQ (which I still don't know), because I was hearing that they would ignore your file until they did. Anyway, I wasn't sure what to consider it (see, I'm keen to be a bit conservative when it comes to AOR) and a couple of people have told me to consider that AOR. Any other news from our Maybies out there (how about you London people?)
Baloo said:
FYI "sent by email" is usually for documents less than 25 pages.
Please let us know if it is larger than that when it arrives.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
ddobro2 said:
Any other news from our Maybies out there (how about you London people?)
Absolutely no news at all since London confirmed receiving our CSQ 6 weeks ago. Still waiting like everyone else.

Going by London's averages in pinklady's spreadsheet, I don't expect to get our PPR until the end of Aug / early Sept at the earliest ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What does "the letter changes infront of the same client id #. " mean?

Yeah, it's the inconsistent CIC that we know and love. Not. I'm like you and often find myself thinking that about them and how frustrating it is. But recently I had a different thought. I thought maybe there is a lot about their process that is really consistent and streamlined and we just don't focus on it because it's the inconsistencies that stand out.

Let's not poopoo the fact that your application was received at Rabat (!!!) just because you didn't get some stupid AOR yet. Just a little while back you got your file returned over two words and now look how much you've achieved - you got approved as a sponsor, they transferred it to Rabat, and it was received at Rabat. That is its final resting place until Rabat grants your husband a visa and you can start your lives together in earnest. Let's celebrate this milestone and not dwell on that darn AOR! ;D

dair2dv8103100 said:
HAHAHA... honestly I have no idea... this is a quote of what she wrote:

"My husband received a letter from Rabat last month after 3 month's. No e-mail just a letter. The letter just stated they received his app and this is your new client id number."

I have seen posts here that say that the letter changes infront of the same client id #. Did you find that?

You are right it would be nice to start a spreadsheet there. I wish I was more capable in that area as I would start one if there was an interest in it over there. I don't know I am finding immirgration is quite inconsistant. Different methods for different VO's...I think there should just be a simple standard over all. Do this and this and this and it would just make it easier for us as applicants. No questions of wondering if your going to get information from a VO or not. I have seen posts where people have said that sometimes the VO send confirmation and sometimes not?? That seems really odd to me....and lazy on behalf of the VO's that do not do it.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
What does "the letter changes infront of the same client id #. " mean?

Yeah, it's the inconsistent CIC that we know and love. Not. I'm like you and often find myself thinking that about them and how frustrating it is. But recently I had a different thought. I thought maybe there is a lot about their process that is really consistent and streamlined and we just don't focus on it because it's the inconsistencies that stand out.

Let's not poopoo the fact that your application was received at Rabat (!!!) just because you didn't get some stupid AOR yet. Just a little while back you got your file returned over two words and now look how much you've achieved - you got approved as a sponsor, they transferred it to Rabat, and it was received at Rabat. That is its final resting place until Rabat grants your husband a visa and you can start your lives together in earnest. Let's celebrate this milestone and not dwell on that darn AOR! ;D
I see in some threads that people are all freaked out by an F infront of the client id changing to an R or visa versa... I can't remember...once it is received in the VO country... But there is a lot of talk about it and so I guess I was just expecting it.

Anyway, you are right. It is harder to remember the good stuff when you feel overwhelmed by the rest of the things going on. Thanks for the reminder... ;D I am very happy to know it has arrived at the final destination for sure.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you share those posts with me? The Client ID is four numbers, a dash, followed by another four numbers, and like I mentioned, does not change. The immigration file number can start with a B or an F. Buffalo gave me both (although they only quoted the F number as the "application number" when they sent me that automated message later on), and both the B and F have nine digits following the respective letter. There's also a UCI number (numeric only). But I've never heard of a file starting with an R......
dair2dv8103100 said:
I see in some threads that people are all freaked out by an F infront of the client id changing to an R or visa versa... I can't remember...once it is received in the VO country... But there is a lot of talk about it and so I guess I was just expecting it.

Anyway, you are right. It is harder to remember the good stuff when you feel overwhelmed by the rest of the things going on. Thanks for the reminder... ;D I am very happy to know it has arrived at the final destination for sure.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Can you share those posts with me? The Client ID is four numbers, a dash, followed by another four numbers, and like I mentioned, does not change. The immigration file number can start with a B or an F. Buffalo gave me both (although they only quoted the F number as the "application number" when they sent me that automated message later on), and both the B and F have nine digits following the respective letter. There's also a UCI number (numeric only). But I've never heard of a file starting with an R......
Ok so I could have had the letters mixed up... B and F .

I have been searching for that thread for a while now so I can share it and to see what they said exactly but boy is it hard to search on here... I remember there was a thread specifically asking Anyone Else File Change from F to B?? but do you think I can find it now. ::)

And maybe it is something I should not even be worried or thinking about. :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's this - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t60116.0.html. Don't worry about it, you're fine. It's their internal hocus pocus, always "updating" some system or procedure. Sometimes I think we could get jobs as visa officers at this point, we know this stuff so well ::)
dair2dv8103100 said:
Ok so I could have had the letters mixed up... B and F .

I have been searching for that thread for a while now so I can share it and to see what they said exactly but boy is it hard to search on here... I remember there was a thread specifically asking Anyone Else File Change from F to B?? but do you think I can find it now. ::)

And maybe it is something I should not even be worried or thinking about. :p

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
It's this - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t60116.0.html. Don't worry about it, you're fine. It's their internal hocus pocus, always "updating" some system or procedure. Sometimes I think we could get jobs as visa officers at this point, we know this stuff so well ::)
Hahaha ... ok thank you very much.

It's amazing how we almost have too much information on this site sometimes. I tend to remember things thinking ... oh I will need that later.... then later comes and I find out that it was not really that big of a deal...LOL

Ah well I suppose it is better that the info is available if needed and then to find out it is not that important in your own case than for the information to not be available at all.

I really hope we get some more news for people that are waiting. I can sooo appreciate that feeling!

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Hmmmm ... I felt the need to message just for our thread not to get lost on page one ;)

Hello everyone :) :D :D :D

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...