25/05/2011
Passport Req..
13/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2011 received back with DHL 3/1/12
LANDED..........
08/02/2012
spicymum said:
Thanks theachrissy. Very much appreciated!! :) :)

So I have great news and not so great news!
I literally caught the email from Accra coming into my inbox. They are requesting an interview for my husband!!

Now, its great news to hear from them seeing I was slowly loosing my mind. But y are they requesting an interview after all the proof of relationship that we had sent!!!!??? Ggrrrrr.

And the interview date is October 11th. I was desperately hoping that we would have been done with this process by then!

Well, at least I have a date in mind, much better than not knowing.
Fingers crossed for this stage.
:)
hey.......

::) oooh at least you got some news, thats great news !!! It sucks that the interview is in 2 months though. I guess you can never know with the VO's !?!?!?! Its better having a date in mind though...

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
ecas was just updated saying my application was received on 28th July.
. I'd just settled into not expecting to hear anything until at least October.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
1-3. The difference on the Privacy Act vs. Access to Information Act, I'm not crystal clear on, but the CIC website seems to suggest that the former is for requests for personal information belonging to the requester and the latter for requests for personal information not belonging to the requester. Thus, you would pertain to Access to Information Act. I think I actually may have messed up on this part because all I did (I am in Canada at the moment and am the applicant) was fill out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf, and not enclose any payment or any other correspondence. Maybe I will get my letter returned to me with no CAIPS notes, maybe not. There's also another (similar but not identical) form I've discovered at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf. I really can't say which one would be used in which circumstance. In true CIC fashion, one paragraph on the form that I did use has a truly confusing wording: "Requests under the Access to Information or Privacy Acts can only be made by Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or a person present in Canada, therefore if your client is not one of the above, your request must be made under the Access to Information Act. Also, your first request must include proof (i.e. copy of Canadian passport) that the requester (yourself) is one of the above if you are making the request from outside Canada." If you can decipher this gem of government hieroglyphics, I'd love to know the meaning.

4. There are websites that will do it for you but they'll charge around $30-40 for it.

5. Just in case, I would sign this and have him fill out and sign this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf.

Best bet might be to call the number on that second unilingual form I linked to and ask them explain this stuff. I'd love to hear your report back on it if you do.

Thanks ddobro2 and Darque for taking the time to explain the CAIP notes forms as well as to everyone who set me pms on this.

I just completed the application forms and will be sending them out in the morning.

I completed the 2011 request form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

and hubby completed the authority to release personal information form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

I included the $5 cheque, proof of residency for myself and a copy of the email Accra had sent requesting an interview (just in case I did not quote the correct FILE NUMBER for my husband’s application, they could see the correct information for themselves on the email.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
theachrissy said:
hey.......

::) oooh at least you got some news, thats great news !!! It sucks that the interview is in 2 months though. I guess you can never know with the VO's !?!?!?! Its better having a date in mind though...
Thanks for the words of advice/encouragement theachrissy, Dair, sthomas, ddobro2, arian74 and Darque.
I just sent out our application for CAIP notes, had requested to receive them via email.
Will simply continue with life with a bit less anxiety about this process, wait for those notes and mentally start preparing myself for October 11 and afterwards.
;D

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
spicymum said:
Thanks for the words of advice/encouragement theachrissy, Dair, sthomas, ddobro2, arian74 and Darque.
I just sent out our application for CAIP notes, had requested to receive them via email.
Will simply continue with life with a bit less anxiety about this process, wait for those notes and mentally start preparing myself for October 11 and afterwards.
;D
Yeap, but it could mean few days after October 11, visa will be in your husband's hand :) :) So something to look forward! Yahoo !!! :D :D :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see why you needed to pay the 5 bucks but oh well......
spicymum said:
Thanks ddobro2 and Darque for taking the time to explain the CAIP notes forms as well as to everyone who set me pms on this.

I just completed the application forms and will be sending them out in the morning.

I completed the 2011 request form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

and hubby completed the authority to release personal information form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

I included the $5 cheque, proof of residency for myself and a copy of the email Accra had sent requesting an interview (just in case I did not quote the correct FILE NUMBER for my husband's application, they could see the correct information for themselves on the email.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
I don't see why you needed to pay the 5 bucks but oh well......
Yes, it seems strange they would want the $5 if they are sending via email. But ... tis the governement I suppose.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, it's not even about email vs. paper. I thought it says that Canadian citizens do not need to pay the fee if they order.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Yes, it seems strange they would want the $5 if they are sending via email. But ... tis the governement I suppose.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Oh, it's not even about email vs. paper. I thought it says that Canadian citizens do not need to pay the fee if they order.
Thats one of the confusing bits I found with the CAIPS notes app process; I read somewhere that if U r applying for someone's details or under the Access to Info Act (or watever that law was called) as opposed to the Privacy Act, then U had to pay the $5. I did not want to take the chance of the application being returned cos of $5 so I just sent that to them.
My little gift to CIC for all the peace of mind they have given me thus far. Or not! :p

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
spicymum said:
Thats one of the confusing bits I found with the CAIPS notes app process; I read somewhere that if U r applying for someone's details or under the Access to Info Act (or watever that law was called) as opposed to the Privacy Act, then U had to pay the $5. I did not want to take the chance of the application being returned cos of $5 so I just sent that to them.
My little gift to CIC for all the peace of mind they have given me thus far. Or not! :p
I still find the whole thing confusing even after trying to follow you with it...hahaha

I don't blame you for just sending it. Better for them to return a cheque (or tear it up) than to not pay and have to wait for them to let you know you need to pay and then sending the cheque and having them try to match it to what they have already and then them cashing it and actually sending you the information....*big breath and.................. blah blah blah

hahaha ... I am so in the wrong business. I gotta find a government job so I can actually retire at a decent age...lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, who knows. I just thought that citizens, PRs and "people in Canada" (whatever that means) don't need to pay the money, regardless of who they are getting the info for. I knew you'd say that about the peace of mind, though ;D And you're right. Why start nickle and diming CIC when we've already paid an arm and a leg and when there's a whole lifetime of love on the line? Plus the fact that you're just going to be ordering GCMS the one time.
spicymum said:

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
sthomas said:
Yeap, but it could mean few days after October 11, visa will be in your husband's hand :) :) So something to look forward! Yahoo !!! :D :D :D
Amen to that, sthomas!

Dair and ddobro2, just in case U were still wondering, I was able to confirm from the CIC Contact Centre, as well as the website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/faq.asp) that I needed to apply under the Access to Info Act (hence the $5) since I was requesting info on someone else - ie spouse.
BTW I think thats just dumb ...afterall, did we - the sponsor - not send out the application ourselves?!! Have they CIC not been communicating with us about the PR application (do some/most of us not have our addresses on there as point of contact)? What is the need for that stupid consent letter again. :-\

Anyways, not worth my sleep at night...that $5.
And AMEN to that comment ddobro2 about this process already costing us an arm and a leg...so what's $5? lol

janyte

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/05/2011
File Transfer...
21/06/2011
Med's Done....
4/26/2011
Just wanted to join the May group! I've been watching and reading the group from Outland Buffalo and just realized this existed as well. I will go back and read to see where people are in the process. Just trying to move my Canadian educated, US citizen husband up to Ontario. We've been living in the US (Mass) for 28 years and are ready to head home for a few years to try to help out the folks....seems simple.... :D

Good luck to you all!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
janyte said:
Just wanted to join the May group! I've been watching and reading the group from Outland Buffalo and just realized this existed as well. I will go back and read to see where people are in the process. Just trying to move my Canadian educated, US citizen husband up to Ontario. We've been living in the US (Mass) for 28 years and are ready to head home for a few years to try to help out the folks....seems simple.... :D

Good luck to you all!
Welcome to the forum, janyte! ;D

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
I am confuse, when they will change my status to File transfer. I am confuse are the Singapore visa office receive my file. Today i try to call CIC-M, call was ended due to hight volume of calls.
here is my status from ecas.

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status : Application Received

under decision made:

We received your application to sponsor NAME on May 25, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 28, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on June 28, 2011.

No new update until now i received CSQ on 02 August 2011.

Anyone have any idea, please answer