Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That makes sense now, and when I saw both GCMS and CAIPS written on the second one, it kind of occured to me, but I guess the fact that CIC apparently did not just overwrite the 5563B file with a bilingual new version and the 5563E file with an English new version made me think there was something else going on. But then again maybe if I could actually find the CIC page where these links originate from and read that, it would make more sense!

I do like that they finally put the ATIP file number field inconspicuously in the corner there. On the "old" form it was the first field and nobody understood you were apparently supposed to leave it blank.

I would agree now that it's better that spicymum pick the "E" doc (although maybe they are still accepting the older doc). If you read the first page, spicymum, you'll see they wrote "Please note that as of June 2010, all new visa files outside Canada will be processed through the GCMS." *My*
interpretation of that is that you would select GCMS and not CAIPS in "Section B." If you don't already have your visa file number "starts with an F or B," just email the visa office and they typically reply with that plus the UCI (or at least that was my experience with Buffalo.)

Now I have a question for Darque and anyone else interested: Right below the names on the E form, it gives you the choice of Access to Information Act ($5) or Privacy Act (proof of citizenship or permanent residence or proof of presence in Canada). Now wouldn't the fact that my name and return address is in Canada on my envelope be sufficient for that? :p

Darque said:
In effect both forms are the same with the exception that;

IMM5563B is the old January 2009 version
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

and

IMM5563E is the new 2011 version released last February
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

:D

Personally, when I apply for our notes, I'll be filling out and submitting the most up to date 2011 one!

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
ddobro2 said:
Now I have a question for Darque and anyone else interested: Right below the names on the E form, it gives you the choice of Access to Information Act ($5) or Privacy Act (proof of citizenship or permanent residence or proof of presence in Canada). Now wouldn't the fact that my name and return address is in Canada on my envelope be sufficient for that? :p
Anyone can easily write a return address in Canada using your name.... family members knowing your basic details could perhaps apply without your consent I suppose. How can CIC be absolutely sure it's you without submitting proof of one of the three? (which only you should have) ::)

The reason we will be ordering CAIPS once everything is complete is purely for record purposes and curiosity, to read everything they have noted throughout assessing our applications. I'm the sponsor and living in the UK with my husband. We will be using our UK address on the form and include photocopies of our passports through the Privacy Act.

ferrer29

May 11, 2011
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
AOR Received.
Received at CEM 11-07-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Woopsies! :p I just read the copy of the letter that my hubby sent to me and i got a few of the dates mixed up! This is just so that the spreadsheet can be corrected...sorry for the extra work, guys!

Letter dated/ PPR: July 27, 2011
Application for permanent residence received at the embassy: July 25, 2011 (although e-cas says it was on July 11, 2011)
Letter received by hubby : August 4, 2011

@blestcheche: yeyyyy! :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a good point but on the other hand, they ask for someone "currently residing in Canada." I don't think they mean that literally, after all since one is free to leave the country when applying outland, I could show them a bill addressed to me in Canada or me on a co-lease but I could be making the request from the United States. But maybe I'm just splitting hairs here. I will call to make sure about that and also to make sure that my earlier CAIPS request won't complicate things when I do a GCMS request using this new form.
Darque said:
Anyone can easily write a return address in Canada using your name.... family members knowing your basic details could perhaps apply without your consent I suppose. How can CIC be absolutely sure it's you without submitting proof of one of the three? (which only you should have) ::)

The reason we will be ordering CAIPS once everything is complete is purely for record purposes and curiosity, to read everything they have noted throughout assessing our applications. I'm the sponsor and living in the UK with my husband. We will be using our UK address on the form and include photocopies of our passports through the Privacy Act.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
ddobro2 said:
That's a good point but on the other hand, they ask for someone "currently residing in Canada." I don't think they mean that literally, after all since one is free to leave the country when applying outland, I could show them a bill addressed to me in Canada or me on a co-lease but I could be making the request from the United States. But maybe I'm just splitting hairs here. I will call to make sure about that and also to make sure that my earlier CAIPS request won't complicate things when I do a GCMS request using this new form.
If you read carefully it says;
proof of citizenship or permanent residence or proof of presence in Canada :D

To me that means regardless of which country you are applying from, as long as you include a copy of either of the three, the CAIPS should be mailed to the address you put in Section D :p

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
I found this somewhere ( :-\ ) I thought it might be useful on here. I have no idea if this information needs to be updated, though.

Getting your CAIPS is fairly straightforward; you will have to pay $5.00 since you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, who is not residing in Canada.

Follow the instructions below:

1. Have your spouse fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Step by step instructions:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his/her particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. The Canadian Embassy......... etc.)

Then have him/her fill out your own personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

OR, if you have already filled out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF

then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3.

2. You must now fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Step by step instructions:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number).

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)."

You HAVE to pay $5.00, there is no way around this. Do NOT tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay; this will NOT work. You must pay $5.00 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (These choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records." .

Fill out your spouse's information.

Under the next heading, "Request for-Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "The Canadian Embassy ........." under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box.

DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you.
It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your visa office)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

3. Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $5.00

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and a copy of your Canadian ID or a passport copy and send it to the address below:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Public Rights Administration
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Hope this helps!!

EDIT - The area in bold are quite contradictory, right? Do not tick Privacy Act...Choose the language under the Privacy Act section. Make up Ur mind!! :-\ :-\ :-\

lol.
Im getting frustrated...probably call the CIC Call Centre so they can confuse me even further.

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
sthomas said:
I got my passport request dated JULY 27 :)
Wow lots of good news from my fellow may applicants since the last time i logged in. Congrats Ferrer and St. Thomas for PPRs and Dair for being approved. Sorry to those I failed to mention for I have not read the whole thread. Hang on their Spicymum. I had my own low moment too a while back, so you are not alone. Update on my application? Still waiting since we send passport and Appendix A. No word if they are okey that we could not provide them Police Clearance from Libya. Ecas still saying vo recieved our file and medical received. Yep, I saw that some April Manila applicants received DMs. Hope ours are next.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
arian74 said:
Wow lots of good news from my fellow may applicants since the last time i logged in. Congrats Ferrer and St. Thomas for PPRs and Dair for being approved. Sorry to those I failed to mention for I have not read the whole thread. Hang on their Spicymum. I had my own low moment too a while back, so you are not alone. Update on my application? Still waiting since we send passport and Appendix A. No word if they are okey that we could not provide them Police Clearance from Libya. Ecas still saying vo recieved our file and medical received. Yep, I saw that some April Manila applicants received DMs. Hope ours are next.
When did you pass your passport? And when did it show, Medical received? :)

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
sthomas said:
When did you pass your passport? And when did it show, Medical received? :)
PPR is July 12. Hubby sent his passport July 27'th. Not sure when they updated Ecas to Medical received since I dont check regularly but it has been updated before our PPR. Remember I told you your PPR is next. Your letter was probably delayed because it's in the province and your PPR is dated July 27'th. Manila timeline is still on track except some applicants from March and April who has received DMs and there are some from Jan and Feb who has not. I guess after PPR the timeline does not apply anymore.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
arian74 said:
PPR is July 12. Hubby sent his passport July 27'th. Not sure when they updated Ecas to Medical received since I dont check regularly but it has been updated before our PPR. Remember I told you your PPR is next. Your letter was probably delayed because it's in the province and your PPR is dated July 27'th. Manila timeline is still on track except some applicants from March and April who has received DMs and there are some from Jan and Feb who has not. I guess after PPR the timeline does not apply anymore.
Yeap, I remembered that :) Actually girl, if you see previous batches, they lack certain documents like FBI, NBI or divorce certificates. And some did not do their medical before their application. And some just paid RPRF when asked :) So that explains it. Mostly in March cases are straighforward :)

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
sthomas said:
Yeap, I remembered that :) Actually girl, if you see previous batches, they lack certain documents like FBI, NBI or divorce certificates. And some did not do their medical before their application. And some just paid RPRF when asked :) So that explains it. Mostly in March cases are straighforward :)
Yeah, I thought so. I guess after PPR it depends on how fast you reply to their requests esp. additional docs. One girl from April batch told me they were not required Police Clearance from Saudi but after they send one they received a DM right away. Hay, my husband's police clearance is the only thing that I know will give us trouble.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
arian74 said:
Yeah, I thought so. I guess after PPR it depends on how fast you reply to their requests esp. additional docs. One girl from April batch told me they were not required Police Clearance from Saudi but after they send one they received a DM right away. Hay, my husband's police clearance is the only thing that I know will give us trouble.
There is only one girl from April batch that I know, her alias is Miga, are you referring to her? I hope your husband's PC is on its way so that you can just send it to them once you already have it ...

Good thing, they only asked me passport and appendix a form to be filled up ..... Hoping for a speedy process.
In the meantime, will just enjoy while waiting. Time flies so fast ..... :)

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
sthomas said:
There is only one girl from April batch that I know, her alias is Miga, are you referring to her? I hope your husband's PC is on its way so that you can just send it to them once you already have it ...

Good thing, they only asked me passport and appendix a form to be filled up ..... Hoping for a speedy process.
In the meantime, will just enjoy while waiting. Time flies so fast ..... :)
It's crazypink. So that will make it two for April batch. Yep, wait is all we can do for now. Goodluck all!!!

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
arian74 said:
It's crazypink. So that will make it two for April batch. Yep, wait is all we can do for now. Goodluck all!!!
ooppss sorry, she's from March batch.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
arian74 said:
Yeap she is from March batch :) :) Still fast :) Good luck to all !!!!!