Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh you called ;D I didn't have a chance to. This is a good Q&A page but I still say this stuff about Privacy Act vs. Access to Information Act is not straightforward. Hopefully despite using the old form and no proof of residing in Canada (well, they didn't ask for it), they will see that I am making the request for myself and thus no $5 (I'm one of those few cases - I suppose they're fewer - where the application was managed completely by the sponsored person). I totally get your frustration about that. If I were to guess, the consent letter is to cover their butts legally if some spouse who has no idea their sponsor ordered the deets on their application and starts reading things known to CIC but not known to the sponsor. The $5 fee is probably just a way to raise a little bit of revenue for that government agency without, knowing that the fee is more than justifiable considering the request came (in theory) from abroad.
spicymum said:
Amen to that, sthomas!

Dair and ddobro2, just in case U were still wondering, I was able to confirm from the CIC Contact Centre, as well as the website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/faq.asp) that I needed to apply under the Access to Info Act (hence the $5) since I was requesting info on someone else - ie spouse.
BTW I think thats just dumb ...afterall, did we - the sponsor - not send out the application ourselves?!! Have they CIC not been communicating with us about the PR application (do some/most of us not have our addresses on there as point of contact)? What is the need for that stupid consent letter again. :-\

Anyways, not worth my sleep at night...that $5.
And AMEN to that comment ddobro2 about this process already costing us an arm and a leg...so what's $5? lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, 28 years?! Am I right that you win the "together the longest" award on this thread?!! Anyway, I was wondering why there are so few Buffalo people in this month's thread. If you look at March, it's like 1/3 of everybody. And April is very New Delhi. We don't have almost any ND people here and few Buffalo, so glad to see you join us. I'd love to hear your timeline.
janyte said:
Just wanted to join the May group! I've been watching and reading the group from Outland Buffalo and just realized this existed as well. I will go back and read to see where people are in the process. Just trying to move my Canadian educated, US citizen husband up to Ontario. We've been living in the US (Mass) for 28 years and are ready to head home for a few years to try to help out the folks....seems simple.... :D

Good luck to you all!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally, when Mississauga approves your sponsorship application, they forward the PR part to the visa office, not to MICC. You are the one who sends the Quebec sponsorship application along with the letter of approval for federal sponsorship to MICC. So I don't know why it said that in your e-cas. Try emailing Singapore at Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and give them the sponsored person's name and client id and and ask them to confirm they received the file from Mississauga. They'll hopefully respond with some information and not a form paragraph about them being too busy to confirm anything, and they should also reply with your file number (starts with B and/or F).
mirjahan said:
I am confuse, when they will change my status to File transfer. I am confuse are the Singapore visa office receive my file. Today i try to call CIC-M, call was ended due to hight volume of calls.
here is my status from ecas.

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status : Application Received

under decision made:

We received your application to sponsor NAME on May 25, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 28, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on June 28, 2011.

No new update until now i received CSQ on 02 August 2011.

Anyone have any idea, please answer

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Any good news for May 2011 Applicant? :D

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
mirjahan said:
Any good news for May 2011 Applicant? :D
Everyday is good news :) It means one day closer to our Visas ;)

Cheers!

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
ddobro2 said:
Lol, stthomas, I didn't know you were such an eternal optimist ;)
Hahahha, Yeap I am ..... Like if you believe, it happens :)

I was tested though, so when my passport request was 10 days late, I didn't go out in our house ... hahahahhahaha .. So see, how extreme I am ? ;) hahahahahhahahahaha

Positive thoughts = positive outcome :)

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
ddobro2 said:
Normally, when Mississauga approves your sponsorship application, they forward the PR part to the visa office, not to MICC. You are the one who sends the Quebec sponsorship application along with the letter of approval for federal sponsorship to MICC. So I don't know why it said that in your e-cas. Try emailing Singapore at Singapore-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca and give them the sponsored person's name and client id and and ask them to confirm they received the file from Mississauga. They'll hopefully respond with some information and not a form paragraph about them being too busy to confirm anything, and they should also reply with your file number (starts with B and/or F).
I send a mail to Singapore Visa office. They reply me back within 6 hours was so fast reply from them.
here is their answer
"Spore office received your CSQ. File is now in queue awaiting review by officer. Please wait to receive further instructions, if any, from this office."
On title added "F0000*****"

Is this a bad sign for queue waitting review by officer ??
Thanks

And what is the diffrent start with B or F?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it a good sign it's in queue? I mean, if you're in the May batch and at Singapore, which has a pretty long official processing time, it's not unusual. They will eventually get to your file. About the B vs. F file numbers. I've read discussion about this in various threads. Some people speculate that one is electronic and the other is paper, or that they are assigned randomly, or that one was used with the old system and another was introduced. I'm not even sure it's for all VOs. I don't think it's absolutely clear which is the case, but you don't need to worry about it. Use that file number to communicate with Singapore in the future and you also might want to try logging into e-cas with it.
mirjahan said:
I send a mail to Singapore Visa office. They reply me back within 6 hours was so fast reply from them.
here is their answer
"Spore office received your CSQ. File is now in queue awaiting review by officer. Please wait to receive further instructions, if any, from this office."
On title added "F0000*****"

Is this a bad sign for queue waitting review by officer ??
Thanks

And what is the diffrent start with B or F?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybies, I think we dodged a bullet by filing when we did. The June batch is consistently reporting waits of up to two months and no sponsorship approval yet (only a few people have just started getting them now!).

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Maybies, I think we dodged a bullet by filing when we did. The June batch is consistently reporting waits of up to two months and no sponsorship approval yet (only a few people have just started getting them now!).
I think I would die if I had to wait that long!
U know, the waiting times seemed to be getting worse from before June. I say that cos I was peeking in the April thread every now and then and I think they had shorter waiting times for their first stage approval. A friend of mine who applied earlier in 2011 got first stage approval in a little over 2 weeks!! I wonder what is going on there? :-\

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybie it's a shortage of CIC employees who AREN'T on vacation right now and/or an increase in applications?
spicymum said:
I think I would die if I had to wait that long!
U know, the waiting times seemed to be getting worse from before June. I say that cos I was peeking in the April thread every now and then and I think they had shorter waiting times for their first stage approval. A friend of mine who applied earlier in 2011 got first stage approval in a little over 2 weeks!! I wonder what is going on there? :-\

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
ddobro2 said:
Is it a good sign it's in queue? I mean, if you're in the May batch and at Singapore, which has a pretty long official processing time, it's not unusual. They will eventually get to your file. About the B vs. F file numbers. I've read discussion about this in various threads. Some people speculate that one is electronic and the other is paper, or that they are assigned randomly, or that one was used with the old system and another was introduced. I'm not even sure it's for all VOs. I don't think it's absolutely clear which is the case, but you don't need to worry about it. Use that file number to communicate with Singapore in the future and you also might want to try logging into e-cas with it.
Thanks for reply, now is waitting period is start. And with my B file number i was able to log on CIC online stats under my wife name. It showed We received Wife Name application for permanent residence on July 11, 2011 and nothing else

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Maybie it's a shortage of CIC employees who AREN'T on vacation right now and/or an increase in applications?
That makes total sense! Someone remind me to stay away from any CIC or government-related applications during or around the Summer.
lol.
Now I am just bored. :p

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
***Random Comment***

I just finished "speaking" with a lady who was totally bawling about not being able to reset her account password. Its like the simplest automated telephone-banking process you ever came across and she was so upset I almost joined her in tears!!
Talk about the simple things in life, eh? Makes U forget Ur own problems. :-[

Like I said, I am just bored so I do apologize for the "non-CICness" of this post. ;)