May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Spicymum,

I think the silver lining in this news is that at least you know how much longer it'll be. That's because from what I read, plenty of people have gotten PPRs right after they finished their interview (meaning the visa officer made the decision on the spot). I sincerely hope that's what happens with your husband. And the good thing about it being two months away is now you can order CAIPS notes to figure out what exactly they were not convinced by in your application, and he can start preparing.

Good luck.
spicymum said:
Thanks theachrissy. Very much appreciated!! :) :)

So I have great news and not so great news!
I literally caught the email from Accra coming into my inbox. They are requesting an interview for my husband!!

Now, its great news to hear from them seeing I was slowly loosing my mind. But y are they requesting an interview after all the proof of relationship that we had sent!!!!??? Ggrrrrr.

And the interview date is October 11th. I was desperately hoping that we would have been done with this process by then!

Well, at least I have a date in mind, much better than not knowing.
Fingers crossed for this stage.
:)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
ddobro2 said:
Ha - you see how fast it came? Congratulations!! ;D
Yes but PPR in Manila does not mean visa yet. But if everything turns out ok, you usually get visa within a month or two after passport request . So hoping for a speedy process. Fingers and toes crossed :p :p :p :p

@spicymum:

Well, your interview is just a few months away, time flies so fast :) Good luck to all of us . Maybe interview in Accra is common?

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Hey Spicymum,

I think the silver lining in this news is that at least you know how much longer it'll be. That's because from what I read, plenty of people have gotten PPRs right after they finished their interview (meaning the visa officer made the decision on the spot). I sincerely hope that's what happens with your husband. And the good thing about it being two months away is now you can order CAIPS notes to figure out what exactly they were not convinced by in your application, and he can start preparing.

Good luck.
Thanks ddobro2.
Any idea where and how to order these CAIPS notes, please?

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
sthomas said:
@ spicymum:

Well, your interview is just a few months away, time flies so fast :) Good luck to all of us . Maybe interview in Accra is common?
That is true about time. We will try and get the CAIPS notes or whatever it is called. I am super curious to see what they need clarifications on.

Well, I am grateful for some news at all! Its been a little over 2 months, I know we are not quite done yet but it still will be a far way from the 22 months timeline stated on the CIC website.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Baloo said:
Thanks ddobro2. I have some questions, please.

1. I am reading through the links and I dont see anywhere to obtain the CAIPS notes for free under the Privacy Act since I am physically in Canada. I see a whole lot on ordering them under the Access to Information Act though (for designated parties).

2. I believe I should be looking at that Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563). Anyone know for sure, please?

3. If yes, which of the addresses on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-address.asp will i be sending this to, please?

4. Must this CAIPS notes request be sent by mail; is there an online option just to make this faster? If sent by regular Canada post (say from Calgary to Ontario), will I get these notes by or before October, please?

5. What would be the quickest/best meduim for a response. I would think email but it says "E-mail (smaller files only)"

6. Will I be needing written consent from my husband for them to release these notes, seeing as it was his permanent residence application and him being called for the interview?

I apologize for the avalanche of questions, I have not slept in over 48 hours and my brain might be going to sleep or something. :-\

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Thanks Baloo. Beat me to it. :p
Oo ooh. U know I just assumed it was you ddobro2 that posted that link initially.

Thanks Baloo! :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
So I did find out that Rabat VO is still running during Ramadan :D That is good news and bad news LOL

Good news that they are still up and running.... bad news that we might get a cranky VO ::)

But rjessome did tell me that in the summer visa offices do a lot of shuffling of staff and is usually the cause of the slow down during summer months. So once the dust settles things should get moving along again.

Glad to hear you got an interview date so quickly spicymum...could be a good thing...maybe it means that the proof you sent is good and they are just moving you guys along quicker. Seems quite early considering a 22 month estimate. I do agree that you get the CAIPS notes and find out what info they want from you.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1-3. The difference on the Privacy Act vs. Access to Information Act, I'm not crystal clear on, but the CIC website seems to suggest that the former is for requests for personal information belonging to the requester and the latter for requests for personal information not belonging to the requester. Thus, you would pertain to Access to Information Act. I think I actually may have messed up on this part because all I did (I am in Canada at the moment and am the applicant) was fill out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf, and not enclose any payment or any other correspondence. Maybe I will get my letter returned to me with no CAIPS notes, maybe not. There's also another (similar but not identical) form I've discovered at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf. I really can't say which one would be used in which circumstance. In true CIC fashion, one paragraph on the form that I did use has a truly confusing wording: "Requests under the Access to Information or Privacy Acts can only be made by Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or a person present in Canada, therefore if your client is not one of the above, your request must be made under the Access to Information Act. Also, your first request must include proof (i.e. copy of Canadian passport) that the requester (yourself) is one of the above if you are making the request from outside Canada." If you can decipher this gem of government hieroglyphics, I'd love to know the meaning.

4. There are websites that will do it for you but they'll charge around $30-40 for it.

5. Just in case, I would sign this and have him fill out and sign this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf.

Best bet might be to call the number on that second unilingual form I linked to and ask them explain this stuff. I'd love to hear your report back on it if you do.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
In effect both forms are the same with the exception that;

IMM5563B is the old January 2009 version
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

and

IMM5563E is the new 2011 version released last February
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

:D

Personally, when I apply for our notes, I'll be filling out and submitting the most up to date 2011 one!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
1-3. The difference on the Privacy Act vs. Access to Information Act, I'm not crystal clear on, but the CIC website seems to suggest that the former is for requests for personal information belonging to the requester and the latter for requests for personal information not belonging to the requester. Thus, you would pertain to Access to Information Act. I think I actually may have messed up on this part because all I did (I am in Canada at the moment and am the applicant) was fill out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf, and not enclose any payment or any other correspondence. Maybe I will get my letter returned to me with no CAIPS notes, maybe not. There's also another (similar but not identical) form I've discovered at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf. I really can't say which one would be used in which circumstance. In true CIC fashion, one paragraph on the form that I did use has a truly confusing wording: "Requests under the Access to Information or Privacy Acts can only be made by Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or a person present in Canada, therefore if your client is not one of the above, your request must be made under the Access to Information Act. Also, your first request must include proof (i.e. copy of Canadian passport) that the requester (yourself) is one of the above if you are making the request from outside Canada." If you can decipher this gem of government hieroglyphics, I'd love to know the meaning.

4. There are websites that will do it for you but they'll charge around $30-40 for it.

5. Just in case, I would sign this and have him fill out and sign this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf.

Best bet might be to call the number on that second unilingual form I linked to and ask them explain this stuff. I'd love to hear your report back on it if you do.
Thanks ddobro2 and Darque.
I cant process this right now, will try and get some sleep first.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
blestcheche said:
my ecas is now showing the medical results have been received...
Super yaaay ..... :)