+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2011

stella0

Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
file transfer june 10 but still haven't got aor..its been a month now..

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
@chrischris

Yaay, that is good news :)

Yeap, I hope Dair and Bristish Bulldog will give us some good news soon.

Enjoy your Canada stay and the golden sunset. :)

@stella0

from which office?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the update, chrischris. I'm glad you included the news about the medical, because I didn't know whether that would come in the form of an e-cas update or what (haven't gotten it yet). Has anyone else gotten an e-cas update for "medical results received"?

And yeah, I'm also bummed about British Bulldog and Dair. I hope this week has something in store for them. :-\

chrischris said:
Evening all - and it really is a beautiful evening here in Vancouver with a golden sunset! Just checked my emails for the first time since leaving the UK on thursday and had an ecas update saying "medical results received". I logged in to ecas just now and it said that the London VO received my application on July 5th, which is fully two weeks after sponsor approval. That's disappointingly slow, but overall I am happy that they've got it and that they've managed to marry it up with the medical. I can relax that it's not lost in the post.

I've had a great time here with my wife's family and I'm still hungover from the wedding yesterday :-\ I'm getting seriously excited about the prospect of moving back permanently. My brother in law has promised to take me out hunting if my visa comes through before the end of the season!

Going to get my fingerprints/rcmp stuff done at the commissionaires' office tomorrow, so combined with the ecas update I really feel like we're making progress now. But I'm disappointed for Dair and British Bulldog who are both still playing the waiting game - the delay in both cases really is inexplicable.

Chris

ps. at the Canadian border there were no questions when I arrived - they didn't seem to have any info that I had an immigration application and I did not volunteer the information, so it was stampy-stampy and through as usual. I had a letter with me from my employer though just in case, saying that I was on leave and expected back at work next week!

Desert Rose

Apr 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's weird how some people are getting e-mail updates. On the packet I submitted my e-mail to them and yet I've still yet to see a single thing come to my inbox (presumably should be faster this way) and already received the AOR via CP (issued 5 days ago).

So now that eCAS shows decision made and we received AOR, will it update us on what's going on regarding the transfer to Buffalo and my hubby's applicant status?

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
ddobro2 said:
Has anyone else gotten an e-cas update for "medical results received"?
Yes, we got an e-cas update on June 17 saying medical results were received.

We also got an email from London on July 8 saying they were still waiting for a copy of my husbands's CSQ before they can continue processing his PR application and asked that we send them a copy as soon as we get it.

Hurry up MICC! damn snail mail! ::)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Darque said:

We also got an email from London on July 8 saying they were still waiting for a copy of my husbands's CSQ before they can continue processing his PR application and asked that we send them a copy as soon as we get it.

Yaay, that is cool, Darque!!!!! Quebec has more requirements, right?

Yeap, snail mail hurry up!!!!! I am waiting for my AOR & PPR. That is how it goes here in our country. After a month of Sponsorship approval, you get a passport request. Mostly, do not get ecas updates, so I am not really worried about it. I just have a feeling my snail mail is on its' way!!!!!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Hey, anyone heard any update from Dair or British_Bulldog?

BTW, I have no update on our PR application, it will be 2 weeks 2mrw and no word. Way to go, Accra. :'(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're saying both your sponsorship approval and AOR (did the text of the letter include "Acknowledgement of Receipt"?) came as postal mail? Hey, congrats because that's all fine although I did think sponsorship approvals normally came electronically (and that it would especially be the case from nearby Buffalo.) As far as AOR, I've never heard of it being electronic and I've heard of Buffalo being inconsistent about whether it mails it out or not in the first place, but glad you were one of the lucky ones.

I'm a little confused when you say your e-CAS shows decision made. I'm pretty sure that a "decision made" is on behalf of the VO (Buffalo), and so it obviously means the rest of the application has already been transferred to Buffalo (since transfer to Buffalo must predate Buffalo making a decision).
??? Hopefully, I haven't misunderstood your explanation....

Desert Rose said:
It's weird how some people are getting e-mail updates. On the packet I submitted my e-mail to them and yet I've still yet to see a single thing come to my inbox (presumably should be faster this way) and already received the AOR via CP (issued 5 days ago).

So now that eCAS shows decision made and we received AOR, will it update us on what's going on regarding the transfer to Buffalo and my hubby's applicant status?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Darque. London said that it needs a copy of the CSQ from you?? In my case, I was told that the Ministère itself sends the copy of the CSQ to the visa office at the same time they send the CSQ to you. It sounds from your post that the VO wants YOU to send it to them.....odd.
Darque said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not me. As you probably saw, Thursday was the last time both posted. I'm glad Dair is taking a break though - it seemed to making it harder, not easier for her to deal with the wait because it was a constant reminder. I hope all three of you catch a break this week!
spicymum said:
Hey, anyone heard any update from Dair or British_Bulldog?

BTW, I have no update on our PR application, it will be 2 weeks 2mrw and no word. Way to go, Accra. :'(

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
ddobro2 said:
Hi Darque. London said that it needs a copy of the CSQ from you?? In my case, I was told that the Ministère itself sends the copy of the CSQ to the visa office at the same time they send the CSQ to you. It sounds from your post that the VO wants YOU to send it to them.....odd.
I typed that post in a rush!

MICC does send a copy of the CSQ to the VO but London were just letting us know that they haven't received it yet and that if we had received it, to send them a copy. This is what the email said:

As you are destined to the province of Quebec, we cannot commence processing your application until we receive Quebec Immigration Approval (CSQ/Engagement) We usually receive our visa office copy of the approval from the Quebec Government MICC. To date on your application, we have not received Quebec Immigration Approval, if you have received, the CSQ/Engagement, please forward us a copy of these documents.

MICC received our application on June 21 so we're expecting my husband's CSQ in the post any time soon.

I'll probably scan it in and send London an extra copy just in case as it's all they are waiting for! ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, OK! That's what I assumed, but just wanted to make sure! Thanks.
Darque said:
I typed that post in a rush!

MICC does send a copy of the CSQ to the VO but London were just letting us know that they haven't received it yet and that if we had received it, to send them a copy. This is what the email said:

As you are destined to the province of Quebec, we cannot commence processing your application until we receive Quebec Immigration Approval (CSQ/Engagement) We usually receive our visa office copy of the approval from the Quebec Government MICC. To date on your application, we have not received Quebec Immigration Approval, if you have received, the CSQ/Engagement, please forward us a copy of these documents.

MICC received our application on June 21 so we're expecting my husband's CSQ in the post any time soon.

I'll probably scan it in and send London an extra copy just in case as it's all they are waiting for! ::)

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
I just got my whole application back in the post. :mad:

I had somehow missed 5 pages of IMM5490. I don't know how I did that, I remember filling them in, but they aren't in my own copy so I must have lost them somewhere.

I am so gutted. I don't know if I have to wait the full 40 days again, I'm trying to put my application back together and double check it again (filling in Not Applicable everywhere after what happened to poor Dair).

All the papers our out of order now. This is such a nightmare.

My study permit runs out at the end of August, I don't know if I should try to renew or just apply for a visitor visa. I am still enrolled at college, but I took the last two terms off because I wanted to wait until I had PR as the fees are much cheaper. I am not sure if they will let me renew now because of the long break.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ughhhhh! I really feel for you. Did you not even get your sponsorship approval yet? I think as dissappointing as this is, you need to focus on making sure absolutely everything is accounted for (triple check it, look at all the page x of x text, and of course the checklist) this time, and feeling stressed out or worried will just ruin your concentration so maybe take a few days to grieve if you need to. As far as the study permit is concerned, you and I are kind of in the same boat but my study permit is not set to expire for a while. I don't know that much about study permit renewals, but I believe that you need to send the request within 30 days of the original permit expiring. Fortunately, I believe you can do this online instead of sending to Vegreville; just upload all passport page, transcripts, etc. and you will save considerable time. I think you should probably also mention that you are renewing a study permit when you resend the PR.....maybe call the call center or ask on another board to get advice on that?

Eswiz said:

I had somehow missed 5 pages of IMM5490. I don't know how I did that, I remember filling them in, but they aren't in my own copy so I must have lost them somewhere.

I am so gutted. I don't know if I have to wait the full 40 days again, I'm trying to put my application back together and double check it again (filling in Not Applicable everywhere after what happened to poor Dair).

My study permit runs out at the end of August, I don't know if I should try to renew or just apply for a visitor visa. I am still enrolled at college, but I took the last two terms off because I wanted to wait until I had PR as the fees are much cheaper. I am not sure if they will let me renew now because of the long break.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Eswiz said:

I cannot understand how you filed an application to sponsor someone and you are not a PR???

do you think they lost your papers??