Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Yeap on it's way to Buffalo or already in Buffalo. It will take for awhile for Ecas to update that your Visa office already have your application. :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMAO spicymum ;D :D ;) More addicting than FB is scary indeed....

Regarding e-CAS tracker, check out the post I made to mirjahan about it: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2011-t70809.0.html;msg858951#msg858951. This is where to find the actual tool: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/. I would imagine you'd select "No, I can't access e-CAS yet." Then do the steps I talked about. It's easy and as long as you put in every possible thing associated with your case and you put it in correctly, you WILL get an email from them eventually saying they have made contact (lol, "we have made contact".....cue alien movie music.)

Good luck.

spicymum said:
That is, true! It is addicting; I spend more time on here that I do on Facebook! And there are no pictures on here! :eek: lol. I wonder if I will keep coming back even after this process; I know that quite a few people do.

Im afraid I dont know how to sign up for ecas tracker; im fact I only just heard of it. That will save me like the 20 hours that it seems I now spend checking for an update. :-[ Can U tell me how or where to do this, pls?(a link, maybe)

Thanks ddobro2.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats geekneeo. I just wanted to clarify for my own understanding....you mailed out your application May 11 and it was officially received only on June 29? Did you use Canada Post or a courier, and if you used CP did you track it?

It sounds like you haven't heard from CIC in Mississaugua by email or post yet, and the e-CAS update is the only contact, as indirect as it may be, from them so far. I noticed you added a date for AOR on your info in the left-hand column.......but am confused how you could have obtained it.....thanks in advance for clarifying that.

geekneeo said:
Yeah!!! Ecas says our application was received on 29 June!!!! ....now what??? more waiting I suppose.

I havent received any emails or letters saying they received our application. The only confirmation of that is ecas.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
ddobro2 said:
Congrats geekneeo. I just wanted to clarify for my own understanding....you mailed out your application May 11 and it was officially received only on June 29? Did you use Canada Post or a courier, and if you used CP did you track it?
Looking at the spreadsheet, Geekneeo filed his/her application May 13, got sponsor approval June 14 and the application has now been received at VO on June 29.

Now he/she has to wait like everyone else for PPR 8)

stella0

Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sthomas said:
@ chrischris

Yaay, that is good news :)

Yeap, I hope Dair and Bristish Bulldog will give us some good news soon.

Enjoy your Canada stay and the golden sunset. :)

@ stella0

from which office?

it's been send to the beijing office. but i actually did not recieve anything yet not even the sponsorship approval letter. i knew it has been forwarded because i checked on ecas.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
LMAO spicymum ;D :D ;) More addicting than FB is scary indeed....

Regarding e-CAS tracker, check out the post I made to mirjahan about it: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2011-t70809.0.html;msg858951#msg858951. This is where to find the actual tool: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/. I would imagine you'd select "No, I can't access e-CAS yet." Then do the steps I talked about. It's easy and as long as you put in every possible thing associated with your case and you put it in correctly, you WILL get an email from them eventually saying they have made contact (lol, "we have made contact".....cue alien movie music.)

Good luck.

:-[ :D ;D
Yep! Thats pretty much what this nerve-racking process has turned me into. Lol.
And thinking/knowing that you have a strong application does not soothe the nerves. Not for me, at least. And I used to live on FB prior to this. Lol

Will check out that link and hopefully set up that tracker. Thanks for the info, ddobro2.

BTW, I just checked ecas now and nothing. :'(

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Sent my package back again today. Hopefully it will be there by tomorrow and I won't have to wait the whole 40 days again. :(

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
hope they process it fast for you eswiz!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was fast! I bet it'll find it's way back to where it was in the queue. Best of luck!

Eswiz said:
Sent my package back again today. Hopefully it will be there by tomorrow and I won't have to wait the whole 40 days again. :(

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Eswiz said:
Lots and lots of luck, Eswiz. I hope Ur application can get bumped to the front, somehow. I have read somewhere on this forum that it can be done.

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Thanks everyone. Now I'm back to freaking out about other possible problems with my application. It looked to me when I got it back that the Visa Officer had just gone through until they found a problem then sent the whole thing back. I don't think they checked beyond that.

My application fits inside a large envelope, so now I am thinking it is too small, but I sent (or at least I think I sent lol!) everything on the checklist.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm recognizing the text you included as the text for the sponsorship approval (from CIC's case processing center in Mississaugua.) And yeah, it then goes to Buffalo and it's on its way if it's not there already.

The thing about "Decision Made" is weird though because that usually refers to PR and not sponsorship and usually comes a while later (after e-CAS shows "In Process" and "Approval in Principal," along with medical results being received, and before the famous and coveted PPR). So I am still confused about that, but whatever, because as we all know (or at least are starting to recognize), there is not much consistency when it comes to CIC and this process in general.

Best of luck :D

Desert Rose said:
It might have been my explanation and confusion surrounding acronym's.

This is from ecas:
Sponsored Person | Sponsorship Application Status | Permanent Residence Application Status
(husband's name) | Decision Made | Not Available

I click on hubby's name and I see:

We received your application to sponsor (husband) on May 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 5, 2011.

We sent you a letter on July 5, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter which through Canada Post we received before e-mail (in fact we've never received an e-mail of anything yet), the first thing we've got from the government (Case Processing Centre/CPC in Mississauga) says this:

"This letter refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (husband).

We are pleased to advise that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly the undertaking and Application for Permanent Residence have been forwarded to the Visa Office in BUFFALO for further processing. It has been noted that you would like the application processed at the Detroit office."

Tells me several paragraphs about my responsibilities as a sponsor, and goes on later to tell me:

"This letter confirms receipt of the processing fee."

So I presume that our app is just awaiting transfer to Buffalo?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I guess this means there is a "Decision Made" re: sponsorship as well as the one for the rest of the process. I just don't remember seeing that when I was in e-CAS. But I'll check.......

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes that is exactly what it means. My ecas shows decision made also, but it refers to the sponsorship approval. Maybe it's the new way they are doing it.