File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
I know it is not much consolation but I do agree with Spicymum...if you were rejected I think you would have heard already. Or if anything were missing you would have heard also because that is the very first thing they do to check and make sure it is all there. If it is not they just won't proceed any further.

Hang in there and I hope you hear something this week. Most of us are here to support each other (incredibly I was actually treated like a child in another thread and basically accused of not reading over the instructions well enough before sending it in) hahahaha I laughed long and hard at that one.
(Same person that told me that my husbands family would not accept my daughter because she was born out of wed lock....hahaha)

Yea there are some doozies out here...but I am sending prayers to every one here that we all get through this with some semblance of sanity left.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
ddobro2 said:
I doubt it is the sponsor's name and info and not the applicant's that is the login for e-cas. It certainly wasn't the case for me - I logged in with my (as the applicant) first and last name, country of birth, date of birth and client ID which I got from the study permit they stapled inside my U.S. passport. The best thing to do is to go to put in all possible login answers in https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/ and the tracker will keep trying to get into e-CAS on your behalf and then tell you when it succeeds and with which information.
Hi :) blestcheche and I are able to access our ecas using our husbands id ... that is within 48 hours after we received our sponsorship's approvals. We used his client id :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
spicymum said:
I know what U mean!!
Yup, it's pretty hard to "adjust to married life" when you live 6400km apart. I don't know about others but I have lived alone for the majority of 20 years (10 with my daughter but alone in the sense of relationship). Somtimes I wonder if this whole love thing is really worth it all.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey thanks for your reply. Yeah, that's what I learned later last night. This has to be the only explanation as to what happened to it, then. I'm not going to do a new application and hand deliver it to their offices in Montreal just for the original application to turn up the next day - that's not worth my time, I told my husband. He was kinda obsessed with pointing out how it was my fault that I left the well-stamped letter on the counter in front of the clerk at the Pharmaprix and did not stand there monitoring whether or not she picked it up and what she did with it. :mad: ::)
dakonej said:
No. Rolling strikes started around <a href="http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/01/canada-post.html">June 1st</a> with several cities being affected. Sorry to tell you that probably your application got stuck in the mail. However there is apparently an end to the strike tomorrow Tuesday.

Good luck!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well at least they recognized that that long of a wait was unusual and that you would have heard by now if the sponsorship part was incomplete (like what happened with Dair although she really only had one thing missing) or you were ineligible to sponsor for some reason.

Like others have said, I really can't imagine waiting 42 days and then another 30 on top of that just so I could be at the point they decided would be sufficient wait to complain again. It sounds like what you've pinpointed could be the reason indeed - I too think it's pretty rare that two people sponsored live in different countries. Did you ask them about that and did they provide any insight? I guess the mail thing doesn't come into play because they don't use mail on their end at that stage, including to notify you. You did include your email on the form, right?

Well, let's hope things change soon....

"
British_Bulldog said:
Hi ddobro2, my latest update is this; we still haven't heard. However, I phoned the call centre again today and was told that the fact we haven't heard yet is very unusual (it's now been 42 days, the sites allocated time). They sent a message to Mississauga when I phoned last Thursday and Mississauga have 30 days to respond, if they don't, the call centre can take action (by take action, I don't know what they mean). I was reassured that if I was ineligable to sponsor, or our application was incomplete, we would definitely have heard by now. So that's put my mind at rest a little bit. It wasn't until I really thought about it this afternoon that I think I may have identified why it's taking so long. My common law partner (clp) and dependant child, both of whom I'm sponsoring, are residing in different countries to one another. My daughter is here in Canada with me and her father, my clp, is in England. In most cases the sponsored person(s) are in the same country as the sponsor or another country but together. I'm thinking this is what's slowing it down. But then that should mean that once London receive our application, it should be plain sailing.
What is everyone else's thoughts on this? Does that reason sound feasible?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry but I think that lawyer sucks. Anyway, you are so cute how you talk about your husband. See, I think you're beginning to see the silver lining around this very large cloud (there has to be one, right?) and that is, that even though being separated sucks, this could be the time you need to make any preparations necessary for when you are actually in each other's face 24/7, to paraphrase how you put it. It's like easing into it slowly instead of too fast. I think the camera thing would definetely help that, but has he not talked to your daughter via camera yet?

dair2dv8103100 said:
Yup...a lawyer AND another friend went through it!!! :mad:

I am over it though, really what is another month or week. I signed up for an online relationship so I have to accept an online marriage.

My biggest concern is if we actually get through this and he actually gets here...I am not sure what the heck we are gonna do with each other... lol ... We are not used to anyone in our space and he has to build a face to face relationship with my daughter. I am used to doing what I want when I want. Even being married is not really "being married" when you talk and watch each other on a cam for an hour and half a day. Already going on 3 years like this. I believe in God and I believe that He brings us through things....but I wonder how much of this was really His fate sometimes or was it just something we wanted and went ahead with without really paying attention to what God was telling us.

On the other hand every time I talk to him I feel at home. He is not just a good man... he is the best man. I know he loves me more than anything. He accepts me flaws and all and he has a beautiful spirit. So really what more could I ask for....oh wait.... that he is actually WITH me!! lol

Oh the things I ponder with 3 hours sleep and a sugar rush...LOL

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spicymum, British Bulldog's case isn't exactly like that though, otherwise of course it would be quite similar. She (I think it's a she ???) has a husband and his child and the husband and child live in two different countries from one another, in addition to British Bulldog living in a third country. That's how I believe BB put it. So it would be like Dair sponsoring her husband in Morocco but also his child that lived in Spain or something.
spicymum said:
I dont think so. A lot of pple on this forum are separated from their partners/spouses, ie different countries. Examples are myself, dair2dv8103100 and many others. That is why U read about the anxiety and frustration that comes with the waiting aspect of these immigration processes.

Having said that, I have to add that my "not-so-limited" experience with CIC is that if they wanted to deny or return an application, they usually did so fairly quickly. So a delay is not necessarily a bad thing. Hang in there! Wont be long now, hopefully.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, hmn, interesting. I log in under the applicant's info and not the sponsor's so I figured that was universal.
sthomas said:
Hi :) blestcheche and I are able to access our ecas using our husbands id ... that is within 48 hours after we received our sponsorship's approvals. We used his client id :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Sorry but I think that lawyer sucks. Anyway, you are so cute how you talk about your husband. See, I think you're beginning to see the silver lining around this very large cloud (there has to be one, right?) and that is, that even though being separated sucks, this could be the time you need to make any preparations necessary for when you are actually in each other's face 24/7, to paraphrase how you put it. It's like easing into it slowly instead of too fast. I think the camera thing would definetely help that, but has he not talked to your daughter via camera yet?
You are right...and the lawyer was shocked and embarrased and all fees waived. ;D

Yes, I am trying to prep myself as much as possible. We have talked on cam since 2008 via msn, yahoo, skype.

Yes, my daughter has talked with him frequently on cam and on the phone. Although she likes to pretend she can't understand him sometimes hahaha. But give her the opportunity to teach him something and she is allll over that. :p So we have officially given her the task of teacher. She must come up with the lessons and she even told me that when she is teaching I am only allowed a 5 min visit with the pupil during "school" time LMAO

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
ddobro2 said:
Hey thanks for your reply. Yeah, that's what I learned later last night. This has to be the only explanation as to what happened to it, then. I'm not going to do a new application and hand deliver it to their offices in Montreal just for the original application to turn up the next day
Sorry to hear about your CSQ application. I hope everything turns out okay for you

Unfortunately, even if you did complete a new one, you cannot hand deliver it anymore. They made some changes earlier this month and have a new updated Checklist:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/checklist.pdf

Please note that since June 7, 2011, you may only send your application by mail to the Direction du courrier et de l’encaissement (see next page for the address). It is no longer possible for you to come to our offices to pay your application processing fee.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
I'm a bit surprised we've not had any new sponsor approvals since Tuesday last week. Come on CPC-M !

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Darque! Thanks for your wishes. I have faith that it's been laying at a sorting facility the last three weeks and today they started doing something to it finally. Thanks for the tip about not being able to deliver it anyway. That checklist looks so different from the one that I used (and enclosed in my application). I guess they updated it since.

Darque said:
Sorry to hear about your CSQ application. I hope everything turns out okay for you

Unfortunately, even if you did complete a new one, you cannot hand deliver it anymore. They made some changes earlier this month and have a new updated Checklist:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/checklist.pdf

Please note that since June 7, 2011, you may only send your application by mail to the Direction du courrier et de l'encaissement (see next page for the address). It is no longer possible for you to come to our offices to pay your application processing fee.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Spicymum, British Bulldog's case isn't exactly like that though, otherwise of course it would be quite similar. She (I think it's a she ???) has a husband and his child and the husband and child live in two different countries from one another, in addition to British Bulldog living in a third country. That's how I believe BB put it. So it would be like Dair sponsoring her husband in Morocco but also his child that lived in Spain or something.
Oh shoot! 3 countries, eh? My bad.
Still, fingers crossed U should get good news shortly.

:)

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Hang in there and I hope you hear something this week. Most of us are here to support each other (incredibly I was actually treated like a child in another thread and basically accused of not reading over the instructions well enough before sending it in) hahahaha I laughed long and hard at that one.
(Same person that told me that my husbands family would not accept my daughter because she was born out of wed lock....hahaha)

Yea there are some doozies out here...
LMAO!! ;D

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Yup, it's pretty hard to "adjust to married life" when you live 6400km apart. I don't know about others but I have lived alone for the majority of 20 years (10 with my daughter but alone in the sense of relationship). Somtimes I wonder if this whole love thing is really worth it all.
U know what Dair2dv8103100? At least U spend time with Ur husband with chats and video messaging etc. I dont. I would love to but we cant seem to find the time. He has been one of the few constants in my life for a long time; have known him for most of my adult life, (high school sweethearts, dated and were together for over 8 years BEFORE marriage, lived in the same city for some of those years, etc) so I am not sure if I feel super-cheated out on not being able to "get to know" each other due to separation. Somewhere in the deepest darkest part of my mind, I like being on my own, having my space, making ALL my decisions totally ON MY OWN including those affecting our daughter. I am terrified about having to change all that; I wish that I can have my husband and still have that all. Wishful thinking! I knowwww, I am a terrible person. :-X lol ;D

My sisters think I just play "tough", as a way of dealing with all the absence and responsibilites. I cant tell if they are right; maybe. I know for sure that I hate to feel weak or dependent on anyone, so maybe that explains the need to be in total control at all times. I dont know. I just try to keep moving at all times, so no time to stop and sulk about my husband being away. :-\

I dont like to talk about this with anyone; I find it hard to even admit it to myself. (Right now, I am thinking "yeah right! and U go and post it on a public forum!!!" lol).
Well, I just wanted to let U know how lucky U r. And U r probably closer to normal than myself. lol. ;D