11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
Sponsor Questionnaire... Question 15

I answered a and c but neglected to put Not Applicable in b
Phew! I did fill in 'NOT APPLICABLE' for that question.
This is really nerve-wrecking, this process.

Thanks dair2dv8103100. Take it easy, and its damn good that ur application will not start from the bottom of the queue when U return it.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Ok, I cant take this waiting anymore. I cant seem to think of anything else...this stage seems to come with a lot more anxiety that the first weeks I submitted our application.

I dont like this waiting at all. Keeping super-busy is not working anymore!! Arrghh! :'( :'( :'(

Patience is not one of my virtues, unfortunately.

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
Hiya folks,

Does applying for a comman law partner AND a dependant child slow things down a little bit? I see all these people getting approval (and thats fantastic!) but they all have one thing in common; no dependant children in the application. Could this be what's slowing our application down; the fact I'm sponsoring my clp and our dependant child (she's almost 3)?

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
British_Bulldog said:
Hiya folks,

Does applying for a comman law partner AND a dependant child slow things down a little bit? I see all these people getting approval (and thats fantastic!) but they all have one thing in common; no dependant children in the application. Could this be what's slowing our application down; the fact I'm sponsoring my clp and our dependant child (she's almost 3)?
it takes a bit longer if you have a dependent child but do not worry about it as It will always be within the processing time. If you are still within the processing time then there is nothing to be worried about. :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmn, British Bulldog....any update on your situation. The fact that he said they haven't "reached a decision" after 40 days makes it sound fishy and odd. Anything about the sponsor they would object to? Would it be too early to order CAIPS at this stage?
British_Bulldog said:
Congratulations to all who have heard! :)

Unfortunately I'm still waiting :( I phoned the CIC call centre to find out what's happened to our application and I was put on hold while the gentleman on the other line had a look in my file. He came back on and said that they have received it, but haven't reached a decision and that if I haven't heard in the next 30 days, to call them back. The last 40 days have killed me waiting to hear, I don't think I can go another 30 without knowing. I'm so worried, because people who applications arrived AFTER mine have had sponsorship approval. I'm so worried, I just want to hear. I can't even focus at work that's how bad it's getting. Anyone else had this problem, but still had a positive outcome? :'(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I doubt it is the sponsor's name and info and not the applicant's that is the login for e-cas. It certainly wasn't the case for me - I logged in with my (as the applicant) first and last name, country of birth, date of birth and client ID which I got from the study permit they stapled inside my U.S. passport. The best thing to do is to go to put in all possible login answers in https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/ and the tracker will keep trying to get into e-CAS on your behalf and then tell you when it succeeds and with which information.
blestcheche said:
i think it is your hubby's information as it is his approval right? you can use the client id.. the receipt number... mine is not working yet. maybe after a week when the visa office in manila received our application

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ughhhhhhhhh! I'm pissed and annoyed on your behalf. This kind of reminds me of the hassle with my fingerprints - pay lots of money for them, send them to the FBI, wait a month, get rejection, just to do it all over again and worry about a second rejection. But I gritted my teeth and got past that and I know you will get over this little hurdle too. This really sucks though.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Yup..... they sent my application back. :'( :'( Had an email from Ecas tracker this morning.

So who knows how long it is going to take to actually get back to me and to actually find out what is missing.

I don't know what to say at the moment.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait a second, you had a lawyer work on your application and he didn't catch the missing response for you? :'( :mad:
dair2dv8103100 said:
When I called CIC-M she said that was the only thing listed as incomplete. So until I get the letter that is all that seems to be the problem.

Really crazy. The lawyer that has reviewed my papers said that yes they will send it back just for that but I guess time will tell.

And if that really is the case...it's no freaking wonder it takes so long to get through this process if this is how it is. :mad:

Find a happy place...find a happy place...I was not rejected...I was not rejected.... 8) :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well it looks like I've ran into an immigration hickup too. My husband kept nagging me to call MICC, which I didn't want to, and besides the mail strike is over tomorrow and I should get my acceptance from Quebec, right? Well I called and they told me that the sponsor needed to inquire for the status, so I relayed that info to my husband and he called. Then he called me back and told me that apparently they never received my CSQ application. I have no idea how that could have happened. I got my sponsorship approval from CIC on June 2, and a few days later I walked into a Pharmaprix with my CSQ application, which included the sponsorship email I printed out, plus other forms, and gave it to them. This was well before the mail strike which began June 14, I believe.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
.... I got my sponsorship approval from CIC on June 2, and a few days later I walked into a Pharmaprix with my CSQ application, which included the sponsorship email I printed out, plus other forms, and gave it to them. This was well before the mail strike which began June 14, I believe.
No. Rolling strikes started around <a href="http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/01/canada-post.html">June 1st</a> with several cities being affected. Sorry to tell you that probably your application got stuck in the mail. However there is apparently an end to the strike tomorrow Tuesday.

Good luck!

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
ddobro2 said:
Hmn, British Bulldog....any update on your situation. The fact that he said they haven't "reached a decision" after 40 days makes it sound fishy and odd. Anything about the sponsor they would object to? Would it be too early to order CAIPS at this stage?
Hi ddobro2, my latest update is this; we still haven't heard. However, I phoned the call centre again today and was told that the fact we haven't heard yet is very unusual (it's now been 42 days, the sites allocated time). They sent a message to Mississauga when I phoned last Thursday and Mississauga have 30 days to respond, if they don't, the call centre can take action (by take action, I don't know what they mean). I was reassured that if I was ineligable to sponsor, or our application was incomplete, we would definitely have heard by now. So that's put my mind at rest a little bit. It wasn't until I really thought about it this afternoon that I think I may have identified why it's taking so long. My common law partner (clp) and dependant child, both of whom I'm sponsoring, are residing in different countries to one another. My daughter is here in Canada with me and her father, my clp, is in England. In most cases the sponsored person(s) are in the same country as the sponsor or another country but together. I'm thinking this is what's slowing it down. But then that should mean that once London receive our application, it should be plain sailing.
What is everyone else's thoughts on this? Does that reason sound feasible?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
Wait a second, you had a lawyer work on your application and he didn't catch the missing response for you? :'( :mad:
Yup...a lawyer AND another friend went through it!!! :mad:

I am over it though, really what is another month or week. I signed up for an online relationship so I have to accept an online marriage.

My biggest concern is if we actually get through this and he actually gets here...I am not sure what the heck we are gonna do with each other... lol ... We are not used to anyone in our space and he has to build a face to face relationship with my daughter. I am used to doing what I want when I want. Even being married is not really "being married" when you talk and watch each other on a cam for an hour and half a day. Already going on 3 years like this. I believe in God and I believe that He brings us through things....but I wonder how much of this was really His fate sometimes or was it just something we wanted and went ahead with without really paying attention to what God was telling us.

On the other hand every time I talk to him I feel at home. He is not just a good man... he is the best man. I know he loves me more than anything. He accepts me flaws and all and he has a beautiful spirit. So really what more could I ask for....oh wait.... that he is actually WITH me!! lol

Oh the things I ponder with 3 hours sleep and a sugar rush...LOL

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
British_Bulldog said:
In most cases the sponsored person(s) are in the same country as the sponsor or another country but together. I'm thinking this is what's slowing it down.
I dont think so. A lot of pple on this forum are separated from their partners/spouses, ie different countries. Examples are myself, dair2dv8103100 and many others. That is why U read about the anxiety and frustration that comes with the waiting aspect of these immigration processes.

Having said that, I have to add that my "not-so-limited" experience with CIC is that if they wanted to deny or return an application, they usually did so fairly quickly. So a delay is not necessarily a bad thing. Hang in there! Wont be long now, hopefully.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
dair2dv8103100 said:
We are not used to anyone in our space and he has to build a face to face relationship with my daughter. I am used to doing what I want when I want. Even being married is not really "being married" when you talk and watch each other on a cam for an hour and half a day. Already going on 3 years like this.
I know what U mean!!