+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys can any body help me out with this please. Spousal Applicant from india.

application recieved on march 14 2020
Medical received on october 14 2020
File move to ottawa ontario october 27
Never recieved the request for Biometerics.
file status changed to application received.

its been a month now. There is no request for biometrics. Just worried now. Anybody can help me out or anybody in same situation like me.
Likely just wait and not worry at this point.
1) If your spouse has given biometrics in past, they may not even request.
2) If spouse in a country where biometrics are not possible b/c VACs not working, they may be revising instructions or waiting for clarity.

I say "don't worry just yet" because based on recent reports here, they are proceeding with examining and evaluating files without updated biometrics. So even if it is a glitch it is likely not slowing your file down at this point.

But: this is only a guess. If you want to find out more, order your GCMS notes and see if there is any reference to biometrics in there.

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Likely just wait and not worry at this point.
1) If your spouse has given biometrics in past, they may not even request.
2) If spouse in a country where biometrics are not possible b/c VACs not working, they may be revising instructions or waiting for clarity.

I say "don't worry just yet" because based on recent reports here, they are proceeding with examining and evaluating files without updated biometrics. So even if it is a glitch it is likely not slowing your file down at this point.

But: this is only a guess. If you want to find out more, order your GCMS notes and see if there is any reference to biometrics in there.
Is there someone who has reached to atleast a PPR/DM without biometrics submission ( due to closure of VFS)
Just a curious doubt

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is there someone who has reached to atleast a PPR/DM without biometrics submission ( due to closure of VFS)
Just a curious doubt
Don't know. But your file was sent to Ottawa only two-three weeks ago. Too early in my view to be concerned about that.

Remember, 'sent to' does not mean received and started more intense processing there yet.

But again: concrete step you can take is order GCMS.

Reactions: Akshi_Goswami

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Don't know. But your file was sent to Ottawa only two-three weeks ago. Too early in my view to be concerned about that.

Remember, 'sent to' does not mean received and started more intense processing there yet.

But again: concrete step you can take is order GCMS.
Gotcha,
Our ECAS says received at Ottawa VO.
Wondering what next in store, due to biometrics not submitted yet (VFS closure).
Would look out for GCMS notes.
Thanks for your response.

neptune18

Sep 16, 2020
Hi all,
We are 12th March applicants, timeline below..

Sponsor Approval: 7th October
AOR1: 7th October
Biometric request: 7th October
Biometric passed: 18th October
File moved to Ottawa: 18th October
Medical request: 19th October
Medicals passed: 13th November
Pre-arrival letter: 14th November

I believe the next step is passport request, after background check, etc. is complete. My question is whether or not we will need to send my spouse's passport? I am a Canadian Citizen, my spouse is a British Citizen, the United Kingdom is a 'visa exempt' country so not entirely sure whether or not we will even be asked for his passport or what the next steps are.
Any insight on this is appreciated.
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: neg mawon and kf18

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am a Canadian Citizen, my spouse is a British Citizen, the United Kingdom is a 'visa exempt' country so not entirely sure whether or not we will even be asked for his passport
When you get a passport request letter, it will give instructions. Ours indicated that applicants themselves determine if they are from visa or visa waiver countries,* and if from visa exempt countries, they submit photocopy of photo page of passport instead of passport (plus copy of passport request letter and photos of specific size).

I assume these requirements standard worldwide but of course changes possible. The photocopy of photopage of passport for visa waiver country citizens seems consistent though.

*Note the distinction is between visa waiver countries and non-visa waiver countries - that is by passport, not ability to travel to Canada without a visa; those exempt from visas because they have status in USA (ie. not from visa waiver countries) must provide passports.

neptune18

Sep 16, 2020
When you get a passport request letter, it will give instructions. Ours indicated that applicants themselves determine if they need a visa, and if from visa exempt countries, they submit photocopy of photo page of passport instead of passport (plus copy of passport request letter and photos of specific size).

I assume these requirements standard worldwide but of course changes possible. The photocopy of photopage of passport for visa waiver country citizens seems consistent though.
Thank you! We sent in a copy of his passport page with our application, along with 2 signed & date stamped passport sized photos - wonder if we will need to do it again?
I guess we will just be patient, wait and see.
Thanks for your help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you! We sent in a copy of his passport page with our application, along with 2 signed & date stamped passport sized photos - wonder if we will need to do it again?
I guess we will just be patient, wait and see.
Thanks for your help
Yes, they request these anew.

Note: the photo size may be (and I think IS) different from for other requirements (NOT passport sized, at least I think). Ours was delayed because I provided the wrong photo size - they provide a link to specific requirements in the passport request letter so check carefully.

Reactions: neg mawon

neptune18

Sep 16, 2020
Yes, they request these anew.

Note: the photo size may be (and I think IS) different from for other requirements (NOT passport sized, at least I think). Ours was delayed because I provided the wrong photo size - they provide a link to specific requirements in the passport request letter so check carefully.
Thanks so much! :)

Reactions: armoured

kunaljathar

Star Member
May 26, 2016
March 25th Applicant here and no AOR. Anyone in the same boat?
We got the temporary application number in mid September. Called IRCC last week and the status is the same. Apparently haven't started working on the application. I am genuinely worried, anxious and depressed now. Did anyone here sent a letter to MP and did it help?

Reactions: neg mawon

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
March 25th Applicant here and no AOR. Anyone in the same boat?
We got the temporary application number in mid September. Called IRCC last week and the status is the same. Apparently haven't started working on the application. I am genuinely worried, anxious and depressed now. Did anyone here sent a letter to MP and did it help?
March 23. No AOR. Only have temp file number.

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hello. I received my AOR on October 21, 2020 and I received the medical request for the PA on October 26, 2020. The medical was done on November 2, 2020 and the results for the medical were received November 6, 2020. But I have not received any news about the medical being passed should I be concerned?

im also concerned about the fact that I have not received sponsor approval yet. On ECAS on the sponsor side it says decision made and it has said that for weeks but I have not approval letter or email and my file was not transferred to a visa office yet.

PA recently did biometrics for TRV application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello. I received my AOR on October 21, 2020 and I received the medical request for the PA on October 26, 2020. The medical was done on November 2, 2020 and the results for the medical were received November 6, 2020. But I have not received any news about the medical being passed should I be concerned?

im also concerned about the fact that I have not received sponsor approval yet. On ECAS on the sponsor side it says decision made and it has said that for weeks but I have not approval letter or email and my file was not transferred to a visa office yet.

PA recently did biometrics for TRV application.
Don't worry about medical not showing up yet.

You have been approved as sponsor it seems, just that they have become inconsistent about sending the sponsor approval letters.

Wouldn't worry about where it is, as seems to be moving reasonably quickly of late.