+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hello. I received my AOR on October 21, 2020 and I received the medical request for the PA on October 26, 2020. The medical was done on November 2, 2020 and the results for the medical were received November 6, 2020. But I have not received any news about the medical being passed should I be concerned?

im also concerned about the fact that I have not received sponsor approval yet. On ECAS on the sponsor side it says decision made and it has said that for weeks but I have not approval letter or email and my file was not transferred to a visa office yet.

PA recently did biometrics for TRV application.
You also wont receive anything saying you've passed medical, you'll need to login with the gckey to see the actual message saying you passed. ECAS wont tell you (or at least mine doesn't)

varma97

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi Everyone, I got an email saying “ We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in New Delhi for further processing.”

Does this mean my file is already moved or they will move it?

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Don't worry about medical not showing up yet.

You have been approved as sponsor it seems, just that they have become inconsistent about sending the sponsor approval letters.

Wouldn't worry about where it is, as seems to be moving reasonably quickly of late.
I called IRCC today and they confirmed I am approved as a sponser yet the officer assigned to my case has not sent out the letter despite being approved weeks ago. You are correct they are not consistent with sending sponsor approvals. The agent would not tell me where the PA file is either. I’m not sure if it’s still in Nova Scotia or if in the PAs country.

Reactions: armoured

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
You also wont receive anything saying you've passed medical, you'll need to login with the gckey to see the actual message saying you passed. ECAS wont tell you (or at least mine doesn't)
Your PA shows as their medical as passed on Gkey but not ECAS? If so can you advise how long it from the medical exam date to the passed date.

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
March 25th Applicant here and no AOR. Anyone in the same boat?
We got the temporary application number in mid September. Called IRCC last week and the status is the same. Apparently haven't started working on the application. I am genuinely worried, anxious and depressed now. Did anyone here sent a letter to MP and did it help?
March 25th. No AOR. Mailed MP 10 days ago, no response. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

lhk928

Jul 9, 2020
March 16 outland applicant

Bio Nov 4
Medical Nov 10

Today, my application moved to CPC Ottawa, is Ottawa faster than other visa office?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everyone, I got an email saying “ We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in New Delhi for further processing.”

Does this mean my file is already moved or they will move it?
Already moved, On ECAS side PA Side will change from In-progress to Application received.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
March 16 outland applicant

Bio Nov 4
Medical Nov 10

Today, my application moved to CPC Ottawa, is Ottawa faster than other visa office?
Yes, Ottawa already started sending pre-arrivals, but I'm not sure if they sent DM/PPRs after pre-arrivals.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I still see inprogress inecas. It’s been one month already. Do i need to worry about it?
Where did your file transfer to?

edit* sorry just saw that you said it transferred to New Delhi today. It’ll take a while before it gets there. Then the status will change to “application recieved”. It’s not an instant thing as the physical file gets moved there using diplomatic mail services.

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Your PA shows as their medical as passed on Gkey but not ECAS? If so can you advise how long it from the medical exam date to the passed date.
ECAS just says its received.

I'm pretty sure the panel doctors who do your medical recommend pass or not. so when immigration say its received its either passed or not. Mine took 10 days from doing the medical to getting the pass message appear in gckey. There was no message sent to me

To get a better understanding of where your at you need to check both ecas and gskey. No one on here will be able to tell you if your medical was passed

Last edited: