+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I called IRCC today and they confirmed I am approved as a sponser yet the officer assigned to my case has not sent out the letter despite being approved weeks ago. You are correct they are not consistent with sending sponsor approvals. The agent would not tell me where the PA file is either. I’m not sure if it’s still in Nova Scotia or if in the PAs country.
Thank you, I think this will be helpful for others to know (so that they do not worry).

It is a little bit odd to me they are not sending these out as they are an automated form letter - so you would think they do not require much time. But perhaps it is an additional step and they want to rush things by skipping less critical steps. Note, it _seems_ the trigger for bio request and medical request _is_ the initial review of sponsor eligibility - that is, for those who get the biometric and medical requests, this _probably_ means the sponsor is approved. The letter itself is a form letter.

The personalized content of the sponsor approval letter is minimal - literally only the identifying information (sponsor name and address, relevant UCI and file numbers, and name of principal applicant). The remainder of the letter (after confirming approval as sponsor) is limited to: i) reminder of the financial undertaking; ii) boilerplate that the right of permanent residence fee may be payable later, they'll let you know if so; iii) when should you contact IRCC (any change to application eg change in circumstances like birth/death/adoption/divorce, change of contact info, change of representative, withdrawal of applicaiton); iv) contact info (use the web), how to check status of app (use the web), how long will it take (use the web, no addl info).

So no, you are not missing out on much by not receiving the sponsor approval letter. If you had to choose between not getting the SA letter and faster, believe me, you'd choose faster. (Not clear that is the real trade-off or it's just a system issue, but whatever, I can understand low priority.

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
ECAS just says its received.

I'm pretty sure the panel doctors who do your medical recommend pass or not. so when immigration say its received its either passed or not. Mine took 10 days from doing the medical to getting the pass message appear in gckey. There was no message sent to me

To get a better understanding of where your at you need to check both ecas and gskey. No one on here will be able to tell you if your medical was passed
Thanks for the Info. Your right. I linked to GCkey and it showed that medical was passed.

Reactions: kieraj

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I got AOR1 on 23 Oct. 2020 and waiting for medical request, can anyone tell me how much time it will take because almost 23 days has gone and still nothing happened. SA in process

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
I dont think they send you anything, just check ECAS periodically. it should change from application recevied to in progress at some point
Thanks for the response.
Was your VO ottawa too?
How long did it take for you to change from received-in processing?

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
After months of uncertainty - we finally have information on our file. IT WAS LOST! Sent in the outland spousal sponsorship application on March 25th to CPC Sydney. Followed up with them twice in October, and finally today they have an official note in the system which says that our application never got there and that we should reapply (we have tracking confirmation stating that the application was delivered and we will write a letter of explanation mentioning this when we reapply). Some things have changed since we applied in March 2020 and, my multiple entry TRV got approved. We are now considering starting over as inland applicants so that we can be together at least. Would appreciate it if someone could advise us on the best course of action. I have to visit my home country for less than a month in early 2021 with my husband, the sponsor. Would applying inland be a good move in that case?

akak121212

Nov 7, 2016
Well guys, it's been a pleasure. Just heard from IRCC that they have no record of our application and that we will have to reapply. Guess we'll gather our documents and hopefully submit it again (!) in November/December. Wish us luck! So all others without even a temp number at this stage - please call and send webforms to find out if they even have your application in their possession.

Thank you all for the insight, the encouragement, and the sharing and lightening of our burdens. I'll un-bookmark this thread now! Good luck to everyone.

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
Both of you guys got same answer that application lost? Im also March 25th applicant. Let me call and find out as I am also waiting for AOR.