Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
mikeymyke said:
Hey guys, got some news again. Wife is here in Canada with me on a TRV, but her parents in Vietnam say Singapore VO mailed our photos and other stuff back, along with our passport request letter yesterday. Glad it's not an interview letter haha. However, she's planning on leaving Canada in 3 weeks so we can send the passport right away and get the PR visa right away.

Update the spreadsheet please, thanks! :D
Congrats Mikeymike!! That was fast :D

M

mikeymyke

Obronibini said:
Congrats Mikeymike!! That was fast :D
Yeah!! Glad the Singapore VO is going much faster than last year, despite the new longer processing time of 31 months, kinda weird. Also congrats on landing, enjoy Canada!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:
Yeah!! Glad the Singapore VO is going much faster than last year, despite the new longer processing time of 31 months, kinda weird
My understanding is that the average processing time shown on the CIC website is the average it took to process an application last year. This year's average will show up next fiscal year and should be considerably less than 31 months for the Singapore VO.

M

mikeymyke

O_guy said:
My understanding is that the average processing time shown on the CIC website is the average it took to process an application last year. This year's average will show up next fiscal year and should be considerably less than 31 months for the Singapore VO.
Yeah, honestly it seems way faster this year. Last year's applicants that I saw, took them about a year on average to get visa without an interview. Now this year, it looks like my wife (along with a few others), will get visa in 6-7 months without an interview.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Hey everyone! How's it going? I just read 15 pages of this thread. Hahaha so I'm caught up! Soooooo many people seeing progress much faster than anticipated. Exciting! Yay! Awesome job O_guy and Koifish for keeping up the spreadsheet, so many colours! Lol

I did not anticipate having a total of 5 minutes of free time each day with a newborn. Yeah they sleep a lot but that's when you have to eat and shower and do laundry quickly before they wake up! Lol

As of today when I checked I'm seeing medical results received on ecas. Other than that I haven't heard anything new about our file. I have my baby's passport and tickets are bought to go back to Costa Rica with her on September 25/26 (I have an overnight in Toronto). We are staying in CR until my husband gets his visa, I'm anticipating coming back to Canada in February/march because...I didnt have time to send in an update package it just wasn't possible with the baby and as a result I am anticipating an interview. I'm going to order more gcms notes once I get down there so end of October if we still haven't heard anything I will have some idea of what's happening at least.

The baby is great, she's so cute.

It won't let me paste a picture in the message but I'll put one in my sig like mike does. Lol

Edit: nvm I can't figure out how to do it. Lol

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LiamNorwich said:
Please update our status. Wife just got her PPR request, also cic says our medical was received March 19th, 2014.
Congrats!! Spreadsheet is updated.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
So tomorrow it will be 12 weeks since my husband had his interview through the Paris office. Yesterday we received the notes. Last update on the notes was in mid May where they wrote that interview is needed and gave the reasons. No new updates since....nothing at all about the interview or the notes from the interview. Also, it states that the application is in process but the criminality or security checks have not been started yet. I don't know why they just stopped working on our application and dont know what to expect.
At least i am with my husband right now..things are really good just he seems to be taking things a bit personally, he feels that the immigration officer just did not like him at all. I am telling him that its just our circumstances and many people with similar ones have been refused right at the interview. Well, in November it will be 8 months since Paris received and started looking at our file. I am not sure if we will receive anything by that time. If we don,t do we then just write them an inquiry through email or should i just contact my MP?

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Not to be "that guy", but your 8-month mark will be December as the 8 months start when the Paris Office receives it. And I really hope you don't have to wait that long to hear something!

And about your notes, the information on them would be up to the day you requested them, so by the time you get them there is a month of new information that's not on there.

I think it is good news that the visa wasn't denied on the spot at the interview.

If you want to feel like you're doing something while you wait, you can always request another set of notes. Those might have your interview on them.
And enjoy your trip!

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
turntopage47 said:
Not to be "that guy", but your 8-month mark will be December as the 8 months start when the Paris Office receives it. And I really hope you don't have to wait that long to hear something!

And about your notes, the information on them would be up to the day you requested them, so by the time you get them there is a month of new information that's not on there.

I think it is good news that the visa wasn't denied on the spot at the interview.

If you want to feel like you're doing something while you wait, you can always request another set of notes. Those might have your interview on them.
And enjoy your trip!
Thanks. Yes i guess it will be Dec. I also hope we hear something sooner...I dont understand why they could just not send updated notes since they wait 30 days to send them.

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
I agree, it is totally frustrating, but it would be out of character for CIC if they let us know what was going on in a timely fashion.

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
Check the ECAS status and my wife's status has been changed to "In progress". States that they started processing her application on the 9th of September.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8, I would be scared to take a new born to third world country where she doesn't have medical coverage. Anyway, I wish you best of luck. Keep us updated.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turntopage47 said:
Did this forum just censor the word "baby"?
That's a bit extreme..
hahaha.....no, I made a typo. I was trying to type " new born" but hit "p" instead of "b". So now you know which word it censored.