+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

chelyfan

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2012
Steph C said:
I've been lurking around the spreadsheets and it doesn't seem like Manila did a thing all week. Was it a holiday or something?
I noticed the same thing...they sure move slow... what kills me how fast you can get a legal capacity when your at the CEM and then wait for them to approve you for sponsorship.... only been waiting 94 days since SA but like you said they did nothing for 9 days...

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Whew, at least Legal Capacity only takes an hour, the wort part is it's an hour without your cell phone :-X

chelyfan

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2012
Hello everyone waiting.... How many of you that are waiting are just sponsoring your spouse and removed dependents on IMM 0008..if so our application should go faster....get back!!!!! Scott

NewDad

Jan 1, 2013
Steph C said:
Hi NewDad, I was surfing the Manila Embassy website just now and came across an interesting link. Here is the page I was on:

Link deleted

I found that the Manila Embassy contracts the following agency to assist with visas, especially for those who don't reside in Manila. They have a help line (nearly $1/min) and a toll free line. I also saw an email address. Unfortunately they mostly cater to people looking for every other kind of visa besides spousal. But it's a start and could be helpful!

Link deleted
Thanks for that, I am going over it now. I did get a reply to the email I sent. It took a little over 2 weeks and began by apologizing for the delay and then answered my questions. I did get the impression they do not like to answer questions at the embassy so I am hoping for more from the VIA site. Of course the info here is great too :) although the forum here is a bit strange :-( I mean I cannot quote your post with your links as the software does not allow me to post links and I cannot reply to your private message to say thank you (again no allowed) so consider it said. I can live with the idiosyncracies of the forum providers :)

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
NewDad said:
Thanks for that, I am going over it now. I did get a reply to the email I sent. It took a little over 2 weeks and began by apologizing for the delay and then answered my questions. I did get the impression they do not like to answer questions at the embassy so I am hoping for more from the VIA site. Of course the info here is great too :) although the forum here is a bit strange :-( I mean I cannot quote your post with your links as the software does not allow me to post links and I cannot reply to your private message to say thank you (again no allowed) so consider it said. I can live with the idiosyncracies of the forum providers :)
If I remember right you have to post 10 times or so to be allowed to post links. So even if you can't now, you will be able to soon. It is probably to foil spambots.

chelyfan

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2012
NewDad said:
The via company that works for the CEM are for visitors visas about 90% are turned down due to regulation 179 but take the 75.00 anyways....

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
chelyfan said:
Hello everyone waiting.... How many of you that are waiting are just sponsoring your spouse and removed dependents on IMM 0008..if so our application should go faster....get back!!!!! Scott
We had no dependants on our application form. Now, perhaps the actual "processing time" was quicker, but that part is fairly quick IMO and you would still have to wait in the SAME queue as everyone else. Are you saying you have dependants and have decided you will never sponsor them in the future?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
chelyfan said:
The delay is not so much in doing the paperwork than it is waiting for the VO to get to your paperwork.

chelyfan

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2012
Luckyman said:
I wonder if the 11% calculated from the downloaded cic spreadsheet based on all apps includes all countries that manila is responsible.... Japan being one of them?
I hope you get a PPR soon or your med will be expired....

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Hey guys... I just wanted to announce that it's finally Monday morning in Manila! Here's hoping they are pushing those Manila envelopes around with our applications inside ::) I get the feeling this will be a great week! :-*

jktokyo

Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-12
File Transfer...
22-01-13
Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to have just found this thread!! Let me give you a quick introduction and a few questions as well if you don't mind.
I am a Canadian living in Japan but planning to move back to Canada with my Japanese wife soon. I just received a letter from CIC saying I was eligible to sponsor and that her application has been sent to Manila.

These are my questions:

1. From reading this thread it seems Japanese visas go through faster than others? Does anyone have information on how long it may take?

2. We are planning on flying back to Canada in April and my wife will enter on a visitor visa. I am just wondering if we should change our address on the application to Canada or maybe use her parents address in Japan?? Is it OK to wait for an outland application in Canada??

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

heartglee

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
we received sponsor approval today! we are so elated, my husband and I are already planning for my flight this early at stage 2!

here's hoping for a smooth and speedy process for everyone!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
jktokyo said:
1. From reading this thread it seems Japanese visas go through faster than others? Does anyone have information on how long it may take?

2. We are planning on flying back to Canada in April and my wife will enter on a visitor visa. I am just wondering if we should change our address on the application to Canada or maybe use her parents address in Japan?? Is it OK to wait for an outland application in Canada??
Welcome!
1. My application was processed fast. See my timeline. But I doubt it was because I am Japanese. I feel it was just pure luck. However, since we are likely not required to send passport, I would say this much it may get faster. But VO will send CoPR via DHL, this may take time (my CoPR was sitting in the VO for almost 2 weeks).

2. It is not a problem at all to wait in Canada as long as she is admitted (most likely it does not cause a problem but be prepared to bring enough documents but not too much belongings). Once you are in Canada, you can change her mailing address to Canada. This is where CoPR will be sent. Depending on when the file was transferred and which date in April you are planning to travel, she might receive CoPR before she leaves Japan!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
heartglee said:
we received sponsor approval today! we are so elated, my husband and I are already planning for my flight this early at stage 2!

here's hoping for a smooth and speedy process for everyone!
Congrats to you and to Jktokyo also for your sponsorship approvals!

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
jktokyo said:
Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to have just found this thread!! Let me give you a quick introduction and a few questions as well if you don't mind.
I am a Canadian living in Japan but planning to move back to Canada with my Japanese wife soon. I just received a letter from CIC saying I was eligible to sponsor and that her application has been sent to Manila.

These are my questions:

Thanks in advance for all your help!!
You can check the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCLbbZupkY_dHJRT2R1alhXS2xaUzFTcHZsTUhVbHc#gid=0 for info on how our apps are doing at Manila VO. That should give you an idea of how long you will have to wait.

I had you added from the November sheet but that was before you were approved. Could you either let me know your sponsorship approval date or fill it in yourself please?