+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
gortandmugs said:
once you are a PR of Canada you can enter the USA at anytime.... anyways I,m so so close for a PPR anyone wanna give me a day.... maybe for luck!!!! thanks ... PS so far 5 have got a PPR before me and applied later... so glad I paid in advance.... it was to move faster.... Wanna bet!!!! I paid 1040.00 Aug 29/12 I bet I bet the average record of 187 days ....
its your right to express your disappointment with how your application was processed...
but this is just my opinion, maybe one of the reason why your application is taking long is because you always think negative, whine about how it should be processed, i have this belief that - positive thought attracts positive energy, and negative thought attract what else ???............

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Pretty sure Canadian PR's still need a visa to enter the US unless they come from a visa waived country.
once you are a PR of Canada you can travel just like a Canadian... the only thing a PR can,t do is vote!!!! hey they can even sponsor a family member once they are a PR of Canada,, and get their family here faster than we can!!!! look at the spread sheet....the USA knows they will go back to Canada...even for a visit....to USA....Hey they are PR,s of Canada...

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
welll !!!! another PPR givin with a visa.... applied before me!!!!!hey !!! it,s great to be a Canadian....

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
doljan said:
its your right to express your disappointment with how your application was processed...
but this is just my opinion, maybe one of the reason why your application is taking long is because you always think negative, whine about how it should be processed, i have this belief that - positive thought attracts positive energy, and negative thought attract what else ???............
Not to sound disrespectful but the power of prayer/positive thought is bogus. Its a placebo.
Gortandmugs is frustrated and uses the thread to vent. He may have no one else who may understand what it is like to have your application fooked over and sent to the back of the line through no fault of their own. You pay your money and expect to be treated fairly. You applied 2.5 months after me but you got through in well under 12 months where my wife's application sits in Manila still unopened. Better that those of you who have had no issues not try to qualify the feelings of others who are getting the shaft.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I gotta agree 150% with that. I really don't think I need to go into logical analysis of the system to further the truth.

But hey... With cic... Logic doesn't apply... Hell, analysis barely does!

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
and i remember early on my application i'm really positive that my application will be process within CIC processing times, and luckyman we even had a little discussion over that, and you even said GOOD LUCK to my application. i always think that my application will be process within standard time - and guess what? it did...... and for some who even at the beginning of their application always whine, see what is the result?
now, its how we deal with our life.... its our life anyways... you can do whatever you want...... all i can say, GOOD LUCK

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
doljan said:
and i remember early on my application i'm really positive that my application will be process within CIC processing times, and luckyman we even had a little discussion over that, and you even said GOOD LUCK to my application. i always think that my application will be process within standard time - and guess what? it did...... and for some who even at the beginning of their application always whine, see what is the result?
now, its how we deal with our life.... its our life anyways... you can do whatever you want...... all i can say, GOOD LUCK
Good luck is a figure of speech.

We all begin the processing believing that we will be processed without delay. Especially those of us who's applications are straightforward and without the complication of children or annulments etc. The odds are in favour of the 80% that get processed within a reasonable time. Those that stay on this forum for longer are either here to help or have been part of the 20% who get fooked.
Believing positively or negatively plays no part in the process and by stating such is rather insulting to those of us that live in the real world.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
doljan said:
All that "we create out own reality" quantum stuff is garbage. Usually it is spouted by people who don't really understand quantum mechanics in the first place. My wife's application was very straight-forward. No red flags, well organized, not loaded with unnecessary formatting. And we were very hopeful in the beginning. What did the "universe" reward us with? We were one of the last apps approved from our batch. There are people who applied almost 2 months later that got theirs first. I suspect our app was among the ones sent to Ottawa. We have heard nothing since the SA notice.

Trying to say it is a reward for your "good thoughts" is the same thing as blaming gortandmugs and everyone else for their delays. You go tell your theory to the forum at large. Tell someone who has been waiting 4 years that it is their own fault for "bad thinking". You know what answer you are going get? It rhymes with luck ewe!

Keep your weird theories to yourself. We know where the real fault lies and that is with CIC and their inefficiency and the cutbacks being made by the current government. And if some of us have to vent occasionally to keep from developing ulcers then feel free to skip to the next message.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
scos said:
All that "we create out own reality" quantum stuff is garbage. Usually it is spouted by people who don't really understand quantum mechanics in the first place. My wife's application was very straight-forward. No red flags, well organized, not loaded with unnecessary formatting. And we were very hopeful in the beginning. What did the "universe" reward us with? We were one of the last apps approved from our batch. There are people who applied almost 2 months later that got theirs first. I suspect our app was among the ones sent to Ottawa. We have heard nothing since the SA notice.

Trying to say it is a reward for your "good thoughts" is the same thing as blaming gortandmugs and everyone else for their delays. You go tell your theory to the forum at large. Tell someone who has been waiting 4 years that it is their own fault for "bad thinking". You know what answer you are going get? It rhymes with luck ewe!

Keep your weird theories to yourself. We know where the real fault lies and that is with CIC and their inefficiency and the cutbacks being made by the current government. And if some of us have to vent occasionally to keep from developing ulcers then feel free to skip to the next message.
Well said.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
ok, for those of us that believes in positive thinking,... we are sorry for insulting you in the real world...
i will rest my case and i hope you all of us get what we want specially in this application process...
my process is already done but i will stay here in the forum to be able to share my experience and hopefully help someone...

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
doljan said:
ok, for those of us that believes in positive thinking,... we are sorry for insulting you in the real world...
i will rest my case and i hope you all of us get what we want specially in this application process...
my process is already done but i will stay here in the forum to be able to share my experience and hopefully help someone...
Ah, condescension now. Give it a rest.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
doljan said:
It's an interesting belief that I've been thinking about lately.. just since I saw this 10 min Ted talk.. it's weird that you guys should bring it up but that's how things go. It's an interesting short clip if you have the time.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/out-there-1/smile-or-die-the-perils-of-positive-thinking-.html

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fact... Positive thinking can sure help ones own life... But it sure as feek has absolutely no effect on people we've never even met. Unless ones own positive thinking inadvertently trickles through into another's life.

I don't believe any of us has met anyone involved in the application process, and that'd be a pretty far fetched trickle effect.

Reality will get you places, but substituted or formulated reality will get you roasted.

I for one stick up for myself and loved ones at all costs... And when getting shafted I sure as fook will voice thoughts regarding that... Especially if there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Steph C said:
It's an interesting belief that I've been thinking about lately.. just since I saw this 10 min Ted talk.. it's weird that you guys should bring it up but that's how things go. It's an interesting short clip if you have the time.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/out-there-1/smile-or-die-the-perils-of-positive-thinking-.html
This was RSA not TED. They have a lot of the RSA Animate videos on youtube. I particularly liked the one on "Crisis of Capitalism". The RSA site itself is http://www.thersa.org/.

TED has some interesting talks as well, but you have to watch a lot of dumb ones to get to the good ones (like Tony Robbins actually has one which is terrible). And it seems every city now has a TED franchise with lots of lectures of dubious quality.

On the original TED site there was one that was kind of fun called "Jennifer 8. Lee hunts for General Tso" http://www.ted.com/talks/jennifer_8_lee_looks_for_general_tso.html about the origin of the Chinese food dish. One TED talk I found interesting was this one http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html about a neuro-scientist's observations of her brain while she suffered a stroke. And of course there was the annoying one I mentioned before about how slums will save the world.

shercel

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 03-2013
AOR Received.
May 28-2013
File Transfer...
May 30-2013 - CEM received June 11, 2013
Med's Done....
April 08-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Nov. 14-2013 - Sent: Nov. 23,2013 - CEM received - Nov. 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hello ...

this is about the permanent elementary record , I don't have the permanent record for my elementary, since our school was disposed already the records 15 years above. they gave me only the certification proving that I was graduated to that school, it is fine to use this on my application.

thank you.