+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
gortandmugs said:
once you are a PR of Canada you can enter the USA at anytime.... anyways I,m so so close for a PPR anyone wanna give me a day.... maybe for luck!!!! thanks ... PS so far 5 have got a PPR before me and applied later... so glad I paid in advance.... it was to move faster.... Wanna bet!!!! I paid 1040.00 Aug 29/12 I bet I bet the average record of 187 days ....
you need to get a visa first they want the 100 dollars they wont even let you sit in a plane in the states if your from phils
\

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
doljan said:
its your right to express your disappointment with how your application was processed...
but this is just my opinion, maybe one of the reason why your application is taking long is because you always think negative, whine about how it should be processed, i have this belief that - positive thought attracts positive energy, and negative thought attract what else ???............
thats bullsh?t i didnt even think of my application problems until my 9 months was up now im at 13 months, who knows maybe i will get the record for the longest time waiting for a spousal visa

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
gortandmugs said:
once you are a PR of Canada you can travel just like a Canadian... the only thing a PR can,t do is vote!!!! hey they can even sponsor a family member once they are a PR of Canada,, and get their family here faster than we can!!!! look at the spread sheet....the USA knows they will go back to Canada...even for a visit....to USA....Hey they are PR,s of Canada...
sorry but you need the special visa to go to the states, i do know that once a spouse is here they have more rights than a canadiuan citizen

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Iay said:
Yea that's right. I did it in a US Consulate here in Vancouver. It is easy and not a lot of question for the interview. They just asked us what we want to do in the US, and we said "SHOPPING!!!" and then the officer just smiled and said to pick up the Visa in 3 days. :D

Validity is 10 years, multiple entry. :)
i think its only 1 year

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
gortandmugs said:
once you are a PR of Canada you can enter the USA at anytime.... anyways I,m so so close for a PPR anyone wanna give me a day.... maybe for luck!!!! thanks ... PS so far 5 have got a PPR before me and applied later... so glad I paid in advance.... it was to move faster.... Wanna bet!!!! I paid 1040.00 Aug 29/12 I bet I bet the average record of 187 days ....
your wrong they need a special visa pay 100 dollars

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Not to sound disrespectful but the power of prayer/positive thought is bogus. Its a placebo.
Gortandmugs is frustrated and uses the thread to vent. He may have no one else who may understand what it is like to have your application fooked over and sent to the back of the line through no fault of their own. You pay your money and expect to be treated fairly. You applied 2.5 months after me but you got through in well under 12 months where my wife's application sits in Manila still unopened. Better that those of you who have had no issues not try to qualify the feelings of others who are getting the shaft.
yes the shaft is getting quite big in my case

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
doljan said:
and i remember early on my application i'm really positive that my application will be process within CIC processing times, and luckyman we even had a little discussion over that, and you even said GOOD LUCK to my application. i always think that my application will be process within standard time - and guess what? it did...... and for some who even at the beginning of their application always whine, see what is the result?
now, its how we deal with our life.... its our life anyways... you can do whatever you want...... all i can say, GOOD LUCK
Fook off 80 % do try being part of the 20%

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Good luck is a figure of speech.

We all begin the processing believing that we will be processed without delay. Especially those of us who's applications are straightforward and without the complication of children or annulments etc. The odds are in favour of the 80% that get processed within a reasonable time. Those that stay on this forum for longer are either here to help or have been part of the 20% who get fooked.
Believing positively or negatively plays no part in the process and by stating such is rather insulting to those of us that live in the real world.
AMEN

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
scos said:
All that "we create out own reality" quantum stuff is garbage. Usually it is spouted by people who don't really understand quantum mechanics in the first place. My wife's application was very straight-forward. No red flags, well organized, not loaded with unnecessary formatting. And we were very hopeful in the beginning. What did the "universe" reward us with? We were one of the last apps approved from our batch. There are people who applied almost 2 months later that got theirs first. I suspect our app was among the ones sent to Ottawa. We have heard nothing since the SA notice.

Trying to say it is a reward for your "good thoughts" is the same thing as blaming gortandmugs and everyone else for their delays. You go tell your theory to the forum at large. Tell someone who has been waiting 4 years that it is their own fault for "bad thinking". You know what answer you are going get? It rhymes with luck ewe!

Keep your weird theories to yourself. We know where the real fault lies and that is with CIC and their inefficiency and the cutbacks being made by the current government. And if some of us have to vent occasionally to keep from developing ulcers then feel free to skip to the next message.
THANK YOU

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
doljan said:
ok, for those of us that believes in positive thinking,... we are sorry for insulting you in the real world...
i will rest my case and i hope you all of us get what we want specially in this application process...
my process is already done but i will stay here in the forum to be able to share my experience and hopefully help someone...
YOU MUST BE A PR, LUCKY U

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
It's an interesting belief that I've been thinking about lately.. just since I saw this 10 min Ted talk.. it's weird that you guys should bring it up but that's how things go. It's an interesting short clip if you have the time.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/out-there-1/smile-or-die-the-perils-of-positive-thinking-.html
Exactly.

The only thing positive thought can do is elevate your level of confidence when actively doing something. The more confidence one has the greater the probability one will have to overcome or circumvent potential setbacks an increase the likelihood of success however marginal.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: manila
App. Filed.......: 11-01-2012
AOR Received.: manila 20-03-2012
Passport Req..: 22-03-2012

Re: SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

« Reply #31872 on: April 13, 2013, 09:38:40 am »

QuoteModifyRemove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: comarxx on April 13, 2013, 06:41:18 am

Are you filipino who become canadian citizen? Or born canadian? Did you just go to phils for a vacation and met your wife and got married? Are you her first husband or no? Did you/she has child/children to exspouse? And I also hear that if you repeatedly email or call cem with the same question over and over again that will make processing of your papers a lot longer. Im just curious since your papers takes a lot longer than others. Yes your the one who knows how genuine your relationship is. Just curious thats is all.

IF I WAS A FILIPINO PR MY WIFE WOULD BE HERE BY NOW, IM JUST A CANADIAN CITIZEN I DONT HAVE MUCH RIGHTS,WERE MARRIED SEPT 2,2011 VISITED HER 5 TIMES, MET HER ONLINE JUNE 6 2009, she had 1 bf for 2 months, he got what he wanted and left a little bundle of joy, YES SHE Hs a 4 year old boy, i love him he loves me, only 1 email sent and no response had MP call once, im not in thioer quotas they keep tossing my application aside because3 it doent give them instant bonuses to thier quota SHE IS 39 YEARS OLD AND I AM 56 YOU TALLY UP THE SCORE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WE AVERAGE 2 HOURS IN THE MORNING and 3 hours each nite communicating on yahoo, skype,msn.facebook,telephone miss calls (to get her attention to come online) we eat together cook together clean house together oh ya i have 6 children 3 are RCMP

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:

QuoteModifyRemove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you filipino who become canadian citizen? Or born canadian? Did you just go to phils for a vacation and met your wife and got married? Are you her first husband or no? Did you/she has child/children to exspouse? And I also hear that if you repeatedly email or call cem with the same question over and over again that will make processing of your papers a lot longer. Im just curious since your papers takes a lot longer than others. Yes your the one who knows how genuine your relationship is. Just curious thats is all.

IF I WAS A FILIPINO PR MY WIFE WOULD BE HERE BY NOW, IM JUST A CANADIAN CITIZEN I DONT HAVE MUCH RIGHTS,WERE MARRIED SEPT 2,2011 VISITED HER 5 TIMES, MET HER ONLINE JUNE 6 2009, YES SHE Hs a 4 year old boy, i love him he loves me, only 1 email sent and no response had MP call once, im not in thioer quotas they keep tossing my application aside because3 it doent give them instant bonuses to thier quota SHE IS 39 YEARS OLD AND I AM 56 YOU TALLY UP THE SCORE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WE AVERAGE 2 HOURS IN THE MORNING and 3 hours each nite communicating on yahoo, skype,msn.facebook,telephone miss calls (to get her attention to come online) we eat together cook together clean house together
Comarxx is the guy who applied in November and has already received PPR. A total of 144 days. I find this highly suspect unless they have paid off someone at the embassy to fast track their application.
It has been a total of 183 days since our application arrived in Manila. There seems to be a growing disconnect for those of us who are citizens being passed over for PR sponsoring their families. Whether intended or not it certainly makes me wonder if there is a priority given within CEM to process applications to reunite filipino familes above anyone else.

I think Comarxx, given his expedited position in the herd, may want to consider keeping a low profile to save the rest of us added stress.

the_14th

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
gortandmugs said:
once you are a PR of Canada you can travel just like a Canadian... the only thing a PR can,t do is vote!!!! hey they can even sponsor a family member once they are a PR of Canada,, and get their family here faster than we can!!!! look at the spread sheet....the USA knows they will go back to Canada...even for a visit....to USA....Hey they are PR,s of Canada...
Actually, even if you are a PR you still need a US visa to go back and forth the US.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:

QuoteModifyRemove

IF I WAS A FILIPINO PR MY WIFE WOULD BE HERE BY NOW, IM JUST A CANADIAN CITIZEN I DONT HAVE MUCH RIGHTS,WERE MARRIED SEPT 2,2011 VISITED HER 5 TIMES, MET HER ONLINE JUNE 6 2009, she had 1 bf for 2 months, he got what he wanted and left a little bundle of joy, YES SHE Hs a 4 year old boy, i love him he loves me, only 1 email sent and no response had MP call once, im not in thioer quotas they keep tossing my application aside because3 it doent give them instant bonuses to thier quota SHE IS 39 YEARS OLD AND I AM 56 YOU TALLY UP THE SCORE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WE AVERAGE 2 HOURS IN THE MORNING and 3 hours each nite communicating on yahoo, skype,msn.facebook,telephone miss calls (to get her attention to come online) we eat together cook together clean house together
I agree that it's infuriating for somebody who got processed so fast to insinuate that your relationship is somehow not as genuine, or that you did something wrong. Looking at their post, comarxx is just curious to see why the application is so far behind.. as if there was a logical reason for it, but I think it was just a paperwork problem.

I don't have to tell anybody here this, but you will see a lot of Filipinos biased against marriages with male foreigners as is evident in a lot of attitudes.

If you guys think it's a bias that's coming through in the actions of the Embassy, and I think you have a good point there, maybe you should do something about it.. what is that CBC program that exposed the RBC scandal?

Then there's a very small group of Canadian girls who met a Filipino man.. like me, and like the wife of Doljan. So don't blame him for getting his visa so fast because his wife is a PR! She's a Citizen like us. They just don't have any red flags, have a nice relationship history, a lot of time spent together, and were VERY lucky with processing times.