+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

JD-ALI

Apr 10, 2013
gortandmugs said:
stay in the states....or apply to mississauga like the rest of us!!!!! no wonder us Canadian citizens wait so long!!!! people like you will use any way you can to get in to North America.... now its Canada ... why not Mexico....
People like me will use any way... you are right!!!! I got to do what I got to do to give a good education to my children, feed my family, medicine for my parents. you will feel the needs when you are in my shoe. You are a Filipino, you know how tough it is back home. Also the reason why you and your family migrated to Canada.

So please stop being sarcastic, you are not helping.

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
So JD, according to the lawyer in the article if you were admitted to the US with a visa good for at least a year and overstayed you would still be able to apply for a permanent resident visa from Canada. I take that to mean if the US visa had been granted for a shorter period, say 6 months which is the typical duration of a US tourist visa, and if you then overstayed you would not be eligible to apply for a Canadian permanent resident visa.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
JD-ALI said:
People like me will use any way... you are right!!!! I got to do what I got to do to give a good education to my children, feed my family, medicine for my parents. you will feel the needs when you are in my shoe. You are a Filipino, you know how tough it is back home. Also the reason why you and your family migrated to Canada.

That's funny you thought he's Filipino. Gortandmugs has grammar and punctuation like a Filipino but apparently he's not :D

JD-ALI

Apr 10, 2013
jarry96 said:
So JD, according to the lawyer in the article if you were admitted to the US with a visa good for at least a year and overstayed you would still be able to apply for a permanent resident visa from Canada. I take that to mean if the US visa had been granted for a shorter period, say 6 months which is the typical duration of a US tourist visa, and if you then overstayed you would not be eligible to apply for a Canadian permanent resident visa.
I understand. Would it have the same decision, if the principal immigrant is my wife? She has the one who has family in Canada.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JD-ALI said:

You should have post your question in manila thread(tagalog), maybe theres more people there who could advice you with more sense.

JD-ALI

Apr 10, 2013
Steph C said:
That's funny you thought he's Filipino. Gortandmugs has grammar and punctuation like a Filipino but apparently he's not :D
StephC thank for letting me know ;)
Not to disrespect him, i just have to defend myself, letting you guys know I have no dark intention.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
IN OTHER WORDS YOU MEAN HIS ENGLISH IS POOR :p :p :p

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
JD-ALI said:
StephC thank for letting me know ;)
Not to disrespect him, i just have to defend myself, letting you guys know I have no dark intention.
We're a bit of a grumbly bunch, a lot of us have been waiting for our spouses for way too long. ???

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
JD-ALI said:
I understand. Would it have the same decision, if the principal immigrant is my wife? She has the one who has family in Canada.
There is another thing you should look into and consider. Right now the US finally has a chance to get legislation passed that would create a path to citizenship for some of the 11 million people living there illegally. You could wait to see if that pans out and in the meantime would your wife consider applying for a temporary visa to the US. Is she a citizen of Canada yet?
Take a look at this current article: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/us-usa-immigration-idUSBRE93A00W20130411

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
jarry96 said:
There is another thing you should look into and consider. Right now the US finally has a chance to get legislation passed that would create a path to citizenship for some of the 11 million people living there illegally. You could wait to see if that pans out and in the meantime would your wife consider applying for a temporary visa to the US. Is she a citizen of Canada yet?
Take a look at this current article: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/us-usa-immigration-idUSBRE93A00W20130411
The US is easier to get into, harder to stay.. Canada is harder to get into, easier to stay.
At least where spouses are concerned.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
comarxx said:
You should have post your question in manila thread(tagalog), maybe theres more people there who could advice you with more sense.
Thanks for the vote of confidence :p

JD-ALI

Apr 10, 2013
Steph C said:
We're a bit of a grumbly bunch, a lot of us have been waiting for our spouses for way too long. ???
I feel you, I been away from my family (special my kids) for so long :(

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
JD-ALI said:
I feel you, I been away from my family (special my kids) for so long :(
:'(

JD-ALI

Apr 10, 2013
jarry96 said:
Take a look at this current article: reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/us-usa-immigration-idUSBRE93A00W20130411
I am not taking that path. USA is not for my daughters, we got no family here. My wife's relatives are all in Manitoba. My wife has a multiple tourist visa like mine. She intend to lodge her application to Manitoba this year.

Cormaxx, Jarry96, StephC I really appreciate your valuable time and for shedding useful info. I pray like me, you would reunite to your spouse soon.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
iM PROBABLY ONE OF THE FEW THAT ARE LEFT WITHOUT A VISA BUT OVER THE 12 MONTH PERIOD, IN MY SITUATION YOU WOULD THINK CEM WOULD CONTACT US AND EXPLAIN WHAT THE PROBLEM IS IF THEY HAVE ONE, THEY HAVE HAVE THE EXPLANATION THEY ASKED FOR AT LEAST 6 WEEKS NOW, AND STILL NOTHIN NEW, OUR ECAS IS NOT EVEN (IN PROGRESS) I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE IDEA OF FIRST COME FIRST SERVED, IS THERE RULES ON THAT I DONT KNOW ABOUT. OH WELL AT LEAST IM ALLOWED TO CONTACT THEM NOW BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN I WOULD GET A RESPONSE.