+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
doljan said:
if that happens, maybe some will cry its unfair.......ahahaha
I won't as long as we're all in Canada first before them :p

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
yay..... your hubby will miss his red horse....ahahaha
i will bring 5 bottles of tanduay when i fly to canada....

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
doljan said:
yay..... your hubby will miss his red horse....ahahaha
i will bring 5 bottles of tanduay when i fly to canada....
UM, I think your limit is 1 bottle at Customs ;D I'm hoping the hubs will like Kokanee or Lucky Beer :D

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
doljan said:
It's okay, you won't have so many neighbours to share it with under the tree.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
wow english forum where isa goodurnuft

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
kickkass said:
It's not about weather you are a Canadian or PR only.. And it's not about your age and on how you decide. Visa office abroad assess every application on case to case basis weather the sponsor is Canadian or PR only. Yes you were right that Canadian must be the priority compare to PR..But come to think of it.. PR's family is a lot easy to decide on Fraud issue.. Many Filipino PR were married and have children back in the Philippines for years. They suffered many years to be apart with their family to give their family a good future. So don't question why PR's get their family faster, because they didn't question you why you marry a Filipina and not Canadian. VO Manila assess only the principal applicant and their dependents and majority of principal applicant is Filipina, so what's the difference? We are all here to help each other weather you are Canadian or PR only.
I will question whatever I want to question. This is my country and until you are a citizen you are a guest. Plain and simple.
When you are a citizen of your country it does matter that those people who have just arrived seem to get preferencial treatment. If I was to move to the Philippines I certainly wouldn't expect to be treated like a local.
Filipinos that move abroad for their families is not my problem though I respect them for their sacrifice. They know that they will be apart for years. Why should that have any impact on my application which has no additional family members other than my wife? That application should be processed in an afternoon.

thekindofguy

Star Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kickass - how many rights are foreign residents given in the philippines? Would you allow permanent foreigners to have more rights than local flipinos? ??? ???

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
I will say, as a born and raised Canadian (so where my mother and father) I have to agree with CanadianJeepGUy on some of his points. Begin born and raised here, there should be a different threshold. Especially when the government allows foreign workers into the country, eventually some of those foreign boys and girls are going to mix with us who where born here, and things being what things are, some of them are going to hit it off, and turn their minds towards committed relationships.

I do believe there should be a completely fast tracked system (yes I know the government would have us believe that is already in place) for family reunification for citizens (born here or immigrated here) for eh immediate family at least (spouses and siblings) and then a sliding scale for other relatives the further you get away from the core of essential family unit here. (grand parents, aunt's, uncles etc).

But what really P's me off to no end, is seeing how some VO offices are far more "efficient" at processing applications than others. If it takes 9 months to process, then it should be 9 for all. Or six or eight or what ever the case may be. Not five months through this VO, and 15 through this VO. All this information is centrally stored, and like CanadianJeepGuy said, there is absolutely no reason, that this process should realistically take more than a few hours to follow up on in most cases, if all documents requested are presented at one time, it is a simple matter to follow up and check their validity.

In this process we do the leg work, their charge is only to check and double check the facts as we submit them. In essence a very simple straight forward cut and dried process, that they have managed to sprinkle pixe dust on and sell back to us as some sort of huge process we wouldn't understand.

I understand they need to know, A B C and D, I also understand I have to prove A B C and D, if I do my part (this is the leg work) inside a couple of weeks, why does it then take so damned longed for them to do their part (the double checking)? Aside from bloated middle management minded bureaucracy, there is no reason. What is needed is a trimming of the chiefs, and add some Indians back into the mix, so that people can on with doing their jobs efficiently. And the rest of us can get on with living our lives.

Lord knows, if a million people owe money on their taxes, they can process that is record time. But yet this process just drags on, and on and on. And more so for some than others.

Please keep in mind these comments apply only to citizens. For straight up immigration, yes i can see where they may want to do more back ground work and such, and maybe more of a cooling off period to test a possible candidates intentions, sure.

But for family reunification, refugee claimants and such, this is ludicrous, and frankly quite shameful for a "first world" country to be so backwards.

Like CanadianJeepGuy, I am another mid forties born Canuck (white too! :) ) finally found the right person, whom was allowed here into the country on a work permit. (so she has already been through the system and processed once). And after nearly 15 months screwing around with the Philippines Government, and now coming on six months of screwing around with the Canadian Government, I have grown quit frankly tired of the crap of waiting it won't be long and it will be two years in June of this, enough to test anyone's patience, two years of paying for two households in two countries with one job, two years of skype crap being substituted for real life contact. Two years of being stuck in a bureaucratic limbo because of bulls**t paper shuffling.

Well, now that this has degenerated into a non focused rant :) maybe I should take a breath and and practice some meditation :) Anyways, CanadianJeepGuy, I feel your pain brother, hopefully soon our time too will come.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
doljan said:
Yes and dont forget to bring a rim of cigarettes, even if u dont smoke some one will buy them off of you for a profit, marlboro is about 12 dollars a carton if you buy in the supermarket but about 30 if you wait for the duty freeshop, and as long as u dont enter canada through a small airport like moncton you dont have to pay the extra 15 dollars if you buy at supermarket, they nailed me for the 15 dollars and then emptied my suitcases full of my wifes clothes i brought back, no where else was i treated like a criminal until i got back home. lol

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Hey!!! Steph.... if you applied in april why is it takin you so long for a PPR.... just had to ask....

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Dan_from_Surrey said:
I will say, as a born and raised Canadian (so where my mother and father) I have to agree with CanadianJeepGUy on some of his points. Begin born and raised here, there should be a different threshold. Especially when the government allows foreign workers into the country, eventually some of those foreign boys and girls are going to mix with us who where born here, and things being what things are, some of them are going to hit it off, and turn their minds towards committed relationships.

I do believe there should be a completely fast tracked system (yes I know the government would have us believe that is already in place) for family reunification for citizens (born here or immigrated here) for eh immediate family at least (spouses and siblings) and then a sliding scale for other relatives the further you get away from the core of essential family unit here. (grand parents, aunt's, uncles etc).

But what really P's me off to no end, is seeing how some VO offices are far more "efficient" at processing applications than others. If it takes 9 months to process, then it should be 9 for all. Or six or eight or what ever the case may be. Not five months through this VO, and 15 through this VO. All this information is centrally stored, and like CanadianJeepGuy said, there is absolutely no reason, that this process should realistically take more than a few hours to follow up on in most cases, if all documents requested are presented at one time, it is a simple matter to follow up and check their validity.

In this process we do the leg work, their charge is only to check and double check the facts as we submit them. In essence a very simple straight forward cut and dried process, that they have managed to sprinkle pixe dust on and sell back to us as some sort of huge process we wouldn't understand.

I understand they need to know, A B C and D, I also understand I have to prove A B C and D, if I do my part (this is the leg work) inside a couple of weeks, why does it then take so damned longed for them to do their part (the double checking)? Aside from bloated middle management minded bureaucracy, there is no reason. What is needed is a trimming of the chiefs, and add some Indians back into the mix, so that people can on with doing their jobs efficiently. And the rest of us can get on with living our lives.

Lord knows, if a million people owe money on their taxes, they can process that is record time. But yet this process just drags on, and on and on. And more so for some than others.

Please keep in mind these comments apply only to citizens. For straight up immigration, yes i can see where they may want to do more back ground work and such, and maybe more of a cooling off period to test a possible candidates intentions, sure.

But for family reunification, refugee claimants and such, this is ludicrous, and frankly quite shameful for a "first world" country to be so backwards.

Like CanadianJeepGuy, I am another mid forties born Canuck (white too! :) ) finally found the right person, whom was allowed here into the country on a work permit. (so she has already been through the system and processed once). And after nearly 15 months screwing around with the Philippines Government, and now coming on six months of screwing around with the Canadian Government, I have grown quit frankly tired of the crap of waiting it won't be long and it will be two years in June of this, enough to test anyone's patience, two years of paying for two households in two countries with one job, two years of skype crap being substituted for real life contact. Two years of being stuck in a bureaucratic limbo because of bulls**t paper shuffling.

Well, now that this has degenerated into a non focused rant :) maybe I should take a breath and and practice some meditation :) Anyways, CanadianJeepGuy, I feel your pain brother, hopefully soon our time too will come.
hey Dan I,m the one that started about sponsor only if your Canadian... anyways I,m 53 and my wife is in Quezon City and she is 51 and we both have no children....42 days for Mississagua to process and 25 mins for a legal cap in manila... and 20 million tax returns done in 4 months.... now 4 months for a NSO and the wait wait wait wait... thank God i was able to do the IM0008 form by remove dependants.... but same as you....paid all money in advace...but to tell you something the max time for all of it is 202 days from SA...thats 1 day from our wedding ann...hope it all goes smooth for you.... but so far from SA the max is 202 days ...I,m at 150.... hang in there my man... what kills me is we can,t do sh@@ or even go to our embassy and ask how our app is going or even if its there... Great to be a Canadian... just assume your app is at the CEM... I,m going to tell Revenue Canada just assume I paid my taxes.... LOL...

kickkass

Mar 13, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I will question whatever I want to question. This is my country and until you are a citizen you are a guest. Plain and simple.
When you are a citizen of your country it does matter that those people who have just arrived seem to get preferencial treatment. If I was to move to the Philippines I certainly wouldn't expect to be treated like a local.
Filipinos that move abroad for their families is not my problem though I respect them for their sacrifice. They know that they will be apart for years. Why should that have any impact on my application which has no additional family members other than my wife? That application should be processed in an afternoon.
Yes you can question whatever you want to question because you're citizen of Canada and i am only a guest! -your wife :p ( Arrived and living with you)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
gortandmugs said:
Hey!!! Steph.... if you applied in april why is it takin you so long for a PPR.... just had to ask....
Hey gortandmugs, it takes so long because somehow, it took 4.5 months to approve me as sponsor. My sponsor approval was mid September which pretty much makes me an August applicant.