+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
doljan said:
then if that's the case, I myself together with your wife and some others should have long been in Canada ahead of those PR sponsored applications... :) :)

why does your spouse allow it for you to be charged higher than what should be in the phils?... would i also assume that you will allow anyone in canada to treat your wife racially without you coming to the rescue?.......
i'm saying this base on my experience as my wife have been here in the phils 4 times already and spent more than a year in total staying at our place...
If my wife is with me I let her do the haggling but if I'm out on my own buying stuff or getting services I get hosed. As a general rule I let my wife keep all the money and I just hold about 2000php at a time for bus, trike or food.

"would i also assume that you will allow anyone in canada to treat your wife racially without you coming to the rescue?"

Not sure I know what it is you are trying to say? If you are saying that if someone made a racial slur against my wife would I stick up for her? Of course I would but I do not know what that has to do with the conversation. As a citizen I think it is unfair that the processing of my application is lengthened because it is mixed in with applications from PR's. If there was another process for citizens sponsoring their foreign spouses I'm sure there would be a wait of only a few months max.

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
If my wife is with me I let her do the haggling but if I'm out on my own buying stuff or getting services I get hosed. As a general rule I let my wife keep all the money and I just hold about 2000php at a time for bus, trike or food.

"would i also assume that you will allow anyone in canada to treat your wife racially without you coming to the rescue?"

Not sure I know what it is you are trying to say? If you are saying that if someone made a racial slur against my wife would I stick up for her? Of course I would but I do not know what that has to do with the conversation. As a citizen I think it is unfair that the processing of my application is lengthened because it is mixed in with applications from PR's. If there was another process for citizens sponsoring their foreign spouses I'm sure there would be a wait of only a few months max.
Hey!!! I,m 4 days behind you ... and yes your right... PR should not be able to sponsor untill they are Canadian citizens... if you notice on the imm0008 if you remove dependants they cannot sponsor at all... we did that since my wife has no children...i,m 53 and my wife is 51...yeah we paid it all up front and wait longer than the PR,s... and can,t even go to our embassy to ask about our application...but the wait longest is 203 days...so another 30 for a PPR and 20 days for visa.... hang in the my man...I had over 300 people at our wedding in Quezon City.. and spent over 40,000 dollars going to Manila 5 times... its just great that one person can stop you from sleeping with your wife in Canada....and yes the Filipina ladies are the most beautiful and understanding women in the world... we pay more taxes on single mothers just having kids to get welfar...and we cover our costs to get our wife the visa... 40 mins to get a legal cap at the embassy and then 9 months to say hey you can f!!!k your wife.... in your country... all together... 13 months.... NSO 4 months... anyway... keep in touch... we maybe at the Toronto airport together waiting for her to walk through the glass doors.... what a feeling that will be... and be off this site and not look at a chart everday to see how fast our life will be...

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
lk4adeal said:
I am awaiting news for my daughter in law and 2 grandchildren. The kids have Canadian passports and my son is sponsoring. They applied in july and received approval on oct 11, 2012. They are still waiting. In the meantime my son's grandmother is very sick in the hospital. If my daughter in law wants to come to Canada to visit while awaiting approval is this possible? Would she apply for a visitors visa? Would she be able to come to Canada without denial?
All you can do is try for the visa, showing that she applied for PR and doesn't want to jeopardize the application, and explaining your circumstances. The more ties to her home country, and the more money she has in the bank, the better chances she will have. Perhaps if she left the kids with a relative in the Philippines would be additional proof, she will have to go back and get them. Make sure there's an invitation letter explaining how her costs will be covered with proof if necessary. Best case, she will get the visa, worst case you will be out $75 with a denial. At least you will know within about 2 weeks.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
gortandmugs said:
Hey!!! I,m 4 days behind you ... and yes your right... PR should not be able to sponsor untill they are Canadian citizens... if you notice on the imm0008 if you remove dependants they cannot sponsor at all... we did that since my wife has no children...i,m 53 and my wife is 51...yeah we paid it all up front and wait longer than the PR,s... and can,t even go to our embassy to ask about our application...but the wait longest is 203 days...so another 30 for a PPR and 20 days for visa.... hang in the my man...I had over 300 people at our wedding in Quezon City.. and spent over 40,000 dollars going to Manila 5 times... its just great that one person can stop you from sleeping with your wife in Canada....and yes the Filipina ladies are the most beautiful and understanding women in the world... we pay more taxes on single mothers just having kids to get welfar...and we cover our costs to get our wife the visa... 40 mins to get a legal cap at the embassy and then 9 months to say hey you can f!!!k your wife.... in your country... all together... 13 months.... NSO 4 months... anyway... keep in touch... we maybe at the Toronto airport together waiting for her to walk through the glass doors.... what a feeling that will be... and be off this site and not look at a chart everday to see how fast our life will be...
You are 4 days behind me from the file transfer to Manila but my application process started in May. Five months just for the sponsorship portion due to lost doc's. So my patience has worn thin. Waiting the max 203 days means another 2 months which puts it at a year. Completely unacceptable to me.

I don't live in Toronto anymore but I do hope you are reunited with your wife very soon. No point in rushing her to get her citizenship though since it is apparently meaningless.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
CanadianJeepGuy said:
You are 4 days behind me from the file transfer to Manila but my application process started in May. Five months just for the sponsorship portion due to lost doc's. So my patience has worn thin. Waiting the max 203 days means another 2 months which puts it at a year. Completely unacceptable to me.

I don't live in Toronto anymore but I do hope you are reunited with your wife very soon. No point in rushing her to get her citizenship though since it is apparently meaningless.
What? And miss the joys of what I hear is another long, tedious, illogical and frustrating process?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
scos said:
What? And miss the joys of what I hear is another long, tedious, illogical and frustrating process?
I just can't help but wonder what if would be like if the process was run by the Philippines and not Canada.
Would it be a lot of 'sorry not available sir/maam' and $1040 in fees to be carried out in tiny daily unexpected micro payments for things that you have no idea what they are? And each payment would get a little receipt :D with a big smile. The processing time however would be identical.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Hehehe, and IF it IS available, "go to the next window ma'am to pay the 'express' fee" . . .

scos said:
Huh, yeah. And I was just thinking in or around 2016, we'll hafta start up a "2013 Landed Pinoys - Citizenship Applicants" thread. :D

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Steph C said:
I just can't help but wonder what if would be like if the process was run by the Philippines and not Canada.
Would it be a lot of 'sorry not available sir/maam' and $1040 in fees to be carried out in tiny daily unexpected micro payments for things that you have no idea what they are? And each payment would get a little receipt :D with a big smile. The processing time however would be identical.
Maybe, but at least you would get the smile. :)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Goooood morning Manila! What would you like to have this morning? Tapsilog? Hotsilog? Cornsilog? Bangsilog?

Roostersilog? If you haven't voted in the poll a few posts above, you can vote now for your favourite way to cook the Rooster, who bailed on his predictions last week. One shot wonder.

How do you prefer to have your rooster?

Fried
Litson
Adobo
Tinolang
Inihaw

Iay's rooster got 4 out of 9 correct, looking great off the bat with the long shot Huggypoo! I owe her 1x ensaymada at Goldilocks YVR. Care for some predictions this week? I'm out :p

My rooster got 2 out of 9 correct, so it looks like he will be in the loser's stew.. don't worry, you can check the bottom of Kuya Scos's spreadsheet for the Rooster's predictions now.

Here's my summary of last week: this may be a little bit cracked-out. I was working this morning and don't have the focus necessary to double check :eek:

Sunday March 10
(additional)
DM: jayvee07

Monday March 11

PPR-Huggypoo!!!!! (August)
DM - krusmaryosep (July)
Visa-jayve007, len30(June)
Landed - GeechTech (May)

Tuesday March 12

Sponsor Approval - Celine12 (February)
In Process - augustrush

Wednesday March 13

Sponsor Approval - DaveSav (February)
PPR - shanjr (July)
DM - chrisme (May)
Visa - krusmaryosep (July)
Landed - JollyPao (June)

Thursday March 14

PPR - clucaney22, Likelike (June), magian, magbanu (July)
kyoks, Mikafromsaskatoon (June)
DM - Mikafromsaskatoon, Kyoks (June) virtud, sundie134 (July)
Visa: chrisme (May), happyfisherman (June)
Landed - Crisetphil, MDC (2011)

Friday March 15

PPR - NestleAducal (May),
Visa - Kyoks, Mikafromsaskatoon (June) Virtud, sundie134 (July), gimizz
Landed - gaia (May)

Saturday March 16

AOR - inhinyeronina (Feb)

Congrats to everyone! Below are the totals. Even though it seems like they get slower with each week, it's only perception. But what is it they say? Perception IS reality? ???

There's still 2 April applicants waiting for PPR's - me and Fireluck. And 2 May applicants - CJG and Mapol. It's down to the last of us now.

TOTAL:
PPR - 5
DM - 7
VISA - 9
LANDED - 4

LAST WEEK
PPR - 5
DM - 1
VISAS - 9
LANDED - 4

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT
PPR - 11
DM - 7
Visas - 5
Landed - 6

THE WEEK BEFORE THAT WEEK
PPR - 6
DM - 9
VISA - 11
LANDED - 1

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I'm in shock.. :eek: we just got our PPR in the mail ::)
It looks like a request for Appendix A, an AOM for him, and a passport.. no additional documents or interview at this time. No request for re medical yet either.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Steph C said:
I'm in shock.. :eek: we just got our PPR in the mail ::)
It looks like a request for Appendix A, an AOM for him, and a passport.. no additional documents or interview at this time. No request for re medical yet either.
This is crazy yet it's exactly what I feared. They misspelled his name in his email address. Thankfully I was cc'd in the email. How can I correct this in their database?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Steph C said:
This is crazy yet it's exactly what I feared. They misspelled his name in his email address. Thankfully I was cc'd in the email. How can I correct this in their database?
Maybe you can call them and report the wrong spelling.

Anyway, congrats Steph!! So I got 4/9 eh? Not bad :p

About your medical, when is it due to expire? I think they don't usually send remedical with the PPR. Also, for the medical extension, some of them never got notice that VO did extension for them.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Iay said:
Maybe you can call them and report the wrong spelling.

Anyway, congrats Steph!! So I got 4/9 eh? Not bad :p

About your medical, when is it due to expire? I think they don't usually send remedical with the PPR. Also, for the medical extension, some of them never got notice that VO did extension for them.
It expired.. get this... June 2012. And I emailed them and as well, opened a fresh email account for that badly spelled email address. Better safe 8)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Steph C said:
It expired.. get this... June 2012. And I emailed them and as well, opened a fresh email account for that badly spelled email address. Better safe 8)
Anyways, like I said before (maybe just to myself, but whatever) if they are going to use email as a means of communication, they should list it on your ECAS so that you can see they have it right. Just like the mailing address. So far they have screwed up: My Mailing address (put it to some random Quebec address) and his email address. Nice going CIC!