+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BC2013 said:
That is a long time. Did you apply for your GCMS notes yet? If not, I would do so - maybe they will give you an idea about what is going on.
I agree this is a long time, email the minister regarding the fact it has taken so long at the LVO also get your GCMS notes.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
tashford said:
I agree this is a long time, email the minister regarding the fact it has taken so long at the LVO also get your GCMS notes.
I don't think the Minister can help that much - get your GCMS notes first. From what is posted on the LVO 2010 thread, such delays are mostly caused by security/background checks elsewhere, which can not be influenced by the VO.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
tashford said:
Hi tashford, Did you receive PER yet? If not, why the delay in ur PER? It looks like almost 2 months have passed since your CC was charged.

Cheers

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
BC2013 said:
I don't think the Minister can help that much - get your GCMS notes first. From what is posted on the LVO 2010 thread, such delays are mostly caused by security/background checks elsewhere, which can not be influenced by the VO.

Hi, I need to understand something here. Is it that LVO is having problems getting feedback from security/background checks carried out or they are themselves the cause of the delay by not carrying out these checks in time, hence the backlog? What's your view?

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
hila01 said:
Hi, I need to understand something here. Is it that LVO is having problems getting feedback from security/background checks carried out or they are themselves the cause of the delay by not carrying out these checks in time, hence the backlog? What's your view?
I think the main reason for the backlog in general is, that over several years (or even decades), CIC has accepted much more applications than they could handle (or even issue visas due to the local quotas). This they have started to tackle by introducing limits to the intake procedure (with the MI-System in 2008).

Then there is also the possibility of an individual delays (with background checks in different countries, foreign agencies, people/agencies not responding in a timely fashion to the VO's request, etc.).

Furthermore, I strongly believe, that most government agencies all over the world could work much more effectively - and this inclues CIC.

The closure of several VOs over the past years indicates another trend - cutting cost, and therefore reducing VOs and personnel, hence creating an even longer processing time.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zenghi said:
Hi tashford, Did you receive PER yet? If not, why the delay in ur PER? It looks like almost 2 months have passed since your CC was charged.

Cheers
Yes I do have my PER and my file was transferred to the London Visa Office.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BC2013 said:
I think the main reason for the backlog in general is, that over several years (or even decades), CIC has accepted much more applications than they could handle (or even issue visas due to the local quotas). This they have started to tackle by introducing limits to the intake procedure (with the MI-System in 2008).

Then there is also the possibility of an individual delays (with background checks in different countries, foreign agencies, people/agencies not responding in a timely fashion to the VO's request, etc.).

Furthermore, I strongly believe, that most government agencies all over the world could work much more effectively - and this inclues CIC.

The closure of several VOs over the past years indicates another trend - cutting cost, and therefore reducing VOs and personnel, hence creating an even longer processing time.
I agree all VO work differently.

Unfortunately the people for this years post May 2013 LVO applications don't seem to be getting processed. We are not sure why as the majority of other VO are getting there applications processed already and even some applicants have had their visas already. Which obviously a huge disappointment to us all at the LVO.

Now, at this stage we don't know what is going on in London and why they haven't processed ours like the other offices. Worst case is they are dealing with the backlog of applications first. Thus meaning ours are going to be the very last to get process. Which is obviously not at all what we want. Even some back as far as 2010.

Can you imagine that this was the case and they have hundreds upon thousands of application to process, it could realistically take years to go through.
Even the email responses i get from the LVO still quote 25 months.

The only remedy for all this is to email the minister in charge and explain that it was promised in press releases etc that we would get processed int 'Months' not 'years'. I have spoken to several people at the london visa office, PAFSO and other organisations who recommend contacting the minister in charge, explain the situation and he can contact the LVO and try and sort the backlog and the problems in hand. But this will only happen if enough people email him. If everyone from the post may 2013 LVO emails him he will stand and take notice and help our cause. Sitting back and hoping that in a few months they will start will not help. If it is going to take 25 months and they will sort the back log first then we have a huge problem. Years and Years of waiting. Which I know I don't want.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
tashford said:
I agree all VO work differently.

Unfortunately the people for this years post May 2013 LVO applications don't seem to be getting processed. We are not sure why as the majority of other VO are getting there applications processed already and even some applicants have had their visas already. Which obviously a huge disappointment to us all at the LVO.

Now, at this stage we don't know what is going on in London and why they haven't processed ours like the other offices. Worst case is they are dealing with the backlog of applications first. Thus meaning ours are going to be the very last to get process. Which is obviously not at all what we want. Even some back as far as 2010.

Can you imagine that this was the case and they have hundreds upon thousands of application to process, it could realistically take years to go through.
Even the email responses i get from the LVO still quote 25 months.

The only remedy for all this is to email the minister in charge and explain that it was promised in press releases etc that we would get processed int 'Months' not 'years'. I have spoken to several people at the london visa office, PAFSO and other organisations who recommend contacting the minister in charge, explain the situation and he can contact the LVO and try and sort the backlog and the problems in hand. But this will only happen if enough people email him. If everyone from the post may 2013 LVO emails him he will stand and take notice and help our cause. Sitting back and hoping that in a few months they will start will not help. If it is going to take 25 months and they will sort the back log first then we have a huge problem. Years and Years of waiting. Which I know I don't want.

Even if LVO has got enormous backlog too BIG to handle, I still don't believe that they will leave out fswp 2013 applications untouched until they deal with all the backlogs. Other VO's have also got backlogs as well and still could process fswp 2013 applications with them. What I am saying in effect is that LVO has got no excuse whatsoever.

Reassuring statement from the Minister prior to the launch of FSWP 2013 in May.

News Release — Canada's new and improved Federal Skilled Worker Program opening to applicants

source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-05-03.asp

Ottawa, May 3, 2013 — Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will be accepting applications to the new and improved Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) as of May 4, 2013.

“The government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth and long-term prosperity,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “Our changes ensure not only that Canada can select the immigrants most needed by our economy, but that they are best positioned for success.”

Improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research, which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants. The FSWP has been modernized as a result of thorough research, an extensive program evaluation, stakeholder and public consultations, and a study of best practices in other countries.

The goal of the updated selection criteria is to improve economic outcomes by selecting immigrants who will be able to integrate more rapidly and successfully into Canada's economy.

The changes will also support Canada's Economic Action Plan 2013 by building a fast and flexible immigration system whose primary focus is meeting Canada's economic and labour market needs. Among these changes is the introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment, so that foreign credentials are evaluated based on their true value in Canada, thereby ensuring that newcomers can make an informed decision before immigrating.

In order to prevent ballooning backlogs and lengthy wait times, there is a list of occupations with a set number of applications that will be accepted this year.

Previously, the application backlog for the FSWP was on track for an unacceptable 15-year wait time by 2015 with over 1.5 million applicants in the backlog.

As a result of the Action Plan for Faster Immigration and Economic Action Plan 2012, the backlog for the FSWP has been nearly eliminated, and new applications are being processed in approximately one year.

Full details and new FSWP application kits will be available on CIC's website later today in time for the May 4 launch of the Program.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
hila01 said:
quote author=MH_UK link=topic=173178.msg2736585#msg2736585 date=1385430001]
I am planning to move to Australia by next year and would I be able to transfer it to Sydney? And would that be a wise decision? thanks

I believe if you have a genuine reason to have your file transferred, the visa officer might consider that. A friend of mine made an enquiry to LVO regarding similar issue and having his medical done with any CIC panel physician. This was their response :

"Dear Sir,

In response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application. Please keep us updated with any new address/ change of circumstance. The reviewing officer will decide at that time if a file transfer is necessary. The medical examinations can be undertaken at any one of our designated Panel physicians.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (VCM)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada"
Thanks ever so much!!Much obliged :)

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A bit of news from a member in the main forum. Looks like something may start to happen (or be postponed) within January for many:

Quote from: Ahab1974 on November 28, 2013, 03:58:38 am
Okay so here goes, and I better get a lot of +1 for this:

Application was received on 23 May 2013.

Application was created (PER issued) on 7 August 2013.

1. GCMS Notes indicate that my file has been assigned to an officer at the London Visa Office (LVO).

2. The date date for the assignment to the officer is 31 January 2014. This is when I think the file processing is due to begin.

3. There are three subsequent background checks. (i) Security, (ii) Criminality and (iii) Medical.

4. The due date for completion of all three checks is 7 August 2014. That is exactly ONE YEAR from the date the PER was issued.

So let's keep that in mind. One year from the PER was issued, the LVO must complete all background checks and then move on to issuing visas.

Good luck.

The comparison we can make is with jigzyy:

Quote from: jigzyy on October 29, 2013, 02:41:41 pm
So, there are 35 pages... and the final result is.. LVO haven't touched it Cry. Which means, 2013 is not their priority (at least 10 days before when GCMS notes were generated).

Here are other findings:
Ministerial Instructions: Met

Assessments:
Eligibility: Not Started - Looks like Local Visa Office haven't re-calculated points.
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Not Started

Last Due Date: 2013/09/28

Scored 67 Angry. Did not considered Adaptability points for Relative in Canada ( provided documented proof ) + haven't considered Academic IELTS of Spouse. Two Visa Officers assessed the application and both calculated 67 points.

Due Date: 2014/07/09 (My PER date in 2013)

Experience still need to be verified, that section is empty.
Selection, Security, Criminality, Background & Medicals are Pending.

Since arrival (2013/07/22) at LVO, file has been transferred 3 times from one location to another Undecided

Anyway, all in all, nothing useful came out of it.

EDIT: I was not able to find Bring Forward Date, so I am considering Due Date is that date for now. Because if it's true, that means, I / We are not going to hear anything for 1 year from LVO. Lips sealed

Well at least we are hearing something. But I can't imagine we are going to get our visas in a speedy way, unlike other visa offices which as stated have processed visas within 6 months.

Has anybody else applied for their GCMS, if so please keep is informed of the result on here.

Thank You

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Let's tweet minister https://twitter.com/MinChrisA for London VO as much as you can. AND make sure to add #FSWP2013 Hashtag in the comment. You can comment as many times as you can.

NDVO has started working and LVO is still dealing old cases. Not Fair.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jigzyy said:
Let's tweet minister https://twitter.com/MinChrisA for London VO as much as you can. AND make sure to add #FSWP2013 Hashtag in the comment. You can comment as many times as you can.

NDVO has started working and LVO is still dealing old cases. Not Fair.
TOTALLY, TOTALLY AGREE, we sound like children, but its not fair. :'(

Email and tweet as much as you can.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
I need some clarification here please. Is it mandatory for visa officers to follow strictly the dates on the GCMS notes when processing applications up until it's completion? Can they not on their own choose to finish processing applications before the final completion date on the GCMS note if there are no barriers?

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TBH im not to sure, but i guess that the dates on the GCMS notes are a date set on the day the report was given. Im sure if things change for one reason or another that final date can change.

Thins can either be a bad or good thing.

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
tashford said:
TBH im not to sure, but i guess that the dates on the GCMS notes are a date set on the day the report was given. Im sure if things change for one reason or another that final date can change.

Thins can either be a bad or good thing.

I want to believe the date could change to our advantage. Like u said, these dates are set on the day the report was given. It's not as though they are fixed and cannot be altered in anyway. These dates are based on assumptions. Was there any dates on GCMS notes for CPP-O applicants who received visa within 6 months? Just curious. These dates on GCMS notes are not realistic just as the 22 months processing period for NDVO applicants is not, considering the fact that they are getting MR requests.