+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hila01 said:
I think the January 31th 2014 date has been set for the visa officer to start processing his application. The final completion date is 7th of August 2014 for BG check, security, medical and visa. This date cannot be exceeded. This is not to say that processing can't be concluded before the set dates. It depends on the visa officer.
I personally don't think the date of the 7th Aug 2014 is set in stone. I think thats the date that was hoped for on the date you applied for the GCMS. I think that there are many external obstacles that could cause a delay in the application process.

Its just to much of an optimistic time, an exact date of 1 year.

I think this office move will definitely cause a delay, unsure as to how much though.

I think we should ALL order our GCMS exactly 120 days after the file was transferred to London.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkalra said:
See yet another MR,PPR request for another NDVO applicant came just now aapatel.

**** this is really injustice to LVO applicants.
I know, so upsetting and frustrating. My suggestion,

1)Email the minister using the details on page 1 of this thread.

2)Tweet him as much as you can

We just need to highlight this problem to him as much as we can, the more of us that do this the more chance he will intervene and do something.

3)Order GCMS report exactly 120 after you know LVO received you file.

Good Luck

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lusully said:
I just had a thought, is anyone using David Cohen for their application? If so, as he his a lawyer would it be worth contacting him to see what his ideas are about lvo timeline and can he do anything on your behalf? I'm sure if CIC see an immigration lawyer is getting involved it would be taken more seriously.
Great suggestion, anyone?

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hila01 said:
Any response yet from the Minister regarding email sent to him?
Absolutely nothing, he probably just brushed it aside, thats why the more of us that do it the more chance there is he will respond and take action.

So far only a few have emailed, we need to get other members on this forum todo the same.

sheikh958

Nov 26, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER:12-08-2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
21st August 2014
Interview........
Medical received: 27th August 2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 07-10-2014. Visa issued: 03-10-2014.
LANDED..........
15th November 2014
lusully said:
I just had a thought, is anyone using David Cohen for their application? If so, as he his a lawyer would it be worth contacting him to see what his ideas are about lvo timeline and can he do anything on your behalf? I'm sure if CIC see an immigration lawyer is getting involved it would be taken more seriously.
I think they will not do anything on our behalf. As they r already paid, to get a reply for a query takes few weeks. How come they gonna pursue for applicants.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TBH at this point anything is worth a try.

I'm so worried we are going to be left behind if nobody does anything. Its slow anyway but the moving offices is going to be a really problem I think.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
tashford said:
I personally don't think the date of the 7th Aug 2014 is set in stone. I think thats the date that was hoped for on the date you applied for the GCMS. I think that there are many external obstacles that could cause a delay in the application process.

Its just to much of an optimistic time, an exact date of 1 year.

I think this office move will definitely cause a delay, unsure as to how much though.

I think we should ALL order our GCMS exactly 120 days after the file was transferred to London.
You are correct, it is not.
I think, those "due dates" in GCMS (or BF'd dates in Caips) are mere suggestions, easily ignored by Officers both ways. E.g. my Due date was
2012-06-28 (in GCMS generated early 12/2012) and
2013-01-12 (in GCMS generated mid 11/2013).
And nothing has happened at either date, or since.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BC2013 said:
You are correct, it is not.
I think, those "due dates" in GCMS (or BF'd dates in Caips) are mere suggestions, easily ignored by Officers both ways. E.g. my Due date was
2012-06-28 (in GCMS generated early 12/2012) and
2013-01-12 (in GCMS generated mid 11/2013).
And nothing has happened at either date, or since.
Seems silly, but I guess when people have a date that they think is set they seem to relax because they think they know what's happening with their application. Unfair but true. And when that date passes the VO will just amend the date to another future date.

People need to 'act' at the soonest possible chance, now. I'm sure if pressure is put on people now something might/can be done.

I just hope people are emailing the minister. It can't do any harm.

Tom

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
Just dropped the minister an email

Dear Sir,

I am one of the FSW2013 applicants whom application is in LONDON visa office.
LVO has not yet started processing any of the 2013 FSWP while other busy visa office such as NDVO started to issue MRs already.

We will be highly appreciating your help by calling LONDON visa office to start processing 2013 FSWP to comply with your statement of processing 2013 FSWP in one year as it is economy oriented program.

We thank you in advance for your understanding

Kind Regards,

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
tashford said:
Obviously they have to physically move every single file from the large building in Grosvenor Square to another smaller building. Not only will the fact of moving EVERY single file take time but also the moving to a smaller building that is already in use is going to considerably disrupt the processing on applications. Whenever people move somewhere there always a period where nothing is running as smoothly as it could, let alone seamlessly.

I just feel that this is another large hiccup for the people being processed thorough London and another thing that could really lengthen or delay the processing time. Something positive would be nice for a change.

Any body got any ideas other than contacting the minister via twitter and emailing that could help our case.

The fact that they have sold large six-storey Canadian London embassy building in Grosvenor Square should not create panic in any way. The fact also remains that they could have moved away from this building long ago before selling it now. These guys are not dumb. Such news don't move me at all. A new visa application centre opened in London since May 2nd 2013 to deal with all temporary visa and permanent resident travel document applications. LVO would have made plans long time ago. So why worry? Relax!

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
hila01 said:
The fact that they have sold large six-storey Canadian London embassy building in Grosvenor Square should not create panic in any way. The fact also remains that they could have moved away from this building long ago before selling it now. These guys are not dumb. Such news don't move me at all. A new visa application centre opened in London since May 2nd 2013 to deal with all temporary visa and permanent resident travel document applications. LVO would have made plans long time ago. So why worry? Relax!
I think they have not moved from that building long ago because my consultant asked me in August to send an updated PCC to the same address:
CANADIAN HIGH COMMISION
38 GROSVENOR ST
LONDON
W1K 4
GB

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
Soundless said:
I think they have not moved from that building long ago because my consultant asked me in August to send an updated PCC to the same address:
CANADIAN HIGH COMMISION
38 GROSVENOR ST
LONDON
W1K 4
GB

Visa Application Centre (VAC) opened in London

A new VAC opened in London on May 2, 2013. The VAC is operated by VFS Global and is located at The Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London W2 6NB.

Effective immediately, all temporary resident (visitor visa, study or work permit) and permanent resident travel document applications for Canada should be submitted either online or through the VAC. The visa office will accept submissions in person on Wednesday from 8:00am to 10:30am (excluding holidays). Please visit the VAC website for details on application submission.

We encourage you to apply online or through the VAC (either in person or by mail) as applications submitted directly to the visa office will take longer to process. By submitting an application through the VAC, you will be able to take advantage of the extended hours of service, more flexible payment methods, online tracking of your application, and the assurance that your application is complete and all the proper documentation is included. We are confident that this will lead to more efficient processing of your application.

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
hila01 said:

A new VAC opened in London on May 2, 2013. The VAC is operated by VFS Global and is located at The Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London W2 6NB.

Effective immediately, all temporary resident (visitor visa, study or work permit) and permanent resident travel document applications for Canada should be submitted either online or through the VAC. The visa office will accept submissions in person on Wednesday from 8:00am to 10:30am (excluding holidays). Please visit the VAC website for details on application submission.

We encourage you to apply online or through the VAC (either in person or by mail) as applications submitted directly to the visa office will take longer to process. By submitting an application through the VAC, you will be able to take advantage of the extended hours of service, more flexible payment methods, online tracking of your application, and the assurance that your application is complete and all the proper documentation is included. We are confident that this will lead to more efficient processing of your application.

That means my consultant is out of info and I should resubmit the PCC to the new address unless they would of forwarded it internally!!!

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
Soundless said:
That means my consultant is out of info and I should resubmit the PCC to the new address unless they would of forwarded it internally!!!

Don't resubmit your PCC. LVO will still get it.

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hila01 said:

Unfortunately what you are pointing out doesn't apply to us, yes they have opened a new office on Harrow Road, but it is not for the processing of FSW PR visas. So yes they will have to move offices from Grosvenor square, as pointed out the address to send documents to is Grosvenor square and not Harrow road. Also the only visas processed at harrow road are

temporary resident (visitor visa, study or work permit) and permanent resident travel

none of these are FSW PR visas, I think you might be confusing the
Permanent resistant travel visas which is as follows
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
and not what we have applied for.

My concerns still stand, I expect that they have sold the offices for the money, obviously, and they are going to have to transfer all of the thousands of paper visa applications to the new offices, which is going to take time and will undoubtedly cause a delay, how much we just don't know, could be days but I expect months. We all know when we move house it takes a while to settle in.

Unfortunately everything is pointing to a long wait period,

1)Nobody has heard anything from the LVO (except to say, "your visas application has been received and the average processing time is 25 months) Not 12 months, like some might think.

2)A lot of other visa offices have not only issued MR but have issues visas this quickly, again nothing from London.

3)London has to process a huge amount of applications a lot more than some offices, so their back log is obviously huge.

4)Some 2010/2011 applicants are still awaiting visas and if London is going to clear this back log first, well who knows.....probably years.

5)Finally to top it off they have just sold the offices where all our visas are...........and they ARE going to have to move them all. Every single one.

6)Oh yeah and the 6 month workers strike at the beginning of all this by the Visa staff, perfectly times in MAY/JUNE.......probably the biggest thing that is going to cause a delay. (sorry forgot that one).

I really appreciate everyone that emails the minster, that is all we can do at present and I just hope he reads them and takes some kind of action.

Thank You