+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kitt1517.138days same employr by mail.i really believe our applications is on the hands of the officers. my 1st application (same employer) got denied.. i phoned day after the said processing date,and it found out. devastated,i dont have health insurance since aug 2010. reapplied,mailed the same application i sent back oct. the cic guy who's doing my paper had the courtesy to call and asked me why i have another application.i explained to him how the "implied stat" not working for us.he said,he cant really grant me owp. same reason as the latter. then phoned me back that he reviewed it again and got granted. weird. yes!

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sarah,

But the LMO you submitted, it is still valid or expired? Mine is already expired because we used that ever since I started LCP. Do you think we need another LMO? Wants to extend my WP under the same employer. OWP/PR in process.

Thanks.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@plussy thats the other thing, i think i sent my application with an lmo that will expire on 4 days. sent application march 20. lmo expires march 24. sorry, cant really give you an advice, i myself cant figure how everything works. they just do and say things differently

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
The LMO thingy is really confusing most of the call center agents,i'll tell why , I call them yesterday and i was told i cant renew my work permit becos i have owp pending but if i have to, i must get an LMO for the same employer but my LMO has already expired. So today i called again and i spoke to 4 different agents and they all gave different responses

The first agent said, " just wait for OWP and the processing takes 15-16mths"

2nd said , "Go ahead and apply but you are on implied status since you already sent an application for OWP but you will need and LMO"

3rd said, "You dont need an LMO since you are with the same employer but apply online cos it's faster,you will get it in about 2months "

4th said , " Oh ma'am of course you can extend your work permit but it is advicable you wait for your OWP since you sent your application on April and you are almost there, you dont need an LMO and you dont need to pay for restoration of status since you are on implied status if you must apply "

Finally i went to their local Office in Toronto and mehn....... I just found out IMMIGRATION CANADA is so messed you ! The woman i met said i cant apply cos i have owp pending ,so i should just wait. I told her i need the WP to apply for health card,she said i should get a letter from Doctor stating my illness . She said i dont need to extend since i'm with the same employer and i should continue working with my employer but if i want to change employer, i need an LMO.

Which one of these people am I suppose to believe....lol

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
I don't get it. why CIC makes it so complicated?
I sent my OWP & PR app last March 2011.
I renewed my WP with same employer (on line)in last April 2011 and received it in the end of June 2011 (a little bit late coz the postal worker strike)
I didn't provide LMO at all. all we need are:
1, Cover Letter ( to tell CIC I am on implied status , but need new WP to renew my Health) Not wait untill get sick, just in case emergency. It is no fair, If we can't renew a health card.
2, Employment Letter
3, Copy of Passport Pages
4, Copy of Current WP

BTW, I called CIC before submit application. I got the answer:
"You dont need an LMO since you are with the same employer but apply online cos it's faster,you will get it in about 2months "

Monalizy said:
The LMO thingy is really confusing most of the call center agents,i'll tell why , I call them yesterday and i was told i cant renew my work permit becos i have owp pending but if i have to, i must get an LMO for the same employer but my LMO has already expired. So today i called again and i spoke to 4 different agents and they all gave different responses

The first agent said, " just wait for OWP and the processing takes 15-16mths"

2nd said , "Go ahead and apply but you are on implied status since you already sent an application for OWP but you will need and LMO"

3rd said, "You dont need an LMO since you are with the same employer but apply online cos it's faster,you will get it in about 2months "

4th said , " Oh ma'am of course you can extend your work permit but it is advicable you wait for your OWP since you sent your application on April and you are almost there, you dont need an LMO and you dont need to pay for restoration of status since you are on implied status if you must apply "

Finally i went to their local Office in Toronto and mehn....... I just found out IMMIGRATION CANADA is so messed you ! The woman i met said i cant apply cos i have owp pending ,so i should just wait. I told her i need the WP to apply for health card,she said i should get a letter from Doctor stating my illness . She said i dont need to extend since i'm with the same employer and i should continue working with my employer but if i want to change employer, i need an LMO.

Which one of these people am I suppose to believe....lol

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Joycelam, that just answered my questions. I am starting to apply for my extension work permit now.

bonjoydave

Jul 21, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010 LC1
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
bonjoydave said:
hi everybody..im following this forum for a long time now.and finally gave in to register..im also applying for PR under LCP. im in Quebec.and im sponsoring my wife and my kid in the Philippines.just want to share my timeline:

Feb.6,2010: submitted an appli
April 26,2010: started processing
September 1,2010: 1st stage approval/OWP
December 5,2010: QuebeC Immig Interview
June 14,2011: Decision Made. a letter was sent.
July 13,2011: Received the Approval letter.and Photocopy of Confirmation of PR.needs to pay for PR fee.
July 15,2011: send the payment and photo for PR card.
July 21,2011: ? ? ? ? waiting for my final landing interview..

I received an appoinment for Landing Interview on August 23,2011..finally..

what are the usual questions for the Landing interview?i heard its just for formality..any past experiences want to share?thank you
to those who had experence,how long will they set the landing interview if you settle every immigration requirements?thanks..

rikrik

May 29, 2011
Hi guys, it's been a while, so much troubled about my situation, too much agony of waiting is depressing me, I'm on the may timeline but the processing is moving slowly and usually got stock. The thing I'm worrying about is my unemployment condition since september last year, meaning no tax payments. do you think my OWP/PR application be affected, thank you, would appreciate a response.

tesa

Apr 27, 2011
JoyceLam said:
I don't get it. why CIC makes it so complicated?
I sent my OWP & PR app last March 2011.
I renewed my WP with same employer (on line)in last April 2011 and received it in the end of June 2011 (a little bit late coz the postal worker strike)
I didn't provide LMO at all. all we need are:
1, Cover Letter ( to tell CIC I am on implied status , but need new WP to renew my Health) Not wait untill get sick, just in case emergency. It is no fair, If we can't renew a health card.
2, Employment Letter
3, Copy of Passport Pages
4, Copy of Current WP

BTW, I called CIC before submit application. I got the answer:

Hello, just have a question to you . How did you send 4 documents if they require only passport and fees receit....? I applied on- line on July 15 with only these 2 documents ....
Did the y send you the request about any additional info? If yes, when
Thanks

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Piurana said:
So where I can send my documents for my extention Visa, to Buffalo or to Fort Erie,Ontario????Thanks Guys!
If you'll send it to Fort Erie is much faster based on the other LIC timeline.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
IMO, they need LMO if the one that you're using is expired already...im not sure but check the validity of your LMO before sending to the immigration...just in case...

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
tesa said:
Hello, just have a question to you . How did you send 4 documents if they require only passport and fees receit....? I applied on- line on July 15 with only these 2 documents ....
Did the y send you the request about any additional info? If yes, when
Thanks
Hi, tesa. I applied online. they requested only copy of passport pages. But I read a topic in this Forum about WP extension. Someone got refused by sending only Passport and Fee receipt.
So I applied online but prepared the document base one the paper application of WP extension. They didn't request any additional info.
My WP approved in 52 days.

tesa

Apr 27, 2011
JoyceLam said:
So I applied online but prepared the document base one the paper application of WP extension. They didn't request any additional info.

So You are saying that you applied online but you mailed them the documents they request for paper application , am I right ?
Sorry just making it clear.....
thanks

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i actually think they dont need lmo to apply work permit-same employer if u have pr on process.you just make sure you have the cover letter stating the reason you need to renew it.if you do it online,its safer too to send the same documents written on the checklist that is being sent by mail rather than just the two documents being asked online.