Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Do i need a new LMO with the same employer cos an agent just to told my work permit extension will be rejected if i dont attached a LMO with it,since i already applied for PR n OWP ? Is that the new procedure to get an extension with same employer?

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just got my work permit yesterday same employer. i have OWP on process too. different agent says different things..one said that i do NOT need to put it too but i just attached one anyways since my current LMO was still valid before i sent my application. i think you are better of if you put an LMO.

Monalizy said:
Do i need a new LMO with the same employer cos an agent just to told my work permit extension will be rejected if i dont attached a LMO with it,since i already applied for PR n OWP ? Is that the new procedure to get an extension with same employer?

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thinking of extending again for the purpose of validity of identifications (like Kalinka)

OWP/PR in process. One employer from the start of LCP. Presently working with the same employer. Got a note printed on my current WP - "LMO valid for one year." We used that LMO ever since.

Doing the math with the current processing time of First Stage Approval, this WP that Im thinking of applying will only be used for 5-6 months. Applied OWP/PR - 06.2011 WP expiration 04.2012

Do we still have to apply for a new LMO?

Thanks.

Piurana

Jun 2, 2011
Hi Guys, who could tell me what can I do to extend my visa, I am thinking go back to my country for just two weeks and my visa almost expired, how is this proccess?? what need to do ?? thanks for your help. ;)

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Piurana said:
Hi Guys, who could tell me what can I do to extend my visa, I am thinking go back to my country for just two weeks and my visa almost expired, how is this proccess?? what need to do ?? thanks for your help. ;)
Get a TRV ...See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp and you include a copy of your work permit.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
sarah cunanan said:
i just got my work permit yesterday same employer. i have OWP on process too. different agent says different things..one said that i do NOT need to put it too but i just attached one anyways since my current LMO was still valid before i sent my application. i think you are better of if you put an LMO.
But my LMO expired last year July, do I have to tell my employer to apply for another one ( same employer ) ?

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Monalizy said:
You don't need new LMO
Just attach old LMO for the same employer

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Piurana said:
Thanks so much Bambiegirl for your help!! I have to send all the documents to Buffalo?? I am right??
Repost from Joycelam:

How to Apply for Your Temporary Resident Visa
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx?view=d
If your mailing address is in Canada:

Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we have made arrangements to have your mail collected in Canada. Your documents will be mailed back to you from Canada.
The Post Office in Fort Erie will not accept commercial courier deliveries (courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address).

If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the Fort Erie Post Office box address (below) in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.

Send your mail to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 6R6

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Last year, I applied for the single Re-entry VISA. It took 14 days to received it.

This time I applied for the multiple VISA. Sent on July 26 2011. Received on July 28 2011.

Still waiting... Does it take long for the multiple VISA?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you still have a a valid WP then you don't need a new LMO. Just send the app together with your current valid WP and a letter from your employer that s/he still needs your services.

Monalizy said:

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I'm also planning to reniew my TRV at the Buffalo office, I'm just waiting for my OWP first.
However I don't have an American visa, does anyone thinks there is a chance they're gonna called me for
an interview? Or do I have to pick up the visa in person?

Thanks for all.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Nanny16 said:
Hi guys,
I'm also planning to reniew my TRV at the Buffalo office, I'm just waiting for my OWP first.
However I don't have an American visa, does anyone thinks there is a chance they're gonna called me for
an interview? Or do I have to pick up the visa in person?

Thanks for all.
why do you need US visa? you can mail it...ill repost again
Repost from Joycelam:

How to Apply for Your Temporary Resident Visa
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx?view=d
If your mailing address is in Canada:

Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we have made arrangements to have your mail collected in Canada. Your documents will be mailed back to you from Canada.
The Post Office in Fort Erie will not accept commercial courier deliveries (courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address).

If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the Fort Erie Post Office box address (below) in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.

Send your mail to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 6R6

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jobseeker i really think the lmo thing depends on the officer lookin @ your applications. i applied wp same employer oct 2010,got denied jan 2011.included lmo but d visa officer said i have owp on process. reapplied by mar 2011,got a call from cic august. 1st call,he said application denied same reason: because of owp on process. then he called me back sayin that i included lmo, (a requirement for wp) that made the final decision to grant me owp till aug 2012

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
sarah cunanan said:
@ jobseeker i really think the lmo thing depends on the officer lookin @ your applications. i applied wp same employer oct 2010,got denied jan 2011.included lmo but d visa officer said i have owp on process. reapplied by mar 2011,got a call from cic august. 1st call,he said application denied same reason: because of owp on process. then he called me back sayin that i included lmo, (a requirement for wp) that made the final decision to grant me owp till aug 2012
Hi Sarah cunanan That's so weir. Why do they need LMO ? I renewed my wp with a same employer I submitted curent wp, new employment contract, cover letter and fee.But it took very long I had to wait for 4 months.