Star Member
Nov 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 (April 26, 2010) : LC2 (March 07, 2011)
AOR Received.
LC2 : April 06, 2011 (letter date: March 24, 2011)
Med's Request
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
12-12-2012
Interview........
05-06-2013 (LC1)
Passport Req..
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-08-2013
Just talked to my hubby (LC1), he called CIC this morning to ask about any update on his OWP..... he said that the agent that he talked to did not even ask for his ID number, the agent just asked when did he apply and he answered last week of april2010... and the agent told him that they are still working on applicants from 2nd week of april and have to wait for 3-4 weeks for any update on his OWP..... i really hope APRIL2010 applicants will pass the first hurdle soon...... and also CIC will compensate for the time they process the OWP and shorten the processing time for the 2nd stage...... ???

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
ella7 said:
Hi ladies,
I faced my PR interview today, They varified my basic details in the application and thats it. paid $490 and change the SIN number too. They told me that I will recieve PR card withing 6-8 weeks. feel soooo freee :)
hope everybody will get good news soon.

Thanks
Congratulations ella7! FREEDOM!!!!! thats for you :D ;D...for me >>>> MERCY!!!! :-[

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
15-16 months still and working on applications received up to April 3, 2010?? im just glad i received my WP now so i can atleast renew health insurance, SIN, and atleast lessen the anxiety. but still...:(

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
Just like what i thought it would be frozen again on April 3, 2010. not gonna be surprise if the processing time next week will be 16 months. f**k you cic. its not funny anymore. hope somebody from the government is reading this forum even just 1 person so that you people thats sitting in your pedestal will know how much pain and suffering your causing us LIC.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
Guys aside from seeking help from our MP's and sending letters and emails to Minister Jason Kenny which i think mostly goes to junkmails, have you already tried to ask the help of any Filipino Support Groups, NGO's and Advocates like those people who help with the case of that filipina who passed away last 2009 who's fighing for her PR approval because she was diagnosed with cancer? ( sorry i forgot her name).i guess this people are our only hope. What do you think guys? instead of posting all of our frustrations lets make some actions as well.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
I tried emailing some filipino comminities and one answered our query it was posted in fb

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
@ Rosellyalung which FB? i want to read it.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
Guys aside from seeking help from our MP's and sending letters and emails to Minister Jason Kenny which i think mostly goes to junkmails, have you already tried to ask the help of any Filipino Support Groups, NGO's and Advocates like those people who help with the case of that filipina who passed away last 2009 who's fighing for her PR approval because she was diagnosed with cancer? ( sorry i forgot her name).i guess this people are our only hope. What do you think guys? instead of posting all of our frustrations lets make some actions as well.
I think that was Juana Tejada and the bill that was approved for no second medical exam was named after her. Her lawyer- Rafael Fabregas which happens to be on twitter as well is an advocate for the LCP gaining conditional PR upon arrival which they are pushing to be approved.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
Thank you for the info Bambiegirl, may i ask is your family name bingco? bcos i am also a member of the live in Caregiver Fb.i saw a profile and some postings name bambie bingco with a profile pix of a haf girl and a dog., i am really getting nutz my problem now is not with the cic vegereville but with the 22 MONTHS processing time of the Canadian Embassy in Manila for my LC2. :( :mad:

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
Thank you for the info Bambiegirl, may i ask is your family name bingco? bcos i am also a member of the live in Caregiver Fb.i saw a profile and some postings name bambie bingco with a profile pix of a haf girl and a dog., i am really getting nutz my problem now is not with the cic vegereville but with the 22 MONTHS processing time of the Canadian Embassy in Manila for my LC2. :( :mad:
yup that's me! i thought its half girl..half shepherd...hahahahhaha.....it will come. Good luck to your family!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
I wont be surprise if they get stuck for another 4 months, CIC wont mind taking 5years to process OWP guys. If we are over 200 people on Facebook,why cant we do something ? let us all split ourselves in each province,we go to CIC's offices and protest all this rubbish .

The Association of Live-in Caregiver Canada is so USELESS !! I dont know why there is an association that is non-functional,it should just be desolve. The Filipino Community too are just nothing but a bunch of people who enjoys seeing their people suffer, Filipino has the largest number of caregiver in Canada and they can't all come together and do something ? It really a shame !

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I think that they are trying to make everything come through in 4yrs. We wait two years to apply and then two yrs to leave the program. So we slowly creeping up form 15-16 months to 24 months. Its just the system, maybe its working with the new 4yr cap they have on temporary foreign workers.

My work permit expires February 2012 and my job situation right now is already very uncertain. What I have tried to do and I encourage everyone to do is to take our minds off the processing time and focus on our lives. Do some courses or something.

I also have decide to go home as often as I can, I know they say once we apply for PR we may not guarantee reentry if we leave the country but I went home last may to visit my husband and I may just as well go home one more time before my permits expire and I get stuck here and my poor husband stuck there ( sucks) .

application sent in December 31, 2010

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
hardwokerAngel said:
search Livein caregivers canada in facebook...
THANK YOU i already found it while ago.

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
plussy said:
Hi Kalinka,

When you started the Program, how many employer/s did you have from the beginning till the end of your LCP? And on your recent WP extension application, did CIC asked for a new LMO or you passed your old LMO?

Thanks.
I started LIC program on Feb 16th 2008. I had 2 employers. Feb 2008 - Aug 2008 - the first one, and Jan 2009- present - second employer. I sent my old LMO (LMO for second employer, which I received on Oct 2008 and sent for my second WP).
So now I have 3 WP (one old for first employer, one old for second employer, and one new (for the same employer - just I renewed it)
And I am waiting for 4st - Open Work Permit :)))))))
Patient. Just a little bit patient for all of us