+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

status

Jul 8, 2015
Here's my Timeline.

Applied by paper application. PGWP extension + Restoration on June 15th
Approval- 29th October
Mail received- today.

All the best guys! I believe with the new government have been formed the processing time is fast.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
xiaopan said:
Yes, I have the best work supervisor. I actually started working before I finished my studies. My work supervisor asked me the other day that if he can help me out for this work permit. I dont think he can help unfortunately.
same here. i have been at this job (field-related) since january part-time and it became full-time once i finished school. even my boss has asked if he could help but cannot. they did not care about my implied status, never even asked and didn't know until i told them.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
haha Exactly the same situation as me. I only submitted the uni letter, but I think it is good enough. Did you upload your uni letter plus transcript?

mets15 said:
same here. i have been at this job (field-related) since january part-time and it became full-time once i finished school. even my boss has asked if he could help but cannot. they did not care about my implied status, never even asked and didn't know until i told them.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaopan said:
Correct. Are you?
yes I am , thanks for reply...just wondering if I am allowed to work fulltime after studies unttil PGWP comes...

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
xiaopan said:
haha Exactly the same situation as me. I only submitted the uni letter, but I think it is good enough. Did you upload your uni letter plus transcript?
yeah i submitted both letters and transcripts because i did two degrees, one in a college and one at university. And my university letter never said how many years my program is, so I wanted to show all 6 semesters on the two transcripts for safety..

eva2015

Oct 19, 2015
hi,my timeline as following
Applying: may 19,2015
Paid 100: june 12
Update: two times (july 18 and aug 18)
Change adress:sep 10

I try to call cic,but i couldnt talk with agent,all r automatic service.hopefully i can get my pgwp soon.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
eva2015 said:

I try to call cic,but i couldnt talk with agent,all r automatic service.hopefully i can get my pgwp soon.

Call 1-888-242-2100 and when the voice will start offer options to press numbers - every time you hear a voice (you don't have to wait the whole message) press 3-2-1-0. It will get you on hold to wait for a real agent =)

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
So just an update on my situation (I did not get full 3 years on my pgwp even though my passport expires in 2020)

I called CIC, they said the same thing that I should have received a full 3 year permit and there was no reason provided as to why I wasnt. The lady said she will "send them a message" (as if that does anything) and request them to give me the 3 months I'm missing. I asked what the next step for me woulb be, and she said all I could do is wait. She said it can take up to 3 months. I was given no reference number etc. to trace this request.

Should I also create a ticket using CSE?

I want luck

Nov 4, 2015
eva2015 said:

To contact the call centre dial: 1-888-242-2100 press 3 when you hear the first message, press 4 when you hear the next then finally press 0 to speak to an agent. You have to be patient and keep trying until you get through. Calling early in the morning is usually the best time (as early as 6 is OK). This was told by a advisor from UA, I didn't remember what exactly numbers I dialed. But I think this should be good.
I am also a May 19 applicant, hopefuly everything goes well as they are supposed to be.

ccar

Oct 9, 2015
Just got approved on main page but when I clicked inside, still remain open. But at least I can say the rest of thing is just to wait for CIC to mail the PGWP to me.

Applied On: May 10th.
Paid 100 bucks on: Sep 10th
Approved Nov 5th. (175 days of waiting)
mailed: Waiting

Thank you guys for helping and remain the forum open.

jhota

Nov 5, 2015
Just got approved........... ;D yesssssssssssssssssssssss

I've been day dreaming from couple of weeks that It would change to updated and then approved. It happened exactly same. ::)

O god,such a relief. guys be patient, just a bit more time.

I think they got scared of the new government. ;)

btw i m May 10 application

Applied: may 10
Paid 100: sept 9
Update: monthly
Approved: Nov 5
Delivery: still waiting

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013
Hi Guys ,

I am a May 12 applicant here.

I have just seen my status changed to approved however I haven't received nay letter in my CIC account yet !!

Cheers
Chris