AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Yes Anxious.. Lovely to see you back up and posting on here too... this forum is a great venue to vent and ask questions and get advice and support..... i wanted and needed to get updated on the procedures and instead of going through all the small print on line i figured a few questions on here wouldnt hurt.... and sure enough my questions were answered and answered again....

Boy if there was only an immigration for dummies book...

plus soon gonna start see if we can get some of the family up here..... come like we cant get away from this immigration stuff... from my family to his family... pure immigrants!

But hope you cheer up soon... good news must come your way... when your good people good things happen... just imagine you will soon be here just in time for the freezing cold weather to freeze yuh rarse off!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Nae, I just had to make it funny, but at the time, I thought I was going to scream. At one point people were passing by and asking "A wha gwaan ova dey suh? Dem a gi wey summin mek alla dem ya people deh out yah fram mawnin?"

Honestly, the way you get dealt with, it's like you are begging a favour and not paying for a service! The police personnel are rude, the place was small and cramped and dark, I felt like I was being booked to be taken to jail, not getting a record to prove I have never committed any crimes!

I told hubby when I got home that he better believe I love him, because I wouldn't put up with that kind of behaviour for just anybody. Worse now, I am going to do it twice!

And yes, you have to collect the record yourself, they don't send it to anyone anymore. They will address it to the person you want it to go to, though. There is a space for it on the form you fill out.

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hey everyone ..just wanted to say hi again.. :D

OH and it doesn't bother me that I was totally ignored by KC...NOT one bit!!!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for Monday..I can't wait to let you all know how it goes :D

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Hi Guys, me and my unruley internet again,
Big up yourself too Anxsious.

I've been reading the previous pages and not meaning to cause any confusion but the header of apendix A document checklist fresh off CIC'S website today cleary states no original Documents to be included other than indicated. and the originals indicated were Items 1-5 which are the application forms.
or if applicants are applying from Cuba, And if so applicants would be required to also include translations.

I was also confused when I was going through the forms, but I understand this to mean do not send originals except the Application forms, as the Cuban requirements would not affect non Cuban Immigarants, most people on this Forum are from Jamaica or other Carribbean Countries, so I dont think we would be required to submit Originals up front.

Saying that though, Immigration would seem to not want to be respponsible for documents going missing as they can often get lost, and instead ask for Copies to be sent with the forms, and ask for originals, when required, and have them dropped off in Person. making them the Responsibilty of the Applicant.

In light of all that, if applicants only have a single copy of Birth and Marriage Certificates Etc, then it may not be advisable to send the only available Original copies you have, it depends how you feel about it really.
However if you have a few of each you may want to consider sending them in with the forms as this would mean you would not have to wait to get the request to have these dropped off.
and in anycase I'm sure originals can be dropped off before requested in person.

P.s I Sent my Original Marriage Certificate, And a Photocopy of my Birth Certificate, As I only have 2 remaining old style copy Birth Certificates. but I had a few Marriage Certificates. and Did not mind the risk in losing one of them, in the odd Event my file should go missing.
Once again it depends what you feel more comfortable doing with your documents, and what your financial situation is in replacing them however cheap they maybe.

Bottom line Immigration does not want Originals posted. if you do so, its at your own risk. risking this will lessen your processing time though.
not a bad risk all in all if you have extra Originals of all documents.

see below for Appendix A.

Hope this helps.

Appendix A
Document Checklist - Immigrant
Assemble all your documents as listed. Check () each applicable item on the list and attach the list to your documents (a paper clip will do). Do not send originals unless you are applying in cuba, (see note below). Send photocopies of all documents except the forms listed below (items 1 to 5) and police certificates, which must be originals.
Note:If you are a Cuban national, you must send originals of all documents, unless otherwise instructed. These will be returned to you after a decision has been made on your application. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

Godbless

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Items 1-5 in the Region Specific Documents Checklist
these are meant to be sent in their Original Completed State.

IMMIGRATION FORMS
Ensure that all questions have been answered and forms are signed. When completed, send them to your sponsor with all supporting documentation.
Application for Permanent Residence. - This form is completed by you, the principal applicant. Cuban nationals must provide two additional copies (photocopies are acceptable) with the original.

Schedule 1. - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older complete their own copy of the form Schedule 1 - Background/Declaration. Cuban nationals must provide two additional copies (photocopies are acceptable) with each original.

Additional Family Information. - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

Spouse/Partner Questionnaire. - If your sponsor is your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, complete the questionnaire.

Use of a Representative. - If you want us to deal with a representative on your behalf, be sure you have completed and signed the Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476).

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Below are all the other documents which can be photocopied except for Police check and Medicals.
Hope this helps the people who are still waiting to submit.

IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Provide birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of Household Registries) for you and each of your family members (children’s birth certificates must name their parents). If you are a national of Haiti, you must provide an extract from the Archives of the birth certificates (declaration made at birth) and baptism certificates legalized by the diocese or the Ministère des Cultes for you and your family members.
If you are married, you must include a marriage certificate. If you are now divorced, you must include final divorce certificates; if separated, a separation certificate. If your former spouse or common-law partner is deceased, you must include your spouse’s or partner’s death certificate (even if you are re-married). If your marriage was annulled, a copy of the annulment.
Unmarried Cuban nationals must provide their solteria.
Photocopy of Citizenship Certificate, Permanent Resident Card or Immigrant Visa for any family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
If you are in a common-law or conjugal relationship, provide proof of that relationship.

A - 2 Sponsorship III - Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children
Place all of your documents in an envelope and send them to your sponsor.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
hmm....still no good news :mad:

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Where are the updates?

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
If anyone goes into Kgn for an inperson update please let me know.
Maybe we should all plan and show up so they know we are cheesed off.
he he he ;D

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good night ...

Wow there seems to be alot of new members again!! WELCOME TO EVERYONE !! This forum is growing very good man!!
Seems like everyone poppin in to say hi ...

KC wasssup ;D ;D

Jammy ..i seen you hailed me up from the other day ....so right back at yah !! Hope ur good!!

Rosie.... i am looking forward to your UPDATE so for sure ill look in on monday ....Pretty stoked about it man!!

Anyways ...Everyone have a good one ...Really hope everyone good and happy ...No matter what ...

Bye Peeps take care !!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Rosemel.... :) whats going on.... counting down the days till your interview???.. :) I wish you and hubby the best of luck - We all know that you will get the answers you need.. no one will keep you and the hubby apart... totally didnt mean to ignore you, dont take it no way :p

wha gwan lonley.. I kinda skimmed the posts and saw you are still around... good job... lots of people will need your help.. congrats on the house. will be a year or so before I buy a house and thinking moving out to oshawa to the suburbs maily cuz its cheap out there and i cant aford anything closer to the city.

Chat soon... gone home!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
What exactly is covered by formal education? Do I start from basic or primary school? Should I include the years I studied for my ACCA (chartered accountant) exams? I attended classes during that time, but at a private educational institute, run by the lecturer, not a college or anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey guys,

Just a minor update. NO BIGGIE. After all, my fretting and frustration has been resolved at such a lateeeee stage.

Here it goes:

I finally got the official interview letter at our place in Canada. Yes, today. Less than a week before my interview. It stated that they mailed it out from POS on August 13th and it only reached today. Now, what would have happened if I was still in Canada and not knowing what to look forward to? I would definitely be panicking now to find a last minute ticket to get back home. Anyway, this wasn't the deal for me and thank goodness for that.

The letter is one of the normal standardized letters where they ask you bring original documents and passport, etc. Who knows, they may take my passport from me and tell me I will get it back at the end of the process, just like CBSA did but that time it was to freaking ship me out of Canada.. LOL

I just hope my interview runs smoothly and they pass me on the spot and only ask for ARC payment to submit to their program managers and Meds redo on the same day.

Only miracles to happen now, friends :)

chukiewifey

Aug 20, 2010
Evrybody keep up nice on this forum ;)

Good luck confused hope get thru soon & same to evry1 else!

God bless yu mek me feel good say mine go fast dont think so it take long but when see how long some wait lawd :'(

Charlie D thanx for clarification yu jus do yurs now good luck but miss wha say bout police check have to redo some in June? why? is it the stamp date of collection or date go? i'm confuse hubby do his in June sometime ???

Miracle was a true miracle to get thru in few months yu lucky sah ;D

KC416 we same try send & do everything one time so not to slow process
HOPE GET UPDATES SOON!! Blessings to all

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!

chuckiewifey you'll have to read the last few pages back for the info you are looking for

godblesswife - that's the same blurb I found but I totally did not read the pre-amble...duh!!! oh well, we sent the original birth certificate and marriage certificate. I have 2 marriage certificates and made several copies of his birth certificate just in case. It is my understanding that they do ask for the originals of both anyway.

confused - at least you got the letter ahead of time and it helps with your anxiety. Your interview will go smoothly and you will get through soon!

Charlie - I believe in my husband's application we did put everything from primary school onward ... if it's wrong well....it can't hurt lol