AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning All... Long time no see! Jammy, Anxious, Glo, Missingmybaby, KMC, Sheraig, CANUCK, and all the others who were waiting with me and are still waiting :( ... Bless up! I cannot believe there are so many 2010 applicants! I havent been checking this forum for a long long time... but I decided to come in and check out of curiosity because a friend of a friend who is now a friend :) is sponsoring her husband from JA and my friend asked if I would help her out. Of course I said okay... sooooo to make a long story short I wanted to see what was going on with Kingston but unfortunatly things are looking slowwww man!! What the heck is going on....

So i was just going to say a quick hi and bye but I cant help but chat chat a little....

KMC - There was a short period of time that KNG shut down cuz of the Dudas situation but that was a temporary thing for security reasons, basically that whole area shut down and workers were not at work to avoid any additional injuries/ situation/ riots etc etc... but you can go there now to drop off original documents and any other things they request...

One tip I remember from time that a few people used, I remember MAPLE using this excuse is that IF you are going there to simply ask questions to the lady at reception then you need to tell the security guard that you are there to drop off your passport and It wouldnt hurt to bring your passport as requested to show him if he asks. He will then let you in and you can take a number... Dont go there and tell the man that you want to chat to someone to find out whats good with your case, cuz they will most likely turn you back and if your travelling that can be a big waste of time ! Just a little tip to try and work your way to speak to the lady - who may not even answer any of your questions... but i know the feeling of wanting some answers! You can most definetly try and get your B # at least or a copy of your AOR which I believe SOSO did!

Someone asked about what the people who got their visa under 6 months did to help thier file process quickly, I know Chelly did pay up all fees and she also included a real copy of the birth papers and the marriage certificate which it doesnt ask for in the actual application BUT that is what they asked me for when we had to send in original documents... so if they didnt need to ask me for those I would see no reason why my application wouldnt have been sped up! Now, it seems it most definetly helped her in her case, but you do stand a risk of them getting lost.... which may actually be a small risk in comperison to the lenth of wait... considering we do get 2 copies of the marriage certificate and we can always get our birth certificate back with a bit of work. I also know that if you are applying out of a different country, meaning, still going through KNG but not from Jamaica, that your time will most likely be different. A few friends of mine have sponsored their family from countries and they usually make it through quickly. Mostly because they are a non-visa country or because unfortunatly there countries are not dealing with the corruption of immigration and visas that happens in JA. Also, It helps when there are no children involved, when the person being sponsored has never left the country before, When there is no other marriages, When there is no criminal problems, No arc, and you have enough evidence to satisfy the IO that your marriage is bonifide. Letters from family members really help, Proof such as pictures ect that your family and his family have met and continue to talk ect also really helps, etc etc.....

I used to share a cover letter that I sent with my package which included everything that I had sent, if someone is interested in that I am still willing to share....It is a really great outline other than the one provided online which can help set up your package nicely for those who are still waiting to send off their application.

I do have a question... There was that one situation where they made everyone who did their police report from a certain time period redo them because during that time there was an x amount of people who got a fake police report done.. Does anyone know that specific time line... Was it from January - July of 2010 ? Ect?

I believe this has a lot to do with the slow down in KNG right now along with the obvious increase in 2010 applications.....

Why it is effecting people from 2008/2009/ I have no clue... this should be the perfect time to push those ones through....

CANUCK... my friend... wha gwan brother.... I dont see any update at all for you.. i tried to skim by and see if there was an update but i dont see anything.... NOTHING! NOT A RHATID THING??? boy i tell you, they dont make it easy.. but I do see you are going back to JA... I pray for good weather and that no stinking hurricane comes and licks up the pretty pretty island!

God Bless you all.... I pray that things pick up for everyone!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning everyone.

Just wanted to comment on the previous post about the people being made to re-do their police certificates for a period earlier this year. It was all persons who received reports from around April to June, is what I was told when I went down to Duke Street. It was around the same time that they increased the "express" option from 3 days to 5 days. Apparently someone hacked the system and a person with criminal activity was given a clean report for submission to the US embassy.

The only thing I can say about that process is how they make people who have never broken the law feel like criminals in order to prove it. *smh* I am dreading the thought of having to go back and get it done again, I wasted a whole day of my life getting the fingerprints done and then waiting to collect the report. All I know is, when I do it next time, I am taking the whole day off work, because after it is done, I was so tired and frustrated and upset, and then I had to go back to work and deal with people. It was not a good day, either of them. :mad:

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
WELCOME BACK KC !!!!!!!!! Missed you on here :p Please share that cover sheet there are a few people who are about to send their files off. I am sure they will appreciate it.

CharlieD: It might be a good thing to redo the police check as it can be no more than 3 months old when you submit the application. I know a few people who went down recently to get it done and it took all day!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yes, I'm going to do it again...I have to wait up to 12 weeks for the FBI clearance, so I am going to wait until close to the time when I should receive that one to do over the Jamaican one.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Did you do you medicals as yet? That is also best to do closer to the date you file your application as that expires in one year.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
No, no medical yet either. I see where they are good for a year, so I decided to wait until the very last minute, so to speak, before I did it. Basically, my timeline for those 3 things is very close.

For the next 8 weeks, I am concentrating on the applications and the evidence, then between weeks 9 and 12 of waiting for the FBI clearance, I am going to do the Jamaican certificate and the medical. Oh, I am also applying for another copy of our marriage certificate, because I want to send an original with the application, and right now we only have one. And that is another wait, don't get me started on RGD...even when you pay for express service they take their own time.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
That is Jamaica for you everything is done on "Island Time".......sloooooowneeesss!
Yes man take your time going through everything and send them all the originals.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hey Jammy... I cant believe you are still waiting girl.. I swore you would be one of those to get through quick... who would of thought! I dont know why Children hold up a file the way they do (that is my only reason why I think your file along with anxious is taking longer than usual!!) I know this place can be severly addicting so I will try my hardest not to become addicted again LOL... Man, almost 1.5 years of my life full time i spent on this forum every day - It served its purpose and I most defiently made use of it and did it ever save me in so many ways !!!!

Thanks so Much Charlie for you answer to the police report time line. April - June 2010.

Here is the cover letter I provided.

I think a few things may be different now... I believe someone said that you no longer take the police report to a next place office and that you actually send it in with your application now? Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, then where I wrote on my cover letter.. Police report to be obtained. You will need to add the police report. Also, does anyone know when this new rule took place if it actually is a new rule???

BY COURIER

March 19, 2009

Case Processing Centre
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, Ontario
L4Z 1H8

Dear Sir/Madam:

RE: Spousal Sponsorship Overseas
Applicant: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DOB: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CIT: Jamaican
Sponsor: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DOB: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
CIT: British / Canadian Permanent Resident

Enclosures:

Enclosed, please find the following documentation in support of the Application:

1. IMM1344A – Application to Sponsor and Undertaking;
2. IMM1344B – Sponsorship Agreement;
3. IMM5481 – Sponsorship Evaluation;
4. IMM5540 – Sponsorship Questionnaire;
5. Fee receipt totalling $1040.00. $490.00 for Right of Permanent Residence fee, $75.00 for Sponsorship Application, $475.00 for Principal Applicant- Family Class;
6. IMM0008 – Application for Permanent Residence in Canada for the applicant;
7. IMM0008 – Schedule 1 Background/Declaration for the applicant;
8. IMM5490 –Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire completed by the applicant;
9. IMM5406 – Additional Family Information Form for the applicant;

Documents with respect to the Applicant, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

10. Eight (8) recent photos for the Applicant as per guideline;
11. Original proof of completion of medical examinations – Medical Report IMM1017EFC by the Applicant, completed on February 9th, 2009;
12. To be obtained: Original Police Clearance from Jamaica;
13. Copy of Passport;
14. Copy of Birth Certificate;

Documents with respect to the Sponsor, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

15. Copy of British Birth Certificate;
16. Copy of Canadian Permanent Residence Card;
17. Copy of British Passport;
18. Copy of Wedding Certificate;
19. Copy of Certified Copy of Marriage Register;
20. Original job letter for the sponsor from XXXXXXXXXXXXX. dated March 11th, 2009;
21. Copy of T4 for tax year 2008;
22. Original Option C printout from Revenue Canada for tax year 2007 for the sponsor;

Documents with respect to both the sponsor, XXXXXXXXX and the applicant, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

23. Original photographs together;
24. Original letter of Support from XXXXXXX, the sponsor;
25. Original letter of support from XXXXXX, friend of the sponsor, XXXXXXXX including photocopy of passport;
26. Original letter of support from XXXXXXXX, friend of sponsor, XXXXXXX including photocopy of passport and travel documentation;
27. Original letter of support from XXXXXXXXX, Mother of sponsor, XXXXXXXXX;
28. Original letter of support from XXXXXX and XXXXXXXX, Mother and Father of applicant, XXXXXXXXX;
29. Copy of cards given to sponsor and applicant for special occasion;
30. Copy of cards and letters given to sponsor from applicant for special occasion;
31. Copy of receipt - Proof of Payment for XXXXXXXXX Restaurant (Wedding Reception) totalling $XXXXXX CDN;
32. Copy of receipt – Proof of Payment for Wedding at XXXXXXXXXXX $XXXXXXX USD;
33. Copy of Rogers Communication phone bills since January 2008 showing calls to applicant from sponsor (outgoing only, incoming calls unavailable from Rogers Communication due to privacy reasons);
34. Copy of Original Receipt for mandatory Police Record for applicant;
35. Copy of Receipt for mandatory Medical Record for applicant;
36. Copy of Receipt for phone purchased by applicant for unlimited long distance overseas calling dated February 4, 2008;
37. Copy of the sponsors passport pages showing dates travelled to Jamaica;
38. Copy of the sponsors boarding passes, electronic tickets, confirmations and correspondence with hotels;

I put everything in one big envelope and I used one of those massive clips to hold it together.. My application was about 2.5 - 3 inches thick. I also used 2 small envelopes, One for the photos of family and friends and wedding etc, and one for the 8 photos as per guidlines.

Remember to write on the back of ONE photo as directed. I wrote on the back of all of them and had to redo the photos.

I would highly recommend to get at least 16 photos done when the applicant gets there photos done just incase instead of only 8.

Make sure to make 2 copies of the file. One for the applicant and one for the sponsor.

As mentioned in my previous posts, you can TRY to elimate a prolonged case by adding REAL and NOT PHOTOCOPIED birth certificate of applicant and marriage certificate.

Paying all fees at once if possible MAY also help your case run smoother because it MAY elimate one step of asking you for a fee.

If you are unable to pay all the fees at once then I recommend that once you are able to pay the last fee you do so.... before they have to ask you!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Awww... i forgot how much time this kills at work.. LOL...

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
KC???????

A really you that mummy :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So good to see u girlie!!!

awww...welcome back!!!!!!!!

See...i know KC is gonna bring us some luck..... :D ;D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Hey kc! Nice to hear from you!!

I read that it was the police checks prior to june 14

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
LOL Sheraig... its not my duppy dont worry. :eek: hahah....I know tho right, missing for so long.. sometimes you need to take a break. I wasnt even checking and when I came on today I swore I would see a whole leap of UPDATES... but man are they scarce!

Nae-Nae :) Hope all is well... Prior to June 14th okay thanks... Looks like my friend is going to have to redo their police check.. she wont be overly happy about that. So I take it this is something that you have to wait for KNG to request? or have people gone and re-done it on their own?

And does anyone have an answer about if the police check is to be obtained by KNG now or if it is to be sent with the application - Not a police re-do but the original police check?

What a bummer eh? Boy they are not easy at all!!! Just another road block for you fine folks waiting to get your lovers home... and imagine the stress for those who had to get a police re-do during those times... they have to get a police check for a 3rd time....

Stay strong people... god is good!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kc it is very confusing.....I'm not sure when things changed but there is 2 document check lists you have to follow....one for the sponsorship and one for the Country you are living in. The Sponsorship document check list asks for a copy of the marriage certificate while the document checklist for Jamaica says your birth certificate and marriage certificate must be sent...ambiguous because it doesn't specify originals but it definitely does not say photocopies of the documents. The police record or check has to be sent in with the application. I copied this from the Jamaica guide

IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Provide birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of Household Registries) for you and each of your family members (children's birth certificates must name their parents). If you are a national of Haiti, you must provide an extract from the Archives of the birth certificates (declaration made at birth) and baptism certificates legalized by the diocese or the Ministère des Cultes for you and your family members.
If you are married, you must include a marriage certificate. If you are now divorced, you must include final divorce certificates; if separated, a separation certificate. If your former spouse or common-law partner is deceased, you must include your spouse's or partner's death certificate (even if you are re-married). If your marriage was annulled, a copy of the annulment.
Unmarried Cuban nationals must provide their solteria.
Photocopy of Citizenship Certificate, Permanent Resident Card or Immigrant Visa for any family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
If you are in a common-law or conjugal relationship, provide proof of that relationship.

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR
If you are being sponsored by your parent, you must provide proof of the relationship such as birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document naming your parents.
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as wedding photos or proof that you are partners, letters between you and your sponsor, and telephone bills showing contact between you and your sponsor. Note: Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices.
Proof of your sponsor's visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of pages of your sponsor's passport showing entry/exit stamps.
If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances (antecedentes penales) from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s). Please consult our Web site at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

the Jamaica guide can be found here if anyone is looking for it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

my husband had his police check done on Apr 29/10 so they will probably ask for a new one....I thought it would be best to wait to see if they ask for a re-do

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi Nae Nae,

From reading that I believe its the same way as before if i am not mistaken?? ... The only time you include the police certificate with application is if you are applying from Canada or out of the country.?? these things are so hard to read and do not go into details...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/jamaica.asp

How to obtain a police certificate
Jamaica
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, all applicants aged 18 or older must provide a police certificate.

How or where do I obtain one?

If you live in Jamaica
You must apply in person at this address:

Ministry of National Security
Mutual Life Building - North Tower
2 Oxford Road, Ground Floor
Kingston 5
Jamaica

For your application, you will need:

your valid passport
two identical passport-size photographs
pay the applicable fees. Fees are $1000JMD (normal service) or $2000JMD (express 1 week service). Note that Fees are subject to change.
You will be issued a receipt, which you must then bring to:

The Criminal Records Office
Police Certificate Section
34 Duke Street, Kingston
Jamaica

Note: For your application, you may be required to submit fingerprints. If so, follow these instructions:

Go to the police station closest to where you live.
Bring a valid passport.
Request that your fingerprints be taken on the prescribed Jamaican Police form.
Advise the police officer that the fingerprints are required for immigration purposes.
The police officer will affix the Police Station's stamp and seal to the form on which the fingerprints are taken and return it to you.
If you live outside Jamaica
You may apply in person or ask a representative to act on your behalf in Jamaica.
To obtain a police certificate, you or your representative can submit your application to:

Assistant Commissioner of Police
Criminal Investigation Branch
East Queen St.
P.O. Box 462
Kingston, Jamaica
Include with your application:

If you are applying from Canada, submit your complete mailing address in Canada so that the police certificate may be mailed directly to you.
Two photographs
The applicable fees in the form of a manager's cheque or a bank draft. Fees are $1000JMD (normal service) or $2000JMD (express 1 week service). Note that fees are subject to change.

So it is still the same procedure for first time police clearances?

Some countries do ask for originals some dont, some ask for the medical and police check to be sent with application some dont... it seems that JA doesnt ask for anything that could possibly speed up an application and makes things real difficult. ie. Sending medicals to T&T. Sending Police report to be obtained from Duke street, Asking for Photocopies instead of Originals etc....

Even though I do know some people who have sent their Police report with the original package... I think as long as they get it... they are satisfied.

I was more curious to see if people needed to go to the second place and drop off the reciept at DUKE street. Because that is what my friend did and I just wanted to make sure that it was still a legit way to do it.

For those who sent in the police clearnace with the package I am sure that It would be just as fine!!

Thanks for the help Nae Nae

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
lol kc you're right...KG doesn't seem to ask for anything that could speed up an application! it definitely is confusing when they are not consistent in their instructions...the blurb I copied was from the documents checklist in the Country Specific Guide for JA which is dated March 2010. So I would think that is the most up to date information they have posted????

All I do know for sure is that my husband went, paid, they told him to come back in 3 days and gave him a police clearance record and told him to send it in with his application. He wasn't given a receipt and told to send that in with the application like many of the others. I have no idea why it was different.

the link doesn't say anything about submitting an original police clearance or just the receipt...but the documents checklist in the JA guide says you must attach the original police documents. They don't say what those documents are .... could be the receipt or the actual clearance record.

oh well....they sure don't want to make it easy for people to understand

now watch and see....KG will ask some people for police re-do's and not others...that's usually how they roll lol