15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hey JamFam...Cafelatte I'm so glad you are going to see hubby! Happy 5 years love, I'm sorry you don't get to share it together - but this will be the LAST one apart, it has to be! :) I can definitely understand why you've been depressed, I sure do hope your time is nearly over and your hubby will get to join you before the year is out!

I am pumped to be going to JA in October...29 more days!! bring. it. on!

Also!! 6 more days until landing NINI!!! I'm so pumped about that!! Looks like the JamFam could REALLY use a landing story to cheer everyone up a bit! (and give us an excuse to bawl at our desks in happiness :p)

*1 Cor 13:7 'Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures all things'

It's just a matter of time and the love we have for our spouses will be worth it all! xoxo
Thanks Mrs Parkin. Yes I'm looking forward my next trip to JA, in 38 days for me though. Hubby's earth strong is not to be neglected especially because he will be starting a new decade :p

I am confident that it will be our last anniversary being appart. Christmas, my Bday, and every other family gatering WE will be there together ;D

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
Twoheartsonelove said:
Cafelatte hang in there your time is soon coming as well!! We all on this forum understand the depression, anger and frustration that each feels so please do not be a stranger. We are here to help encourage and support one another. Congrats on 5 years of being together!! I am going to pray that your trip down in October means he returns with you!! When will you be there and where on the island? MrsP and I will be there mid october and plan to meet for dinner and a movie with our hubbies ;D

Does the Quebec sponsorship take a bit longer than the other provinces since there is an additional step to do?
I know, I can feel it. Not long to suffer still. It starts to get cold these days, summer's over, Kingston will send us our man to keep us warm (or should I say that we'll have to keep them warm big time ;)). It freaks my hubby out a tiny bit.

Quebec selection certificate and sponsorship approval from Qc are done and over with a long time ago, took about two months after submitting the application. I needed to be approved by Canada as a sponsor first, but I sent everything as soon as I got appoved by CIC. So in June 2013 it was already done and we sent it to KG in October 2013.

My Hubby lives in the bushes LOL! My sweet country love lives in Trelawny. But we always go to Mo bay or Kingston sometimes during the week to visit friends and family. I'll be in JA from Oct. 12-19th. PM me and we'll gladly meet you guys if we can go to Mo bay that day for a Jam Fam get together.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
cafelatte02 said:
I know, I can feel it. Not long to suffer still. It starts to get cold these days, summer's over, Kingston will send us our man to keep us warm (or should I say that we'll have to keep them warm big time ;)). It freaks my hubby out a tiny bit.

Quebec selection certificate and sponsorship approval from Qc are done and over with a long time ago, took about two months after submitting the application. I needed to be approved by Canada as a sponsor first, but I sent everything as soon as I got appoved by CIC. So in June 2013 it was already done and we sent it to KG in October 2013.

My Hubby lives in the bushes LOL! My sweet country love lives in Trelawny. But we always go to Mo bay or Kingston sometimes during the week to visit friends and family. I'll be in JA from Oct. 12-19th. PM me and we'll gladly meet you guys if we can go to Mo bay that day for a Jam Fam get together.
They forget about me, I will be in JA also in October 10 to 17 and will be in Mobay. Mais bon au pire on se fera un party de Quebecois avec notre super accent français!! ;)

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
MelJam said:
They forget about me, I will be in JA also in October 10 to 17 and will be in Mobay. Mais bon au pire on se fera un party de Quebecois avec notre super accent français!! ;)
Lol Mel, tu parles :p nos époux vont avoir un avant goût du patois Québécois!
You'll stay in an hotel or hubby lives in MoBay? Give me some details, I always book last minute and might postpone my trip if they contact hubby until then because I only have two weeks of vacations left and I want to stay with him one week here to help him settle, do the paper work and all when he gets here. Only God knows how it will go... I truly hope that I won't have to do that, make a B'day baby and come back with him at the end of the week. A girl can dream.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
cafelatte02 said:
Lol Mel, tu parles :p nos époux vont avoir un avant goût du patois Québécois!
You'll stay in an hotel or hubby lives in MoBay? Give me some details, I always book last minute and might postpone my trip if they contact hubby until then because I only have two weeks of vacations left and I want to stay with him one week here to help him settle, do the paper work and all when he gets here. Only God knows how it will go... I truly hope that I won't have to do that, make a B'day baby and come back with him at the end of the week. A girl can dream.
Yay sounds so good !!! IMAGINE!!! hihihi! Hubby lives in Kingston but this time we going to Sunset beach resort and waterpark Mobay because my parents and my brother will come too! And its also my birthday and my mom birthday during the trip ( 13 and 14) so we will have real vacation....no cooking no cleaning no laundry lolol So let me know when you know your plan! It would be great to have a JamFam get together as you mentionned! Mon mari est deja initié a notre patois Quebecois, quand je suis fâché je le curse en quebecois lolol Do you teach french to your hubby!? Me I always do and he likes it so much. ☺

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
MelJam said:
Yay sounds so good !!! IMAGINE!!! hihihi! Hubby lives in Kingston but this time we going to Sunset beach resort and waterpark Mobay because my parents and my brother will come too! And its also my birthday and my mom birthday during the trip ( 13 and 14) so we will have real vacation....no cooking no cleaning no laundry lolol So let me know when you know your plan! It would be great to have a JamFam get together as you mentionned! Mon mari est deja initié a notre patois Quebecois, quand je suis fâché je le curse en quebecois lolol Do you teach french to your hubby!? Me I always do and he likes it so much. ☺
Great for you guys, Sunset beach is a nice hotel, that is were we got married! Don't know if it's the first time you'll stay there but you'll love it! Jamaican owner so we can get Jamaican food at the buffet restaurant and good oxtail raviolis at the caribbean à la carte.

Hubby's birthday is Oct 12th, if everything goes the way it should, I land in Sangster's Int'l on his B'day. So a bunch of libra hey, hey! Wonder if female are as thin skin and thick skull as the male Bahahaaha!

Yes I do try to make him learn French and he loves it too, but it's difficult because he can't practice much in JA. He knows few sentence and understand a bit but it will be much easier when he gets here and will be surrounded by French Canadians. When we went to Rick's cafe in Negril last June during our 2nd anniversary vacations, there were three Quebecer's female talking together at the next table and he told me they are Quebecer's right, and they want to order chicken lol! I wanted to hug him. He surprise me all the time. I too curse in French when I'm upset, I cannot hide myself anymore, he understands as much as I do when he speaks patois lol!!! Amazing how our mother tongue gets out naturally when something gets to you :p

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
yes, THOR! I also checked the POS thread and saw that some people were getting in within 3-4 months. that's nuts! then there are some with 2 years...still waiting? it confused me, looks like a person there has been active for 2 years but just submitting there application last week...I dunno. Either way! some have gotten PPR from 2014 there! *fingers crossed*

SAmmy, did a supervisor ever call you back!?!
Hello ladies! Its been a while.

Ive read 6 pages and all I'm hearing is that files are being transferred to POS, Sammy is pregnant (again?!!!!) And people aren't getting answers. I thought there would be more happy but of course not ... grrrr kingston grrrr.

However I have what I believe to be PROOF of good news for those files going to POS. My friend that filed in march of 2014's husband landed 2 weeks ago. So POS IS much faster than KIN. From our experience with her app. Which is frustrating but we are all happy he is here.

Now for my update (for those who don't know me it took 12 months for my hubby to be approved and he landed May 29th 2014.) He finally got a job guys!!!! IN HIS FIELD (heavy equipment operating). It was rough. He had 2 interviews for jobs a while ago and then nothing. He constantly applied to more and more companies but a lot of them required he have his class 5 AB driver's license. (OH YA! He finished his driver's training and passed his advanced road test a week ago). So right after he got his driver's license he had 2 more interviews. The first the guy was not helpful at all and just told him to load the truck without answering his question as to how much goes in the trucks here (because in Jamaica they load it as much as possible and he figured that wasn't the case here. He was right.) So he went on to the next interview right after and was hired right away after a few questions! He works 10 hr days mostly and is currently passed out beside me.

I hope be in here more and keep up to date so I am less confused when I read. I appreciated you all when I needed the hand ears to listen to my whining so I want to help to.

Have a blessed evening and keep chanting. Glad to see that stuck!!!

PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR!!!!!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Good morning jamfam hope everyone is ok and don't let this process stress you
So instead of getting any info from immigration I get an email from Trinidad! So yea my hubby file has been transfer to pos!

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
yes, I finally got confirmation by email just a few minutes ago that we are in POS. just that generic one saying "your file's been rec'd by CIC on oCt 1, 2013..." and how to get infomation etc.

Here's to hearing something on this lovely friday...cheers!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Okay, we're in September, so I definitely think that we are due for a PPR... COME ON KINGSTON!!!!!

I'm just CRAVING some news and an upbeat flava in this forum ::) :(

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Mrs. Parkin said:
yes, I finally got confirmation by email just a few minutes ago that we are in POS. just that generic one saying "your file's been rec'd by CIC on oCt 1, 2013..." and how to get infomation etc.

Me too mrs Davis

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Hello ladies! Its been a while.

Ive read 6 pages and all I'm hearing is that files are being transferred to POS, Sammy is pregnant (again?!!!!) And people aren't getting answers. I thought there would be more happy but of course not ... grrrr kingston grrrr.

However I have what I believe to be PROOF of good news for those files going to POS. My friend that filed in march of 2014's husband landed 2 weeks ago. So POS IS much faster than KIN. From our experience with her app. Which is frustrating but we are all happy he is here.

Now for my update (for those who don't know me it took 12 months for my hubby to be approved and he landed May 29th 2014.) He finally got a job guys!!!! IN HIS FIELD (heavy equipment operating). It was rough. He had 2 interviews for jobs a while ago and then nothing. He constantly applied to more and more companies but a lot of them required he have his class 5 AB driver's license. (OH YA! He finished his driver's training and passed his advanced road test a week ago). So right after he got his driver's license he had 2 more interviews. The first the guy was not helpful at all and just told him to load the truck without answering his question as to how much goes in the trucks here (because in Jamaica they load it as much as possible and he figured that wasn't the case here. He was right.) So he went on to the next interview right after and was hired right away after a few questions! He works 10 hr days mostly and is currently passed out beside me.

I hope be in here more and keep up to date so I am less confused when I read. I appreciated you all when I needed the hand ears to listen to my whining so I want to help to.

Have a blessed evening and keep chanting. Glad to see that stuck!!!

PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR!!!!!
Hello Janadian and thank you for checking in on us. Always happy to hear the PTKF (post traumatic Kingston forum) landing stories and also how the spouses are adjusting and been up to. Also thanks for letting us know about your PoS friend and her timeline. Do you know which country they were from? I ask bc someone mentioned that the ppl from Guyana seem to get through quicker and wondering if your friend was from Trinidad or another country that applies through PoS.

We are all hopeful that KGN will get their sh!t together and process the older 2013 files and also that those of us that were transferred to PoS get our files looked at sooner!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Parkin said:

MrsP and LDH - that is wonderful news bc it seems like PoS is on top of things!! I had emailed them earlier this week to ask if they received the PC that I sent to KGN and they responded within the hour to say that the file is there and that KGN will forward the PC to them.

UGGGHHHH dare we get a little excited?!?!?!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Ninirae said:
Okay, we're in September, so I definitely think that we are due for a PPR... COME ON KINGSTON!!!!!

I'm just CRAVING some news and an upbeat flava in this forum ::) :(
I'm with you Nini!! We need some postitive vibes and happy messages PRONTO!!! Let's at least end this week with one (or a few) PPRs!!!

PPR PPR PPR PPR...KGN and PoS send out some...PPR PPR PPR

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
cafelatte02 said:
Great for you guys, Sunset beach is a nice hotel, that is were we got married! Don't know if it's the first time you'll stay there but you'll love it! Jamaican owner so we can get Jamaican food at the buffet restaurant and good oxtail raviolis at the caribbean à la carte.

Hubby's birthday is Oct 12th, if everything goes the way it should, I land in Sangster's Int'l on his B'day. So a bunch of libra hey, hey! Wonder if female are as thin skin and thick skull as the male Bahahaaha!

Yes I do try to make him learn French and he loves it too, but it's difficult because he can't practice much in JA. He knows few sentence and understand a bit but it will be much easier when he gets here and will be surrounded by French Canadians. When we went to Rick's cafe in Negril last June during our 2nd anniversary vacations, there were three Quebecer's female talking together at the next table and he told me they are Quebecer's right, and they want to order chicken lol! I wanted to hug him. He surprise me all the time. I too curse in French when I'm upset, I cannot hide myself anymore, he understands as much as I do when he speaks patois lol!!! Amazing how our mother tongue gets out naturally when something gets to you :p
I never stayed to Sunset before, I just never stayed in an hotel since I don't know how much years now. Thats why I so excited to go this time. I got married in a Portmore Church (not a paradise beach view marriage lol) and always spending time in Kingston and Mandeville since my parents-in-law lives there. So sometimes I don't go to the beach at all when I go to Jamaica. The way you describe the hotel looks fantastic, and I know my daughter and nephew will enoy the water slides as well! :)

Yes its gonna be a big Libra celebration! Hihihihhih I planned to go Daville on the Thursday night (16) if you guys up too !

Languages are so interresting to learn! I do learned patois and I always suprised when I listen to dancehall music like Kartel and can understand the entire song ! This is a great feeling, and its exactly the same for him, sometimes,when I ask a lighter (exemple) to someone in french he gives me one ! I'm like : Bae !! You understand what Im saying !! This is so niiiiice !! :D He likes the fact that we talk and nobody understand around, so he wants to manage to speak french absolutely! :D