+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
So they received everything in Kingston on September 16, 2013 according to my CIC application status website.. and yes through Kingston, Jamaica.. is everything just going slower? If Police/Medical expire at 9 months/12 months we will have to get them re-done.. it's just frustrating not hearing anything at all... :(

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ballasgirl said:
So they received everything in Kingston on September 16, 2013 according to my CIC application status website.. and yes through Kingston, Jamaica.. is everything just going slower? If Police/Medical expire at 9 months/12 months we will have to get them re-done.. it's just frustrating not hearing anything at all... :(
Yes welcome to the Kingston Visa office...where they are running on Caribbean time for sure!!

The office is slow but it will be worth it in the end when your spouse is here.

Police check you HAVE to redo when it expires. Get a new one done asap and send to the High Commission so they have it

Medical there are 2 things - 1 they can extended it if it's within 15 months of it being done or 2 they will ask you to redo it. All depends on the VO's mood that day I guess or what is happening on your file. You can always email them to see if they have extended it or not.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
ballasgirl said:
Without a doubt this is the most frustrating experience that any and/or most of us have ever encountered. CIC posted earlier this week that processing times for KGN is 27 months for applications to be done by. Having said that we find that most people in the past have been getting through between 12-16 months, but of course some were sooner (very few) and many longer time periods.

Police Certificate - many of us that had expired/expiring PC we would redo them and have them ready for when KGN requests new one and a few of us actually sent the new PC to KGN ahead of them asking.

Medical - recommended that you email KGN when expires to ask if they will be issuing an extension for it. In the past many people have had their medicals extended an additional 4-5 months so that a new one was not required.

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have went on the website and they "say" not to send anything until they request it.. and it gives me a phone number which just makes me press buttons until they finally tell me we can't call, only email. So frustrating.. then when I email them they tell me not to contact them because they can't give me any update like that... I'm so lost, me n my husband are fighting over nothing it seems, he's stressed, I'm stressed, and I'm trying to explain it's going to be sometime soon as we are now coming to a year... I just feel stuck. :eek:

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ballasgirl said:
I have went on the website and they "say" not to send anything until they request it.. and it gives me a phone number which just makes me press buttons until they finally tell me we can't call, only email. So frustrating.. then when I email them they tell me not to contact them because they can't give me any update like that... I'm so lost, me n my husband are fighting over nothing it seems, he's stressed, I'm stressed, and I'm trying to explain it's going to be sometime soon as we are now coming to a year... I just feel stuck. :eek:
We all feel the same way. This will be one of the most stressful things you will ever go through. The fighting with your spouse is just frustrations that you are both having. I've been through it and I know others on here have as well. You just have to remember that once this is all over the waiting will be a distant memory.

They won't give any updates by email unless it's about extending your medicals. They won't tell you where they are on your file or anything. They ask you not to send in information like new pics, travel docs etc as it holds them up from working on the apps. I don't see why they say this as it shows proof that you've been down there visiting and your relationship is real. I have emailed this info over to them and i know they received it, however they never emailed back.

As for the new Police check - yes you 100% can send this in before they request it. Many on here have done it.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ballasgirl said:
Thank you so much I will let him know to go do that. Thanks again.
You're welcome and good luck

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
I was just looking on the spreadsheet and I was wondering if anyone knows of any updates for the following JamFam members; dlmo77, waitingonforever, Cblgr, Jboo, Cafelatte02, istheendnear...

dlmo77 is at 27 months!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: and WOF is at two years but I see she had to appeal -- what does that mean? how long does she have to wait to appeal...does anyone know anything about that?
i am still waiting :(
no word on anything just the email response i had posed last week or something... kingston sucks right now!

I try and keep off for a bit and check back eager to hear good news, but this time it isnt so happy!! 27 months now?!?!?!? wtf?!!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
PC redo request 05-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013 expired then extended
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
i truly am sad and disheartened by all that is happening to us!!! from the ones who have been waiting loooooooooong past their times, and the processing times changing again for the worst...i mean i just can't believe they think that its acceptable to make us wait 25 oh wait sorry..27 months!!!!

i'm angry and frustrated, along with the rest of you who have been positive for soooo long without any assurance of moving forward with our husbands.

Congrats on the baby Sammy....you are one strong lady and i pray for you.

truthfully i pray for all of us! hopefully one day soon we can all say our *censored word*ty relationships with immigration is one of the past!!!

COMMON KINGSTON OR PORT OF SPAIN GET IT TOGETHER!!! CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE DESTROYING LIVES AND FAMILIES!!!! :mad:

[size=10pt]PPR [/size][size=10pt]PPR[/size][size=10pt]PPR[/size]

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Jah-Canadian said:
i truly am sad and disheartened by all that is happening to us!!! from the ones who have been waiting loooooooooong past their times, and the processing times changing again for the worst...i mean i just can't believe they think that its acceptable to make us wait 25 oh wait sorry..27 months!!!!

i'm angry and frustrated, along with the rest of you who have been positive for soooo long without any assurance of moving forward with our husbands.

Congrats on the baby Sammy....you are one strong lady and i pray for you.

truthfully i pray for all of us! hopefully one day soon we can all say our *censored word*ty relationships with immigration is one of the past!!!

COMMON KINGSTON OR PORT OF SPAIN GET IT TOGETHER!!! CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE DESTROYING LIVES AND FAMILIES!!!! :mad:

[size=10pt]PPR [/size][size=10pt]PPR[/size][size=10pt]PPR[/size]
I'll second that! This is beyond frustrating 27 months now?!?! I just got my notes in and nothing has been touched since June 10th :( we are on 14 months since transfered to Kingston :( come on Kingston and pos please send out some of our 2013 ppr soon we need our spouses and there children need there ja fathers/mothers

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
:) hey jamfam... Hope everyone is holding on thru this crazy process... I am in sunny JA. Relaxing with huddy. This process has caused me freat frustration as I know it has to many of us. But I still believe it has to come to an end some day. They can't hold the files forever.
Still chanting for ur Sammy, babies need daddy
Cafalette ur time is coming too dear
For those who have reached the one year mark n the fighting n frustration has started keep holding on... Don't. Take it to heart we have all been there. Spend some time with ur spouse n use this as an opportunity to build a closer bond.

Let the chant continue PPR PPR PPR

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hello Kingston. .

Long time no talk. Some of the older members will remember me.. to the newbies, I'm from the POS group. Applied as common-law and now have to apply as married (I won't vent about that right now lol).

So I am not as active on the forums as I was the first time around ... but I was intrigued today when I heard that KGN files were being sent to POS. Whoa. I've never seen this. Not sure if it is good or bad. In theory this should mean POS is going through a pica tons so fast that our officers are willing to take on KGN applications so we can all rejoice simultaneously. However I'm not hearing a lot out of POS lately and my secret fear is that it will slow down processing of POS applicants (as I'm sure you would be concerned about if POS started sending apps to KGN).

Can someone give me the down - low? Is this only new apps? Or any apps they want? Is this work on or speeding things up? Any news would be helpful :) I feel like I'm in the dark. . I used to read these forums with scary diligence... however I've become a bit jaded. I'm working on catching up ;)

I like the ppr chant!

Miss D (now Mrs. D)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MissDominica said:
Hello Kingston. .

Long time no talk. Some of the older members will remember me.. to the newbies, I'm from the POS group. Applied as common-law and now have to apply as married (I won't vent about that right now lol).

So I am not as active on the forums as I was the first time around ... but I was intrigued today when I heard that KGN files were being sent to POS. Whoa. I've never seen this. Not sure if it is good or bad. In theory this should mean POS is going through a pica tons so fast that our officers are willing to take on KGN applications so we can all rejoice simultaneously. However I'm not hearing a lot out of POS lately and my secret fear is that it will slow down processing of POS applicants (as I'm sure you would be concerned about if POS started sending apps to KGN).

Can someone give me the down - low? Is this only new apps? Or any apps they want? Is this work on or speeding things up? Any news would be helpful :) I feel like I'm in the dark. . I used to read these forums with scary diligence... however I've become a bit jaded. I'm working on catching up ;)

I like the ppr chant!

Miss D (now Mrs. D)
Hello MrsD and welcome to our little side of the forum! yes it is true that some of our files were transferred to PoS late last month from what we can ascertain. Looks like at least 6 of us that filed between Sept-Oct 2013. IMO we are probably the "next batch" that KGN needed to start but couldn't until they clear up what they obviously have a backlog of older files. Hoping this means PoS will get to them soon and also clean up their own older files. Unbelievalbe that ANYONE (no matter which VO office they are in around the world) can get through in 3-4 months...that is beyond amazing and really shows you how UNFAIR this whold process is!!

Look forward to hearing more from you MrsD in the JAMFAM and PoS.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Hello MrsD and welcome to our little side of the forum! yes it is true that some of our files were transferred to PoS late last month from what we can ascertain. Looks like at least 6 of us that filed between Sept-Oct 2013. IMO we are probably the "next batch" that KGN needed to start but couldn't until they clear up what they obviously have a backlog of older files. Hoping this means PoS will get to them soon and also clean up their own older files. Unbelievalbe that ANYONE (no matter which VO office they are in around the world) can get through in 3-4 months...that is beyond amazing and really shows you how UNFAIR this whold process is!!

Look forward to hearing more from you MrsD in the JAMFAM and PoS.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully that will be good news for u guys. Whose getting through in 3 months? From our forum there seems to be some favoritism with Guyana at POS (apps getting through in a few months while others wait years) but I guess it could be a coincidence. This process is definitely unfair. Fingers crossed that we are all on the other side of it soon. I started way back in Aug 2012 so I feel ya. Hugs

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
CanJam said:
Good Afternoon JamFam,

Chanting PPR PPR PPR for you guys!

@ Cafelatte, hold on girl... You are near the end, going to see hubby is a Great idea! ;)

To the other JamFam members whose hubby/ wifey have landed please drop a line to let us know how it is going ;D

Almost a month since hubby landed, he has integrated well, things have really fallen into place
...we are HAPPY :-*

Thank you Canjam, very nice of you. Oh yeah it will be sweet! We can't wait to see each other, four month waiting in between each time, feels like an eternity!!!

Your hubby integrated well only after a month, I'm glad for you two and it is very encouraging for us. My hubby can't wait to be with me, but in the mean time he know it will be a lot of changes for him. We'll take it one step at the time :)