not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
I never stayed to Sunset before, I just never stayed in an hotel since I don't know how much years now. Thats why I so excited to go this time. I got married in a Portmore Church (not a paradise beach view marriage lol) and always spending time in Kingston and Mandeville since my parents-in-law lives there. So sometimes I don't go to the beach at all when I go to Jamaica. The way you describe the hotel looks fantastic, and I know my daughter and nephew will enoy the water slides as well! :)

Yes its gonna be a big Libra celebration! Hihihihhih I planned to go Daville on the Thursday night (16) if you guys up too !

Languages are so interresting to learn! I do learned patois and I always suprised when I listen to dancehall music like Kartel and can understand the entire song ! This is a great feeling, and its exactly the same for him, sometimes,when I ask a lighter (exemple) to someone in french he gives me one ! I'm like : Bae !! You understand what Im saying !! This is so niiiiice !! :D He likes the fact that we talk and nobody understand around, so he wants to manage to speak french absolutely! :D
Mel you going to be at Margarittaville on Thurs 16th? Maybe we will plan to be there as well and we can meet up!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
They forget about me, I will be in JA also in October 10 to 17 and will be in Mobay. Mais bon au pire on se fera un party de Quebecois avec notre super accent français!! ;)
NEVER forget about you Mel!! LOL! I've stayed at Sunset before and it is pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the beach chairs were HORRIBLE (meaning broken, ripped, stained and very few) but I am sure that they fixed that issue by now. Especially since they renovated a part of the hotel now (Oasis side).

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
NEVER forget about you Mel!! LOL! I've stayed at Sunset before and it is pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the beach chairs were HORRIBLE (meaning broken, ripped, stained and very few) but I am sure that they fixed that issue by now. Especially since they renovated a part of the hotel now (Oasis side).
LOL I was joking ! ;) I knew we had enough time to plan something about this JAM Fam get together !! Yes it would be very nice to meet up there if you guys are available! I cant miss a Thursday at Margaritaville, it just so fun!

Oh yes I am happy to hear this, I just cant wait to see this resort. It looks so big ! I guess the chairs will be fixed also and if not, well I will lay down on the sand and make angels !! lolol

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
I sent an email to PoS and my file is now in Trinidad!!! Last week it was in Kingston ! They work man ! They work !!!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
MelJam said:
I sent an email to PoS and my file is now in Trinidad!!! Last week it was in Kingston ! They work man ! They work !!!
Good news! POS tend to work faster, better for you guys and better for us too the old timers LOL! Did hubby sent his PC to KG already, or you were waiting to see if your app was in Trini?

I will definately try to join the JAM FAM party at Margaritaville on the ladies night. Thursday are always packed with people and they invite good DJ's

Maybe will have a drink or something earlier so that we can chat a bit and hear each other :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
cafelatte02 said:
Good news! POS tend to work faster, better for you guys and better for us too the old timers LOL! Did hubby sent his PC to KG already, or you were waiting to see if your app was in Trini?

I will definately try to join the JAM FAM party at Margaritaville on the ladies night. Thursday are always packed with people and they invite good DJ's

Maybe will have a drink or something earlier so that we can chat a bit and hear each other :D
Yes I feel excited, I really think its good news! :) Last week I called and they said my file was still in Kingston, so hubby sent his PC to Kingston last Monday. Tara confirmed delivery on Tuesday 2 in pm. So I don't know if my file was already forwarded at that moment of not. But in the email, they said : "Any document that was sent to the Kingston office will be forwarded to the Port of Spain office and attached to the relevant file."

Niiiiice it will be so nice, exactly, Thursdays are the best nights at Daville! We will keep in touch during the week so we could make good plan all together! :)

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MelJam said:
Yes I feel excited, I really think its good news! :) Last week I called and they said my file was still in Kingston, so hubby sent his PC to Kingston last Monday. Tara confirmed delivery on Tuesday 2 in pm. So I don't know if my file was already forwarded at that moment of not. But in the email, they said : "Any document that was sent to the Kingston office will be forwarded to the Port of Spain office and attached to the relevant file."

Niiiiice it will be so nice, exactly, Thursdays are the best nights at Daville! We will keep in touch during the week so we could make good plan all together! :)
Did you email POS to see if your file was there or did they contact you? I am now wondering if my file is in POS and not in Kingston anymore

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
sammystorm19 said:
Did you email POS to see if your file was there or did they contact you? I am now wondering if my file is in POS and not in Kingston anymore
I sent an email to PoS saying that I heard about files has been forwarded to their office from Kingston Jamaica and since I sent the new pc Monday to Kingston, I wondering if I made a mistake to sent it to Kingston. So they replied a few hours after confirming my file is in PoS and that any document sent to Kingston will be forwarded to PoS. And last week when I called CIC they said it was in Jamaica. So I start to be confident that they it will be faster now. + Mrs Parkin and me noticed that PoS looks fanatic to request interviews....but they cant make jamaicans traveilling for interviews...so I think they will fast track our files and get rid of it quickly ! :)

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
PC redo request 05-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013 expired then extended
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
okay so here it is and i dont know what this means...i called my MP yesterday as it was my bday and i was feeling extra down..another year(6 total) has passed and i am here alone waiting to get the chance to celebrate with my hubby, so today my MP called back and said the file was reviewed and they sent out a letter today for him to redo his Police record. They have put in for an extension on the Meds.
What does this really mean?
and does anyone know how long it takes for them to receive the letter by mail from kingston to st anns bay? is it delivered to his home or does he have to go look for it at the PO?
also... how long after these steps does it take to request passport? or interview?

someone please help... i dont want to get excited until i have all the info...

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MelJam said:
I sent an email to PoS saying that I heard about files has been forwarded to their office from Kingston Jamaica and since I sent the new pc Monday to Kingston, I wondering if I made a mistake to sent it to Kingston. So they replied a few hours after confirming my file is in PoS and that any document sent to Kingston will be forwarded to PoS. And last week when I called CIC they said it was in Jamaica. So I start to be confident that they it will be faster now. + Mrs Parkin and me noticed that PoS looks fanatic to request interviews....but they cant make jamaicans traveilling for interviews...so I think they will fast track our files and get rid of it quickly ! :)
Thanks...maybe I will email them and find out if my file is there

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Jah-Canadian said:
okay so here it is and i dont know what this means...i called my MP yesterday as it was my bday and i was feeling extra down..another year(6 total) has passed and i am here alone waiting to get the chance to celebrate with my hubby, so today my MP called back and said the file was reviewed and they sent out a letter today for him to redo his Police record. They have put in for an extension on the Meds.
and does anyone know how long it takes for them to receive the letter by mail from kingston to st anns bay? is it delivered to his home or does he have to go look for it at the PO?
also... how long after these steps does it take to request passport? or interview?

According to out notes we were asked to send in new PC on April 24th and CIC requested to extend his medical on the same day... We are now 4.5 months later and still nothing :( last info on our file was June 10th hasn't been touched since (or updated since) and this is according to the notes we received yesterday. But its different for everyone. Hang in there they can't hold our files for ever :)

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Jah-Canadian said:

If they have requested a new PC it means that they are almost done your file. They will send the letter to the address you have on fiel for your hubby. I am not sure how long it takes to mail something inter island but I would get him to check everyday if h can. They ususally give you 30-90 days to sumbit it. Get it done asap and send it in. You don't need the letter to do so.

This is GOOD NEWS!!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
sammystorm19 said:
Thanks...maybe I will email them and find out if my file is there
Yes you should do that, and they reply so quickly so you will know! :)

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Anyone know the email to use for contacting pos? There website has general and case specific?

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
steen said:
Anyone know the email to use for contacting pos? There website has general and case specific?
Thats the email address I used this morning and got a reply a few hours after : PSPAN-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca