January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
Thanks Nevaeha it's sad when my hubby had to go home 4 months after our wedding.
I'm sure it was a very sad time for both of you. :'(

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
Poor hubby on the plane crying people starring at him
Awww, poor thing; absolutely gut wrenching.

Hubby and I always have a hard time saying 'until we meet again' at the airport. I have shed a gazillion tears in the MoBay airport and I'm sure there are several people on this forum that have done exactly the same. You can tell I've been crying in EVERY picture we have taken at the airport when it's time for me to come back to Canada.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Nevaeha said:
Awww, poor thing; absolutely gut wrenching.

Hubby and I always have a hard time saying 'until we meet again' at the airport. I have shed a gazillion tears in the MoBay airport and I'm sure there are several people on this forum that have done exactly the same. You can tell I've been crying in EVERY picture we have taken at the airport when it's time for me to come back to Canada.
Aww I held my cries till I got home I didn't want to go on the bus alone looking like a wreck so I held off. A few days or a week later when you get back you go back to your normal self. It's just hard to say goodbye.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Good night fam. Sorry for the long absence, was getting the bedroom hooked up for hubbies arrival. Passports and police clearances will go off on Monday. I'm hoping by the end of the month hubby will be here, if all goes well.

Cee, so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law my dear, know that I'm praying for you and hubby. Big hugs coming your way, hang in there honey God knows all things best!

Tintin, hang in there my dear. Passport soon get returned. Come on Kingston send this man home to his wife already.

To my girl Moonie and hubby, don't have a throw down again without inviting me and tell hubby to go way back to ol' skool Beres Hammond. Yeah mon! Hook it up!

To all my other Fam's I hope all is well with everyone and I'm praying for you all, keep the faith and hang in there. I pray none of you have to endure the journey we have had to go through.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Just know that you're in my prayers. Just know that God loves you and will never leave nor forsake you and will harden you to difficulties. He will deliver on His promises. Just trust and believe but of course in His appointed time. Everyone has challenges so don't think you're alone but some are b igger than others but God will give you the peace that will pass all understanding but you have to believe and trust Him. Brighter days ahead.

chilld of God said:
there is a lot going on in my life right now that i cannot share on this forum.

I'm asking all the people of God on this thread to please pray for me.. I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEEEEED IT!

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
Nevaeha said:
Ms M! I knew someone would come out and play! :D

I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking. I'm feeling the best I have in about a week. I even made it into work today. I don't get sick often but when I do, watch out! I know what would cure me! Hubby getting the PPR call tomorrow! :p
I bet that is the best cure for everything that ails any of us.. will other than that drink you keep reminding us about!! Glad your feeling better!

chilld of God

Nov 15, 2012
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston (Jamaica)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23 2012
File Transfer...
July 11 2012
Med's Request
November 27 2013
Med's Done....
Febuary 8 2012 & December 4 2013
Interview........
NO NEEDED
Passport Req..
November 27 2013 Thank you Lord Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
January 22 2014
LANDED..........
January 26 2014
tamarindball said:
Just know that you're in my prayers. Just know that God loves you and will never leave nor forsake you and will harden you to difficulties. He will deliver on His promises. Just trust and believe but of course in His appointed time. Everyone has challenges so don't think you're alone but some are b igger than others but God will give you the peace that will pass all understanding but you have to believe and trust Him. Brighter days ahead.
thank you tamarindball

ambers

Feb 28, 2013
**REPOST AS RECOMMENDED BY ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER :)**

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I was searching for something like this with hopes that people who have gone through this process within the last maybe 5 or so years could shed some light for me.

My husband is a Jamaican resident. I am Canadian. We have been together for 3 years via long distance relationship. We also have a beautiful 1.5 year old daughter together.

I officially sent in our immigration paperwork on September 28, 2012 (our daughter's birthday coincidentally enough ). I found out in early November that I had been approved as the sponsor from Mississauga, Ontario.

I keep trying to look up to see if our case has at least been started. All I have heard since the sponsor approval was that our file would be sent to Kingston, JA. I have no idea if it is actually there right now (I would hope so as we are now into March of 2013!) and it states online that I cannot contact them expecting a response if it is "within the estimated time frame for processing." When I went to see how long that exactly is, it states 18 months!!!!

Please tell me that this is a huge overshot that they just put up to cover their butts and it is not actually another year and a half that we will be waiting at this point! Our daughter would be almost 3 years old by that time.

Under other circumstances, I would just honestly live in Jamaica while we waited this out. However, I have a son who is a grade 1 student here in Canada. Obviously I could not pull him from school (unless he can attend school in Jamaica? Anyone have any info on that?). So uprooting for even a temporary period of time is not optional.

I am incredibly depressed about this. We have gone through this for now 3 years and have somehow managed to tough that out. The reason for a late submission of the application was because I suffered huge post-partum depression once Emily was born and felt all kinds of crazy. Just such a total mess this is (or feels like).

My question to you lovely folks is, does it truly take 18 months? Has anyone actually experienced such a HUGE period of time to wait for their spouse from Jamaica?

I am just reaching out here because I do not know what to do or how to cope with another year apart. This is hurting our daughter the most which is what is breaking my heart.

Another thing I should mention: prior to our marriage in June 2011, we applied for a visitors visa for him. We did that around the beginning of May 2011. He has no criminal record, no past transgressions, etc. He was denied a visitors visa on October 16, 2011. Now that we are married and have an actual application sent in, and being that our income should be considered combined now, would we stand a shot at obtaining the visitors visa? He would have to go home unfortunately because he needs to be in Jamaica for immigration purposes and whatnot (this is our guarantee that he will NOT stay in Canada, he will return at the end of his visit). But it is incredibly easier for him to travel and visit us here, then it is for me to take my daughter (who is now walking and incredibly uninterested in sitting for a 4 hour flight) to Jamaica all the time. I can't even do that anymore because my son is in school and I am both kid's primary care giver. So what if I wrote a letter, submitted my bank statements to compliment his to show our income and stated our case....do you think we would still wind up denied? What are your thoughts on that?

Please, any advice would be truly appreciated!! Thank you so much for reading. I wish anyone who is going through these trials all the love and luck in the world!

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Welcome to our family ambers, you came to the right place!! You have found a wonderful group of people who are going through or have gone through the process and will provide support and try to answer any questions you may have. I hope you stick around and hang with us.

As for timeline, there is no rhyme or reason as how Kingston works. We have members who have gotten through in as little as 4 months and others who have taken as long as 16 months or more. I guess it depends too on how "complicated" your case is. One of our members, Chickie72, is the keeper of our spreadsheet. There you can see the various timelines for members on our thread. She usually post daily and you can find the link to the spreadsheet underneath her ticker.

In regards to TRV...you will just have to give it a try. There are cases where it is granted and others where it have been denied. If this is what you have to do, then it doesn't hurt trying. I don't think it will affect your file negatively either way.....

Once again, welcome!! Hopefully someone else will be on soon and maybe can advise you further.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Welcome Ambers to the forum. You will get a lot of advice and responses here as it's a very active thread. There is an email address that you can send your requests to and you are likely to get a response as others have. I am yet to use it but someone else will hopefully post that address again for you. Just this week someone sent them an enquiry to check if her file had reached Kingston and she got a reply extremely quickly to say her file was in process having just got approval in December 2012 and having sent in her application in Nov. 2012. So some persons will get through long before the 18 months so don't worry as you might be in that early batch. Just hope for the best.

As to TRV, your hubby could well get through so he could try again especially as the papers have already gone through and you have got stage one approval. He could just submit a copy of the PR receipt to prove same. I have a TRV and am in Canada awaiting stage two approval so he could well be in Canada while the process is undergoing as he might not even need to return Ja. for an interview as it's not compulsory and depends on the case. As long as he has legal status i.e. doesn't overstay his stay here so if necessary he might need to extend his stay if that expires.Again the TRV is all left up to the discretion of the immigration officer. Hope this helps.

ambers said:

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I was searching for something like this with hopes that people who have gone through this process within the last maybe 5 or so years could shed some light for me.

My husband is a Jamaican resident. I am Canadian. We have been together for 3 years via long distance relationship. We also have a beautiful 1.5 year old daughter together.

I officially sent in our immigration paperwork on September 28, 2012 (our daughter's birthday coincidentally enough ). I found out in early November that I had been approved as the sponsor from Mississauga, Ontario.

I keep trying to look up to see if our case has at least been started. All I have heard since the sponsor approval was that our file would be sent to Kingston, JA. I have no idea if it is actually there right now (I would hope so as we are now into March of 2013!) and it states online that I cannot contact them expecting a response if it is "within the estimated time frame for processing." When I went to see how long that exactly is, it states 18 months!!!!

Please tell me that this is a huge overshot that they just put up to cover their butts and it is not actually another year and a half that we will be waiting at this point! Our daughter would be almost 3 years old by that time.

Under other circumstances, I would just honestly live in Jamaica while we waited this out. However, I have a son who is a grade 1 student here in Canada. Obviously I could not pull him from school (unless he can attend school in Jamaica? Anyone have any info on that?). So uprooting for even a temporary period of time is not optional.

I am incredibly depressed about this. We have gone through this for now 3 years and have somehow managed to tough that out. The reason for a late submission of the application was because I suffered huge post-partum depression once Emily was born and felt all kinds of crazy. Just such a total mess this is (or feels like).

My question to you lovely folks is, does it truly take 18 months? Has anyone actually experienced such a HUGE period of time to wait for their spouse from Jamaica?

I am just reaching out here because I do not know what to do or how to cope with another year apart. This is hurting our daughter the most which is what is breaking my heart.

Another thing I should mention: prior to our marriage in June 2011, we applied for a visitors visa for him. We did that around the beginning of May 2011. He has no criminal record, no past transgressions, etc. He was denied a visitors visa on October 16, 2011. Now that we are married and have an actual application sent in, and being that our income should be considered combined now, would we stand a shot at obtaining the visitors visa? He would have to go home unfortunately because he needs to be in Jamaica for immigration purposes and whatnot (this is our guarantee that he will NOT stay in Canada, he will return at the end of his visit). But it is incredibly easier for him to travel and visit us here, then it is for me to take my daughter (who is now walking and incredibly uninterested in sitting for a 4 hour flight) to Jamaica all the time. I can't even do that anymore because my son is in school and I am both kid's primary care giver. So what if I wrote a letter, submitted my bank statements to compliment his to show our income and stated our case....do you think we would still wind up denied? What are your thoughts on that?

Please, any advice would be truly appreciated!! Thank you so much for reading. I wish anyone who is going through these trials all the love and luck in the world!
lonelycanadianwifey said:

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
ambers said:

Hi everyone,

welcome to the family ambers
i think tamrainball and keke78 pretty much summed up things there for you

The trv is a hit and miss thing the only thing i could say is try .....probably the reason why your hubby was refused the first time is because Kingston felt he did not have strong enough ties to jamaica and was a flight risk....unfortunately for most of us we are characterized by the few who took advantrage of the system and there for has made things worst for us ...

chin up you have found a wonder place now with many who are in similar situation as you .... the great thing about this forum is that we all can relate to what the others are going through and we understand the test and trails of the immigration process unlike others who have never gone trough it ...yes our families and friends sometime try to understand but unless you are actually going through it or have gone through it you will never really understand....

we are all here to help with questions...if you need to vent ...encouragement what ever that is what this forum is for ..... please stick and stay if will be beneficial for you in the long run if you do

as per your thoughts of going back to jamaica to stay with hubby there is Good and bad with that and you must consider which is right for you ....please dont make a hasty decision ....many of us have thought of doing just so ...I myself have though of it many times and was prepared to do so but ended up changing my mind .... you have to consider many things ...leaving for an extended period could be very costly you risk loosing ....CTB..OHIP COVERAGE ...DAYCARE if your child is day care .... also if you own a home or renting you will still have to maint that while you are away in order to ensure that once hubby has his visa you have a home to come to ....your son being in school yes you could enlist him in school in Jamaica ....but you must remember that the schooling in JA is different than the schools here ...he will have to adjust to all of that ....again the choice is completely yours ...just please consider your options ...there is positive and negative to both and only you know your situation .... good luck in the decision making of this ....

there are no two identical cases here so it is difficult to say what makes one person finish in 4 months and another in 12 ...it all depends on the difficulty level of your case .....the io who receives your file ...faith and blind luck.....

take head one of our forum members who filed in September just received ppr ...soo who know you may be next ....just have faith .....
if you are interested you could also try emailing Kingston and asking for an update on your file ...there is a 50/50 chance you may get a response as Kingston is very strange in there dealings

Good luck in the process

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Good morning family and happy friday
Kingston you were very quiet this week
PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT
"CALLING IT OUT TO THE UNIVERSE ....TINTIN I FEEL TODAY IS YOUR DAY"

Miss-her-crazy

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30,2012
File Transfer...
October 16 2012
[quote author=
link=topic=29680.msg2110300#msg2110300 date=1362110992]

Hi everyone,

[/quote]

Welcome ambers to the family as what tamarindball said there are very knowledgable people on here that can help you