+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

missinmyboo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
canada jamaica
hi there everyone
homesoon i thing it means something good because my friend was in the same boot and he got his landed

how long u hubby out the country for------------- maybe u dont need to pay anything ;D thing positive and keep u head up

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Jam, that's my hope too - that they're interviewing for the ARC. My lawyer has emailed Kingston ... as we all know, they have made mistakes online in the past. ie. My file showed that I was sponsoring another man too????
So hopefully (believe it or not) that the "decision made" was an error. it's just too soon for good news.

Hubby has only been out of the country for 9 months. So we will have to pay for an ARC.

Anyhow, I have a whole 7 weeks to sit and stew .... but hopefully I'll learn something along to way so I can share my experiences with you guys.

I pray the rest of you get updates (great updates) soon! Let's go JA!

Love the idea of the kids joining us too. My daughter is almost 15 ... but if any of you have little ones, she's a great kid-sitter.

homesoon

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
HI FORUM- omg homesoon i dont know...well null means something of no value...lack of evidence and wat not......and hopefully its a mistake because decision made is the end of the process usually u see that when passport is in hand...i hope everything comes thru as good news i cant imagine your fears rigt now...hope for the best probably a mistake.

today is my birthday i am not doing nothing for it...ny friend tryna cheer me up said she wants to take me to dinner..so maybe i will do that.....

soso- count me in for the get together...but my daughter is 3 and her attention span is little to nothing..i rather come to a get together not having to run after her every 2 minutes ...lol...so i probably wont bring her...and if there are kids am guessing no liqour.....also pot luck idea will need alot of reheating of food meaning we need a place with oven and microwave and would have to clean up after...but thats just my simple suggesstions or opinion rather....whatever is decided i will be there....lol....i was thinking we wear name tags with our forum name...that would be funny.....hi my name is stress...lol....wow i am laffing again....

anyways bless u all..imma continue my birthstrong all alone

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Happy Birthday Stress Happy Birthday Stress Happy Birthday Stress Happy Birthday Stress[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRESSED

I am glad you are laughing on your birthday... It could be worse.... So keep your head up.
Just think, this is probably the last birthday you will have to spend alone

Wish I was with you right now I would give you a hug....

1st Annual Family Forum Passa Passa/Jamrock style

Date/Time/Location - To be determined

Confirmed-
Homesoon
KC416
Soso
Boo
Rosie
Missingmyhubby
LCW
Sassy
Maple
Stressed
Longdistance

Can't make it-
Mizzy
Jam

May come-
HelpmePlease

I think the potluck is out... cause it would just be too much hassle.... the venue.. the heating ( good point and the clean up ) .... so I think we should go bowling, or paintballing or something fun.... At least at the bowling alleys we can have some bevy's and if you want the kids to come then they are more than welcome....

Yeah I am so excited....... Look how many are in..... It couldn't be better and I think we should make it an annual event, that way new hubby's can come and meet up and hubby/wives that are already here can put faces to names as well....

The name tag thing is a good idea....... When I met Longdistance for the first time, she came up to me and said hey Soso, it's long distance....and I knew right away who she was...... If she has said I am Kelly or steph I would not have had a clue who she was as I am not good with faces (FB)

I am so excited guys to get together...... I am thinking mid to end of February.... what do you guys think..........? That way maybe some more hubby's will be able to join us!

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Homesoon - In my opinion, there was an error made somewhere. Either the interview request OR the decision made. Like in many work places, information can be misconstrued which eventually leads to misunderstandings and errors. There was someone long before your time on the other forum site who was scheduled for and interview yet they issued hubby's visa in the interim. If I were you, I would apply for the CAIPS notes or ask for your local MP's assistance in this case to email the I/O and get the facts straight. DO NOT sit and stew for another 7 weeks - get some answers!

I totally agree with Stressedwife - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BTW - on the pot luck idea. Did someone mention alcohol??? ;D ;D ;D Someone better decide if this is a 'PG' event quick!!!

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good afternoon forum family!!!! TGIF!!!! :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRESSED!!! Go out and have some fun with your friend...kick back and enjoy a wonderful evening...its your birthday...CHEERS!!!

SO...Hubby thinks this "Partay" is a great idea...BUT he also thinks he should be included..lol...so wait for him would ya.. ;D ...lol...

I myself would love to visit Niagra Falls again...not sure what everyone thinks of that plan...and of course I am thinking of ME!!!!...lol... :p :p I am travelling up to TO might as well make it a vacation!!!!....again that is IF hubby is with me...yup...a second honeymoon...ok as I type this I really want him to be here for it....oh boy fingers crossed.

Well I am at work and want to get OUT...so everyone have a great weekend!!!!

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple........ LOL....... you are too funny.....

If we go bowling.... they serve alcohol... and if you wanna drink I say go for it
If not then don't... to each is own I think we should shoot for both options....

Responsibly of course......... LOL

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Happy BDay Stressed. I think you should definitely go out. Enjoy yourself!

Boy I'm sorry I wont be at the Meet. It sounds like it will be fun. Make sure you all take pics so I can see what went down. Maybe you could plan one when all the husbands and wives are together.

TGIF.....Enjoy your weekends.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Happy Birhday Stressed... Keep smiling girl!

As said before i am down with the link up.... i am kinda on the same side as stressed with the whole pot luck thing because we dont have reheating and all that stuff... what about dinner and drinks some where like a bar or even a nice restaurant where we can get a private room or something.

Since i have no kids i would like to have a few drinks and things like that..... if it is a kid thing bowling would be cool.... but it might be nice for the ladies who have kids to plan a night out on the town without the kiddies around... god knows what happens when a leap of ladies get together - already sounds rated R to me!

I love having people over at my place - i host parties all the time and i am downtown 2 min from the highway... im just scared cuz ive never met anyone of the net before - otherwise id turn mine and soso hubby into servers and have them wait on us hand and foot all night and turn it into a little jamjam with drinks and food and dominos and thing!! The men would probably dip off for the night after about an hour lol

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
On a different note... poor hubby got laid off work yesterday since there is not enough work any more... it was him and a bunch of other people.

I had been begging him for a month to ask for a week off work so we can go celebrate our anniversary in JA or some other tropical place and he wouldnt do it and now we can finally go. We had plans to go to Niagra with Soso and hubby next weekend but we have now cancelled that and I am going to take hubby away for a week to celebrate our anniversary like i always wanted - even though its at the expense of hubby losing his job! So not sure where we are going... I am looking at Antigua and Aruba right now... So excited!

Hubby still hasnt received a bank statment from the bank so we are still waiting to get his OHIP card. He will be here 3 months as of Feb 3rd so i want to get that soon for him.

I am just worried about him travelling... he does have his PR card and so do I but I have a british passport and he has a Jamaican with a visa stamped in it... hopefully cuz its the islands we wont have much trouble.

missinmyboo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
canada jamaica
Hi fouum

soso i will try to get a sitter at that time because no one likes to helpe with young babys any more but if not and i cant make it u familys have a nice time for me and my hubby. I dont thing hubby will be here on till april or may they say 6mths from the time they get the application oct 28 and they may contact him 2 mths before i would realy like to meet everyone :(

Happy B-Day again stress may all your dreams and wishis come to life enjoy every min of this day because u will be with hubby soon soon drinks and banh chees.. lol

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Happy Birthday Stressed!!!

On another note....homesoon, your hubby has n criminal record right? here or in Jamaica?
I think that it is a mix up. I also would contact your MP as they can find out more information than your lawyer. Call them on monday. They can find out fairly quickly what has happened. Good luck and keep us posted!!! ( I also think that it is too soon for them to have arrived at any decision on your file whether positive or negative so I would bet it is an error) Don't worry yet. Find out first! Stay strong!

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hey.....I was thinking and LCW.....Monday is a big day for you hey?!?!? Your bf date!!! Let's hope your hubby gets a call for the passport by the end of next week!!!! ;)