Kingston,Jamaica

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait, just read your whole note. Bowling... ok, so no need to cook for that! even better.
Regardless, wherever, whatever - I'm in.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning All....

homesoon - i wouldnt worry about the interview too tough... i am assuming that they have not asked for originals because when they asked me for originals they asked for birth paper and marriage certificate and any other supporting evidence that we could provide... so i am sure they are fine with the originals you sent already. Kinda suprised about the interview but hey... one step closer to the end. You know in your heart and soul that your relationship is bonifide and legit so there shouldnt be too much to prove. I know its hard not to stress about it but chin up! Lets hope this time flys by for you until the interview. Good Luck.

Stressed - girl you make me feel sad... i feel your pain. I soooo wish things could be better for everyone!

Soso - im down for whatever... as long as i can get there i will join in the festivities.. i love drinks and i love food and i love fun so mi down.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SPECIAL EVENT UPDATE

Date/Time/Location - To be determined

Confirmed-

Homesoon
KC416
Soso

Can't make it-

Nothing is in stone as to what we will do but I know it will be fun and I am very excited to meet everyone!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELP

Hey guys I need your help

I need a really good recipe to make for out 1 year anniversary dinner.
Something out of this world........ Preferably with Chicken. I wanna suprise my husband with it all cooked by me... NO rice and peas but something AMAZING

Also JAM....... can I get a recipe for your brown stew and do you have a CURRY CHICKEN RECEIPE..... or LCW....... PLEASE SOSO NEEDS HELP

missinmyboo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
canada jamaica
i there forum
its nice to see that everyone is here

homesoon dont worry tooo much i will doit for u me and my hubby live before he whent back and me worry too if them call him 3years married 8years togather so me know wa u a say girl as everyone say its good news they would not ask for passport ;D just tell him fi go over the application good luck to u both me a preay for us all for this to be over sooooooooo

missing sorry bot the thins them take ppl too rass red eye them will get what is coming to them god see and knows all

FF mi happy fi u and hubby girl

big up fi all the other familys with good news keep it coming god is working for us all in this time blessing to all

ooo soso i am in me can bring the kids with me me cook good good jamaicon food so let me know

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Soso - not sure if hubby likes other food other than jamaican but what about some good old southern style comfort food like green beans, macaroni pie (homemade) and some fried chicken. mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm!

I can give you some recipes for baked macaroni and cheese and fried chicken...

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boo.... Of course we can include kids..... This is all just in the beggining stages, but I am thinking we should do a big old POT LUCK COOK OUT... RENT A HALL/ROOM or something and really bang it out....

If we do the whole bowling thing instead then the Kids would enjoy that a bit more.

I have so many good ideas running through my head, I know this resturant that has a bowling lane inside it....... We can all throw around ideas and if anyone has any ideas please let me know.... This is going to be so much fun... I can tell already

In my mind I am picturing a big room, with lots of laughter and cheer, good food, nice music and good company..... I am so HYPE

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Ok first off...thanks for all the words of encouragement....so true no one can steal away what i saw with my own two eyes. i get to keep that for all eternity. we all know inna JA it could have been a lot worse, we were both safe and at least they left us the car lol ;D I can laugh about it now, threw out the rest of my trip hubby and i would joke, he would remind me not to forget my camera and then say oh wait you don't have one, or i would see something and say hhmmm that would make a nice pic, too bad i can't take one....it is either laugh or cry and i am way better at laughing then crying

Homesoon....congrats on the update, i will pray that everything goes perfectly for you two

SOSO>>>> that may be the best idea i have ever heard :eek: !!!!! i am so down for meeting anyone from the fam. Just the thought gave me a boost today. I am around an hour away from TO but would not mind traveling to meet everyone. I envision the same way you do, a room full of laughter and chatter. Give me a time place and date and i wouldn't miss it for the world. ;D ;D ;D ;D

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good afternoon everyone...

OK well ....my input on all this "party" planning....HELLO!!!!!....I have a car and can travel...lol :p OK.....for me it would depend on when you did plan this event...but the first thought in my head while reading your post SOSO...is........ Hubby and I are still wondering how I am going to fly him up here...direct flight into montreal or connecting from TO...NOW here is what we have been hashing out...if the direct flight to montreal is tooooo expensive for him and his girls...THEN he flies into TO and I drive to pick him up ;D ;D ;D ;D NOW.....I know this is wishful thinking on my part....BUT wouldn't it be WONDERFUL!!!! if this "party" was at the same time as I pick up my family :D :D :D .....so if and if..it worked out...count me in and if not....maybe down the road I would do a "road trip" ...hubby wants to visit TO...so this is my input :D

SOSO...you asking to cook a "surprise" for hubby...made me think of the time I cooked my hubby a surprise dinner... of a nice meat Fondue..lMAO!!!!...He HATED it!!!! he was so cute about it though.....Kissed his teeth and said never again .......lol...SO back to stewed chicken and pork for me!!!!! lol.

FF...hope you feel better soon... :) My hubby was asking about you just lastnight...lol.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!!!! :D

mizzy

Sep 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2008
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
16-03-2009
File Transfer...
31-12-2008
Med's Request
21-12-2009
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2010
LANDED..........
18-03-2010
Good afternoon forum family,

Happy new year to all! Baby and I were away in JA for the week after xmas, so I am not up to date on the happenings, but congrats to those who have seen some movement, no matter how small it may seem!

I HAVE AN UPDATE!

I had contacted my MP office mid-December expressing my frustration that after a year we still appeared in a background check based on the CAIPS I received early December. His assistant agreed to meet with me face to face to discuss in early January. So as I was waiting for her call to set up an appointment this week, I got an email from her yesterday:

Before Christmas I sent another request for a status update on ****** file. I received a response this morning…

On December 8th, 2009 – the file passed selection.

On December 21st, 2009 – medical instructions were issued and police, marriage, and birth certificates were requested.

The file appears to be moving along as it should. If ****** does not hear from the Embassy within 3 months of submitting the requested material – please let me know and we can follow-up again.

Happy New Year!

Hubby checked yesterday and no mail yet, but I imagine mail slows down in December/early January like it does here with the holidays and all!

Looks like we may make the 14 month processing time...and be together in Canada for our anniversay this year!

On the party plans, I will be a decline. Not because I would not like to see eveyone, because I truly would, but I am in Saskatchewan and that's a big trek for us. And since Air Canada is flying some decent routes through Calgary for the next couple months, I hope to bring hubby here that route.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1st annual Forum Family Passa Passa JAMROCK STYLE

Date/Time/Location - To be determined

Confirmed-

Homesoon
KC416
Soso
Boo
Rosie
Missingmyhubby

Can't make it-
Mizzy

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Rosie.... Here is the deal. We will try to work it all out but if not, Montreal is a 4 hour drive and I am even willing to pay for your gas to get you here!

SO promise me one thing....you will try to arrange it...and if there is anything we can do to help get you here....... You let me know

This is turning out to be a great idea afterall......!!! Ya... where the RASS IS LCW

KC.... gimme the Recipe nah.... that sounds PERFECT ....... MMM I love baked macaroni

Mizzy, congrats on the update... hubby should be home real soon.

Rosie........ MEAT FONDU......what the RASS...... you mean the thing you stick that long fork into and eat after heating yourself....... If I did that for hubby he would probably serve me with divorce papers... and technically he would be cooking his own food...... BAHAHAHAHAH
I'll pass on the Fundu...more like POO POO...... thanks anyways for the laugh

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
SOSO: I wish I could make it but me deh clear a jamaica and even if I get there hubby live in Calgary so dont know how we would make it there.

My brown stew chicken recipe is:

3lbs Chicken (cut in chunks)
2 stalks scallion
1 sprig Thyme
1 Hot pepper
1/4 sweet pepper
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
2 ripe tomatoes
1 large Irish potato
2tbs browning
1/2 cup ketchup
1tbs All purpose seasoning
1/2 salt
1tbs Chicken Spice
Cooking oil

Chop: All ingredients except ketchup and mix with chicken. Add browning. Let it marinate over night or at least 2-3 hours.

1. Fry chicken in oil until brown.(this will help the chicken hold together when its stewing down). Make sure you remove the "seasoning" from the chicken before frying. Just leave them in the same bowl you marinated them in.

2. After you have fried all the pieces of chicken nice and brown. Discard some of the cooking oil and leave about 2 table spoons in the pot.

3. Add all your chicken back to the pot with the seasonings.

4. Add about 4 cups of water to pot or just enough to cover the chicken.(Please don't add too much water)

5. Let it boil down on low heat until gravy starts thickening.

6. Add Ketchup. The gravy should be nice and thick at this point.

7. Enjoy.

I don't usually measure stuff but since you a newbie to the cooking me a try put it so you understand...lol.

I usually serve my brown stew with pumpkin rice and some fried plantain pon the side.
Bout the curry. I dont touch that one. I cant cook curry to save my life. Plus if you dont cook it right it can make the belly act up.... :p

Mizzy: Was you hubby in Canada before?

mizzy

Sep 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2008
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
16-03-2009
File Transfer...
31-12-2008
Med's Request
21-12-2009
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2010
LANDED..........
18-03-2010
Jam: hubby nuh lef the island but once...and that was to bahamas just after we wed. born in st. james, moved to KG til teens then back to st james area.

Thanks for the chicken recipe, I'm gonna keep it too, hope you don't mind. Hubby says I fry chicken best he ever tasted...even better than mama! I know that means good, good, good. but brown chicken i've never tried. if you don't mind, how do you do your pumpkin rice? i tried once and not so good.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Mizzy....congrats on the update, sounds promising...i hope you two are together for your anniversary