Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
WOOT WOOT!!! 6 days mama and he will be here. Hopefully PEI doesn't get all the snow that they are calling for.
I know right!! It will be our luck that he gets storm stayed somewhere! HAHA. *knock on wood!* :p :p

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Ninirae said:
Good morning forum-family! Soooooo.... I lurk much more than I post now, and maybe some of the older members, or members who have gone through this process can give me a yay or nay, but basically, here is how the emotional process goes (for me at least):

Step 1: Sponsorship Application
*So incredibly excited to get this process on the go. The month or two that it can take for approval (mine was a couple of weeks), can feel like a long time, yet it passes fairly quick because it's the beginning and I'm still running off of adrenaline and excitement from the filing and the simple thought of us being together forever. By the time SA comes around, starting to feel discouraged, but everything picks up and feels awesome once you see that Approval come through. You immediately think "OMG, already?! My spouse will be here in just a few months now!"

Step 2: Permanent Residence Application
*Your application has been sent to Jamaica (WOOHOO!), this is going to be a breeze! We are ready for anything that is thrown our way, I'm so glad our marriage is stronger than others we have heard of and we won't fight and we will be understanding and blah blah blah.... that's usually the first few months. Usually around the 6 month mark of your file sitting in Kingston with ABSOLUTELY NO WORD OR MOVEMENT, you start to get upset. The arguments begin, but are tolerable still (that's okay, you will Skype, call, visit more - you will be fine!). You are watching others hear something from Kingston, you are frustrated, but you don't really speak up because you're so early in this process compared to others, you feel as though you can't really complain because some people wait YEARS. That 6-month mark creeps up to the 10-11month mark and at this point your getting incredibly irritable. Both you and your spouse. You can't really put your finger on it, but it's the process. It chips away at the bond you have with your spouse and picks at your foundation, trying to have it crumble beneath you - the system is whispering "throw in the towel, it's not worth the stress!" You then hit the 1-year mark.... it's almost like a trigger. You cannot believe you haven't heard a word! You're now going to sue the government for trying to ruin your family! You're going to petition, you are going to riot... THEY CAN'T DO THIS! But what we forget is... yes they can. They have been doing it for years.

Step 3: "In-Process/PPR"
*This is grueling (believe it or not). Sometimes you long for the feeling of not knowing... because now you are in process and every day feels like a WEEK! You will start complaining or venting more and those who haven't heard anything yet will get upset with you "Imagine how we feel?! We haven't heard anything at all! You should be grateful!" Please do not mistaken complaining for lack of gratefulness. We are SO happy that our files are being looked at, but it seriously feels as though every day is almost a week long. Then that email/phone call/letter comes in asking for something (usually Passport) and you are on Cloud 9 again! In goes that passport! It will be back any day right?! -Remember my comment about the days feeling like weeks-

Step 4: "Decision Made"
*This is it! It's over! Finally! We are getting whatever it is we need back and we can be together. This is usually done within a day to a week (sometimes longer). But from the time you see "decision made", you know it's over.... those "days" now feel like MONTHS. Every hour feels like a week. It's like the closer you are, the more painful and dragged out the entire thing is!

Step 5: "Passport in hand"
*NOW it gets exciting! They have the VISA, they have the passport and they have a flight booked. Time has returned to normal... or at least we thought it has. What actually happens is there is a major time warp in our minds and all of a sudden, that year(s) you have been apart was not nearly enough time for you to prepare for them coming home to you - SO MUCH TO DO AND NOT ENOUGH TIME! But there is time, and you are ready and so are they, because it doesn't matter what it there or isn't there, you will be together, and that's all that matters.

ADDITIONAL POINTS:
-Your pain will ALWAYS outweigh others (even if we don't want to admit it)
-Your application it ALWAYS the most important one
-You will ALWAYS want to be processed first (even before those waiting for years)
-You WILL be grateful for your status once it moves, but you will complain just as much (unless it moves crazy fast)
-You WILL get mad at others, be short tempered and lash out (on the forum, in person, everywhere)
-You WILL feel bad and apologize (a lot)
-NOBODY will understand the pain you are going through in this process more, than someone who is in, or is going through, this process too

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR! :-* :-* :-*
And this my forum friends couldn't have been said better. This is EXACTLY what it is like. This is going to be one of the hardest things you will ever have to do in life (I would rather give birth over and over again). We all need to stick together. I get that people are going to think that attacks are happening on here when they complain about waiting and this and that…but everyones time is coming!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
FINALLLY!!!!!!! VISA IN HIS HANDS!!!!!!! ;D :-* :-* YAYYYY!!!!

He'll be home Dec 2nd!!!! Much love!
Yessssss yessss !! Less than a week ! Congrats again ! Cant wait for the landing story ! :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Last week of November......after its gonna be the last month of 2014 !!! We need some PPR for everyones ! We saw some peoples from March 2014 received PPR so everythings is possible !! Come on Kingston, come on Port of Spain, come on Santa Claus !!!! lol

PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
PPR PPR PPR PPR !!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Parkin said:

Absolutely AMAZING MrsP!! I am so very happy for you and MrP!! He will be home in time for Holiday parties and Christmas oh and New Year's! You will be kissing him under the mistletoe and at the stroke of midnight to bring in 2015! Much love xoxox

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
Last week of November......after its gonna be the last month of 2014 !!! We need some PPR for everyones ! We saw some peoples from March 2014 received PPR so everythings is possible !! Come on Kingston, come on Port of Spain, come on Santa Claus !!!! lol

PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
Hahaha! Love this post MelJam!! I do, I do, I do believe in Santa Claus soI am hoping the brings me something sweet under my tree with a big red bow :) Also, for you all as well of course. Plus my bday is in December so would really LOVE for him to be home for that too!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Ninirae said:
Good morning forum-family! Soooooo.... I lurk much more than I post now, and maybe some of the older members, or members who have gone through this process can give me a yay or nay, but basically, here is how the emotional process goes (for me at least):

Step 1: Sponsorship Application
*So incredibly excited to get this process on the go. The month or two that it can take for approval (mine was a couple of weeks), can feel like a long time, yet it passes fairly quick because it's the beginning and I'm still running off of adrenaline and excitement from the filing and the simple thought of us being together forever. By the time SA comes around, starting to feel discouraged, but everything picks up and feels awesome once you see that Approval come through. You immediately think "OMG, already?! My spouse will be here in just a few months now!"

Step 2: Permanent Residence Application
*Your application has been sent to Jamaica (WOOHOO!), this is going to be a breeze! We are ready for anything that is thrown our way, I'm so glad our marriage is stronger than others we have heard of and we won't fight and we will be understanding and blah blah blah.... that's usually the first few months. Usually around the 6 month mark of your file sitting in Kingston with ABSOLUTELY NO WORD OR MOVEMENT, you start to get upset. The arguments begin, but are tolerable still (that's okay, you will Skype, call, visit more - you will be fine!). You are watching others hear something from Kingston, you are frustrated, but you don't really speak up because you're so early in this process compared to others, you feel as though you can't really complain because some people wait YEARS. That 6-month mark creeps up to the 10-11month mark and at this point your getting incredibly irritable. Both you and your spouse. You can't really put your finger on it, but it's the process. It chips away at the bond you have with your spouse and picks at your foundation, trying to have it crumble beneath you - the system is whispering "throw in the towel, it's not worth the stress!" You then hit the 1-year mark.... it's almost like a trigger. You cannot believe you haven't heard a word! You're now going to sue the government for trying to ruin your family! You're going to petition, you are going to riot... THEY CAN'T DO THIS! But what we forget is... yes they can. They have been doing it for years.

Step 3: "In-Process/PPR"
*This is grueling (believe it or not). Sometimes you long for the feeling of not knowing... because now you are in process and every day feels like a WEEK! You will start complaining or venting more and those who haven't heard anything yet will get upset with you "Imagine how we feel?! We haven't heard anything at all! You should be grateful!" Please do not mistaken complaining for lack of gratefulness. We are SO happy that our files are being looked at, but it seriously feels as though every day is almost a week long. Then that email/phone call/letter comes in asking for something (usually Passport) and you are on Cloud 9 again! In goes that passport! It will be back any day right?! -Remember my comment about the days feeling like weeks-

Step 4: "Decision Made"
*This is it! It's over! Finally! We are getting whatever it is we need back and we can be together. This is usually done within a day to a week (sometimes longer). But from the time you see "decision made", you know it's over.... those "days" now feel like MONTHS. Every hour feels like a week. It's like the closer you are, the more painful and dragged out the entire thing is!

Step 5: "Passport in hand"
*NOW it gets exciting! They have the VISA, they have the passport and they have a flight booked. Time has returned to normal... or at least we thought it has. What actually happens is there is a major time warp in our minds and all of a sudden, that year(s) you have been apart was not nearly enough time for you to prepare for them coming home to you - SO MUCH TO DO AND NOT ENOUGH TIME! But there is time, and you are ready and so are they, because it doesn't matter what it there or isn't there, you will be together, and that's all that matters.

ADDITIONAL POINTS:
-Your pain will ALWAYS outweigh others (even if we don't want to admit it)
-Your application it ALWAYS the most important one
-You will ALWAYS want to be processed first (even before those waiting for years)
-You WILL be grateful for your status once it moves, but you will complain just as much (unless it moves crazy fast)
-You WILL get mad at others, be short tempered and lash out (on the forum, in person, everywhere)
-You WILL feel bad and apologize (a lot)
-NOBODY will understand the pain you are going through in this process more, than someone who is in, or is going through, this process too

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR! :-* :-* :-*
Nini well said and thank you for reminding us all. And yes MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
MelJam said:

PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
PPR PPR PPR PPR !!
I'll second that!! Keep up the hard work kingstons, pos (and maybe Santa will give us some extra luck!). Let's get all our 2013 and early 2014 spouses home for the holidays!!

Ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr!

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Mrs. Parkin said:

Yay congrats girl!!! Oxoxo my hubby will be sending everything in next Thursday...thanks for explaining everything to me an we decided to go through DHL

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Ok need some advice? We were thinking about buying his ticket soon cuz if we wait last minute the holiday prices will be ridiculous... Also if I have the baby and can't drive to Toronto to get him cuz I live 3 hours away... Was thinking about arranging a shuttle.. I've never took the shuttle.. Have any of u? I don't want it to be confusing for him when he arrives....

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
stacyr320 said:
Ok need some advice? We were thinking about buying his ticket soon cuz if we wait last minute the holiday prices will be ridiculous... Also if I have the baby and can't drive to Toronto to get him cuz I live 3 hours away... Was thinking about arranging a shuttle.. I've never took the shuttle.. Have any of u? I don't want it to be confusing for him when he arrives....
Where do you live? I have taken the airport shuttles from where I live (about 2.5 hours from TO) - and it has always been a pretty painless process, but I also knew the airport to find the post that they pick you up at. I would think that someone that works at the airport could direct him to where he would be picked up though!

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
PinkyM said:
Where do you live? I have taken the airport shuttles from where I live (about 2.5 hours from TO) - and it has always been a pretty painless process, but I also knew the airport to find the post that they pick you up at. I would think that someone that works at the airport could direct him to where he would be picked up though!
Ok when I called they said I have to call when the plane arrives .. Did u have too? Ya I think he'll be able to figure out where the post is lol

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
PinkyM said:
North bay

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
stacyr320 said:
Ok when I called they said I have to call when the plane arrives .. Did u have too? Ya I think he'll be able to figure out where the post is lol
I think that I gave them my flight arrival time, but I think I had to call them when I landed to confirm that I was waiting.

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
PinkyM said:
I think that I gave them my flight arrival time, but I think I had to call them when I landed to confirm that I was waiting.
Ok thanks!!!