+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Charlyn42 said:
atclarke, can you please tell me how did you go about paying your RPRF. Did you send the receipt via email? If so what was the email address used?
I got the letter in the mail telling me to pay it so I went online to the CIC website to pay it. There was a fax number on the sheet to send the receipt to once you've paid. Did you get the letter?

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
I received my notes today issused on Oct. 29/2014 so nothing new on it except that they confirmed they have received the new PC. Ugh !!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
I received my notes today issused on Oct. 29/2014 so nothing new on it except that they confirmed they have received the new PC. Ugh !!
I know that is so disappointing to see MelJam, but that was a month ago so hopefully they have done a lot since then! Hang in there girl!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
I know that is so disappointing to see MelJam, but that was a month ago so hopefully they have done a lot since then! Hang in there girl!
Yeh at least I know that VO request meds extension...since my MP has access to the note, I wont order again and will just send another email to my MP in couple of weeks if I hear nothing before.

We have to hang in there !! No choice ! :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
Yeh at least I know that VO request meds extension...since my MP has access to the note, I wont order again and will just send another email to my MP in couple of weeks if I hear nothing before.

We have to hang in there !! No choice ! :)
I spoke to my MP's aid yesterday who looked into our file. After that conversation I was angrier than ever! She basically told me that it may be 20 months since file is now in POS (gosh darn it we should be thankful that our file is no longer in KGN then since theirs is 27 months?!?!?). Like that is even acceptable! She said eligibility was passed, meds are expired, but they can always be extended (she had no clue) if there is a possibity that file will be done soon. Also was able to tell me taht they are currently working on background and criminality/security. She said "don't get your hopes up that he will be home for the holidays". Oh wow that totally crushed me! When I told her that some people have gotten through in less than a year in POS and sometimes even in KGN (even though not for a very long time) she said "That is not even possible, not that I am saying that you are lying". Holy crap and she said that to me a few times!! Also that MPs are NOT suppose to be writing letters on behalf of their consituents to give support, but can only look into a file. At the end of it all she told me to call her back in 3 months if he isn't here! So Mel you are fortuante that your MP will keep checking for you. BTW my MP is also the Minister of Immigration so it totally sucks to be me right now! LOL!

Hey, not complaining here just giving you guys the scoop.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
I spoke to my MP's aid yesterday who looked into our file. After that conversation I was angrier than ever! She basically told me that it may be 20 months since file is now in POS (gosh darn it we should be thankful that our file is no longer in KGN then since theirs is 27 months?!?!?). Like that is even acceptable! She said eligibility was passed, meds are expired, but they can always be extended (she had no clue) if there is a possibity that file will be done soon. Also was able to tell me taht they are currently working on background and criminality/security. She said "don't get your hopes up that he will be home for the holidays". Oh wow that totally crushed me! When I told her that some people have gotten through in less than a year in POS and sometimes even in KGN (even though not for a very long time) she said "That is not even possible, not that I am saying that you are lying". Holy crap and she said that to me a few times!! Also that MPs are NOT suppose to be writing letters on behalf of their consituents to give support, but can only look into a file. At the end of it all she told me to call her back in 3 months if he isn't here! So Mel you are fortuante that your MP will keep checking for you. BTW my MP is also the Minister of Immigration so it totally sucks to be me right now! LOL!

A lot of MP's say the same thing. "it's not true...there is no way that someone got through in that time" and blah blah blah. Its like they are reading from a manual. If eligibility is passed then you are in a good position. She has no clue what she is talking about. There is STILL a chance he could be here on Christmas day. Never give up hope in thinking that. And it's NOT going to be another 20-27 months.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:

You should be complaining - that's so annoying. Like I mentioned, I had contacted my MP and she told me basically the same thing as you that they can't do anything, nothings been updated, all the same stuff I got from POS myself... and then within 3 weeks hubby had PPR. they are pulling it out of thin air and just going by stats. fair enough, but really, why bother contacting them at all when you can email POS or KNG and be told the same thing or maybe even more depending on the VO...I have lost faith in the whole "GO TO YOUR MP" thing.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:

Well my MP talk to me about the 27 months also but I don't really bother with this cause I know the most of people go through before that 27 months. They just mentionned the amount of months they see on the website. I don't know if you can read french but here the email I received last week from MP :
Bonjour Mme
Selon les informations reçues du bureau de la Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada, en ce qui concerne le dossier de M. James, les analyses sécuritaires ne sont pas encore commencées. La plus récente note inscrite par l’agent qui traite le dossier était inscrite le 20 novembre 2014. Une note qui demandait au département des vérifications médicales de prolonger la validité des médicaux de M. James. L’agent fait aussi mention qu’il a reçu votre courriel demandant une mise à jour du dossier aujourd’hui même. Le bureau de CIC réitère le fait que les délais de traitements des demandes de parrainage d’époux au bureau des visas canadiens à Kingston sont estimés à 27 mois. Les délais sont basés sur le temps qu’il a fallu pour traiter 80% des cas reçus.
J’espère que ces informations vous seront utiles.
So the only thing interesting is about I know now they have requested meds extension...but does that mean the end is near...or the opposite they wants 1 more year to proceed ! You know !! Always confusion !!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
MelJam said:
Well my MP talk to me about the 27 months also but I don't really bother with this cause I know the most of people go through before that 27 months. They just mentionned the amount of months they see on the website. I don't know if you can read french but here the email I received last week from MP :
Bonjour Mme
Selon les informations reçues du bureau de la Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada, en ce qui concerne le dossier de M. James, les analyses sécuritaires ne sont pas encore commencées. La plus récente note inscrite par l'agent qui traite le dossier était inscrite le 20 novembre 2014. Une note qui demandait au département des vérifications médicales de prolonger la validité des médicaux de M. James. L'agent fait aussi mention qu'il a reçu votre courriel demandant une mise à jour du dossier aujourd'hui même. Le bureau de CIC réitère le fait que les délais de traitements des demandes de parrainage d'époux au bureau des visas canadiens à Kingston sont estimés à 27 mois. Les délais sont basés sur le temps qu'il a fallu pour traiter 80% des cas reçus.
J'espère que ces informations vous seront utiles.
So the only thing interesting is about I know now they have requested meds extension...but does that mean the end is near...or the opposite they wants 1 more year to proceed ! You know !! Always confusion !!
"estimés à 27 mois" That right there is what they basically have as a template when talking to people. They simply go by the website. And yes, the fact that your last note is RECENT is a great thing. I say you will hear something within a few weeks at this point. If they are asking for an extension, you're basically approved, it's the technicalities at this point!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
I know it sucks and is completely beyond frustrating, but hang in there hubby will will be home with you soon! I wouldn't be too concerned with what ur mp says there are lots of people who have gotten through around the 12-14 month mark! Its almost like a script the MPs are reading from. I emailed my mp back ( Oct 20th she told me if it was not done in 4 weeks to email her back and that Kingston would be looking at my file in the near future. Well I emailed her back since still nothing , not surprised, and this is what she emailed me.
"I know it takes a long time.
The sponsoring was accepted on July 25, 2013. Normal processing time is 27 months after sponsoring is accepted and this assuming that there is no complication.
The medical is valid up to 30 April, 2015. Medicals for the two children who are not in Canada are also valid .
The report from the RCMP was received on or around September 8, 2014. Normal revision time for reviewing the file after receipt of the RCMP report is at least 90 days.

I wish I could tell you that he will be with you at Christmas but it look that it will not happen at this time."...

Beyond frustrating especially since she made it seem like it would have been done before the 4 weeks had passed... But hang in there! Our hubbies will be here soon!! Don't take what the MPs say to heart, they don't see everyone going thru before processing times.

Let's get some chanting going on and get Kingston n pos to send out some ppr before weeks end!
PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Ninirae said:
"estimés à 27 mois" That right there is what they basically have as a template when talking to people. They simply go by the website. And yes, the fact that your last note is RECENT is a great thing. I say you will hear something within a few weeks at this point. If they are asking for an extension, you're basically approved, it's the technicalities at this point!
Yea exactly they have to be careful and keep their mouths shut but I sure they know very well that is usually faster than 27 months. I don't really fear that I will wait another year but rather another couple of months!

But since I read your message, I have big smile pon mi face ! ;D Crossed fingers !

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
steen said:
I know it sucks and is completely beyond frustrating, but hang in there hubby will will be home with you soon! I wouldn't be too concerned with what ur mp says there are lots of people who have gotten through around the 12-14 month mark! Its almost like a script the MPs are reading from. I emailed my mp back ( Oct 20th she told me if it was not done in 4 weeks to email her back and that Kingston would be looking at my file in the near future. Well I emailed her back since still nothing , not surprised, and this is what she emailed me.
"I know it takes a long time.
The sponsoring was accepted on July 25, 2013. Normal processing time is 27 months after sponsoring is accepted and this assuming that there is no complication.
The medical is valid up to 30 April, 2015. Medicals for the two children who are not in Canada are also valid .
The report from the RCMP was received on or around September 8, 2014. Normal revision time for reviewing the file after receipt of the RCMP report is at least 90 days.

I wish I could tell you that he will be with you at Christmas but it look that it will not happen at this time."...

Beyond frustrating especially since she made it seem like it would have been done before the 4 weeks had passed... But hang in there! Our hubbies will be here soon!! Don't take what the MPs say to heart, they don't see everyone going thru before processing times.

Let's get some chanting going on and get Kingston n pos to send out some ppr before weeks end!
PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR
Yeaaa a long time I forgot to spend Christmas with him...but I still positive and keep smiling cause I know the end is near anyway!! ;)

So that mean you are at 90 days....well almost, so for sure you will hear something very soon!! I had to send 2 or 3 times my email to MP before to get a reply and in the last one I said please at least confirm that you received my emails and 5 minutes after I received that email...:)

**Chanting**
PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taylor-Hall said:
Hi - I submitted my son's application in December 2013 along with medical and police records, he's here in Canada with me on a visitor's visa which is good until Feb. 2015. I just check his online status and there has been a new line added #2 (after nearly a year of nothing).

What does this mean and what can we expect to happen next? Are his papers being processed? I'm just not sure. Thanks for your help.

This is what is now showing for his status:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 10, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on November 18, 2014.

3.Medical results have been received.

Last month they asked for updated pictures of him and sent us "update of status" forms to complete.

The second line was just added this morning.....so I was wondering what that means. Thanks!

They asked me to complete an updated IMM5406E form and I did one for him also as he's now over 21. They also asked for 4 updated pictures of him which did not have to be certified...I though that was strange.

Confession time....technically we don't really belong in this topic as he has dual citizenship and when they asked where we wanted his filed send - Kingston or London - we chose London as the wait time was showing as 11 months. HOWEVER we're more comfortable here....we have never lived in the U.K.....always Jamaica. So I hope you'll let us stay and continue to help answer our questions and perhaps we can lend some support from this side. :)

From what I can gather the next step should be a Passport Request. He can travel to the US and then re-enter if necessary, but if they need him to go back to Jamaica that's O.K. too. Just want him here with me/us!! Keep the faith folks...they wheels maybe turning slowly, but at least they're moving!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
I will continue it for today even though it is late in the day but maybe they will send a few things out early to end the week of the month...

*chanting* PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR....

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mrs. Parkin said:
FINALLLY!!!!!!! VISA IN HIS HANDS!!!!!!! ;D :-* :-* YAYYYY!!!!

He'll be home Dec 2nd!!!! Much love!
What airline is hubby flying? From Mobay? We are flying home that day from Mobay on air canada rouge at like 2 or something....