Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Good luck to Lexi who returns tomorrow with her hubby in tow!! Woo hoo! Wasn't there someone else who was arriving today? Next week will be a BIG week bc MrP and MrAlyssa land! Yaaayy!! Anyone else? I need to read some landing stories!!

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
sammystorm19 said:
Or you can email them. The address is included on the website. That's the fastest way. It goes right to Mississauga
ok thanks guys, my hubby checked his mailbox lastnight and found a letter from cic which was sent from nov. 6 requesting the RPRF to be paid. Good thing is i paid it last Thursday but i did not print and fill out the receipt, i emailed it as is. So my hubby print it last night, filled out the necessary info and fax it to cic.

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
atclarke said:
I got the letter in the mail telling me to pay it so I went online to the CIC website to pay it. There was a fax number on the sheet to send the receipt to once you've paid. Did you get the letter?
thank you atclarke, hubby took it out the mail box last night, it was sent out from nov.6

ofia

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
kingston
App. Filed.......
Sept. 7 2018
Med's Done....
14-11-13
Hi, everyone, someone asked me if my Hubby received an approval letter. Which he don't. So, she's saying that, that y z DM had been mad

Someone help.me out pleazzzzee....... :

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
ofia said:
Hi, everyone, someone asked me if my Hubby received an approval letter. Which he don't. So, she's saying that, that y z DM had been mad

Not sure what kind of info you need?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
ofia said:

Ofia all we can tell you is what we have seen or may know, but without knowing details of your file it is hard to tell. If you got a DM and saw it online without having 1. an interview or 2. a passport request it may be a bad thing. The DM is the last thing you see when they have decided and are sending you a shiny visa (in your passport) or they have denied you. Usually that is after an interview, but we recently saw one of our members get denied this way (without an interview) bc they possibly missed a deadline (i.e. they needed to send docs to KGN within 60 days and failed to do so) and then KGN sent them a denial letter by mail. Please keep checking your mail and keep us posted.

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Jessie2014 said:
Great encouragement. Thanks for repostng Hun!! Hope all is well with you
You're welcome. All is well, just remaining steadfast in prayer and trusting God to continue moving mountains and awaiting the completion of a miracle. I wish you and everyone expeditious processing, as that is what we all desire.

God bless!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Ofia all we can tell you is what we have seen or may know, but without knowing details of your file it is hard to tell. If you got a DM and saw it online without having 1. an interview or 2. a passport request it may be a bad thing. The DM is the last thing you see when they have decided and are sending you a shiny visa (in your passport) or they have denied you. Usually that is after an interview, but we recently saw one of our members get denied this way (without an interview) bc they possibly missed a deadline (i.e. they needed to send docs to KGN within 60 days and failed to do so) and then KGN sent them a denial letter by mail. Please keep checking your mail and keep us posted.
Yes Ofia exactly Decision Made is
1. declined (letter will follow)
2. approved (passport will follow)
Usually you see ``In Process`` before they request the passport. In your case, following the information you provided to us, the status jumped to Decision Made directly...sounds like a denial letter will follow.

If you think Decision Made is there for a long time and you should have received the letter already then call CIC : 1-888-242-2100 or email Kingston : kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca and advise them you still waiting for the letter. Good luck and keep us posted.

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
redant5 said:
good morning, my brother have applied for a permanent residence visa to canada and have recently sent off his passport to the immigration section.. it was sent off on the 6th of november and he still havent heard from them. question, do you know how long it normally takes for them to return the passport with the documents????
Welcome Redant5. This process is all about waiting and being patient as we really have no guarantee as to how long any part of this process will take. Having said that, your brother is on the home stretch and that's HUGE progress! Now to answer or attempt to answer your question, according to CIC it takes approximately two (2) weeks to complete the finally stages of processing after one has submitted their passport. However, if you should examine the spreadsheet that reveals the timeline for Kingston's office you will quickly see that passport return times varies. And it's extremely challenging to find a pattern, track or try to predict when it will be returned (seeing that none of us really knows what happens behind the scenes).

Based on what the spreadsheet reveals it can be anywhere from a few days to a couple months (rare). The most constant figures I see are in the teens and twenties. So since your brother has been waiting for 21 days already, I would say he should be hearing from them in a few days to a week. This is just my estimation, so I could be way off. All the best.

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
I spoke to my MP's aid yesterday who looked into our file. After that conversation I was angrier than ever! She basically told me that it may be 20 months since file is now in POS (gosh darn it we should be thankful that our file is no longer in KGN then since theirs is 27 months?!?!?). Like that is even acceptable! She said eligibility was passed, meds are expired, but they can always be extended (she had no clue) if there is a possibity that file will be done soon. Also was able to tell me taht they are currently working on background and criminality/security. She said "don't get your hopes up that he will be home for the holidays". Oh wow that totally crushed me! When I told her that some people have gotten through in less than a year in POS and sometimes even in KGN (even though not for a very long time) she said "That is not even possible, not that I am saying that you are lying". Holy crap and she said that to me a few times!! Also that MPs are NOT suppose to be writing letters on behalf of their consituents to give support, but can only look into a file. At the end of it all she told me to call her back in 3 months if he isn't here! So Mel you are fortuante that your MP will keep checking for you. BTW my MP is also the Minister of Immigration so it totally sucks to be me right now! LOL!

Hey, not complaining here just giving you guys the scoop.
Your MPs office is lying to you. They can contact all of the visa offices directly to see what's going on

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
PinkyM said:
What airline is hubby flying? From Mobay? We are flying home that day from Mobay on air canada rouge at like 2 or something....
Shoot!!!! he's leaving at around 830pm! I would have totally send you and him pictures and said "GO FIND HIM!!!" "MR. P FIND HER!!!" haha!

Hope you have an awesome trip!!

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Ok after getting all excited for hubby to send in his passport next week to POS... Now he tells me
He needs to renew his first.. Ugh I was so annoyed... But can't complain cuz we are so close.. He was telling me he can do a 5 day express? Anyone do that before?

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
stacyr320 said:
Passport...
No way !! Awwww that su#ks !! But as you said, you near the end...I sure he can get it express somewhere in Kingston. I don't remember who, but I know someone in the forum has to renew passport lately....so somebody will help you for sure ! :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
stacyr320 said:
Ok after getting all excited for hubby to send in his passport next week to POS... Now he tells me
He needs to renew his first.. Ugh I was so annoyed... But can't complain cuz we are so close.. He was telling me he can do a 5 day express? Anyone do that before?
Oh man that totally sucks, but like you said you are close so what is another five days in this torturous process!??!?!! I believe that MrsP's husband had to renew as well so hopefully she will be able to answer for you.