Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Good Morning JamFam! I am getting a little stressed that we have been "In Process" since Nov 6th yet haven't heard a thing yet! UGGGHHH!! This process is wearing me down and making me frustrated and sad :(

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Charlyn42 said:
Lexi that's incorrect, if the child has been attending school full time before their 21st birthday, cic considers him/her as a dependent and they can be sponsored based on that. I went to in process on Nov. 13, 2014. it has been 8 mths since application has been filed.
Notice – Changes to the definition of a dependent child
August 1, 2014 – UPDATE— Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) definition of a dependent child has changed.

The age at which a child will be considered a dependant has been reduced from under 22 to under 19.

The exception for full-time students has been removed. Applicants’ children who are 19 or over but are financially dependent on their parents and are enrolled in full-time studies are no longer eligible to be processed as dependent children.

In all cases, a child will continue to be considered a dependant, regardless of age, if they have depended substantially on their parents for financial support since before the age of 19 and are unable to be financially self-supporting because of a mental or physical condition.

New application kits, forms and fee information are available on CIC’s website.

All permanent residence applications received by CIC before August 1, 2014, will continue to benefit from the pre-amendment definition of dependent child.

Reducing the age for dependants to under 19 in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will bring the IRPR in line with provincial definitions of “age of majority,” which is currently evenly split between 18 and 19 across provinces and territories.

Young adults will be able to apply to come to Canada on their own merits as foreign students or through various economic programs.

Transitional measures are in place to allow certain applicants under multi-step permanent resident immigration programs who are in the immigration process before August 1, 2014, but who had not yet submitted their application for permanent residence, to have their applications completed based on the previous definition of dependent child.

These transitional measures apply to certain members of the following groups, including:

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicants;
Applicants who have applied under one of Quebec’s economic programs;
Live-in caregivers;
Refugees abroad and refugee claimants;
Quebec humanitarian cases;
Parents or grandparents whose sponsorship applications were received before November 5, 2011; and
Privately sponsored refugees whose sponsorship applications were received before October 18, 2012.
In addition, effective August 1, 2014, to ensure that children who meet the definition of dependent child at the first stage of a multi-step permanent resident immigration program remain eligible throughout what can be a multi-year process, the child’s age will be “locked in” at the first formal step of the immigration process, except for those that benefit from a transitional provision. For example, the age of a child whose parent applies to the PNP will be “locked in” on the date that the application for nomination is made to the province.

The regulatory package was published in the Canada Gazette, Part II on June 18, 2014, and can be found on their website.

For more information on the change in the definition of a dependent child, including related changes and their implications, see CIC’s website.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
stacyr320 said:
:) ok Port of Spain just emailed me.. They said my husband does not need to send updated info if it was already submitted to Kingston!! Phewww
You see I knew it was only a mistake! ;) Nice girl so send passport in now! Dont lose time ! :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Good Morning JamFam! I am getting a little stressed that we have been "In Process" since Nov 6th yet haven't heard a thing yet! UGGGHHH!! This process is wearing me down and making me frustrated and sad :(
Hang in there Thor! Theres no reason why it could take many weeks again...I sure you will hear something very soon! Crossed fingers!

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Twoheartsonelove said:
I share your pain:(, but hang in there Thor, our time will come soon!

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
THOR steen and MelJam - your times are coming! hang in there!!! xoxoxoxoxo

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
THOR steen and MelJam - your times are coming! hang in there!!! xoxoxoxoxo
Thanks ! Yea I do, still thinking positive always! Only thing I can do anyway! :) xoxoxoxo

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Twoheartsonelove said:

If you went into process and feel frustrated? Imagine what me or others feel that didn't hear anything as yet Trust me you feel like this when they you don't know what's going on or what taking so long.. but all we can do is just pray and wait.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
If you get down and you quarrel everyday,
You're saying prayers to the devils Bob Marley say !

Positive Vibration!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqOR7Bz_c0

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
lovindahubby said:
If you went into process and feel frustrated? Imagine what me or others feel that didn't hear anything as yet Trust me you feel like this when they you don't know what's going on or what taking so long.. but all we can do is just pray and wait.
LDH I was there and still am there! You are the only person ahead of me with no reason that we know of (i.e. arc or longer police certs from canada or usa, etc.) to not have moved forward as of yet. BUT who knows you can get the call/email any day now without going to "in process" online which is a cruel process in itself bc you know that they are looking at your file and every minute of every hour of every day you are on pins and needles waiting for the communication. Then as others point out is the even more cruel part of the process where the passport is there and you are again waiting for it to be returned which is even more frustrating!!

I have been NOTHING but supportive and nice to everyone on this forum including you. We are all in this FRUSTRATING and heart wrenching process and I THOUGHT that we were supportive and able to voice our worries, frustrations, happiness, etc. anytime. I do apologize IF I came across as being uncaring towards others feelings though including yours.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Twoheartsonelove said:
LDH I was there and still am there! You are the only person ahead of me with no reason that we know of (i.e. arc or longer police certs from canada or usa, etc.) to not have moved forward as of yet. BUT who knows you can get the call/email any day now without going to "in process" online which is a cruel process in itself bc you know that they are looking at your file and every minute of every hour of every day you are on pins and needles waiting for the communication. Then as others point out is the even more cruel part of the process where the passport is there and you are again waiting for it to be returned which is even more frustrating!!

I have been NOTHING but supportive and nice to everyone on this forum including you. We are all in this FRUSTRATING and heart wrenching process and I THOUGHT that we were supportive and able to voice our worries, frustrations, happiness, etc. anytime. I do apologize IF I came across as being uncaring towards others feelings though including yours.

I didn't say that hun...I'm just saying if ur frustrated imagine the rest that are still waiting and haven't been in process or haven't heard any thing ( they might be getting mad) that's what I mean not as in ur being uncaring!

So don't take it the wrong way. If or so u did! I apologize but I'm not rude or anything... but from now on I won't post.. just read as always and lurk!
I'm out!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
lovindahubby said:
I didn't say that hun...I'm just saying if ur frustrated imagine the rest that are still waiting and haven't been in process or haven't heard any thing ( they might be getting mad) that's what I mean not as in ur being uncaring!

So don't take it the wrong way. If or so u did! I apologize but I'm not rude or anything... but from now on I won't post.. just read as always and lurk!
I'm out!
I just wanted to make sure that you understood that I did not mean it in a malicious or uncaring matter either. Please do not NOT post anymore bc that is definitely NOT what I want. Clear the air and positive vibes only!

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Twoheartsonelove said:
I just wanted to make sure that you understood that I did not mean it in a malicious or uncaring matter either. Please do not NOT post anymore bc that is definitely NOT what I want. Clear the air and positive vibes only!
Have u tried emailing them or talking to ur MP?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
stacyr320 said:
Have u tried emailing them or talking to ur MP?
Yes I have sent POS an email soon after going to "In Process" and they replied to say that file is being looked at (well really said In Process...lol..no sh!t sherlock!). Then emailed them last week to ask about medicals but haven't heard back from them yet. I also spoke to my MP's office who said that they will look into the file, but nothing yet (even left them a few messages). My MP is also the Minister so he needs to back his policies I guess (meaning that if other MPs cannot help then he can't either) and also not treat my case any different even though I am his constituant. UGH! I was just having a pity party today I guess and wanted to voice my frustrastions.

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
Ninirae said:
Notice – Changes to the definition of a dependent child
August 1, 2014 – UPDATE— Citizenship and Immigration Canada's (CIC) definition of a dependent child has changed.

The age at which a child will be considered a dependant has been reduced from under 22 to under 19.

The exception for full-time students has been removed. Applicants' children who are 19 or over but are financially dependent on their parents and are enrolled in full-time studies are no longer eligible to be processed as dependent children.

In all cases, a child will continue to be considered a dependant, regardless of age, if they have depended substantially on their parents for financial support since before the age of 19 and are unable to be financially self-supporting because of a mental or physical condition.

New application kits, forms and fee information are available on CIC's website.

All permanent residence applications received by CIC before August 1, 2014, will continue to benefit from the pre-amendment definition of dependent child.

Reducing the age for dependants to under 19 in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will bring the IRPR in line with provincial definitions of “age of majority,” which is currently evenly split between 18 and 19 across provinces and territories.

Young adults will be able to apply to come to Canada on their own merits as foreign students or through various economic programs.

Transitional measures are in place to allow certain applicants under multi-step permanent resident immigration programs who are in the immigration process before August 1, 2014, but who had not yet submitted their application for permanent residence, to have their applications completed based on the previous definition of dependent child.

These transitional measures apply to certain members of the following groups, including:

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicants;
Applicants who have applied under one of Quebec's economic programs;
Live-in caregivers;
Refugees abroad and refugee claimants;
Quebec humanitarian cases;
Parents or grandparents whose sponsorship applications were received before November 5, 2011; and
Privately sponsored refugees whose sponsorship applications were received before October 18, 2012.
In addition, effective August 1, 2014, to ensure that children who meet the definition of dependent child at the first stage of a multi-step permanent resident immigration program remain eligible throughout what can be a multi-year process, the child's age will be “locked in” at the first formal step of the immigration process, except for those that benefit from a transitional provision. For example, the age of a child whose parent applies to the PNP will be “locked in” on the date that the application for nomination is made to the province.

The regulatory package was published in the Canada Gazette, Part II on June 18, 2014, and can be found on their website.

For more information on the change in the definition of a dependent child, including related changes and their implications, see CIC's website.
Good evening Jamfam, thanks for the information Ninirae. I know that the age for dependent child has been changed to under 19 as of August 1, 2014. However, my application was filed in March 2014, so it will not affect us.