+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - I submitted my son's application in December 2013 along with medical and police records, he's here in Canada with me on a visitor's visa which is good until Feb. 2015. I just check his online status and there has been a new line added #2 (after nearly a year of nothing).

What does this mean and what can we expect to happen next? Are his papers being processed? I'm just not sure. Thanks for your help.

This is what is now showing for his status:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 10, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on November 18, 2014.

3.Medical results have been received.

Last month they asked for updated pictures of him and sent us "update of status" forms to complete.

The second line was just added this morning.....so I was wondering what that means. Thanks!

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
Twoheartsonelove said:
LDH I was there and still am there! You are the only person ahead of me with no reason that we know of (i.e. arc or longer police certs from canada or usa, etc.) to not have moved forward as of yet. BUT who knows you can get the call/email any day now without going to "in process" online which is a cruel process in itself bc you know that they are looking at your file and every minute of every hour of every day you are on pins and needles waiting for the communication. Then as others point out is the even more cruel part of the process where the passport is there and you are again waiting for it to be returned which is even more frustrating!!

I have been NOTHING but supportive and nice to everyone on this forum including you. We are all in this FRUSTRATING and heart wrenching process and I THOUGHT that we were supportive and able to voice our worries, frustrations, happiness, etc. anytime. I do apologize IF I came across as being uncaring towards others feelings though including yours.
THOR, i know exactly what you mean and I've read about it from other jamfam members but when you are actually in the situation thats when you really understand. I've gone to in process from Nov. 13 and everyday since then as i hear my cell phone a rush of anxiety comes over me. So I do understand when you say you are on pins and needles. I'm sure we will hear something soon. For those members who have still not heard anything I can only encourage you to please stay positive and continue to pray and ask God for the strength to deal with this process.

stacyr320

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-01-2014
Interview........
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2015
LANDED..........
31-01-2015
Twoheartsonelove said:
Yes I have sent POS an email soon after going to "In Process" and they replied to say that file is being looked at (well really said In Process...lol..no sh!t sherlock!). Then emailed them last week to ask about medicals but haven't heard back from them yet. I also spoke to my MP's office who said that they will look into the file, but nothing yet (even left them a few messages). My MP is also the Minister so he needs to back his policies I guess (meaning that if other MPs cannot help then he can't either) and also not treat my case any different even though I am his constituant. UGH! I was just having a pity party today I guess and wanted to voice my frustrastions.
I know how u feel... Cuz the last bit seems to be the most stressful cuz we are so close...oxo

jacwife

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hey Jacwife and Stacy...and anyone POS...The worst thing was getting an understanding of what it is that they do for oversea shipments...Sounds like FedEx doesn't let you do the prepaid inside the pkg at time of sending PP either...now that I know the scoop with DHL and what to ask for it might not be the worst situation for those of you coming up. Here is the process in a nutshell of what you need to do to make it smooth sailing - it's descriptive but if you have questions let me know, I probably had the same one :)

Applicant will need to go to DHL and send off the PP, then you (or hubby) email POS explaining that you need them to contact you via email when the package is ready to get picked up from their office so you can make courier arrangements because you were unable to get a prepaid envelope. when they respond to you - you can then call DHL Jamaica (876-920-0010) and explain to the rep that you have a pkg at Trini Embassy that needs to get picked up - and that you'll need the "Consignee Liability Letter for Destination Requested Shipment". Ask them to email this to you and fill it out with the APPLICANTS information and the POS information. then scan and email it back to that same person stating that they ensure it's going to go back to MOBAY or KINGSTON (mine went to KINGSTON in their error, slowing us down even more) and they will send that form to DHL Trinidad and the courier goes to the Embassy 2x per day to pick up packages. EMAIL POS to let them know you've made the arrangements and DHL will by to pick it up that day or the following (business) day. DHL Trin will ONLY be notified that there is a shipment, not the name on the package or anything like that, so if within 1 business day after you make courier arrangements and your shipment has NOT been picked up, contact DHL JA to see if the package had been attempted to get picked up - if so EMAIL POS to say they have tried to pick it up, please ensure it's available for pick up and provide a tracking number if possible. IF it has been picked up...track it all the way home -- it will go all over the place...it takes 2 business days to return.

Hope this helps!!

Mrs. P ,

Thanks so much for explaining the process. Makes more sense to me now even though its complicated. I did contact fedex and I found out some more info that also makes better sense than what I was been told before.

First of all, the prepaid envelope and the airway bill are two separate things(didn't know cuz ive never done this before...lol :-[)
You can only get a prepaid envelope if you have a fedex account attached to a credit card , whereby you can print the labels yourself online and send it.

If you do not have a fedex account, you can go to a fedex store and get a airway bill. You will have to get a bank draft made out in fedex name in US dollars and send in the package along with the waybill for the immigration to send back.

The question is which headache should I take on...... ::)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Taylor-Hall said:
Hi - I submitted my son's application in December 2013 along with medical and police records, he's here in Canada with me on a visitor's visa which is good until Feb. 2015. I just check his online status and there has been a new line added #2 (after nearly a year of nothing).

What does this mean and what can we expect to happen next? Are his papers being processed? I'm just not sure. Thanks for your help.

This is what is now showing for his status:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 10, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on November 18, 2014.

3.Medical results have been received.

Last month they asked for updated pictures of him and sent us "update of status" forms to complete.

The second line was just added this morning.....so I was wondering what that means. Thanks!
Welcome to our Jamfam! I think if you sent everything they asked for, I guess PPR is around the corner...but since hes in Canada with you...I dont know how u will proceed to get the visa...even you send the passport to the visa office...does your son have to go back to Jamaica or they will send you back the passport in Canada?? Does your file is in Kingston or Port of Spain?

Taylor-Hall

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MelJam said:
Welcome to our Jamfam! I think if you sent everything they asked for, I guess PPR is around the corner...but since hes in Canada with you...I dont know how u will proceed to get the visa...even you send the passport to the visa office...does your son have to go back to Jamaica or they will send you back the passport in Canada?? Does your file is in Kingston or Port of Spain?
Thanks!! What's a PPR (?) sorry, not used to the abbreviations. I am of the understanding that they will send documents to us here and he will have to go to the nearest border to leave Canada and then re-enter, but that's just my understanding......

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Taylor-Hall said:
Thanks!! What's a PPR (?) sorry, not used to the abbreviations. I am of the understanding that they will send documents to us here and he will have to go to the nearest border to leave Canada and then re-enter, but that's just my understanding......
PPR = PassPort Request :) But he cant go to the USA side with no american visa...I really think he will have to go back to Jamaica and renter Canada with the permanent residence visa stamp in the visa. But I not sure its only what i think since a I know someone who has to do this before. And do you know if your file has been transferred to Trinidad or it still in Kingston? You applied for sponsorship or only permanent residence?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MelJam said:
PPR = PassPort Request :) But he cant go to the USA side with no american visa...I really think he will have to go back to Jamaica and renter Canada with the permanent residence visa stamp in the visa. But I not sure its only what i think since a I know someone who has to do this before. And do you know if your file has been transferred to Trinidad or it still in Kingston? You applied for sponsorship or only permanent residence?
He wouldn't actually be crossing the border. He would get there and tell them he landing in Canada and they will turn him back to the Canadian side. However since he's just on a visitors visa he might have to go back to JA and land there and he will need to send his passport off. One of the other forum member just had to do this. Her hubby was here but they told him he needed to go back in order to get his visa. Hopefully you don't have to do this but be prepared to do so. Either way...he will land and he won't have to go back!!

atclarke

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
MelJam said:
My friends husband had to do that because at the airport they didn't stamp his papers when he landed... so i know he had to go to the border, tell them he's landing then they turn you around so that you can go back to Canadian customs to get papers stamped and land. She's not lying lol and you don't need a US visa either.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Charlyn42 said:
Good evening Jamfam, thanks for the information Ninirae. I know that the age for dependent child has been changed to under 19 as of August 1, 2014. However, my application was filed in March 2014, so it will not affect us.
I knew that from a previous post from you, I just figured this way it saves the conflicting information ;D :-*

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Good morning forum-family! Soooooo.... I lurk much more than I post now, and maybe some of the older members, or members who have gone through this process can give me a yay or nay, but basically, here is how the emotional process goes (for me at least):

Step 1: Sponsorship Application
*So incredibly excited to get this process on the go. The month or two that it can take for approval (mine was a couple of weeks), can feel like a long time, yet it passes fairly quick because it's the beginning and I'm still running off of adrenaline and excitement from the filing and the simple thought of us being together forever. By the time SA comes around, starting to feel discouraged, but everything picks up and feels awesome once you see that Approval come through. You immediately think "OMG, already?! My spouse will be here in just a few months now!"

Step 2: Permanent Residence Application
*Your application has been sent to Jamaica (WOOHOO!), this is going to be a breeze! We are ready for anything that is thrown our way, I'm so glad our marriage is stronger than others we have heard of and we won't fight and we will be understanding and blah blah blah.... that's usually the first few months. Usually around the 6 month mark of your file sitting in Kingston with ABSOLUTELY NO WORD OR MOVEMENT, you start to get upset. The arguments begin, but are tolerable still (that's okay, you will Skype, call, visit more - you will be fine!). You are watching others hear something from Kingston, you are frustrated, but you don't really speak up because you're so early in this process compared to others, you feel as though you can't really complain because some people wait YEARS. That 6-month mark creeps up to the 10-11month mark and at this point your getting incredibly irritable. Both you and your spouse. You can't really put your finger on it, but it's the process. It chips away at the bond you have with your spouse and picks at your foundation, trying to have it crumble beneath you - the system is whispering "throw in the towel, it's not worth the stress!" You then hit the 1-year mark.... it's almost like a trigger. You cannot believe you haven't heard a word! You're now going to sue the government for trying to ruin your family! You're going to petition, you are going to riot... THEY CAN'T DO THIS! But what we forget is... yes they can. They have been doing it for years.

Step 3: "In-Process/PPR"
*This is grueling (believe it or not). Sometimes you long for the feeling of not knowing... because now you are in process and every day feels like a WEEK! You will start complaining or venting more and those who haven't heard anything yet will get upset with you "Imagine how we feel?! We haven't heard anything at all! You should be grateful!" Please do not mistaken complaining for lack of gratefulness. We are SO happy that our files are being looked at, but it seriously feels as though every day is almost a week long. Then that email/phone call/letter comes in asking for something (usually Passport) and you are on Cloud 9 again! In goes that passport! It will be back any day right?! -Remember my comment about the days feeling like weeks-

Step 4: "Decision Made"
*This is it! It's over! Finally! We are getting whatever it is we need back and we can be together. This is usually done within a day to a week (sometimes longer). But from the time you see "decision made", you know it's over.... those "days" now feel like MONTHS. Every hour feels like a week. It's like the closer you are, the more painful and dragged out the entire thing is!

Step 5: "Passport in hand"
*NOW it gets exciting! They have the VISA, they have the passport and they have a flight booked. Time has returned to normal... or at least we thought it has. What actually happens is there is a major time warp in our minds and all of a sudden, that year(s) you have been apart was not nearly enough time for you to prepare for them coming home to you - SO MUCH TO DO AND NOT ENOUGH TIME! But there is time, and you are ready and so are they, because it doesn't matter what it there or isn't there, you will be together, and that's all that matters.

ADDITIONAL POINTS:
-Your pain will ALWAYS outweigh others (even if we don't want to admit it)
-Your application it ALWAYS the most important one
-You will ALWAYS want to be processed first (even before those waiting for years)
-You WILL be grateful for your status once it moves, but you will complain just as much (unless it moves crazy fast)
-You WILL get mad at others, be short tempered and lash out (on the forum, in person, everywhere)
-You WILL feel bad and apologize (a lot)
-NOBODY will understand the pain you are going through in this process more, than someone who is in, or is going through, this process too

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR! :-* :-* :-*

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Nini, every.single.thing. you've said is EXACTLY what it's like. I agree wholeheartedly as I'm sure ANYONE who gets to those points or has been there would agree too.

That sums it up completely. dang girl! :-* :-* If everyone from Sponsorship approval to Decision Made reads this, it will hopefully bring everyone back to reality and even though some of us are LITERALLY minutes away from "Visa in Hand" it doesn't mean the stress is over, that's for sure, but it also doesn't mean we aren't grateful and thrilled. We just need to keep encouraging and rooting for each other and lifting each other when this process weighs down us and our marriages - we are the JamFam after all! ;D

Reactions: Tiffany02

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
FINALLLY!!!!!!! VISA IN HIS HANDS!!!!!!! ;D :-* :-* YAYYYY!!!!

He'll be home Dec 2nd!!!! Much love!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mrs. Parkin said:

WOOT WOOT!!! 6 days mama and he will be here. Hopefully PEI doesn't get all the snow that they are calling for.

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Mrs. Parkin said:

Congrats!!!! So happy that your hubby will be home with you very soon!!! And right on time for the holidays!! :)