+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
GOOD MORNING FORUM FAMILY

hope everyone is well, i came back from vacation last week which was a nice break i was able to take my mind off the whole kg process for a while which really helped!! unfortunately my hubby did not get his pp pickup call in time to join us for the vaca , does anyone know how long they keep the pp for its been almost 6 weeks :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(!!! its really hard because his job wants a months notice before he leaves.

im praying that kg starts working hard now that september is around the corner, this summer flew by really fast wow! everyone better be ready for their turn :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

KENSWIFE

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Thanks for the Warm Welcome everyone. Especially from the Members who have already made it through the system. I felt blest that you guys took time away from Your newly restored Families, to Pop in for a few Minutes and Check upon the rest of us who are still waiting Impatiently. ;D You Guys truly are a Blessing.
I'm sure that you have uplifted the entire Team Morale and thanks for that.
God will also take the time out to Ensure that your Families Stays Blessed.

P.s You all are in my Prayers especially those of you who have been waiting since 08 and 09 Hopefully with the Summer Holidays Gone Kgn will start working Full speed and clean up all the back logs.
Hmm...Has anyone Noticed if they tend to do more approvals towards the end of the year, or do they tend to do this towards the Beginning of the year anyone?

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kenswife, I would email them if I were you...I waited a long time and had emailed them several times and the last time I emailed them (I think it was around 6 weeks since they had PP) they called my husband to pickup PP and told him some BS that they had tried to call him before for him to pickup...his visa was in his PP the day after he dropped it off...so def email them and tell them how long it's been....no need to take 6 weeks to get it back that is crazy...good luck!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone hope you all had a great weekend. Welcome Godbless. Chelly nice of you to drive by..lol. How can you adjust after living in all the beauty of Jamaica. I was gone for only 2 weeks and came home and didn't like it here.
Kenswife I would diffently email them and not stop. 6 weeks is nuts I say. Of course on our end KG is now waiting on hubby, not the other way around. He took the little man back to the doctor for his med redo, he didn't need anything done. Hubby was told he had to wait for the results and then come back. I figured he would be given a reciept and be on his way. But they said no its this way. He is heading to KG Sept 7 to hand it all in and then we WAIT. :p
Lets hope for some good updates on here.

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Good morning All

Welcome Godblesswife!!

Kenswife: u need to write them.....weird for them to have it so long.....
cant hurt to email them....GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Hoping for some UPDATES this week!!!

Take care everyone.....

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
Thanks for the advice
im going to email them today, im starting to get a little worried now, will keep you all posted

KW

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey guys,

How's everyone doing? I hope you all are smiling and giggling softly because I am sensing a few updates this week.

Well, well, well, still no interview letter in the mail and I am beginning to piss about it. I have contacted that office and still no word from them. Is the Government of Canada so frigging slow at reaching out to their clients? How about customer service? We have paid them almost close to $1000 to processing our application and in turn put up with such BS of Customer Service.

I really wish there was something or someone to get a hold of to file a complaint against this office.

I only have anger and ridicule and everything build up in me right now.

Sanchester

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2010
Doc's Request.
No Request
AOR Received.
19-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-10
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi everyone,

Just stopping by.. and checking In. Seeing if anyone has had any good news.... a read a few messages and it doesnt seem like any news so far. I'll keep praying for all of you still waiting and missing their babies!

I don't come on here much because I don't have a computer at home, by choice, because I would be obsessed with being on here every minute and facebook!

Well I have a tiny update which I'm excited for.... My husband finally has his police record, medical papers and we Finally just got our marriage certificate which took almost 4 weeks to get. Im really excited to finally start the process!

I've just been collecting our "proof" of relationship stuff together...
* emails
* phone bills
* pictures ( maybe 50 photos, 10 photos from each time I've visited with my husband)
* paid the $1040 application fee and PR fee all at once
* letter I wrote in support of application
* Husband's letter of support of application
* letter of confirmation that i added my husband to my benefits at work
* employment letter
* option C form from revenue canada
* Wedding certificate
* Print outs of facebook
* Boarding passes
* Reciepts for villas that my husband has paid for accomadations

I sent this list for you guys to look at, can you please suggest anything else that might help that will benefit our application.

Thanks, thanks thanks!!

I hope everyone is happy, healthy and safe and having a great Monday!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Kenswife: Yeah I agree to email them and if you get no reply contact your MP. That is wayyyy too long.

Confused: I dont know what happened to your letter. But don't stress bout it. Just show up for your interview and set them straight. Do you think there is anything else in the letter that you don't know already, or that you need for the interview?

Godblesswife: From what I have seen there are usually lots of updates between October and February. The summer months are usually slow.

Nae: I am good, hating mondays as usual. I almost called in sick this morning. Had to really drag myself out of bed.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kenswife - I agree that you should email them too....let us know what happens!

confused - jammy's right, don't stress yourself out! you know you've got this covered, you are prepared, you have everything you need....it'll be so satisfying showing up all prepared and aceing the interview

sanchester - sounds like you have everything you need and are ready to go! it was exciting for me to get the app's in...the fact that you have started feels great!

jammy - I hate Monday's too!! let's auction them off on ebay....it may get you that 5 million you want lol

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Thanks Jammy. here's to hoping that from this week onwards we get alot of updates on progress on here. God's willing

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good afternoon family, hopefully we have some to report this month. Tag Jammy

A farmer who's been involved in a terrible road accident with a large truck ended up in court fighting for a big compensation claim. "I understand you're claiming damages for the injuries you're supposed to have suffered?" Stated the counsel for the insurance company. "Yes, that's right," replied the farmer, nodding his head. "You claim you were injured in the accident, yet I have a signed police statement that says that when the attending police officer asked you how you were feeling, you replied, 'I've never felt better in my life.' Is that the case?" "Yeah, but" stammered the farmer. "A simple yes or not will suffice," counsel interrupted quickly. "Yes," Replied the farmer. Then it was the turn of the farmer's counsel to ask him questions. "Please tell the court the exact circumstance of events following the accident when you made your statement of health," his lawyer said. "Certainly," replied the farmer. "After the accident my horse was thrashing around with a broken leg and my poor old dog was howling in pain. This cop comes along, takes one look at my horse and shoots him dead. "Then he goes over to my dog, looks at him and shoots him dead too. Then he come straight over to me and asked me how I was feeling. "Now, mate, what the hell would you have said to him?"

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Happy Tuesday Forum Fam, by his Grace we should be having the updates swirling in from today now, Today will mark the Beginning of great days to come as we say goodbye to August and welcome in SEPTEMBER
, Especially for the peeps on here who have been waiting well over a year. I claim victory for you in Jesus' name .
September will be a month for Updates and break throughs. Infact 2010 will be the year that alot of Families will be reunited. just keep on holding on. your Deliverance is just around the corner. Amen.
P.s has anyone experienced any difficulties using an old style Jamican Birth Certificate long version. I know there is a new
coloured one out now,
But I have like 3 Copies of the old one. So if I could do without the extra spending I would love to do that.
I photocopied the older version as per document Checklist. Appendix A and sent original Marriage Certificate accordingly. I had a few of those too
I've also noticed they asked for photocopy of Birth but original of Marriage
Certificates. I wonder why if they will still need the original in the end. Or am I wrong in thinking they will still call for the original Birth after requesting for only
a photocopy in their checklist? the birth certificate in question would only be mine, no Children involved in our application.
Hence no parents needs to be named.
awwww ..."EXHALE", so many unanswered questions, but just want to be ahead of them (Immigration CIC) and pre-empt all the little delays. so they wont happen. thanks guys for reading through my essay of a posting. ;)

Godbless

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
godblesswife

i sent originals of marriage and jamaican bc and did not get the "request for original docs" that many get... i think in the end sending does expedite in some way, but there is the risk that they'll be lost (has happened to one girl), but in the end the originals are almost always requested, and as you said, there are often multiple copies of each floating around (i know if you order a new jamaican bc it'll cost 160US but you get 6 copies lol)...

not sure about everyone else, or about the old bc, my hubby's looked like the marriage certificate...

hi everyone else... baby is eating my knees... guess he's hungry!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
godblesswife - I sent original marriage and birth certificate. I believe for the sponsorship application it asks for a photocopy of your marriage certificate but then KG requires the original. KG also asks for the original birth certificate.