Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Jah-Canadian said:
OK NOW IM BAFFLED. HUBBY JUST CALLED 5 MINUTES AGO, THEY CALLED HIM AND REQUESTED HIS PASSPORT?!!!

this is how life works ah...i just said and felt like giving up....honestly im over the moon and sooooooo confused...they havent even received his PC redo yet. i guess whoever was telling my MP that they were requesting more than just PC had no idea it was his PP. i did send an email on my husbands behalf, could that have pushed them to call? either way...

i dont have words...
Congrats hun!! Spreadsheet updated with PURPLE!! Yess yesss!! We want more !! PPR PPR PPR !!

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,

I don't want to take away any attention from all this good news and activity however, I did promise a post-landing update...lol!

Mr. DG & I, are "Finally" adjusted to each other...lol! I am not sure about anyone else but, the transition period of being married & single to married and living together was hard for us. To boot add the culture adjustment of Canadian living and I tell you my knees are tender from all the praying.

Don't get me wrong, I love having my Husband here, I just didn't think I would have to get "use" to living with him...not sure if that makes sense. It was a big adjustment for the both of us as we both have never lived with a significant other prior to this. I had a lot of learning to do...such as sharing space, learning to see and not see, and being patient with my husband's transition and learning phase.

Many a times I had to catch myself and say...DG...this is what you fought for, this is what you prayed for 27 months and this is what you wished for every time you saw a star :) I really had to look into myself and see what I could do to make this process easier for the both of us. It took a really good and long open candid conversation between the both of us and GOD to determine what it was that appeared not to be working. Once we had that conversation I tell you it was a 180 degree change.

We both know our roles and the expectations we have of one another. I tell you ladies and gents...this process is trying to say the least. We all picture that it will be rainbows and unicorns once they land but, "real" life has something else in store. Most of our relationships have been perfect to speak...such as vacationing...hotel stays...beautiful beautiful Jamaica but, transitioning to everyday life with bills, careers, school, children and all that good stuff are challenging. My best advice is to take one day at a time...be patient...be kind...and remember to LOVE hard.

Mr. DG is getting ready to take his Driving examination. He is also getting ready to go back to school and has adjusted well into taking the bus and going around on his own. I am really proud of my husband and I am grateful that he has enough patience for the both of us.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour!!!

Love
DG :-*
Nice to hear from you DG glad Mr. DG is adjusting. Continue to keep working on it and please keep us updated ever so often as ur encouraging words are helpfull to us.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Hello jamfam, congrats to all those who receive PPRS I'm liking how Kingston is moving.
Anybody going to Jamaica in October from now on be careful, that Chicagana is terrible! It's really bad and now I'm hearing that there may be a slight chance that someone have Ebola down there! Hear that is a doctor bring it there! So yall be careful

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,

I don't want to take away any attention from all this good news and activity however, I did promise a post-landing update...lol!

Mr. DG & I, are "Finally" adjusted to each other...lol! I am not sure about anyone else but, the transition period of being married & single to married and living together was hard for us. To boot add the culture adjustment of Canadian living and I tell you my knees are tender from all the praying.

Don't get me wrong, I love having my Husband here, I just didn't think I would have to get "use" to living with him...not sure if that makes sense. It was a big adjustment for the both of us as we both have never lived with a significant other prior to this. I had a lot of learning to do...such as sharing space, learning to see and not see, and being patient with my husband's transition and learning phase.

Many a times I had to catch myself and say...DG...this is what you fought for, this is what you prayed for 27 months and this is what you wished for every time you saw a star :) I really had to look into myself and see what I could do to make this process easier for the both of us. It took a really good and long open candid conversation between the both of us and GOD to determine what it was that appeared not to be working. Once we had that conversation I tell you it was a 180 degree change.

We both know our roles and the expectations we have of one another. I tell you ladies and gents...this process is trying to say the least. We all picture that it will be rainbows and unicorns once they land but, "real" life has something else in store. Most of our relationships have been perfect to speak...such as vacationing...hotel stays...beautiful beautiful Jamaica but, transitioning to everyday life with bills, careers, school, children and all that good stuff are challenging. My best advice is to take one day at a time...be patient...be kind...and remember to LOVE hard.

Mr. DG is getting ready to take his Driving examination. He is also getting ready to go back to school and has adjusted well into taking the bus and going around on his own. I am really proud of my husband and I am grateful that he has enough patience for the both of us.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour!!!

Love
DG :-*
Thanks for sharing your experience with us Daddys Girl. We need to be realistic, it won't be a cup of tea for neither of us. Hubby needs to adjust to a new culture, weather, way of living and in my case a new language as well. They leave everything behind to be with us. They also need to get used to their independant, efficient, multitasking and tiny bit controling at times wife :eek:
We have to keep in mind that when we live one big change in our life like a new job for exemple it can be stressful and push us off balance, they basically turn their lifestyle upside down, that is a HUGE proof of love! Jamaican people are proud, these 10000 changes all at ones must be putting a lot of weight on their shoulders.

I was glad to hear you say that you were very proud of him. As I said before, the immigration process is preparing us for this radical couple dynamic, being far away, miss each other, arguing, be mad at times, trust each and motivate each other, that is what we will continue working out but on a next level.

May your Family stay a happy, healthy and loving one because this is all we need.

palara

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 22, 2013
File Transfer...
December 5, 2013
Med's Done....
May 28,2013
CanJam said:
Discussion : For those of you who 's hubby (spouse) have child/ren... Are they coming up now, later ???
What's your plans, thoughts, concerns etc... ( step children, blended family, etc) ;) :D ;D
My stepson is coming with hubby, I have a 18 yr old and it's has just been me and him for 18yrs but everyone seem to be looking forward too me against 3 guys but I look at it as I will be the only Queen in the house. I'm not worried about him making friends just his adjustment in school.

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Bonjour tout le monde!

I have been reading the numerous posts for this thread on and off for a few weeks, maybe a couple months.
And I must say, everyone seems so warm, helpful and gracious! I love that! To be honest, whenever I feel impatient and wonder when this process will end, I find solace here. I like the positive vibe and energy here. Keep it up guys, if the physical world was like this thread, we'd be living in a very happy place!

This is my very first post here and as many posts as I've read, it would appear that it's all wives here? I kind of delayed posting because I never wanted to be the odd ball - being a husband awaiting his journey to Canada to be with his wife - the only guy here- I think.

As the new guy on the block, I've indirectly received many answers to questions I had by simply reading the available posts on this thread. And I've also come into some new knowledge such as finding out that we can actually "order notes". How did you guys become so knowledgeable? I've read so much stuff and never saw some of the things that you guys mentioned - but I'm glad I came in contact with all the new information that I did.

Presently, I only have one question. Is there a law that prevents spouses that are being sponsored to Canada from being granted a TRV? I long to be in the same place with my wife, and I could have patiently waited for our reunification - however a change in our circumstances has obliterated my patience. My wife has become pregnant and it's our very first child - and I can't travel to Canada because I don't have a TRV. And I cannot even fathom not being by her side when she gives birth ... if I could I'd move mountains to be by her side when she gives birth ... this happens in November. Do you guys know if there is any chance that I might be granted a TRV to travel to Canada for this occasion? I also think it worthy of mention that I applied a few months ago already highlighting this same desire and my TRV application was refused ... Any advice would be appreciated as I plan to apply again.

May God bless you all, and may all your papers be processed expeditiously.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
PrayerWarrior said:
Presently, I only have one question. Is there a law that prevents spouses that are being sponsored to Canada from being granted a TRV? I long to be in the same place with my wife, and I could have patiently waited for our reunification - however a change in our circumstances has obliterated my patience. My wife has become pregnant and it's our very first child - and I can't travel to Canada because I don't have a TRV. And I cannot even fathom not being by her side when she gives birth ... if I could I'd move mountains to be by her side when she gives birth ... this happens in November. Do you guys know if there is any chance that I might be granted a TRV to travel to Canada for this occasion? I also think it worthy of mention that I applied a few months ago already highlighting this same desire and my TRV application was refused ... Any advice would be appreciated as I plan to apply again.

Hi PrayerWarrior and WELCOME to our JamFam. We have had hubbies on here before - one in particular that is in the Home Stretch! With this couple we are lucky enough to have both hub/wife on here! Welcome welcome.

I'm so glad you were able to get a lot of answers on here, it's been that way for all of us that have joined and it's become, for us, something that helps through the tough times of waiting...

As for your specific inquiry, this question has been brought up in the past and unfortunately it's not often that TRV's are granted -- even for births. :'( There are definitely others here who feel the pain of missing this precious time that can maybe give you some better advice and can empathize. However, what is your time line and info (if you look below my name you'll see my info)? Are you just beginning things or is it possible that you are close to getting here? If you wouldn't mind sharing your details, one of our girls (MelJam, Sammy, Nini) would be able to add you to the spreadsheet we have going so we can track your progress :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
PrayerWarrior said:
Bonjour tout le monde!

I have been reading the numerous posts for this thread on and off for a few weeks, maybe a couple months.
And I must say, everyone seems so warm, helpful and gracious! I love that! To be honest, whenever I feel impatient and wonder when this process will end, I find solace here. I like the positive vibe and energy here. Keep it up guys, if the physical world was like this thread, we'd be living in a very happy place!

This is my very first post here and as many posts as I've read, it would appear that it's all wives here? I kind of delayed posting because I never wanted to be the odd ball - being a husband awaiting his journey to Canada to be with his wife - the only guy here- I think.

As the new guy on the block, I've indirectly received many answers to questions I had by simply reading the available posts on this thread. And I've also come into some new knowledge such as finding out that we can actually "order notes". How did you guys become so knowledgeable? I've read so much stuff and never saw some of the things that you guys mentioned - but I'm glad I came in contact with all the new information that I did.

Welcome to our JamFam !! :) As Mrs. Parkin says, give me your timeline so I add you to the spreadsheet....see the link in my signature so you can see the progess of everyones as well.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Good morning Jam Fam,
About the spreadsheet, I was thinking to put a color on the name of people who their files has been forwarded to Port of Spain so we can see easily the difference in the progess of both visa offices....What you guys think? I would just need everybody to remind me who is in Port of Spain....Have a wonderful day !

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
PrayerWarrior said:
Bonjour tout le monde!

Hey welcome to jamfam,
We actually need some men in here dwl! But welcome , one thing I can say about that TRV they deny spouse because they think you will come here and not return back ja! So no matter how much good ties u have back in ur home they will refuse the visa! Only couple people I kno get thru. And I was in that same situation, first pregnancy and my husband applied and they refused him. So it's no biggy! But welcome

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
I like the POS color being different MelJam --- I am one of them -- I know THOR is too :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
I like the POS color being different MelJam --- I am one of them -- I know THOR is too :)
Ok so I will start this today ! ;) Thanks girl !

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
MelJam said:
Ok so I will start this today ! ;) Thanks girl !
I like it as well!!! I'm giving you full control over the spreadsheet now. :)

Thanks so much for taking it over xo

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PrayerWarrior said:
Bonjour tout le monde!

Bonjour PrayerWarrior et bienvenue parmis nous!

We had a few husband here with us and we are more than happy to welcome you to the JamFam! As MelJam mentioned, could you please share with us the timeline and few other details as showing on the spreadsheet like the province you'll be living upon your arrival in Canada?

Congratulation to you and your wife for the very soon to come bundle of joy :) You could always try for the TRV but unfortunately it will be most likely refused. Most of the forum members requested one before sponsorship and after for various good reasons, but always decline I am sorry to say. It doesn't make sense to me once the immigration process started because nobody would take the chance to jeopardise their permanent resident visa....

Feel free to share with us, we are all going through the same process and very supportive to each other.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
MelJam said:
Good morning Jam Fam,
About the spreadsheet, I was thinking to put a color on the name of people who their files has been forwarded to Port of Spain so we can see easily the difference in the progess of both visa offices....What you guys think? I would just need everybody to remind me who is in Port of Spain....Have a wonderful day !
Good morning Jamfam!!!

Mel I think that it is a very good idea, but wouldn't be possible to choose a different color than the one used for the Denials for our Jamfam members who's app being transfered to POS? Just my two cents ;)