Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Twoheartsonelove said:
Great idea MelJam and thank you again for taking this over/helping Sammy. I hope and pray that we are going to keep you VERY busy in the next few months with that PURPLE hightligher :p ;D
Yea mi too I want to put purple everyday !! :D

S_spence : updated in green! ;)

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
PC redo request 05-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013 expired then extended
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
truth right down to it...all this has tested many of us and it is nice to feel some relief of the stresses and know the heartache will soon end.
we all know a new stress comes when they land, but with god in your heart and facing the days together anything is possible!!!!

more blessings

AND PPR FOR ALL WHO STILL PATIENTLY WAIT!!!!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
DADDYS GIRL said:
Congratulations is in order!!! I tell you nothing I mean nothing makes sense in this process especially with the Kingston VO. At least you can breathe a bit easier.

Still get all your info together and have it handy.

Thanks DG and yes nothing has made sense! got both the Pc redo and PP on it's way to kingston as of today

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
cafelatte02 said:
Yayyyyyy! Congrats to Mr and Mrs Jah-Canadian! I know how it feels hun, fresh feeling from yesterday morning :p It is truly an amazing feeling, relief, knowing that this long and painfull process is about to end for good at last!

Your hubby told you the only thing they requested is the PP? Because I know that they won't issue the visa if the PC is expired. If your husband already have the new one in his possession tell him to send it TOMORROW by DHL to avoid any further delay. Ask him to give you the way bill number, it will be delivered the next day around 15:35 and signed by J Hamilton ;)

yes yes cafe!! and all docs are on their way....my goddd i still can't believe how fast this all happened from sept 5th!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
MelJam said:
Congrats hun!! Spreadsheet updated with PURPLE!! Yess yesss!! We want more !! PPR PPR PPR !!
thank you!

i couldnt agree with you more!

COMMON KINGSTON AND POS..PPR AND PURPLE AND GREEN EVERYWHERE!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,

I don't want to take away any attention from all this good news and activity however, I did promise a post-landing update...lol!

Mr. DG & I, are "Finally" adjusted to each other...lol! I am not sure about anyone else but, the transition period of being married & single to married and living together was hard for us. To boot add the culture adjustment of Canadian living and I tell you my knees are tender from all the praying.

Don't get me wrong, I love having my Husband here, I just didn't think I would have to get "use" to living with him...not sure if that makes sense. It was a big adjustment for the both of us as we both have never lived with a significant other prior to this. I had a lot of learning to do...such as sharing space, learning to see and not see, and being patient with my husband's transition and learning phase.

Many a times I had to catch myself and say...DG...this is what you fought for, this is what you prayed for 27 months and this is what you wished for every time you saw a star :) I really had to look into myself and see what I could do to make this process easier for the both of us. It took a really good and long open candid conversation between the both of us and GOD to determine what it was that appeared not to be working. Once we had that conversation I tell you it was a 180 degree change.

We both know our roles and the expectations we have of one another. I tell you ladies and gents...this process is trying to say the least. We all picture that it will be rainbows and unicorns once they land but, "real" life has something else in store. Most of our relationships have been perfect to speak...such as vacationing...hotel stays...beautiful beautiful Jamaica but, transitioning to everyday life with bills, careers, school, children and all that good stuff are challenging. My best advice is to take one day at a time...be patient...be kind...and remember to LOVE hard.

Mr. DG is getting ready to take his Driving examination. He is also getting ready to go back to school and has adjusted well into taking the bus and going around on his own. I am really proud of my husband and I am grateful that he has enough patience for the both of us.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour!!!

Love
DG :-*
i was not surprised by your story but more so appreciated your honesty and ability to accept what it is. i too feel i will be in the same boat when hubby arrives, but as Nini said, it will work out if you work together, and patience and understanding are so important. if the love is real it will all work itself out and be worth every tear.

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
s_spence said:
Great idea, we are one of those files sent to POS.
Good idea and my file is also in POS

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
palara said:
My stepson is coming with hubby, I have a 18 yr old and it's has just been me and him for 18yrs but everyone seem to be looking forward too me against 3 guys but I look at it as I will be the only Queen in the house. I'm not worried about him making friends just his adjustment in school.

I love the 'only Queen' idea ...
My concern for my step daughter ( husband already here step daughter coming later) is the adjustment in high school... Academically

PrayerWarrior

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Welcome to the JamFam PW! It is nice to have more "guys" join the JamFam and you are not the only one just the others do not post as often. Do not let us scare you away and please post and offer your insight and opinions. Actually since you are in JA maybe you can shed some light for us - what are the things that have you worried, scared, happy, ecstatic, etc. about your move to Canada?
Thanks Mrs.Parkin, MelJam, Lovindahubby, Cafelatte02, Sammystorm19, Twoheartsonelove and anyone else who welcomed me for the warm welcomes. I don't know if i'll remember all the questions that you asked but thanks for your feedback on my question.

I used to reside in Canada, there I met my wife at a university in Toronto. She currently lives in Ontario, however there's a possibility that we might move to another province.

My timeline for those who asked: App. received in Mississauga on May 9, 2014 thereafter it was forwarded to Kgn on July 15, 2014. So I believe that would make me early in the stage, nonetheless I believe in the power of prayer and have seen it worked wonders and "impossibilities" in the past.

I can't remember which one of you ladies said it, but I have the same thought, who in their right mind would get a TRV while they are being sponsored and overstay? That wouldn't make any sense because the applicant would have to return in the final stages, no?

I asked the question if a Canadian law prohibited a sponsorship applicant from venturing to Canada, because I intend to apply as many times as is necessary until I get the TRV. This is because if there is a law I dont want to waste time and money. If there isnt a law I can always keep trying, because a breakthrough is possible. However, given the fact that our child will soon enter the world, I only can apply once between now and then.

So we've been contemplating having the baby elsewhere so that I can be present if push come to shove - because I refuse to miss this precious moment.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
PrayerWarrior said:
Thanks Mrs.Parkin, MelJam, Lovindahubby, Cafelatte02, Sammystorm19, Twoheartsonelove and anyone else who welcomed me for the warm welcomes. I don't know if i'll remember all the questions that you asked but thanks for your feedback on my question.

I used to reside in Canada, there I met my wife at a university in Toronto. She currently lives in Ontario, however there's a possibility that we might move to another province.

My timeline for those who asked: App. received in Mississauga on May 9, 2014 thereafter it was forwarded to Kgn on July 15, 2014. So I believe that would make me early in the stage, nonetheless I believe in the power of prayer and have seen it worked wonders and "impossibilities" in the past.

I can't remember which one of you ladies said it, but I have the same thought, who in their right mind would get a TRV while they are being sponsored and overstay? That wouldn't make any sense because the applicant would have to return in the final stages, no?

I asked the question if a Canadian law prohibited a sponsorship applicant from venturing to Canada, because I intend to apply as many times as is necessary until I get the TRV. This is because if there is a law I dont want to waste time and money. If there isnt a law I can always keep trying, because a breakthrough is possible. However, given the fact that our child will soon enter the world, I only can apply once between now and then.

So we've been contemplating having the baby elsewhere so that I can be present if push come to shove - because I refuse to miss this precious moment.
Hey there....there is no law prohibiting a sponsored applicant from visiting Canada however they will see the reasons you want to and if you don't have the required things in place to show you will go back to JA you will be declined. It is such a stupid process and it sucks but that is how CIC works. There is nothing stoping you from applying however they will let you know why you were declined, if you get declined, and you then can decide from there if you want to keep paying money on this.

If your wife can still travel she can always have the baby down in JA so you can be present. That would be the best option, however she would then need to apply for a Canadian passport so the child can travel back to Canada. Lots of paper work involved in that.

I am NOT trying to discourage you at all I am just giving you the facts. I've been here WAY to long so I have seen and heard a lot about this whole process.

Thanks for sharing your timeline...i hate to ask this but you were asked to leave Canada or did you leave when your visa expired? If you were asked to leave you could have a one year ban on your immigration record and that would need to be served before you see any movement on your file.

Again....welcome to our little family

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
PrayerWarrior said:

Hello PW and welcome to the forum. The JA ladies will keep you informed and they are a great bunch. I am from the Port of Spain (POS) thread and my husband's file was processed fairly fast (thank you Jesus) but I keep in contact with some members from both threads in case I can provide any insights or encouragement during this ordeal. I say special prayers for those with children and babies on the way as that can add another level of stress to an already stressful process. So congratulations on your baby on the way and I agree with all of the other members that have told you about the TRV process. Have a plan B in place because you are not likely going to get a TRV, especially if you have been refused once and have a PR application in process.

My husband and I tried 4 times over a 6 year period and even though each time we addressed the issue they refused us for, it did not help us in future applications. As another member already said, it has only happened once or twice on both of our threads and that was because the individual had a lengthy travel history in North America, many savings $$$$ and investments, a letter from their employer, owned property in the Caribbean etc. Just know that if you do try again your application will need to be "over the top" with all of the above factors. It does not make any sense for immigration to refuse TRVs as you are correct, that very few of us would jeopardize our long term goal of being with our beloved; however, CIC is a strange beast and this is a bit of a money grab for them. Refusals do not affect your PR application though, as a matter of fact CIC sees it as a genuine attempt on the part of the couple to be together so do not worry about that (found this out in our GCMS notes). Also, I have not yet seen a case on here - for PR applications where a couple with a child in common has been refused (TRVs yes, PRs, no). If another member has seen that happen with PR apps. please feel free to correct me.

But the bottom line is PW - you and your wife need to do what feels right and if it was my baby I would beg, borrow and plead, to be present either in another country or JA. If that is not possible I believe you can get a SKYPE or other video conference set-up in the hospital if that is where the birth will be. Not quite like being there but at least an option these days with so many folks living and loving globally ;)!!! Oh and was that an intended birthing pun - "when push comes to shove"?? :p!! Blessings

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
CdnandTrini said:
Hello PW and welcome to the forum. The JA ladies will keep you informed and they are a great bunch. I am from the Port of Spain (POS) thread and my husband's file was processed fairly fast (thank you Jesus) but I keep in contact with some members from both threads in case I can provide any insights or encouragement during this ordeal. I say special prayers for those with children and babies on the way as that can add another level of stress to an already stressful process. So congratulations on your baby on the way and I agree with all of the other members that have told you about the TRV process. Have a plan B in place because you are not likely going to get a TRV, especially if you have been refused once and have a PR application in process.

My husband and I tried 4 times over a 6 year period and even though each time we addressed the issue they refused us for, it did not help us in future applications. As another member already said, it has only happened once or twice on both of our threads and that was because the individual had a lengthy travel history in North America, many savings $$$$ and investments, a letter from their employer, owned property in the Caribbean etc. Just know that if you do try again your application will need to be "over the top" with all of the above factors. It does not make any sense for immigration to refuse TRVs as you are correct, that very few of us would jeopardize our long term goal of being with our beloved; however, CIC is a strange beast and this is a bit of a money grab for them. Refusals do not affect your PR application though, as a matter of fact CIC sees it as a genuine attempt on the part of the couple to be together so do not worry about that (found this out in our GCMS notes). Also, I have not yet seen a case on here (I have been on the forum for about 18 months) where a couple with a child in common has been refused. If another member has seen that happen please feel free to correct me.

But the bottom line is PW - you and your wife need to do what feels right and if it was my baby I would beg, borrow and plead, to be present either in another country or JA. If that is not possible I believe you can get a SKYPE or other video conference set-up in the hospital if that is where the birth will be. Not quite like being there but at least an option these days with so many folks living and loving globally ;)!!! Oh and was that an intended birthing pun - "when push comes to shove"?? :p!! Blessings
There has been a few on here, who have children together or going to give birth, that have been refused. CIC doesn't care...they look at it like " are you going to over stay or do you need to get back to your home country"

IT SUCKS!!!

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
PrayerWarrior said:
Updated!

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Slight update- maybe. Remember hubby got the letter late for police clearance n re medical. Then I got an email to ignore past letter. I was told another one went out last week. Today I received my notes. 37 pages. I need to print them out - right now just reading from my phone. It said medical letter sent July 22nd. Then it said cancelled. Under medical it says good till Jan 14, 2015, So ( I'm no expert with these notes). Maybe after the letter was sent out somebody extended them instead????

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mrs. Davis said:
Slight update- maybe. Remember hubby got the letter late for police clearance n re medical. Then I got an email to ignore past letter. I was told another one went out last week. Today I received my notes. 37 pages. I need to print them out - right now just reading from my phone. It said medical letter sent July 22nd. Then it said cancelled. Under medical it says good till Jan 14, 2015, So ( I'm no expert with these notes). Maybe after the letter was sent out somebody extended them instead????
Your medical has been extended. That's awesome. Send in the PC ASAP if you can and things will work out!!

Btw...they won't extend the Medicals again so hubby will be home before middle of January!!