Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
cafelatte02 said:
Good morning Jamfam!!!

Mel I think that it is a very good idea, but wouldn't be possible to choose a different color than the one used for the Denials for our Jamfam members who's app being transfered to POS? Just my two cents ;)
Yes true, I was thinking about Trininad flag color that is why ! LOL So I will change color right now ! :)

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
MelJam said:
Good morning Jam Fam,
About the spreadsheet, I was thinking to put a color on the name of people who their files has been forwarded to Port of Spain so we can see easily the difference in the progess of both visa offices....What you guys think? I would just need everybody to remind me who is in Port of Spain....Have a wonderful day !
Great idea. I'm in. May I suggest green or turquoise for the shading. Our file was transferred July 22 to POS

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
lexi said:
Great idea. I'm in. May I suggest green or turquoise for the shading. Our file was transferred July 22 to POS
Excellent ! Changes done ! :)

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,

I don't want to take away any attention from all this good news and activity however, I did promise a post-landing update...lol!

Mr. DG & I, are "Finally" adjusted to each other...lol! I am not sure about anyone else but, the transition period of being married & single to married and living together was hard for us. To boot add the culture adjustment of Canadian living and I tell you my knees are tender from all the praying.

Don't get me wrong, I love having my Husband here, I just didn't think I would have to get "use" to living with him...not sure if that makes sense. It was a big adjustment for the both of us as we both have never lived with a significant other prior to this. I had a lot of learning to do...such as sharing space, learning to see and not see, and being patient with my husband's transition and learning phase.

Many a times I had to catch myself and say...DG...this is what you fought for, this is what you prayed for 27 months and this is what you wished for every time you saw a star :) I really had to look into myself and see what I could do to make this process easier for the both of us. It took a really good and long open candid conversation between the both of us and GOD to determine what it was that appeared not to be working. Once we had that conversation I tell you it was a 180 degree change.

We both know our roles and the expectations we have of one another. I tell you ladies and gents...this process is trying to say the least. We all picture that it will be rainbows and unicorns once they land but, "real" life has something else in store. Most of our relationships have been perfect to speak...such as vacationing...hotel stays...beautiful beautiful Jamaica but, transitioning to everyday life with bills, careers, school, children and all that good stuff are challenging. My best advice is to take one day at a time...be patient...be kind...and remember to LOVE hard.

Mr. DG is getting ready to take his Driving examination. He is also getting ready to go back to school and has adjusted well into taking the bus and going around on his own. I am really proud of my husband and I am grateful that he has enough patience for the both of us.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour!!!

Love
DG :-*
DG, reading your story was like reading my own! Hubby and I have had some growing pains to say the least after landing. I too, thought that it would be rainbows & unicorns when he got here - exactly what we have waited all this time for and can't possibly be anything less! The first week here was amazing, the honeymoon continued, I had the week off, we did all of the paperwork he needed and had fun showing him where I am from......then, I went back to work! I have a very stressful and demanding job, he was still adjusting to life with wife and kids, starting a new job in a whole new world and learning to live a 4 hour plane ride away from his mom (he's kind of a momma's boy - in the best & sweetest way possible!). In the 6 months since he landed, we have gone through a lot of changes - he worked for the summer in construction, then we decided that he would go back to school fulltime, so he started school at the beginning of September, but also works a full time job after school doing the maintenance at my office and oh, has tests & assignments to do as well!

At this point, we are finally starting to get used to being together all the time and I am starting to relax a bit on the spending all of our time together part - he keeps reminding me that he doesn't have to go home and we have a lifetime to do all those things that we want to do together. He has adjusted to being a part time parent to my 7 & 8 year olds - who can be a challenge deal with sometimes! He is getting used to not having any "time to himself" as my brother lives next door and my parents a 1/2kms down the road!

Through it all, I am reminded every once in a while just what I fought so hard for - my birthday was on Sunday and I had the most incredible birthday I have ever had. I wouldn't trade any of it, but I wouldn't want anyone to think that it has been an easy adjustment. As your hubby's land.....remember something that I forgot (and being that I have been married & divorced once, I should know this!), marriage is hard work, living together has challenges and nothing will come as easy as it did when you were visiting for a short period of time.

Side note, I still read the forum posts almost daily, even though my hubby has been here 6 months (its my stress relief at work when my door is closed and none of my staff are looking for me!) I have another friend who is not on this forum, but who's file was transferred to POS and it is because of all of you that I was able to help them through that by explaining that they aren't the only ones and that it is a good thing, so thank you to each of you for sharing your stories before & after landing - they can & do help so many people get through this process!

~Pinky

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
sammystorm19 said:
I like it as well!!! I'm giving you full control over the spreadsheet now. :)

Thanks so much for taking it over xo
Thank you hun !

It is my pleasure to do it ! :) :-*

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
PrayerWarrior said:
Bonjour tout le monde!

I have been reading the numerous posts for this thread on and off for a few weeks, maybe a couple months.
And I must say, everyone seems so warm, helpful and gracious! I love that! To be honest, whenever I feel impatient and wonder when this process will end, I find solace here. I like the positive vibe and energy here. Keep it up guys, if the physical world was like this thread, we'd be living in a very happy place!

This is my very first post here and as many posts as I've read, it would appear that it's all wives here? I kind of delayed posting because I never wanted to be the odd ball - being a husband awaiting his journey to Canada to be with his wife - the only guy here- I think.

As the new guy on the block, I've indirectly received many answers to questions I had by simply reading the available posts on this thread. And I've also come into some new knowledge such as finding out that we can actually "order notes". How did you guys become so knowledgeable? I've read so much stuff and never saw some of the things that you guys mentioned - but I'm glad I came in contact with all the new information that I did.

Presently, I only have one question. Is there a law that prevents spouses that are being sponsored to Canada from being granted a TRV? I long to be in the same place with my wife, and I could have patiently waited for our reunification - however a change in our circumstances has obliterated my patience. My wife has become pregnant and it's our very first child - and I can't travel to Canada because I don't have a TRV. And I cannot even fathom not being by her side when she gives birth ... if I could I'd move mountains to be by her side when she gives birth ... this happens in November. Do you guys know if there is any chance that I might be granted a TRV to travel to Canada for this occasion? I also think it worthy of mention that I applied a few months ago already highlighting this same desire and my TRV application was refused ... Any advice would be appreciated as I plan to apply again.

May God bless you all, and may all your papers be processed expeditiously.

Hi and welcome to our family....it's nice to see some "guys" around here every once and a while.

As for the TVR - unless you have a job that requires you to come back, own land and have a lot of cash in the bank...you chances of a TVR are very slim. It SUCKS, I know but that is how they work. My husband missed the birth of our first child and it was hard for both of us but we made it through. There have been a few members on here who's spouses weren't able to make it before the birth. We are expecting our second now and my hubby will thankfully be here for it....if we get PPR before March

Please share your timeline with us. When you applied, got sponsership approval etc....also care to share how you met your wife. We always like those stories

Do stick around...we have a lot of knowledge here and can help you out! Ask any question you feel like you need answers too.

s_spence

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-18-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
MelJam said:
Good morning Jam Fam,
About the spreadsheet, I was thinking to put a color on the name of people who their files has been forwarded to Port of Spain so we can see easily the difference in the progess of both visa offices....What you guys think? I would just need everybody to remind me who is in Port of Spain....Have a wonderful day !
Great idea, we are one of those files sent to POS.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,

I don't want to take away any attention from all this good news and activity however, I did promise a post-landing update...lol!

Mr. DG & I, are "Finally" adjusted to each other...lol! I am not sure about anyone else but, the transition period of being married & single to married and living together was hard for us. To boot add the culture adjustment of Canadian living and I tell you my knees are tender from all the praying.

Don't get me wrong, I love having my Husband here, I just didn't think I would have to get "use" to living with him...not sure if that makes sense. It was a big adjustment for the both of us as we both have never lived with a significant other prior to this. I had a lot of learning to do...such as sharing space, learning to see and not see, and being patient with my husband's transition and learning phase.

Many a times I had to catch myself and say...DG...this is what you fought for, this is what you prayed for 27 months and this is what you wished for every time you saw a star :) I really had to look into myself and see what I could do to make this process easier for the both of us. It took a really good and long open candid conversation between the both of us and GOD to determine what it was that appeared not to be working. Once we had that conversation I tell you it was a 180 degree change.

We both know our roles and the expectations we have of one another. I tell you ladies and gents...this process is trying to say the least. We all picture that it will be rainbows and unicorns once they land but, "real" life has something else in store. Most of our relationships have been perfect to speak...such as vacationing...hotel stays...beautiful beautiful Jamaica but, transitioning to everyday life with bills, careers, school, children and all that good stuff are challenging. My best advice is to take one day at a time...be patient...be kind...and remember to LOVE hard.

Mr. DG is getting ready to take his Driving examination. He is also getting ready to go back to school and has adjusted well into taking the bus and going around on his own. I am really proud of my husband and I am grateful that he has enough patience for the both of us.

Love
Hello DG! Always a pleasure to read your posts you are so positive and warm hearted. Thanks for the update on post-landing and reminding us that it will be a hard transition and that we need to be patient (yet again) and help our spouses through the difficult times where they are missing their birthplace, family and environment. Let us know how Mr DG does on his driving exam. Good luck to you both.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
PrayerWarrior said:
Bonjour tout le monde!

I have been reading the numerous posts for this thread on and off for a few weeks, maybe a couple months.
And I must say, everyone seems so warm, helpful and gracious! I love that! To be honest, whenever I feel impatient and wonder when this process will end, I find solace here. I like the positive vibe and energy here. Keep it up guys, if the physical world was like this thread, we'd be living in a very happy place!

This is my very first post here and as many posts as I've read, it would appear that it's all wives here? I kind of delayed posting because I never wanted to be the odd ball - being a husband awaiting his journey to Canada to be with his wife - the only guy here- I think.

As the new guy on the block, I've indirectly received many answers to questions I had by simply reading the available posts on this thread. And I've also come into some new knowledge such as finding out that we can actually "order notes". How did you guys become so knowledgeable? I've read so much stuff and never saw some of the things that you guys mentioned - but I'm glad I came in contact with all the new information that I did.

Presently, I only have one question. Is there a law that prevents spouses that are being sponsored to Canada from being granted a TRV? I long to be in the same place with my wife, and I could have patiently waited for our reunification - however a change in our circumstances has obliterated my patience. My wife has become pregnant and it's our very first child - and I can't travel to Canada because I don't have a TRV. And I cannot even fathom not being by her side when she gives birth ... if I could I'd move mountains to be by her side when she gives birth ... this happens in November. Do you guys know if there is any chance that I might be granted a TRV to travel to Canada for this occasion? I also think it worthy of mention that I applied a few months ago already highlighting this same desire and my TRV application was refused ... Any advice would be appreciated as I plan to apply again.

May God bless you all, and may all your papers be processed expeditiously.
Welcome to the JamFam PW! It is nice to have more "guys" join the JamFam and you are not the only one just the others do not post as often. Do not let us scare you away and please post and offer your insight and opinions. Actually since you are in JA maybe you can shed some light for us - what are the things that have you worried, scared, happy, ecstatic, etc. about your move to Canada?

Congrats on the upcoming birth of your first child. Very exciting! I will not weigh in on the TVR bc I see that other members have already. Since you already tried once and were denied I would hazard a guess that it will be so again. Please share your timeline with us.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
MelJam said:
Excellent ! Changes done ! :)
Great idea MelJam and thank you again for taking this over/helping Sammy. I hope and pray that we are going to keep you VERY busy in the next few months with that PURPLE hightligher :p ;D

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,

Love
Truer words have never been spoken. Listen up ladies because it is NOT sunshine and roses. Like DG said, LOVE HARD and make that marriage work if it's real... it WILL last, but it's a two-way street :) :*

Nini

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
PC redo request 05-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013 expired then extended
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
I agree I want to experience it with my husband as well. After all this struggle and frustration it will be nice to get on a plane with him in MoBay and NOT leave him behind! Is your hubby going to DHL to send his passport today or tomorrow?? Remind me again if you already were in the process of getting the PC or have it in hand already or already sent it to KGN?

Once you see that DHL has picked up the package from the HC you can start looking up flights and hopefully that will be less than weeks away!

so true it needs to be him and I flying.
Pc redo sent in two days ago, passport today...kinda sucks if i had all the info and didnt have the confusion of email, i could have saved the second time and sent it all in at once. but hey, no complaints over here...gotta do what ya gotta do!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
Jessie2014 said:
Awesome news girl! Congratulations :)

thanks ma, and yes be optimistic your time is comin!!

KINGSTON AND POS PPR PRR PRR!!!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
s_spence said:
Congrats, God is Great and prayers do work.
Was your file in KGn or in POS? our time line is around the same time so I am just hoping and praying we hear something soon, our file was transferred to POS.

Thank you! jah bless every single time.
my file stayed in kingston for whatever reason.
a prayer for you and hubby to get the same news ASAP!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
Jamwife said:
Congrats everything is working out... hope the passport is returned soon

thanks Jamwife good news is comin your way too jus hold the faith!