waived
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi Confusednscared,

I just read your post and wanted to send you reply to your message because I totally understand how you feel. I get the same way physically and mentally. I freak out.

I've had to worry about the same thing when my husband and I applied for visitor visa's twice, and thought to myself, how the hell do you prove a relationship to be "genuine". My thoughts raced everywhere and thought about whether or not the immigration officer had a good or bad morning when looking at our application. We got denied in the end... I know not helpful... but everyone gets denied those damn visitor visas.

In filling out our own application, besides pictures and physical proof you can provide... try to relax and act like you're talking to a friend and explaining your relationship. Im sure we have all been through this in our own lifes, dating... marrying someone from another country where our close family and friends have questioned our decisions about being with the person we chose to be with.... we have all had to defend our relationships at some point... this is somewhat the same thing.

My husband and I have gotten into some arguements... some serious and some stupid..... such as... where were you? why didn't you call... and phone arrangements we came up with that satisfied us both. We have also gotten into heavy discussions about religion... he is very religious.... going to church twice a week...and we are from two different relgions... very different relgions with VERY different guidelines. He had to confess to his church he was marrying a non-believer and had to meet with elders from his church, discussions around our religious beliefs and how were we going to raise children.... and so on...

The point of me telling you all that is to come up with things that you and your significant other have had to go through... things havent been peachy... so when doing your interview, talk to them like you were talking to someone who wanted to know about you and your partner.

AND... sometimes I'm a little spaz when Im nervous so my friend gives me a low does ativan which calms my nerves.... I had to take one when I got married...LOL! it works believe me... I get all shakey and i turn red....

I hope this helps and gives you some ideas.....

BTW... sometimes I read the posts that I have posted and think... wow... people must think Im really iliterate because of grammar and spelling... lol... Im at work and type fast and cant proof read...scared my boss will catch me on here....

Sanchester

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2010
Doc's Request.
No Request
AOR Received.
19-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-10
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
oh.. and this is easier said than done..

..In my job I have to deal with the police alot.. and I get really nervous around them.( generally people of authority who can take iolate my rights and make decisions for my life beyond my control) My colleague always says to me... " don't let them make you nervous, they are just doing their job.... you chose social work, they chose their career... they're just human ... just like us."

hope it helps.

and good luck.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
"BUMP"

Hey everyone i came onto check up and seen this THREAD WAY down on the friggen BOTTOM ...My question is

WAH do you people ????

Yuh know say i cyaan beleive how dis yah forum stay anymore !!! Cha it change nuff nuff ..OOOOOH welll mi cyaan change deh whole a deh werlll...

Big up Rosie Jammy missinmybaby, soso, canuxk highly, anxious ,miracle,sanchester,virtuous,confuse,GLO,Helpme,maple,sheraig

Hope ur all good i am still here waiting on you guys to get throught ....Immigration dust to deh wherllllllll !!

Bwoooy i am in a good mood today ..Mi ready peeps , but mi dunn kno all now a fi wah!!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Wha gwan LCW? "Long time gal mi nevah see yuh come mek wi wheel and tun!" ;)

Good morning Forum Fam!! Many blessings!

KG wha happen? Full time you start sending home some husbands & wives! :D

VW, Miracle, I pray that all is well with you & yours :) What a mighty God we serve! Angels bow before him , Heaven & Earth adore him. Amen & Amen. Continue to let others see the Jesus on the inside of you and let your light shine brightly in this dark, dark world.

The race is not for the swift, nor the battle for the strong but to those who endure to the end.
Let's us pledge to endure. Stick it out!

Be blessed & Stay blessed! ;D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!

hey lcw!

this forum is way too quiet!! most of the old timers that have gotten through have moved on which is understandable ... see lcw, we need you to help keep things rolling!

JW - how are you? I hope all is well and you weren't affected by the bad weather lately. They said there was a small earthquake and a tornado a week or 2 ago. YIKES!! :eek: Hubby said he's never heard of a tornado in JA and wants to see one lol I told him he doesn't need to see one and if he hears one is coming RUN!!! lol

sheraig - how are things going? you must be working hard! I read an article saying Canada is now allowing more skilled worker visas so let's hope you get through soon!

rosemel - how's the new job?

big up to everyone else, VW, anxious, HF, Miracle, canuck, missing, confused, sanchester, kenswife, glo, kimore, kmc, iambless, maple, and anyone I missed

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Man it's quiet on here> Its weds and time to give you guys something to read.

Lipstick in School ........

According to a news report, a certain private school in Washington was recently faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick, they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints. Every night the maintenance man would remove them, and the next day the girls would put them back.
Finally the principal decided that something had to be done... She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night (you can just imagine the yawns from the little princesses).

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required.

He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

There are teachers...and then there are educators.

__._,_.___

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hello Hello

Me still deh yah!!!

Things just been busy at work, my little assistant out sick so got lots to do.

Still here waiting on KG. So glad the summer is almost over so that KG can get back to work fully staffed and full time. I think some big UPDATES on the horizon.

Stay blessed peeps.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
yeah....come on KG!!! bring on the BIG updates!!!!

:p ;D ;)

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Hey peeps!!!!!!!

LCW: it quiet bad lately.....thanks fi di dust girl....dash it pon mi widout warning!

Nae: not working too hard at all.....girl sometimes this process really takes a toll on you.....i'm hanging in there though....i too have read that they are increasing the figures for the skilled group so I'm just holding to see how that works out!!

Jam: is the first summer mi see whe mi want just done suh....cant wait to see what the Lord has in store for us.....

I'm sure we'll be rewarded!

Confused: breathe easy......u reach too far fi mek anxiety get the best.....
u know what u have is true...I love the advise given to u by Sanchester.

On that note...................

WELCOME SANCHESTER

Anxious: haven't seen u in a while...hope u good mama!!!

Take care everyone...not good with the names thing not even gonna try!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Sheraig: I cant help but feel excited too as the days wind down.

One thing I cant get excited about is spending all this money for back to school for my daughter then have to leave in a matter of months. Then having to do a whole other set of back to school shopping when we get there. Its such a waste.

But like hubby say if you have to you have to..."why do you worry about these little things woman..."

But thats me. I take everything turn to worry.

LCW: Gal yuh good?

Nae: Sorry bout the hubby's Job. Hopefully you guys get sorted out soon. I think the wait is worst when you are at home with nothing to do, so if not hopefully he can find another job soon.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Jammy

Yea man i am good good ...I am just finishing up likkle work and then mi a guh lef deh place soon man ...How r u ??

Jammy mi nuh kno how dem a deal wid deh whole a deh oda parish dem but when Mr LCW was coming him only pay half year cau of dat immigration ting dat a gwann ...And i thought that was a likkle much cause back in last Aug mi really feel him woulda be deh yah fi christmas but it nuh guh suh!! Soo axe dem fi cut you likkle bly ...Yuh see me !! See wha gwaan wid dat!! ;D

Wow quiet fi tru :eek: :eek:

So it a go mi a dash it pan yuh suh !!! Straight to deh point .....no cut corna kinda gyal ...weh yuh all deh!! :p :p

A suh mi tan!! ;D ;D

Anyways peeps bwoy mi feel tyad bad ....4 hours sleeep to rhatid last night ...Mi cyaan believe ...Dis yah gyal needs some kinda beauty sleep or mi end up look like monsta rgggghhhgrggh :p and gwaan bad like one too!! :p

Anyways guys have a good evening ...I agree with Jammy deh place a guh BUSS soon man ....Crazy UPDATES will soon forward like MAD!!!!

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Good Evening Fam!

Thank you all for the nice words! I truly am blessed reading the posts of encouragement!

I too believe that updates are going to start rolling, we are in for a treat! ;)

Greetings to everyone, and keep the faith! God is on control, and remember that even when KG sleeps, God never sleeps or slumbers! Let his perfect will be done!

Blessings! :)

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there everyone, hope all is good with you all. Looking for some updates from our dear friends in JA. Aug is soon over so hopefully they get moven.
I have a question hopefully someone can answer. Hubby's name is not on his sons birth papers he was not present so she didnt put him. IMM is requesting that also, do any of you think his name not being on it will cause a issue?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Mawning

Glo ...Absolutly NOT!! The little guy aint coming so IMM aint going to bother you about it ...We had that issue with one of the girls my hubby wasnt on the BC and she also was NON accompaning ...And NP

..But i do advise that he do take care of it anyways because you just never know what can happen and he will need to be on the BC if that little guy ever come over here Plus hubby had to add him self to the BC papers here in canada and let me tell you what a ridiculous situation that was ..Had to go to a notary public for the forms and go to a lawyer to stamp his ID cause he wasnt there in person ...Plus all the mailing stuff ..I have come to see that ur hubby a likkle stubburn but try talk him into adding him self while he is there and futuristically he wont have to worry about it ...My 2 cents ...from expirience..

But for sure it will be fine to proceed without the updated BC..It wont matter cause they arent issuing the little guy a visa ..But when and if they do the burden off proof will then lye on that BC ...UNDERSTAND!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Everybody

New day, new possibilities.

LCW: Its not even the school fees like the book list and school supplies that is expensive. But like I say if we have to we just gonna have to deal with it.

Well hope everybody is having a great day and put a smile on your faces.