App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Confused nuh worry your self girl..things will work out think positive even though it seems nothing is going on have you contacted your MP to help you out? if they are back logged in GT then what, and yes their upgrade is June 28 this will possibly cause some more delays...tek it EASY my girl...things will definitely work out for the best...

HAVE A Good Nite EVeryone!!!!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Mawning everyone...

Anyways this is getting ridiculous ....Rosie thanks for poppin in although i talk seperate for here it is nice to see your post my freind ...Keep your chin up please ;D

Angella ...CONFUSE IS A BWOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.....lol

Confuse ...dang man ...that is effin horrid ...so basically youwill be looking at like 3 more month b4 your interview ...Hopefully they will request all docs and things at interview and sekkle anting weh dem nuh do from september on ?? I pray you get through this shit soon my freind ..

Anyways peeps IM OUT!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Good morning everyone,

I guess some are still making their first turn in bed while others are hustling to beat the morning commute to make it into work just on time. I am sitting in my bed typing to all of you because I am soooo unemployed and have nothing to do but sit in this heat, sweat by a$$ off and try to lose weight (which isn't working).

So, I had many dreams last night and every tunn I made in bed those dreams were only Immigration related. This effing process really is a nightmare man. By the grace of god we are all finding ways to handle it properly, ish.

I have yard wuk to do today so imma be in the yaad trying to wuk and lose weight, again. Plus, tonight is my exercise night where I lift weights and bunn moh fat.

Big up to everyone this morning and have a smiling day wherever you are today

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Good morning ya'll! :)

KC - Now I'm booking the flight.. He'll be here in 22 days. :eek: God is good! Anything I need to know or any tips for his arrival the the TO airport?? He's gotta transfer as there is no direct flights.

Thanks GTWifey! ;D

I pray that everyone can get there applications processed quickly and for those that have been held up to be released! In Jesus' Name.

Mawning LCW - wha gwan?

Rosemel keep strong. :D

Blessings!

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats HF! Just make sure hubby brings the paper that he got back from immigration in his envelope, it should have your address on it I believe? Hubby had to switch flights as well and had no problems..as long as he does not have to stop anywhere in the US for his transfer...:)

Rosie, hang in there....

confused...keep the faith

hey lonely...hope things are good :)

everyone else have a great day!

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Wow Confused, I hear POS is the worst!!! So I am far from surprised.......
Hopefully, things will work itself out for you pretty soon....
This immigration thing can truly get to you.....very depressing.....
Hang in there and most importantly dont forget to pray!

Angella: Confused is a boy!!!! ;D :D It happens!

KC: whappen...not like u at all!

Missings: whaz up!!!!!!!!

Highly: Sooo happy for you.....

Everyone else, do have a blessed day....God never starts what he doesn't finishes!!

It must end in God's time....

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Thanks Helpme! I appreciate it. ;D

I'm trying to find out as many details as possible. This is his first flight anywhere, so I would like it to be as smooth of a transition as possible. :D

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no problem HF...he just needs to have all important papers with him in his carry on...he will also need your address to fill the customs card and his passport info on the plane..other than that he should have no problem..immigration just asked where he was going, he said New Brunswick and that was pretty much it, asked for my address...then they said welcome to Canada and gave him a bag with all kinds of info in it....:) You are going to be so hyper and emotional at the airport! lol I have it all on video..good god...the loud crying I was doing when I saw him come thru those gates and hug him lol..ouf...too funny...:)

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Aww that so sweet, Helpme. I can imagine it being a VERY emotional experience. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. *le sigh* It still doesn't see real. :D

I will be sure to let him know that about the documents too.

Did your hubby bring any food at all? Some people say this is the only oppportunity that Customers gives you the green light on bringing things from abroad.

I'm at work now and I can't even concentrate. lol! I'm too excited to work. ;D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
HF... the food you can take depends on the food and not the travel reason... they don't have different rules for new PRs... basically what it comes down to is that it cannot be personally imported if it competes with or can endanger the situation here (so meat is always iffy unless cooked, many fruits can come (since they are not grown or widely available here), some veggies can come (not scallions, tomatoes ect), dairy products need to be pasturized, most packaged goods are okay as long as they have nutritional data on them, seeds are not allowed i don't think)... if the traveler is heading to a farm, the list becomes much tighter...

funny story here...

i get pulled out and customed searched a lot (have at least a dozen stamps for ja in my passport, and i fly in/out of kingston more than mobay, guess those are two red flags for a single woman traveler?) anyways... i had this one evil woman questioning me and analyzing everything (worst one i ever had)... when she went in the back room for some reason, i got bored and looked around... the guy next to me was going thru a huge suitcase full of food from someone else on my flight... everything is in scandal bag and such, but he's just feeling the bag and saying "mangoes, okay... scallions, no no... jamaican yam, okay" and so on... i'm giggling about this and my bi*#% gets back and asks me what is so amusing (with some extra comment that i don't realize how much trouble i'm in or some business, trying to scare me)... i say, he's good... don't even need to take the stuff out of the bag... if i'm ever on a fruit feeling game show, i want him on my team... he thought it was very amusing, guess he was her superior because she just made some comment about him being very good at his job... when he stepped away, she scolded me for not minding my own business... dumb bi*#%

anyways.. she was evil... could find absolutely nothing on me (neither of us smoke anything and rarely drink, so her intimidation techniques were very wasted on me)... she wanted to go thru my pictures on my camera... i was excited to show someone (we'd stayed up at strawberry hill that trip, so the pictures were stunning... she wasn't overly impressed at my interest to show her the phenomenal scenery... i kept asking her if she'd like to see more lol)..

anyways... i digress... what is allowed is based on changing rules from customs canada, if he has anything he really wants to bring, it can't help to try... worst that happens is it gets confiscated and they tell you not to do it again... what i've found from every report i've heard is that it's fairly rare for them to search PRs on first entry... i guess they figure 1) you're just getting into the country, you're probably not going to do anything to risk getting denied and having all that hard work thrown down the drain, and 2) PRs are moving and thus carrying tons of personal belongings, probably a lot of work to search, so why bother... if he was to bring a few things and not claim them, i suspect they wouldn't even bat an eye... if he does claim them, they may decide to search him tho... dunno... when we landed, we were too weighed down with all our crap to bring anything other than the typical bottles of stones and rum cream....

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Good Morning All!

How is everyone today? I am feeling very good :D

Congrats again to HF.....it is a wonderful blessing!

Let's hope that the older cases are coming to an end soon as well! The wait may be long, but surely will come to an end. I just love good news!! :D

The week is still young....

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Morning all,

Confused...sorry to hear things are so rough for you...vent til a cant vent no more, what ever helps

HF...congrats on getting the flight booked...let the count down begin

sheraig...whats up...you good?

Lonely....everything cool with you?

everyone else....wha gwan

good things come to those who wait....based on that quote, we are all due for many good things :)

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Just to comment on Chelley's story.....I went to the States over the long weekend and the immigration was terrible. They were throwing out fruits, and other things. I would try and limit the number of food products coming in. They have gotten tougher!

Chelley...that story is truly hilarious, some tend to overdue their job...but it is their job

I always wonder why they don't catch things that are more serious and harmful...when searching. But they always catch the yam and breadfruit....lol

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
i think, based on their reasoning, things from the US are more strictly controlled because it is often things we can grow here... yam and breadfruit would be allowed (i've seen it go thru)

and yes, they are doing their jobs.... some are much nicer about it than others... she was not one that was nice lol.. i had a bajan guy once who flirted with me up down and sideways... told me i wouldn't be getting searched if i was dating a bajan lol...

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
You wonder if they have bad days everyday....I still appreciate the jobs they do, somebody has to be tough!

I could use some breadfruit right now... :)

More updates this week Lord, in Jesus Name!

Be blessed everyone!