+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Jun 2, 2010
Hi Everybody,

Maybe somebody here can help me. My wife dropped off her passport in Kingston on May 11th (same day as HighlyFlavored's husband who was called to pick it up last week). I know the situation in Kingston last week was bad, but why have they still not called her to come back? Her medical and polic check expire in about two weeks which makes this even worse.

We were married last May it has been over a year, I am so depressed I just want give up on everything. She doesnt even want to talk to me anymore and believes they are never calling her back and we might as well divorce. She drinks herself sick everyday, her family hates her and is jealous that she gets to leave. People in her community demand money and free drinks since she must be "rich". She cant even leave her room because of all this and cries all day, this is just ridiculous what my own countries embassy has done to us. I promised and promised the next day would be the day and it never f%^&ing is!!! One of her friends who moved to England was there 3 months after getting married not here in Canada though they make us suffer, never did I imagine a year ago that now in June 2010 id be alone and miserable without her day in and day out.

Anybody have any insight on why they love to s$%t on me? How hard is it to print out a visa and call her back? Has anybody who dropped off a passport later than May 11th got called, then I know there really is a big problem. Also what happens if they call and you miss the call, do they atleast leave a message?

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Thanks Chelley, Sheraig, Missing, Virtuous.. I usually stick to the basics: bammy, breadfruit, ackee, fried fish and if possible sweet potatoes. Oh! And tea bush.

Makes sense. He could care less about clothes, he just wants to bring his books.

Chelley, when I was getting married and I was going through customs the girl at the desk (the person you hand in your form after it gets red inked by the initial officiers) was like "What is your purpose for being here?" I said I'm getting married. "Well what's in your bag?" Things for the wedding, favours etc. "Where is your husband?" I said he lives in Jamaica and immediately she is like "Go stand over there." Which is that huge line up where they search everything. I was in that line for 45 minutes waiting. They barely opened my 2 bags and the guy was like "You can go."

I'm like SAY WHAT?! :eek: Yuh mad! :mad:

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
extremelyDepressed.....welcome!!!

Each case is different however, due to the recent activity in KG, it would be safe to assume a bit of delays.

Don't worry, your wife will be with you soon...cheer up!!!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
extremelyDepressed - They are having a lot of delays in KG, so I heard. My husband's visa was stamped and ready from the 14th but they said because of the 'hoop-la' going on in Town he wasn't called until late last week.

The process is very draining emotionally on anyone and everyone who has experienced the delays and/or slackness of KG. However, you have come to the best place to be encouraged and for advice. There are people hear who have been waiting for a very long time and some people who were waiting for a long time only to have their paperwork released finally.

Not sure what happens if you miss the call. Perhaps they send documentation in the mail or they call back.

Keep strong! :)

Jun 2, 2010
Thanks, I knew that war in Kingston was going cause problems. Personally I hope they shoot that dog Dudus dead, disgusts me that he used poor women in the market to mule his drugs to the US. Now because of him my wife must wait even longer.

I am not worried about myself, as depressed and miserable as I am waiting another couple of weeks will not kill me. It is her that causes the urgency, she literally has given up on life altogether and I cant even hug or kiss her. I cannot lie and promise her anything anymore, nothing works, I fear the worst for her if they don't call soon. These people have pretty much ruined my marriage. I will probably quit my job next week and go there if they do not call since I cant get time off, I dont know what else to do.

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
extremely, sometimes it does take a while to get the PP back..my husband only got the call after 6 weeks of dropping it off..they said they tried to call him but that was BS, try to email them with your info and your wifes info just to remind them in case they put it aside (hubby's visa was stamped the day after he dropped it off, there was no need to wait 6 weeks to ge the call to pick it up) they probably will not write back to you but hopefully it will make them at least look for it and see where it's at....don't give up you are in the end...she will be home soon....:)

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
extremelyDepressed -Even though the process is tiresome, try and encourage your wife to be strong! It is always good to have a positive attitude even though things don't always go the way we intend it to. You have reached the end of the process, you have the faith to complete the race.

My encouragement to you is to hold the faith, pray and believe God for who he is! Be blessed!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Amen VirtuousWoman! Faith can move mountains! :)

extremelyDepressed - You've both already come so far in the process, you cannot give up when the finish line is in sight. You have to stay the course. Keep running the race. The reward far outweighs the struggle.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
extremely.... this is a hard process for anyone to deal with, and can cause a severe emotionally beating, but although we all go through low points we need to keep the light at the end of the tunnel burning bright. As much as it feels at times this process may ruin your marriage in the end i hold strong that this will ultimately make our marriages that much stronger. When all is settled and we are all back together with the one we love we will look back on this and realize nothing can stop us. A few years down the road and into our marriage when other couples have forgotten why they loved their partner so much,we will be the couples that never forget the struggle we went through to have them and will forever appreciate them for who they are and what they bring to our lives and there fore we will be unstoppable. Just think, if your love can survive this then when you and your partner are together walking through life nothing can hold you back, as a couple you will be able to move mountains.
you and your wife have made it this far, the end is near....when you think you are at the end of your rope just hold on a little longer, great things are always just around the corner.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Beautifully said Missing - so very, very true.

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Thank you Missing - we really have to strenghten one another!

HF- Blessings always, you are an inspiration...

Helpme- You are strong, stay blessed!

You know there are many out there just reading the posts as I was before I signed up on this forum. It is good to have a positive place to share this journey!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
hello everyone!

welcome depressed! I hope it all sorts out for you soon!

confused - keep your chin up! I'm so sorry things are the way they are for you

sheraig - I answered your question from yesterday but it's way back lol

VW - Amen to all of that!

HF - congrats!!! soooo excited for you!!

chelley - I laughed at your story! good advice just in case that happens to me

once a woman did give me a rough time coming back to Canada....asked what kind of job I had that I could afford to travel and allowed me so much vacation time. When I told her what I did for a living she changed her tune. She asked how much vacation time I had and when I told her she said "must be nice" I told her we were hiring if she was interested in a career change. She eventually smiled and let me go. I was afraid I was going to get searched. I don't know why that scares me so much, neither of us smoke or drink very much either...I have nothing to hide. Last time when I came back I told the truth and said I got married. A whole bunch of questions after that but none too awful and he let me go. They are fine with me going into JA, never had a problem. Always get a man who is happy to see me but I always say I'm there for vacation.

oh the joys of immigration....NOT ???

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Some days I am here and no one is here and some days you all come out in numbers... thats great... D ;)

My husband drop his PP after HF husband as a matter a fact he got called on May 18 to drop on the 20th so I hope he will receive a call as soon as next week, with everything that happen in Kingston last week, I don't even want to count last week.. and it could be a lot worse so give god thanks...

Extremely if your wife already got PPR she is in a very good place, to be quite honest, i look at this phase as Journey almost completed to say well the worse is over, so tell her to just hang in there man...

Lots of people here anxiously waiting to get that "PPR" call.... so don't worry too much man....

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
it truly warms my heart to know there are people who sit back and read from this forum and are able to draw strength with out actively being a part of the conversation. I know along my journey there are many points that have passed that i dont know if i would have made them through with out the strength of this family. when i think my life cant get any worse, there are daily reminders it can so i must be thankful, and when i am sure i can't go on another minute with this process someone gives me a virtual boost and helps me make it one more day. this group is truly a group of amazing people, and the strength we draw from one another is an incredible thing to see each day, that in its self is what draws me here each day, whether it is someone making me laugh with a joke or story, someone making me cry tears of joy, or someone sharing a sad event or their personal struggle. this group allows us to see this process through so many different perspectives, but the bond we share through our common goal is one we can share with no one but each other

amen to this amazing group