None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
AliCatShaw said:
Hi FW, thnx so much. Like CharlieD said, I'm in da boonies ;)

I'm goin crazy today! lol My ocd has kicked in....trying to get rid of dustbunnies and what not, trying to make more room in closet :-\ :eek: lol, he has half a bathroom cupboard...Good Lord but we take up lots space..lol

K so I've mowed da lawn ;), planned our first meal, made cheesecake (his fave) for dessert...now I'm so excited, it's after lunch and I still haven't eaten. :eek: * twiddlingthumbs

he must be just as excited, and lol @ mowing da lawn ;) lol

i used keep a bare lawn, but mine likes the grass must be a country man thing lol I do however do some landscaping when need be lmao

Anada

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012/06/04
AOR Received.
2012/07/25
File Transfer...
2012/08/03
Med's Done....
2012/05/17
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
CharlieD10 said:
Ali is up here in northern ON, FW. No, the province the candidate is going to makes no difference to processing times.

i often wondered if province had anything to do with wait times, but this answers my question.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
akinna said:
good morning forum family,
a little confused Kingston has asked for the re-do of my medical and police record checked back the envelope and notice there was also a background declaration form with my file number already attached to it...to be sent in yet my husband got a mail from them req to pay landing fees...whats happening? i have redone the medical but not the police record am gonna do thet tomorrow definitely and pay for express...but why do they ask for landing fees to be paid when they have not yet received my medicals/police records and Background declaration.
Sounds like good new to me Akinna :D Don't complain honey just provide them what they're looking for and fast. What's a landing fee?

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
FaithfullyWaiting said:
FYI to anyone interested....I have pdf copies of the 50 shades triology. I can email them to anyone who wants it. Can I attach documents on this forum? Not sure how... ::)

OHHH I WISH I KNEW THAT BEFORE I SHELLED OUT THE CASH FOR IT
STILL INTRESTED THOUGH CAUSE MY SISTER IS WATING FOR ME TO FINISH SO SHE CAN GET TO READ IT
ILL IN BOX YOU MY DETAILS

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
FaithfullyWaiting said:
FYI to anyone interested....I have pdf copies of the 50 shades triology. I can email them to anyone who wants it. Can I attach documents on this forum? Not sure how... ::)
Me too honey, I'll Inbox you my email as well.

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
OHHH I WISH I KNEW THAT BEFORE I SHELLED OUT THE CASH FOR IT
STILL INTRESTED THOUGH CAUSE MY SISTER IS WATING FOR ME TO FINISH SO SHE CAN GET TO READ IT
ILL IN BOX YOU MY DETAILS
I'm so sorry...I wish I knew before too that you ladies were reading it.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
firstladyking said:
What's a landing fee?
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), that $490 that brings the immigration fees for a spouse to $1,040, is otherwise called the landing fee.

Wonder if I could go visit Ali. She has cheesecake! :p

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
FaithfullyWaiting said:
Hi FLK, just curious...was the AOR you received from the case processing centre in missisiauga? Because I actually did receive one from them as well after I first sent in the application, however, when my file was transfered to Kingston visa office a few months later I did not receive a AOR from Kingston.

That's why I had contacted them...to confirm that it reached the Kingston VO.
Nope, I received the confirmation letter in the mail the day before my birthday that I was approved as the sponsor and that the file was transferred to Kingston. On March 19th, 2012 almost 5 months later, my husband forwarded an email he received from the Kingston VO that they had received the application...yadda, yadda, yadda. It included links to help immigrants settle in Canada etc. We thought for certain after that it wouldn't be much longer. Here we are, about to past our 12 month mark from when we filed and still no word other than what we get from having our MP inquiry.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
CharlieD10 said:
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), that $490 that brings the immigration fees for a spouse to $1,040, is otherwise called the landing fee.

Wonder if I could go visit Ali. She has cheesecake! :p
Okay, like others here we paid everything upfront.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Anada said:
he must be just as excited, and lol @ mowing da lawn ;) lol

i used keep a bare lawn, but mine likes the grass must be a country man thing lol I do however do some landscaping when need be lmao

omg i am soooo slow i am just cluing in lol :p :p :p :p :p

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
FaithfullyWaiting said:
I'm interested!

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
CharlieD10 said:
Good morning!

Akinna, a request to pay the RPRF means you need to give the people them everything they need to issue your visa!! All checks are done, from here on out, how quick you get everything KG requests off to them determines how quick you have that visa in your hand!! Get a move on! :D

FW, KG communicates with the applicants. Even though we had my husband listed as my representative, all correspondence was sent to me, which was basically the med and PCC re-do request, then they called me to submit my passport and again to come collect it.

FLK, did you email KG, or did they spontaneously send the AOR? An AOR is supposed to be standard letter mailed to the applicant following receipt of the files at the VOs. It states their file number, says how long they take to process cases (usually they give some song and dance about prioritising spouses and children and completing such files within x time) and closing with "Don't call us, we'll call you" type lines. Like I said, I haven't heard of anyone who didn't ask KG if they had their file getting such a letter since 2010. It would be interesting to know they sent one to you! It means every now and again they actually do things by standard procedure, haha!

Well, it's Emancipation Day, so KG is resting. Enjoy it, everyone!
They just randomly emailed my husband in March as I mentioned to FW. We were so excited because we really thought it meant something was happening, but here we are still waiting.

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
firstladyking said:
Nope, I received the confirmation letter in the mail the day before my birthday that I was approved as the sponsor and that the file was transferred to Kingston. On March 19th, 2012 almost 5 months later, my husband forwarded an email he received from the Kingston VO that they had received the application...yadda, yadda, yadda. It includedd links to help immigrants settle in Canada etc. We thought for certain after that it wouldn't be much longer. Here we are, about to past our 12 month mark from when we filed and still no word other than what we get from having our MP inquiry.
Very interesting. I received no such thing but am told it's "in progress" so I'm hopeful that something will happen soon as well. Ever since I've been on this forum (about 2.5 days) I've learned soooo much particularly about how the KG office operates. All this time I had been thinking that I would received the same service as I did from the Case Processing Centre in Missisauga, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I've been also sharing the things I'm learning with hubby but today he told me it might not be a good idea to keep him posted of every single thing...lol...because he's starting to get anxious and a little depressed about how long it's taking for ours while others that applied just before, same time or just after us have already gotten through. I tell him to look at the positive side of it , that something might happen for us anytime now it's hit and miss...but we might get a hit!!! ;D

Was your MP inquiry helpful at all??

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
firstladyking said:
They just randomly emailed my husband in March as I mentioned to FW. We were so excited because we really thought it meant something was happening, but here we are still waiting.
Oh I know how you feel! When we heard that it was in progress we were over the moon with excitement! I was stepping high everyday going to work. LOL!!! That was about 3 weeks ago...I'm back to normal now...just waiting.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
FaithfullyWaiting said:
Very interesting. I received no such thing but am told it's "in progress" so I'm hopeful that something will happen soon as well. Ever since I've been on this forum (about 2.5 days) I've learned soooo much particularly about how the KG office operates. All this time I had been thinking that I would received the same service as I did from the Case Processing Centre in Missisauga, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I've been also sharing the things I'm learning with hubby but today he told me it might not be a good idea to keep him posted of every single thing...lol...because he's starting to get anxious and a little depressed about how long it's taking for ours while others that applied just before, same time or just after us have already gotten through. I tell him to look at the positive side of it , that something might happen for us anytime now it's hit and miss...but we might get a hit!!! ;D

Was your MP inquiry helpful at all??
My husband had similar response. He joined the forum here with me for one day :p. Maybe this is more a woman to woman thing to keep us all sane, thanks to people like Charlie D and others who have been such an inspriation. When I first joined I cried every day realizing that I had connected with others in my similar situation who had so much encouragement to give, trust me now I know to just wait it out and don't sweat it.

I have mixed feelings about MP inquiry because I often wonder if that has slowed down my processing time any because she has inquired three times since I got approved as the sponsor. One thing though, their MP line is definitely way more responsive than KIN's stupid email. I've never received a response to my email I sent KIN over a month now.

I think it is odd that we got an email from KIN when no else seems to have, but trust me it felt good to hear something. Now we're back to wondering if we should be hoping for a Thanksgiving together or Christmas. Our anniversary is right after the New Year, I pray my hubby will be here long before then.