OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
good morning famjam

hoping that someone could help me out with a question here!!!
A co worker of mine told me that when you come to canada as perminet resident you have to wait for a year before you can return home .... i am curious is there any such law .... i am asking because my family has a reuion planned for next May Grannys 85th birthday and the same weekend my step sister will be getting married so i have to be there and i want to make sure there will be nothing that stands in the way if by the grace of God hubby and step daughter have been approved and are here

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
good morning famjam

hoping that someone could help me out with a question here!!!
A co worker of mine told me that when you come to canada as perminet resident you have to wait for a year before you can return home .... i am curious is there any such law .... i am asking because my family has a reuion planned for next May Grannys 85th birthday and the same weekend my step sister will be getting married so i have to be there and i want to make sure there will be nothing that stands in the way if by the grace of God hubby and step daughter have been approved and are here
Not true. The Regulations provide for a residency obligation of 730 days out of every rolling five year period for permanent residents. The days do not have to be consecutive, either. So, you can arrive, complete landing procedures and turn around again and leave, if you must. You must be aware of the time, however, and ensure that you honour your obligation.

If you come to Canada, and must leave again soon, you should make arrangements to have your PR card forwarded to you so you can return as a PR next time. Or, if you are returning before the PR card is ready, apply for a Returning Resident Permit from KG.

Furthermore, all time spent abroad in the company of your Canadian citizen spouse counts towards your residency obligation.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
THANKS SOOOO MUCH CHARLIE YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY DAY .......WHAT WOULD I DO WITH YOU AND YOUR KNOWELDGE XOXOXOXOXOXXOX

i think you should go work for cic they need people with there heads on there shoulders there

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
firstladyking said:
SheriB, don't you ever give up on your dreams. Use this time to search your soul and find out what it is you want. You're young, and it's hard on young people to understand where they want to go, but it will all fall into place for you. My heart dropped when I heard your story it sounds so sad, but just knowing that you're staying in school, trying to keep out of trouble, doing the right thing gives me hope. Don't ever give up my young sister. The world is full of opportunities, and when you get to Canada so many doors will open for you. God has a great life in store for you, just wait and see. I'll be praying for you and I hope when you get to Canada it's close enough to Toronto that we can hook up one day so I can see how you're adjusting and if there's anything I can do to help.

Take care, be blessed and stay blessed. ;)
Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it means to hear you say that. I will definitely get in contact with you :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
sheriB said:
Am getting older with no sense of direction.
To paraphrase a song I encourage a friend of mine to take to heart: Don't worry too much if you don't know what you want to be at 22. Lots of people have no idea who they want to be at 22. Some of the most interesting 40-year olds I know still don't know!

As early as 20 I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do with my life. However, my life took some interesting "detours" because I didn't know how to turn myself in the direction I wanted to go. As it turns out, some of those detours provided me with experiences and skills I would not be without today. Having said that, though, if you had asked me when I was 30 if the life I live now is what I imagined for myself, I would tell you "No". Life is a journey, not a destination (cliche, I know, but so true). Keep journeying, learn the lessons you need to learn along the way. One day you wake up and realize you are living the life you want. :)

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
CharlieD10 said:
To paraphrase a song I encourage a friend of mine to take to heart: Don't worry too much if you don't know what you want to be at 22. Lots of people have no idea who they want to be at 22. Some of the most interesting 40-year olds I know still don't know!

As early as 20 I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do with my life. However, my life took some interesting "detours" because I didn't know how to turn myself in the direction I wanted to go. As it turns out, some of those detours provided me with experiences and skills I would not be without today. Having said that, though, if you had asked me when I was 30 if the life I live now is what I imagined for myself, I would tell you "No". Life is a journey, not a destination (cliche, I know, but so true). Keep journeying, learn the lessons you need to learn along the way. One day you wake up and realize you are living the life you want. :)
wisely said....
however my greay hairs them tell me everyday girl you getting up there .....
but i celebrate every grey hair on my head because with each one of them i recieve i like to think , i gain a bit of knowledge with them

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
CharlieD10 said:
re-kingston.immigration @ international.gc.ca is the address I use to send them email. They reply to that one, usually in about a day or two.
the email to chc is not going through something with the email address, please check for me. thanks

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
sheriB said:
Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it means to hear you say that. I will definitely get in contact with you :)
I volunteer as a mentor for young black women, just like yourself. Would love for you to meet some other young black professionals, it will be good for you when you get here. Is your family in the Toronto area?

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
daintygirl said:
the email to chc is not going through something with the email address, please check for me. thanks
Did you include the "re-"? Don't include that part just from kingston onwards and eliminate the spaces.
kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
ready_fi_move_on said:
wisely said....
however my greay hairs them tell me everyday girl you getting up there .....
but i celebrate every grey hair on my head because with each one of them i recieve i like to think , i gain a bit of knowledge with them
We need to thank God seh a jus grey hair :p Other things could be going south on us too 8)

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
firstladyking said:
Did you include the "re-"? Don't include that part just from kingston onwards and eliminate the spaces.
kingston.immigration @ international.gc.ca
thanks flk, i sent it and receive confirmation that they receive it.

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
sheriB said:
Well am not married... I am being sponsored as a dependent of my mother. I am in my mid-twenties however I have never left school. I went from high school to college to university. So I'm a dependent over the age of 22 who is fully dependent on parent. I wish I could tell you what's happening with immigration, my mother decided to use a lawyer (a rather expensive lawyer) instead of listening to me.

Am kinda here by myself, mother and siblings (Canadians) live in Canada, trying to figure out how and where my life is going. Am getting older with no sense of direction.
sherib, please send me your info again, the dates of your filing, my son is 23 now but i include him my app when he was 21 going on to his 22 birthday and he was issued a separate letter from manitoba cuz of his age so he will be issued a sep PRV from CHC, i think for parents to be there and file for children the childs has to be under 18 yrs but she was doing like what i am doing file from here with the family she could include u as adult child still in school. lawyers going eat out your moms money and get no where. is it that your filing for manitoba or ontario

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
CharlieD10 said:

:) Wear Sunscreen... at one point I use to listen to that everyday. Thanks for sharing. It's true what you life is a journey, for instance four years I was living a completely different life. Was in Sav taking care of my grandfather, going to community college and thought I had found the love of my life. You have to go through a series of experiences to have the life you want. Thanks Charlie :)

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
firstladyking said:
I volunteer as a mentor for young black women, just like yourself. Would love for you to meet some other young black professionals, it will be good for you when you get here. Is your family in the Toronto area?
Thank you, I would love to. Well my mom and siblings live in Brampton.