Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Thanks ceeallen. I think this is the only way I'm going to get through the next however long I have to wait. I love you picture it makes me sad because I totally get it, you want so much to be with the one you fell in love with and this just feels like torture. I thought that most applications go well beyond the expiration of the medical, this sight has given me hope that it's not all Canadians that are being robbed habing to do the medical twice, just some of us :D

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Thanks RFMO. I will be praying for all of you too. The support seems amazing. I'm hoping and praying each day. It's so hard to leave my husband. I've comtemplated leaving Canada to be with him as well, but I have a special needs daughter and she certainly needs the excellent support she receives here in Canada. Besides, I've never lived outside of Canada and not sure how well I would do there. I fly to Jamaica every 6-8 weeks to see my husband though and I thank God that I am at least able to do that.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
wow i am jelous i wish i was able todo that ,,, would make this alot easier
but my work would not permit me the time to leave the country for too long
trust me it sucks paying $500+ to fly for 4 hours back and forth and only get to spend 2 days on a long weekend ..... i really wish that they had night flights that i could leave on a friday night and come back on a sunday night .... cause i would be going to ja every few weeks lol working just to afford the flights lol .... i cant wait for this all to be over and my husband and step daughter to get their visa stamp

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Trust me RFMO. I only get 4 weeks vacation, so I take Friday/Mondays over week-ends to make up the time. My hubby has a US Visa, so sometimes when he has to meet his clients in the US we meet up in Buffalo or something and that is nice, but Buffalo there is nothing to do there and the food really stinks. I love going down to see him, so nice to see his smiling face waiting for me when I get out of the airport, it's the coming back home that hurts. BTW, I don't pay more than $450 tax included for my flights into Mobay. The key I find is to always be looking, the deals come up quick, so you need to be just as quick to take advantage of the great deals out there. Like you, I am hoping, dreaming, anticipating the day when I can travel with him and not have to leave him anymore unless it is something we both choose to do. I cry every time I fly home. It's so hard.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
firstladyking said:
Tell me Charlie D, why did your process take 14 months? I see that from the time the application was sent to JA until the PR was granted that was 9 months, then another 2 months after that your spouse landed. Can you help me understand what you went through, I think it would really help. Do you know if having your MP inquire on your behalf is really a good thing or not?
Well, as it happens I am the landed spouse. :) One of the major reasons why our processing took so long at KG would be because I was a bit of a rolling stone. In the years since I was 18 until I left Jamaica, I had a new address 6 times in 18 years (yes, I just dated myself), including a couple of years in the US. I do not envy whoever had to backtrack through my background details to confirm them, LOL.

A second reason was I also held a government job at one point, which I understand can slow down processing because of the time it can take to confirm details of these when dealing with Jamaican government departments.

We considered asking my husband's MP to inquire on our behalf, but he never did get a chance to speak with her. As it is, right around the time we started wondering what was up and wondering how else to try to get in touch with her (she was never in her office), is when things started happening for us. While they can't speed up the process, they can help to set your mind at ease by letting you know what's going on, if nothing else. You could also try ordering your GCMS notes. For us, it really helped to calm a lot of fears we had about how our relationship might be judged (we met online, which is not quite usual for Jamaicans yet!) and when we had it in hand, we went back to waiting with less anxiety.

I took an additional 6 weeks to land after receiving my visa because I was obliged to give a month's notice at work, also to my landlord, and I did none of those things until the day KG called me to say I could come for my passport because my visa had been issued. Once all that was done, I then went home for just under 2 weeks to spend some time with my mother and grandmother.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Sorry I made you have to write all of that Charlie D ;D and thanks so much for sharing your story.
How long did it take you to get your GCMS notes? Sounds like you recommend asking for this.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
ready_fi_move_on said:
update update update

my file is now in kgn i can log onto website with hubby's name - status is now medical recieved KGN
WHOOOO TOOOOTTTT

BLONDIE..... da boat has docked..........whooo toot GO the website (put in your file number as i.d number and hubbys last name d.o.b and country of birth) :p :p :p :p
wow things are moving
jamgirl update me on the sheet please meds recieved
sooooo happy right now
I tried but nothing yet.. Congrats to you!!!!! Things seem to be moving along great! Hopefully today or tomorrow! I hope there's not a lot of files so they can move through quickly!

I can log on using the file number and his info.. It says application received

Luuk

May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2011
File Transfer...
01-2012
Med's Done....
08-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2012
Hello everyone,
I have a lot of catching up to do, as I haven't checked in for awhile. CONGRATS to all those with updates, that means you are getting closer to the end of this process. My prayers to those who are facing challenges and struggles, may God comfort your hearts in these times.
Great to see that you experienced your first Canada Day Charlie!!!! and as usual great advice about living together. My husband is always taking care of everything but I am very independent and sometimes I have to let him know I can manage.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Hi Luuk and Blondie. I'm a newbie please any advice you can pass along would be very helpful.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
FLK, No problem! ;)

I do recommend ordering your GCMS notes if you have passed the 6 months mark (at KG) with no word, which is when we ordered ours. We received them about a month after ordering them. After all the worry and anxiety I had expended (I was sure I would be called for an interview!), we found the notes were very bland, noted all the evidence we had presented and said nothing much else. There were a few notes on our relationship, like the fact that we had a lot of photos with various family members (my family is big on photos!) and several letters of support from family and friends.

Hey Luuk! Yes, I had a good Canada Day. Dressed up in a Team Canada t-shirt hubby bought me and drank my first Canadian Budweiser. Not giving away my Red Stripe for nothing, but it was fairly tolerable. :p

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Can I ask you one more questions Charlie D. How long after you ordered your GCMS notes did you get your PR?

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
firstladyking said:
Hi Luuk and Blondie. I'm a newbie please any advice you can pass along would be very helpful.
Advice is to be patient as this is a roller-coaster. I am by no means an expert but I spend most of my time reading this forum and making new friends. I am patiently (yeh right) waiting for some kind of answer now.

If I can be of any service to you.. Don't hesitate to ask!

:D

Luuk

May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2011
File Transfer...
01-2012
Med's Done....
08-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2012
Welcome newbies, (im still a newbie based on my posts) but I have being reading all the valuable information on this site for so long that I don't feel like one. I am only sorry that I did not find this site before we submitted our documents. I also want to encourage everyone waiting, I know how difficult it gets, especially when everything seems to be at a standstill. We sent our documents and they were returned to us. We did what we were asked and sent them back ASAP. When the file was received in KNG, I was asked to submit additional information. It got frustrating at times, the waiting isn't easy, but eventually it all worked out.

So r u all ready for an update???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I have received my passport and will be landing soon. :)
So Jamgirl, you should be next!!!!!!!!!
God bless you all.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
What's up beautiful ppl! Had a quick moment and wanted to jump on and see whats new. Ready I am exhilarated for you - so amazing to log on and see "an update" - doesn't it feel like scratching a lotto ticket and you won a prize??? amazing...well i really do hope mine along with Blondie's app is not too far below yours - we travelled on the same banana boat down there!!! Let us through!!! LOL

FLK - Welcome to you my lady. I'm pretty new here but love the unity in this forum. Very encouraging and supportive. You'll def get the support that you need here. As for that crazy feeling of just wanting to burst into crocodile tears when walking through the gates and waiting to board - knowing your man is just on the other side of the concrete wall driving off - has got to be one of the most difficult things to experience. But know that nothing great comes easy and as difficult the times may be being apart - builds resounding strength in your love for eachother. Be comforted to know that those feelings are completely normal and we all share in them with you.

Charlie thanks for your story - a fairy tale ending. Who would have know Zapp Roger song predicted the future so well - Computer Love!!

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Luuk, can you provide some details, when you applied, etc. I'm so happy for you ;D. Another one bites the dust!