Interview........
None
Passport Req..
2012/11/26
VISA ISSUED...
2012/12/11
LANDED..........
2012/12/18
im not gonna sweat it....im monday im sending the package to Mississauga.......and then its in Gods hands...and ill just keep going back every 3 months...then before i know it...he'll be here....SOOOO i wont look at this as a devastating long process...cause in the meantime at least i have options...and distractions to take my mind off the wait...time really does fly...but when theres something u want so bad....thats when LIFE feels like it takes forever.

so....im thinking i sent it in Monday...and my XMAS he should almost be here ...and until then guess it will be another year i have a tan all year round lol

and even if come xmas he not here...doesnt matter cause ill be there for xmas same way and then for SURE by march break he will be here and if NOT ill be ther march break SAME WAY yuh zeemi!!!!!!!!! maybe the system can hold him back, but they sure as hell cant hold me LOL

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Greetings ;D

Vivam, I just did a google search for my city- Calgary Immigration services, made an appointment for education and while there they told us to go on the 12th floor financial division, we werent looking for money or help, but just checked it out, and they had all sorts of services avaiable, from housing to sleep country certificates to Y memberships all sorts of things to help new comers , and if they are Landed immigrants they were so nice, I even said I have a good job and they said well it's difficult when only one person supports the family...
so best is to search your city and what services are avaiable to you!

Awesome Landing stories!! may you be happy forever!!

Ices- prayers and positive vibes sent to you and KG...
Jamgirl same goes for you...irie vibes!

LHNB- we stayed at Beaches Sandy Bay and Grand Pinapple in Negril, both nice...Negril is a romantic place for sure! candlelight dinners..a beautiful fire by the sea!! ahhhhh I miss Negril.

Anada send er off!! congrats on gettin it done, and you are right, you can go whenever! that's the best part!

Hubby and I booked Vegas, so believe it or not...back to immigration papers!! and this time there will be an interview for a US Visa...yuk..

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good afternoon forum family and a big up Charlie, nearly done girl. A big CONGRATS to those that have gotten updates and love the landing stories, been a busy season so far for KG and a wup whup to them.
Hearing your tales about getting ready and putting your affairs in order reminded me of this little tale.

The doctor, after an examination, sighed and said, 'I've got some bad news. You have cancer, and you'd best put your affairs in order.'

The woman was shocked, but managed to compose herself and walk into the waiting room where her daughter had been waiting.

'Well, daughter, we women celebrate when things are good, and we celebrate when things don't go so well. In this case, things aren't well. I have cancer. So, let's head to the club and have a martini.'

After 3 or 4 martinis, the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more martinis. They were eventually approached by some of the woman's old friends, who were curious as to what the two were celebrating.

The woman told her friends they were drinking to her impending end, 'I've been diagnosed with AIDS.' The friends were aghast, gave the woman their condolences and beat a hasty retreat.

After the friends left, the woman's daughter leaned over and whispered, 'Momma, I thought you said you were dying of cancer, and you just told your friends you were dying of AIDS! Why did you do that??'

'Because I don't want any of those bitches sleeping with your father after I'm gone.'

And THAT, my friends, is what is called, 'Putting Your Affairs In Order'

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Ana, good way to look at the things you have no control over, I did exactly the same. When I would return from yard I would book my next flight back so gave us something to look forward to, would count them off in weeks, 12-11-10-9 and before we knew I would be back. Optimisim is a great way to live, see

It is August in a small town on the coast in Jamaica, holiday season is in full swing, but it is raining so there is not too much business happening.

Everyone is heavily in debt.

Luckily, a rich Canadian tourist arrives in the foyer of the small local hotel.

He asks for a room and puts a 100 cdn on the reception counter, takes a key and goes to inspect the room located up the stairs on the third floor.

The hotel owner takes the banknote in hurry and rushes to his meat supplier to whom he owes 100 cdn.

The butcher takes the money and races to his wholesale supplier to pay his debt.

The wholesaler rushes to the farmer to pay 100 cdn for pigs he purchased some time ago.

The farmer triumphantly gives the 100 cdn to a local prostitute who gave him her services on credit.

The prostitute goes quickly to the hotel, as she owed the hotel for her hourly room use to entertain clients, and lays the 100 cdn on the counter.

At that moment, the rich Canadian is coming down to reception and informs the hotel owner that the proposed room is unsatisfactory and takes his 100 euros back and departs.

There was no profit or income. But everyone no longer has any debt and the small town people look optimistically towards their future.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey canuck! Love the jokes, as always. Yes, clock is ticking!

Anada, congrats on being ready to get that app submitted, and hooray for that positive attitude going in! :)

LHNB, it's a secret! :-X LOL, I arrive in Canada the first week in June, so not long now!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
lovehasnoboundaries said:
Hey Jamgirl, don't stress! Didn't you say your MP said everyything's on track?? Just a waiting process now...keep the faith girl your time will soon come!
I was told on April 27th that "my file is in process and still not over the 16 month mark quoted on the website" thats it, thats all. The MP added that if there were any red flags, KGN would have to disclose that. Sorry, I am not trying to be feisty or ignorant, but without any case specific details, I am not convinced that this is an update that is promising. I am not convinced that this update is equal to the "YOUR FILE IS IN PROCESS AS OF XX DATE" that some people are seeing on their e-cas. Also, when people see this update, they are usually hearing from KGN within 2-3 weeks. I hsve not heard a thing so this also adds to my distrust in my update via MP. I am however trying to stay positive and patient. I have all the forms ready to send off for my CAIPS notes and am only hoping now that he will get PPR before I receive them so I can put this process behind me and move forward in my new life.

In the mean time, Lost and I are trying to plan a trip down to JA together to see our hubbies but flights out of the prairies are so expensive this time of year. So, if anyone hears of an amazing seat sale leaving in the next 2 months please share! It has been over 100 days since we saw our hubbies and I know that a visit home will relieve some of this anxiety and hold me over for another few months til hubby can be home with me.

AND, overall, I am very grateful for your wishes and shout outs. I know it may seem insignificant, but everytime someone on our forum shouts out my name and gives some hope, it makes my day. It truly puts a smile on my face when I get to read something as simple as ""Jamgirl, it won't be long". It isn't insignificant to me.

Once more I would like to extend an invitation to everyone on here to join our FB group. We have been having some fun as to guessing eachother's profiles to their forum name, lol. Please come join us and puts some faces to some names. It also helps the time pass.

Charlie, any thoughts as to who you are going to pass on the responsibility of posting the updates? I am still interested!

xxx

lostwithoutu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2010
AOR Received.
never got
File Transfer...
09/12/2010
Med's Request
02/05/2012
Med's Done....
28/10/2010 redone 21/05/2012
Interview........
26/4/2012
Passport Req..
02/05/2012 as per letter will take in 18/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/07/2012
LANDED..........
14/07/2012
Jamgirl said:
I was told on April 27th that "my file is in process and still not over the 16 month mark quoted on the website" thats it, thats all. The MP added that if there were any red flags, KGN would have to disclose that. Sorry, I am not trying to be feisty or ignorant, but without any case specific details, I am not convinced that this is an update that is promising. I am not convinced that this update is equal to the "YOUR FILE IS IN PROCESS AS OF XX DATE" that some people are seeing on their e-cas. Also, when people see this update, they are usually hearing from KGN within 2-3 weeks. I hsve not heard a thing so this also adds to my distrust in my update via MP. I am however trying to stay positive and patient. I have all the forms ready to send off for my CAIPS notes and am only hoping now that he will get PPR before I receive them so I can put this process behind me and move forward in my new life.

In the mean time, Lost and I are trying to plan a trip down to JA together to see our hubbies but flights out of the prairies are so expensive this time of year. So, if anyone hears of an amazing seat sale leaving in the next 2 months please share! It has been over 100 days since we saw our hubbies and I know that a visit home will relieve some of this anxiety and hold me over for another few months til hubby can be home with me.

AND, overall, I am very grateful for your wishes and shout outs. I know it may seem insignificant, but everytime someone on our forum shouts out my name and gives some hope, it makes my day. It truly puts a smile on my face when I get to read something as simple as ""Jamgirl, it won't be long". It isn't insignificant to me.

Once more I would like to extend an invitation to everyone on here to join our FB group. We have been having some fun as to guessing eachother's profiles to their forum name, lol. Please come join us and puts some faces to some names. It also helps the time pass.

Charlie, any thoughts as to who you are going to pass on the responsibility of posting the updates? I am still interested!

xxx
hon this will come to an end !!! im here for u i know its hard i have waited 18 months now so sometimes it is very tryin on our relationship but soo worth it in the end !!! i still have a 2 month or more wait ahead of me!!

so u know u can lean on me!!

im excited hope we can get this trip planned soon!!! i love to do this vaccay with u!!!!! hugs hon u know we care!!!! thinkin of u in the hard time!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
thanks lost! yes, hoping to see the end soon. I am sorry you will have had to wait 2 years. it seems so unjust! Hope our trip turns out!!

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
suki said:
LHNB- we stayed at Beaches Sandy Bay and Grand Pinapple in Negril, both nice...Negril is a romantic place for sure! candlelight dinners..a beautiful fire by the sea!! ahhhhh I miss Negril.

Anada send er off!! congrats on gettin it done, and you are right, you can go whenever! that's the best part!

Hubby and I booked Vegas, so believe it or not...back to immigration papers!! and this time there will be an interview for a US Visa...yuk..
WOw, never been to Negril sounds nice I will def check it out thank you.

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Hey canuck! Love the jokes, as always. Yes, clock is ticking!

Anada, congrats on being ready to get that app submitted, and hooray for that positive attitude going in! :)

LHNB, it's a secret! :-X LOL, I arrive in Canada the first week in June, so not long now!
Whoa! That's like tomorrow Charlie LOL...safe travels my friend!

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Jamgirl said:

xxx
I hear ya!
Ya, I guess the best thing is to get those notes so you can have a better idea of what's going on. It's nice that you're planning a trip down to visit..that should make you feel better ;) I haven't seen my husband in almost 6 months, it's the longest I have ever been apart from him and I was sooo loosing it!!! But at the same time, I can't believe how fast the time went by and now I'm scrambling to get things together LOLOL. Oh boy, the things we have to go through in long distance relationships lol I hope for everyone's sake, their process will end soon!

Nighty night forum fam.

Dahlia

May 18, 2012
Well I have good news this morning. Hubby has a date! Yeah. I felt like the day would never come but he received a phone call Monday to pick up his passport and On Tuesday we have found out that he has been approved to leave by Oct 30, 2012.

Seems I am going to have to wait until the end of next month to see him as he has work to wrap up and a son to prepare mentally. It has been only been about 5 months of a wait but I tell you it has not been easy nor will the next little while waiting be easy either.

I am so happy and anxious and nervous all together. At least I have the next few weeks to go through the closets and draws and make room. Now that it is a reality I can finally do it right. But sharing my closet space is not going to be easy!

Well I look forward to hearing about everyone else's success stories and have a great weekend. I know it Thursday but it's my Friday!

May the peace of God strengthen you.

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
Dahlia that's awesome news!!!! Yaaay more greeeeen!!! Congrats!!